Posted by StealthGrey (226 posts) 14 days, 9 hours ago

Poll: Endgame Fat Thor vs Post-Nukes Doomsday (179 votes)

Thor sent him to Valhala 22%
Doomsday slaughterhouse 73%
Stalemate 4%

Fight take place in Gotham, 30 ft apart

Thor replaces the Trinity

No morals

Thor wielding Stormbreaker and Mjolnir

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by LJayG (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor dies and Doomsday cooks him like the pig he is.

#2 Posted by Flashkings (99 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday stomps lol

#3 Posted by Namebk (503 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch

#4 Posted by from_beyond (920 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday stomps fat Thor.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#5 Posted by EternalDarkFury (1666 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday

#6 Posted by death4bunnies (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd CAV this, I get Thor.

The brute won't be able to defend from Stormbreaker at all; and Thor has learned to "Go for the head".

Thor has the durability, skill, and damage output to take the solid majority here.

#7 Posted by Aqualion0 (2072 posts) - - Show Bio

The brute won't be able to defend from Stormbreaker at all; and Thor has learned to "Go for the head".

Thor couldn't even outspeed Thanos.

#8 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch. No version of MCU Thor stands a chance against even pre-nuke Doomsday

#9 Posted by RBT (28500 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday

#10 Edited by death4bunnies (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

@aqualion0 said:
@death4bunnies said:

Thor couldn't even outspeed Thanos.

Thanos is fairly fast himself, and is a skilled warrior with a brain.

I can post a couple reaction feat from Thanos that put his reaction time at supersonic(ask and I shall provide), I can also show quite a few supersonic reactions for Thor.

But speed isn't how I think Thor will win, I think its skill + a telekinetically controlled magical piercing weapon.

Thor can survive at least a few punches from DD, and should be able to full on 'tank' heatvision.

Thor has decapitation feats, and DD has no weapon to deflect Stormbreaker.

This issue here is DD is a brute, with zero skill and no focus(very unlike Thanos)

DD gets his head chopped off after a bit of a fight.

Thor 8/10

Im willing to CAV for Thor.

#11 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (2495 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday’s Power is to adapt and heal from anything, and this should include decapitation, or else Diana would have done that. Plus Thor has never actively gone for the head during a battle, and he only did it to a beaten down destroyed Thanos

#12 Edited by Redshift_Bacon (681 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch. Doomsday has superior physical strength and Thor has no way of killing him without Kryptonite. Cutting off body parts will only make Doomsday more deadly.

#13 Posted by TheSuperor (6799 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday.

#14 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor stomps, mismatch.

#15 Edited by death4bunnies (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

@emmafrostxmen said:

Doomsday’s Power is to adapt and heal from anything, and this should include decapitation, or else Diana would have done that. Plus Thor has never actively gone for the head during a battle, and he only did it to a beaten down destroyed Thanos

So not quite "never" then, Thor went for the head at least once, he also "went for the head" against the stone giant in Thor 2; but thats not my point, my point is Thor has feats to say that hell will survive long enough to figure out that DD is adapting.

Thor can survive a few punches and heat vision. He has Mjolnir and Stormbreaker here. In the beginning of the fight Thor will hit DD with lightning and Mjolnir/Stormbreaker throws. Its only a matter of time before Thor realizes blunt force and lighting dont do much; and again he has recently learned a valuable lesson about headshots.

I question where you got the underlined bit, DCEU Doomsday has shown some pretty decent regen, but I dont know if his power is to "heal and adapt from anything"

Lets talk about DD healing/adapting from decapitation. First he hasn't did that, and I believe its NLF to think that because he can heal his arm (He grew a spike where his hand was; spikes seem less complicated than hands and a lot less complicated than heads) he can regrow a head. Second Diana never went for the head, in fact right after she cut off its arm she tried to restrain it with the lasso. If Diana tried and failed or if he regrew a head Id see where you are coming from.

Think of Fox Wolverine, he has a high level of regen, but he doesn't have feats of regrowing a head, or full body from the head. Fox Deadpool has feats of regaining from his head being severed, but this took time; which brings me to my next question...

If DD 'can' regen from a recap, does it happen instantly? How long is he out of the fight? Does the body grow from the head or does a new head grow from the body?

However you look at this, DD has no defense against the sharp end of Stormbreaker. It has the feats to chop off his limbs until he is just a pile of spikes, and then decap him.

#16 Posted by TheVVitchKing (622 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday easy

#19 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (2495 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: I just meant that he never targeted someone’s head during a fight, which is still true. The only reason he did that to Thanos was because he was mad.

Stormbreaker’s feats really aren’t that good. It’s best feat is going through the infinity stone blast, and that seems more like an energy resistance feat because it wasn’t a physical object (the blast wasn’t physical)

Cutting Thanos also isn’t that impressive because Thanos is not known for his piercing durability

I do think Stormbreaker is a little better than Diana’s sword, but I’m not sure if it can easily cut off Doomsday’s limbs

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#20 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11846 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday has far superior striking to Thanos (he straight-up bypassed multiple speedblitzes from a fully powered Superman, and Superman's weakest speedblitz to date one-shotted the world engine that had a massive city block level of blunt force durability) and is ridiculously more durable and much faster and a hell of a lot more versatile. He one/two-shot kills Fatass Thor.

