User Lists: 0

Iron Man. Cap is crap

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Cap and Winter Soldier beat Iron Man... I feel like Mjolnir is more useful than Bucky. Not mention their comparative performances vs Thanos paints Cap as superior.

This is nanotech tony who held longer against thanos with 4 stones

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If hammer give cap thors durability then mabe cap but if he can just weild the hammer then Tony

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Worthy Thor powered Cap could for sure win especially if Tony tries to fight up close like he often does.

Caps gear has great offensive and defensive capabilities he stomps CQC and midrange, if Tony fights more like his combo against Thanos and using his hax / tech then we have a great battle on our hands.

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmyvailer said:

@i_like_swords: Should be self-evident but ok.

That Civil War fight was obviously a combination of PIS and Russo Force with a majorly nerfed Iron Man suit (Bleeding Edge >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Civil War suit). Even so, he was completely dominating the fight until the Russos made him just stand there at the end and get beaten repeatedly by the shield without defending himself (which is out of character for anyone).

There is no evidence Mjolnir is anything but a powerful weapon (honestly, Cap shouldn't even be able to use lightning if we go by Ragnarok but we can chalk that down to Russo BS for now). Cap should still have his base stats which are laughably outclassed in strength and speed.

Also Iron Man's performances were way better against Thanos. He lasted longer than anyone in IW (only person other than Thor to draw blood) and managed to survive and get the Gauntlet in Endgame.

In conclusion, Cap is still Cap but with a powerful weapon (which Stark already tanked in Avengers when it was in the hands of the much stronger Thor). Oh and that wasn't Bleeding Edge that tanked Thor's blows with Mjolnir either btw. Without PIS or Russo Force, this is still a stomp for Iron Man.

Proof it was PIS? Proof there is such a thing as "Russo Force"? Iron Man lost at the end of the day. Close fight tho.

According to Odin he who wieldith Thor's hammer gains his powers. When Thor had Mjolnir taken from him by Odin he was essentially a powerless human being, ergo he derives his power from the hammer. Ergo Cap has Thor's stats with the hammer.

I mean in Infinity War he had a larger team with more prep time, so it's not really comparable, and in any case, Cap landing 13 unanswered hits is the best anyone has done against Thanos apart from Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel. When we saw Iron Man, Thor and Worthy Cap all get a crack at Thanos each, Thor and Tony got destroyed, then Cap put Thanos on his ass and lit him up with lightning. Seems clear to me who is better.

Have u even seen ragnorok

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

@i_like_swords:Well first of all you already couldn't even refute half my points but I'll humour you nonetheless.

It's been proven a hundred times over (including on this site) that Civil War was 100% Russo Force and PIS. Just look at Iron Man's showings up to Age of Ultron vs. Cap's. It's not even comparable. I'm a lot closer to Cap than he is to Stark.

Wrong again. You're completely ignoring actual movie evidence and just making stuff up. Odin clearly said in Ragnarok: "Are you Thor, the God of Hammers? That hammer was to help you control your power, to focus it. It was never your source of strength."

Loading Video...

There is no proof that holding the hammer gives one the full powers of Thor. As Odin said, the hammer just helped Thor focus his powers. It's not actually the source of his powers.

Yeah in Infinity War Thanos also had FOUR stones so you're right it's not really comparable (unless you're going to try and pretend that FOUR Infinity Stones are even remotely close to ZERO Infinity Stones).

I didn't count 13 hits. Although even if he did, what's so great about that? If an ant gives 13 unanswered hits to my boot is that a good showing? Iron Man actually made FOUR stones Thanos bleed.

Anyways, it's already clear that I easily won this debate after you couldn't counter half of my last post but I thought I'd humour you and correct your last couple feeble made-up statements.

Have a great day and instead of embarrassing yourself further (like Cap would in a fight against Iron Man), go watch Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers, Avengers Age of Ultron, or Iron Man! Great movies!

I envy u good sir

Tony501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Iron Man wins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are people still arguing against Mjolnir giving Cap powers because of what Odin said in Ragnarok lol? It still doesn’t remove Odin enchanting the hammer and banishing Thor during the first film his statement was clearly on Mjolnir original use.

I also disagree Iron Man has a better showing than Cap because Thanos has the stones (only Strange can be truly used for that) Thanos was clearly taking it easy let Tony attack him and then 95% stomped Tony physically during IW 1v1 and with barely any effort. We saw that EG Tony didn’t fare any better with back up against a Thanos who came to fight specifically.

Worthy Cap is the only one to actually physically / gear / skilfully take on Thanos 1v1 CQC and last for a while.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The people saying Iron Man looked bad in Endgame clearly missed the scene where Tony got KO'ed because Thanos used him as a shield against Thor's strongest attack.

Stormbreaker+Mjolnir KO'ed Tony, not Thanos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ouroborik: yep but It does further show how different Thanos is going all out, when he wanted to he also finished Tony with relative ease during IW.

Cap imo did better but the more I think about Cap, Tony or Hulk etc all started well and got stomped in the counter attack.

TheDead77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap shreds him.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap shreds him.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Cap though is going to take a long time considering IM durability and regen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap 7/10

Dee420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap can be killed by gunfire, stark tanked a moon being thrown at him, this isn't close. Especially considering tonys versatility

Zansuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only way Captain America can win is if Iron Man choose NOT to fly and blast him from afar.

Flight ability is too much for Captain America...

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By JDogg

Tony stomps. Cap is nowhere near as powerful as Worthy Thor and you can easily tell that by the what he produce with Mjolnir vs what Wothry Thor produce.

