#4 Posted by saymon3000 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

The one with the power of Thor wins.

#5 Posted by jimmyvailer (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Stark

#6 Posted by jimmyvailer (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@mad_jim said:

Mjolnir cap should stomp..

Has epic fight against Thanos..

Iron Man had a better showing against Thanos (with 4 stones) in IW.

#7 Posted by ANTHP2000 (28761 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony puts him down.

#8 Posted by i_like_swords (26271 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap and Winter Soldier beat Iron Man... I feel like Mjolnir is more useful than Bucky. Not mention their comparative performances vs Thanos paints Cap as superior.

#9 Posted by RabumAlal (5318 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap

#10 Posted by WollfMyth209 (17105 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see case either way.

#11 Posted by jimmyvailer (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

Cap and Winter Soldier beat Iron Man... I feel like Mjolnir is more useful than Bucky. Not mention their comparative performances vs Thanos paints Cap as superior.

No Caption Provided

#12 Posted by RBT (29308 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap

#13 Posted by FirstFirmament (433 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, the only reason EG Iron Man was taken down was because Thanos used him as a shield against an all powerful shot from Thor.

I guess this goes to show how powerful Thor is even in Endgame. A chunk of the moon and the power stone couldn't take down IW Iron Man but Thor could take down Endgame Iron Man and the metric is supposedly EG Iron Man > IW Iron Man.

Anyhow, Mjolnir Cap wins because his scene was just too epic.

#14 Posted by i_like_swords (26271 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

@i_like_swords said:

No Caption Provided

Elaborate.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#15 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (17223 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man. He held it down against Thor with Mjolnir pretty well.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#16 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6734 posts) - - Show Bio

Endgame Iron Man was pretty weak. Cap stomps.

#17 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

IM wins.

#18 Posted by Airgetlam (583 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give a slight majority to Cap based on the pure badassery of that scene.

#19 Posted by Marshall_Long (5649 posts) - - Show Bio

This

#20 Posted by Subline (8805 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol are people actually comparing Mark 46 (The suit which was weaker then even his earliest suits) to the Bleeding Edge Armor which made Thanos bleed, I didn't realize people on this site were such morons.

OT: Iron Man stomps.

#22 Posted by LarryVos (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man

Both had impressive showings against Thanos and both know how the other fights, but Cap relies on his weapons significantly. If he loses either the shield OR Mjolnir, he loses a lot of his potential. And with IM's versatility and raw power, I see Cap being disarmed of one or both of his weapons at some point during a long fight, even if I think his raw power would be greater than IM's. Tony is smart enough to realize and exploit this imo

Avatar image for deactivated-5ce9caa16188f
#23 Posted by deactivated-5ce9caa16188f (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony

#24 Posted by zxc6 (743 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man> Mjolnir Thor

Irom Man win

#25 Posted by AngryHulks (3781 posts) - - Show Bio

IM's armor can absorb lightnings, not to mention miniature homing missiles.

Avatar image for waltzeffective1
#26 Edited by WaltzEffective1 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhh iron man absorbs lightning plus his shield took a sustained beam from power stone iron man will stomp

#27 Posted by jashro44 (53869 posts) - - Show Bio

He didn't seem different than infinity war. I think the issue was he only really fought Thanos. I also think its fair to say the Thanos we saw in End Game was more brutal than the one we saw in infinity war.

#28 Edited by jashro44 (53869 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap.

#29 Posted by Green_Tea (10583 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: civil War Iron Man armour was faaaar weaker than Mark 85

#30 Posted by AsianAntics (745 posts) - - Show Bio

5/10 for Cap. I'm really unsure about this one tbh.

#31 Edited by jimmyvailer (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Should be self-evident but ok.

That Civil War fight was obviously a combination of PIS and Russo Force with a majorly nerfed Iron Man suit (Bleeding Edge >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Civil War suit). Even so, he was completely dominating the fight until the Russos made him just stand there at the end and get beaten repeatedly by the shield without defending himself (which is out of character for anyone).

There is no evidence Mjolnir is anything but a powerful weapon (honestly, Cap shouldn't even be able to use lightning if we go by Ragnarok but we can chalk that down to Russo BS for now). Cap should still have his base stats which are laughably outclassed in strength and speed.

Also Iron Man's performances were way better against Thanos. He lasted longer than anyone in IW (only person other than Thor to draw blood) and managed to survive and get the Gauntlet in Endgame.

In conclusion, Cap is still Cap but with a powerful weapon (which Stark already tanked in Avengers when it was in the hands of the much stronger Thor). Oh and that wasn't Bleeding Edge that tanked Thor's blows with Mjolnir either btw. Without PIS or Russo Force, this is still a stomp for Iron Man.

#32 Edited by jimmyvailer (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline said:

Lol are people actually comparing Mark 46 (The suit which was weaker then even his earliest suits) to the Bleeding Edge Armor which made Thanos bleed, I didn't realize people on this site were such morons.

OT: Iron Man stomps.