Also, Stormbreaker isn't cutting Doomsday.

#21 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (4906 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday wins.

But I think that, yes, Stormbreaker can cut DD.

#22 Posted by Subline (8400 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday would beat Prime Thor.

#23 Posted by rarelandpupper (343 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like fat thor claps

#24 Posted by death4bunnies (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: I just meant that he never targeted someone’s head during a fight, which is still true. The only reason he did that to Thanos was because he was mad.

Stormbreaker’s feats really aren’t that good. It’s best feat is going through the infinity stone blast, and that seems more like an energy resistance feat because it wasn’t a physical object (the blast wasn’t physical)

Cutting Thanos also isn’t that impressive because Thanos is not known for his piercing durability

I do think Stormbreaker is a little better than Diana’s sword, but I’m not sure if it can easily cut off Doomsday’s limbs

You keep saying never, then saying well that one time. He recently learned a lesson from Thanos "you should of went for the head", he was mad but it was this lesson, this battle experience that drove his tactic. Post infinity war he has learned this lesson, this bit of battle experience; that doesn't mean its his go to move, just that it is in fact now in his lexicon of moves.

Why wouldn't he eventually "go for the head" if nothing else is working.

Here are some piercing feats for Thanos.

Iron Man Mark L's energy blade-- Bucky shooting an M249 SAW---from Drax's dagger--Drax's dagger and Doctor Strange's Eldritch sword--Catches Doctor Strange's Eldritch sword with his hand-- Caps Gauntlets.

I think Buckys M249 SAW is comparable to the M230 Chaingun that was used against Doomsday in BVS. The chain gun has a slight edge in round size and velocity but not much.

I think Stormbreaker would cut DD in a similar way as Dianas sword did.

#25 Posted by Defiant_Will (1175 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a mismatch. Thor dies horribly.

#26 Posted by Tony501 (114 posts) - - Show Bio

DD Crubstomps

#27 Posted by Rijehu (1686 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by phillip33 (4252 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor needs to be at the top of his game to win this fight. Doomsday.

#29 Posted by Blueshoecant (1182 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor. But if he's jobbing he loses. IW Thor beats DD easily

Avatar image for supermanforever
#30 Posted by Supermanforever (8509 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday would massacre Infinity war thor. Love the thor being fat excuses.

#31 Posted by Crunch5481 (1148 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33 said:

@blueshoecant said:

Doomsday would massacre Infinity war thor. Love the thor being fat excuses.

#32 Posted by phillip33 (4252 posts) - - Show Bio

@crunch5481: doomsday didn’t massacre Superman, and Thor’s feats put him squarely at that level in everything but combat speed. Give Thor stormbreaker, which is a more effective piercing weapon that Diana’s sword, and you’ve got a dead doomsday( as long as Thor goes for the head, which he now knows to do.)

#33 Posted by Crunch5481 (1148 posts) - - Show Bio

@crunch5481: doomsday didn’t massacre Superman, and Thor’s feats put him squarely at that level in everything but combat speed. Give Thor stormbreaker, which is a more effective piercing weapon that Diana’s sword, and you’ve got a dead doomsday( as long as Thor goes for the head, which he now knows to do.)

DD was beating Superman at every 1v1 engagement. Thor isn't as durable as Superman, period. Thanos whopped him with far less force than DD used on Superman and Superman handled it much better. For piercing a sword is better than an axe, for chopping an axe is better, that's how those weapons work. You admit yourself that Thor isn't fast enough. Therefore, the significantly slower, less maneuverable, and less durable Thor gets massacred by Doomsday.

#34 Posted by noah_ouellette (3719 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor should still be physically superior based on feats.

#35 Edited by phillip33 (4252 posts) - - Show Bio

@crunch5481: beating, not massacring, and yes Thor has feats to put him in Superman’s league in terms of durability. How do you know thanos used far less force? Doomsday never seemed to hit with enough force to put hulk on deaths door in a few casual strikes. Here you are wrong again, piercing is just about breaking the skin. When you say piercing you are actually referring to cutting, in which case, yes a sword is superior to an axe. However for “piercing” in the same way a bullet might pierce an object by punching through it rather than cutting through it, an axe is far more effective. An axe has much more weight at the head, and a smaller surface area to apply the force to than the blades edge of any sword. An axe is much more effective for punching through a durable object. It’s why in medieval times a sword was nearly useless against someone in plate armor, and an axe or an object with a heavier head on it was used in every case against armor. I said Thor was slower than Superman, I didn’t say that he wasn’t fast enough to compete.

#36 Posted by iLeo (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao Doomsday stomps. Funny thinking about how people thought IW Thor could win

#37 Posted by jashro44 (53072 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday. His healing factor will let him soak stormbreaker and he is more durable. He can impale Thor with his spikes as well. I think Thanos or prime Thor in infinity war would be a better fight.