Thor's wound up >>>>>>>>>>>>> Cap's

Thor's lightning >>>>>>>>>>>>> Cap's

Thor's shockwave created from shield >>>>>>>>>>> Cap's

You have to be blind as a bat to think Steve with Mjolnir is on the same level as Thpr with Mjolnir. He got laid out flat when Thanos connected his hits.

Iron-man kills him with some rockets, lasers or just by beating him down.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap wins.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap, and if IM can't fly it's a stomp.

TheHolyFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way. If Iron Man keeps his distance and unleashes his entire arsenal on Cap he should win. But if Cap is able to get close and land some hits it's game over for Tony.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With what we know now, Cap stomps. Second most powerful of the original six Avengers if infinity stones aren't involved. Iron Man was never close to beating Thanos and only drew blood due to team effort. Cap broke Thanos' helmet on his own and almost won if not for Thanos breaking the combo by dodging a critical strike. But we must remember that Cap had no prior practice with Mjolnir. And Cap with his usual stats was slammed into a boulder so hard it exploded, so he was already very injured before fighting Thanos. Iron Man's versatility and lightning resistance is the only reason he lasts and maybe gets in a few good attacks. But Cap has strength to still stand despite Thanos imbedding his sword into the shield and pressing down (separating Cap from Mjolnir doesn't immediately depower him). He's also more skilled so Iron Man needs to avoid fighting up close, but knowing him, he will. And he'll get shredded. Mjolnir may not destroy the armor in one hit, but the man inside can be knocked out from such a strike (assuming Cap isn't holding back).

REQUIEMCROSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

By feats, End Game Ironman.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man still wrecks. Pointing out Cap's performance against Thanos in Endgame compared to IW is kind of incomparable considering the fact that Thanos had infinity stones. He literally threw chunks of a moon at Tony before their final showdown. Stark withstood several hits from the guy before that too. The amount of self-repairing nanites he had by the time it was just a 1v1 would have been considerably less if he hadn't taken so many impacts beforehand. Even then, Stark still lasted just about as long as Rogers.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 takenstew22  Moderator

Iron Man takes it.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the Russos Endgame commentary, it's heavily implied that Worthy Cap is the stronger of the two, but if Iron Man takes to the air and spam his heavy hitters, he could take it. But I'm still giving it to Steve for the majority.

Radoslavan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys just accept it. Cap will destroy his suit with mjolnir.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff
deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Stark bodies casually.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap bodies him.

zyusouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By zyusouken

Anyone saying IM did more damage to Thanos clearly overlooked the multiple bruises and cuts on the face of Thanos directly after his 1v1 with Cap. Guess it’s easy to miss with the dark lighting and no mention in dialogue like IM got.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mjolnir Cap would beat EG/Prime Thor (or if you think it’s IW then him) on top of Tony - he’s the GOAT of the Trinity.

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Russo cancers are directing this fight then Tony jobs and gets oneshoted.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 cocacolaman  Moderator

Bump

I'm saying Iron Man for now

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man wins.

Is this still your opinion? I'm interested to hear your reasoning if you wouldn't mind sharing

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#140 krisbishop  Moderator

Funny how some IM fanboys are blaming "Russo Force" but also conveniently forgets that IM's greatest showing came from the Russo's as well.

But yeah, Cap wins.

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
DeutschKurzhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly cap stomps. I’ll change my mind when I actually hear a good argument

Avatar image for deactivated-60f0e58a604c0
deactivated-60f0e58a604c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap. Not close.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 cocacolaman  Moderator

Cap's performance against Thanos was much better than Tony's, I'll give him that. If this comes to a close quarters combat, Tony won't be able to take it home. However, Tony doesn't fight like that. When he went up against Thanos, Stark attacked from afar the first half of the fight instead of getting up close, using missiles and a sneak attack. He's not going to get up close unless he has to, which would be a major detriment to Steve since Iron Man has missiles, repulsor blasts, and lasers, none of which Cap has the raw durability to tank. Since Iron Man is faster and can fly, he'll control the pace of the fight, and he won't be staying in one spot, either, so lightning isn't an instant win. Even if Tony does get tagged, he can regen fast and recover with explosives. He's not helpless in close quarters, either, given his impressive stats and versatility like repulsor punches, blades and restraints. I give this to Tony 6/10

Avatar image for deactivated-5fabc76a05e3b
deactivated-5fabc76a05e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony should win more often than not, assuming he is using the IW nano-tech suit.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Yeah I still think he’d win. He can absorb electricity, self-repair from any barrage of attacks that Cap uses, and has a long range advantage. What’s his counter going to be to missile spam?

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By rajjarsalt

@noone1996 said:

@xzone: Yeah I still think he’d win. He can absorb electricity, self-repair from any barrage of attacks that Cap uses, and has a long range advantage. What’s his counter going to be to missile spam?

No-sells/shield block if he can't no-sell/destroy the missiles w/ lightning etc

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By rajjarsalt

A lightning Mjolnir from Thor was able to KO Iron Man. This backs up the notion that Iron Man absorbing god tier lightning isn't actually durability, since most of the energy gets captured by the arc reactor, leaving very little for Iron Man to get hurt by.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By rajjarsalt

That said Iron Man would never win this - Russos were praising his skill (the friday "you can't beat him" instance) when talking about how his skill when coupled with thor's powers was enough to almost take Thanos. Iron Man copying Cap's skill wouldn't be enough because of the massive power boost brought by Mjolnir along with Cap's skill being wanked by the AI as it is, and that intent applies to Endgame...because it was directly stated to.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for clarifying