#38 Posted by Crunch5481 (1148 posts) - - Show Bio

@crunch5481: beating, not massacring, and yes Thor has feats to put him in Superman’s league in terms of durability. How do you know thanos used far less force? Doomsday never seemed to hit with enough force to put hulk on deaths door in a few casual strikes. Here you are wrong again, piercing is just about breaking the skin. When you say piercing you are actually referring to cutting, in which case, yes a sword is superior to an axe. However for “piercing” in the same way a bullet might pierce an object by punching through it rather than cutting through it, an axe is far more effective. An axe has much more weight at the head, and a smaller surface area to apply the force to than the blades edge of any sword. An axe is much more effective for punching through a durable object. It’s why in medieval times a sword was nearly useless against someone in plate armor, and an axe or an object with a heavier head on it was used in every case against armor. I said Thor was slower than Superman, I didn’t say that he wasn’t fast enough to compete.

Loading Video...

Thor is going to get absolutely destroyed by Doomsday's punch to Superman at ~30 seconds. That punch clearly has way more force than Thanos has ever produced in a strike. Superman also gets thrown and punted later on and then heatvisioned and gets right back up. Thor isn't walking away from any of that without serious damage unlike Superman who is visibly fine after all that.

Are you familiar with the concept of stabbing???? That's why a sword is better for piercing. You cannot stab with an axe.

And well he isn't fast enough to compete, sorry to burst your bubble. Doomsday dodged more than one and reacted to multiple Superman blitzes while in a 2v1. In a 1v1 there is no reason to suggest Doomsday would be distracted and could be caught off-guard. Once Thor gets hit once, it's over because he isn't getting a chance to get back up.

#39 Posted by Nervedamage (833 posts) - - Show Bio

@crunch5481: Remember the people that said he can tank a neutron star?

#40 Posted by Crunch5481 (1148 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I do. Thor bias at its finest.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
#42 Edited by medulaoblaganda (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday wrecks him. Damn!! Doomsdays CGI is so bad

#43 Posted by death4bunnies (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies said:

I'd CAV this, I get Thor.

Thor has the durability, skill, and damage output to take the solid majority here.

lol And Doomsday has Heatvision the ability to nuke cities instantly Super speed, the reflexes to catch a blitzing superman and wonder woman...

The durability? Thor cant take hulk...Doomsday overpowers someone who hold oil rigs, and throws satellites, thor is the guy who got over powered by someone throwing a boulder...got an upgrade and got beat by hella and thanos....and still cant take hulk....Thor fanboys never stop amazing me with their ability to wank

Would you like to CAV this, or perhaps go feat for feat here?

#44 Edited by Mad_Jim (2622 posts) - - Show Bio

A serious Thor stomps..

#45 Edited by Supermanforever (8509 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33 said:

First of all doomsday was borderline stomping Superman in every category, better speed, durability, strength while also fighting wonder woman at the same time. Superman just got up easily, because his blunt force durability is much better than thors.

Thor being more durable than superman is complete overhype, though his star forge feat is wanked to death even if we say its clarks level or slightly above its still much lesser than what doomsday can tank. Completely no selling a nuke and infact even gaining more power.

When it comes blunt force durability Clark trumps thor and its not even close. So far literaly every heavy hitter caused bleeding and beatdown to thor. Fighting doomsday will bring him on his knees in no time at all.

Also prove SB is better piercing weapon than Dianas sword first. The only thing we saw it cutting was thanos who is well below doomsday in every category

"thor goes for the head"

Thor is a snail compared to doomsday and even his sb throw was not even mach 1. Doomsday would casually dodge it and any hit on the limbs or body are insignificant

#46 Posted by Supermanforever (8509 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by death4bunnies (1489 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by Supermanforever (8509 posts) - - Show Bio

@nervedamage said:

Yes, I do. Thor bias at its finest.

I thought thor wank will die overtime. but the bias is just growing. Doomsday not only beat thor, but he will completely obliterate him. They could both infinity war and end game thors against doomsday and he still crushes.

Thor is slow

His physical strength is trash

His blunt force durability is trash

Lightning blasts would be absorbed.

All that remains is the axe, which has no feats of cutting someone at doomsdays level.

What remains? Doomsday destroying thor like fodder.

#50 Edited by Supermanforever (8509 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies said:
@supermanforever said:

@death4bunnies: what cav mate, thor gets dismantled.

I could make a strong argument for a duel wielding Thor.

There is no argument.

Doomsdays wrecks in every category and his lightning gets absorbed. All that remains is the axe, which has no feats of cutting someone at doomsdays level. It only cut thanos who is below doomsday in every category of durability. So axe cutting him is a literal assumptions.

Doomsday borderline stomps. Thor was almost down from couple punches by thanos. Doomsday hits hard enough to literaly stop superman bullrush and send him hundreds of meters flying. DD will snap thor in half.

Even the poll shows it despite, how much this site is biased with mcu characters (Specially thor)