Uhh iron man absorbs lightning plus his shield took a sustained beam from power stone iron man will stomp

#33 Posted by imagein (891 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony wins. His suit can absorb Mjolnir’s lightning, and Steve can be disarmed of his shield. Iron-Man has long-range weaponry in the form of repulsor beams and missiles. He can create and use nanite-bladed weapons with his suit, and physical damage can be repaired (albeit not indefinitely) via the nanites in the suit.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#34 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6734 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@blackspidey2099 said:

He didn't seem different than infinity war. I think the issue was he only really fought Thanos. I also think its fair to say the Thanos we saw in End Game was more brutal than the one we saw in infinity war.

You mean Thanos was heavily holding back against Stark in Infinity War? That's fair. If we put Mark 85 and Mark 50 Iron Man at the same level, I think Cap stomps either way though.

#35 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12943 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man

#36 Posted by i_like_swords (26271 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Should be self-evident but ok.

That Civil War fight was obviously a combination of PIS and Russo Force with a majorly nerfed Iron Man suit (Bleeding Edge >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Civil War suit). Even so, he was completely dominating the fight until the Russos made him just stand there at the end and get beaten repeatedly by the shield without defending himself (which is out of character for anyone).

There is no evidence Mjolnir is anything but a powerful weapon (honestly, Cap shouldn't even be able to use lightning if we go by Ragnarok but we can chalk that down to Russo BS for now). Cap should still have his base stats which are laughably outclassed in strength and speed.

Also Iron Man's performances were way better against Thanos. He lasted longer than anyone in IW (only person other than Thor to draw blood) and managed to survive and get the Gauntlet in Endgame.

In conclusion, Cap is still Cap but with a powerful weapon (which Stark already tanked in Avengers when it was in the hands of the much stronger Thor). Oh and that wasn't Bleeding Edge that tanked Thor's blows with Mjolnir either btw. Without PIS or Russo Force, this is still a stomp for Iron Man.

Proof it was PIS? Proof there is such a thing as "Russo Force"? Iron Man lost at the end of the day. Close fight tho.

According to Odin he who wieldith Thor's hammer gains his powers. When Thor had Mjolnir taken from him by Odin he was essentially a powerless human being, ergo he derives his power from the hammer. Ergo Cap has Thor's stats with the hammer.

I mean in Infinity War he had a larger team with more prep time, so it's not really comparable, and in any case, Cap landing 13 unanswered hits is the best anyone has done against Thanos apart from Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel. When we saw Iron Man, Thor and Worthy Cap all get a crack at Thanos each, Thor and Tony got destroyed, then Cap put Thanos on his ass and lit him up with lightning. Seems clear to me who is better.

#37 Edited by jimmyvailer (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

@i_like_swords:Well first of all you already couldn't even refute half my points but I'll humour you nonetheless.

It's been proven a hundred times over (including on this site) that Civil War was 100% Russo Force and PIS. Just look at Iron Man's showings up to Age of Ultron vs. Cap's. It's not even comparable. I'm a lot closer to Cap than he is to Stark.

Wrong again. You're completely ignoring actual movie evidence and just making stuff up. Odin clearly said in Ragnarok: "Are you Thor, the God of Hammers? That hammer was to help you control your power, to focus it. It was never your source of strength."

Loading Video...

There is no proof that holding the hammer gives one the full powers of Thor. As Odin said, the hammer just helped Thor focus his powers. It's not actually the source of his powers.

Yeah in Infinity War Thanos also had FOUR stones so you're right it's not really comparable (unless you're going to try and pretend that FOUR Infinity Stones are even remotely close to ZERO Infinity Stones).

I didn't count 13 hits. Although even if he did, what's so great about that? If an ant gives 13 unanswered hits to my boot is that a good showing? Iron Man actually made FOUR stones Thanos bleed.

Anyways, it's already clear that I easily won this debate after you couldn't counter half of my last post but I thought I'd humour you and correct your last couple feeble made-up statements.

Have a great day and instead of embarrassing yourself further (like Cap would in a fight against Iron Man), go watch Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers, Avengers Age of Ultron, or Iron Man! Great movies!

#38 Posted by Rebake (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

Breaking helmet>drop of blood

Cap wins especially with no flight. Thor's power>Iron Man's anyways so it's not like Iron Man's weak, he's just not on that level of power. I notice with Mjolnir that Cap kept a giant alien at bay effortlessly while talking to other Avengers with no worry about it snapping at his head with sharp teeth. Meanwhile, Infinity War Cap had trouble from one outrider jumping on him. Cap got a boost in stats for sure.

#39 Posted by Lord_Tenebrous (2347 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap was already a significantly better fighter with contendable physicals. Now, amplified by the power of Thor, it's pretty clear that the guy who vastly outperformed Captain Marvel will win.

#40 Edited by nfactor1995 (13003 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait...people don’t actually think Cap gained Thor’s stats when he held Mjolnir right?

#41 Posted by g2_ (11980 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait...people don’t actually think Cap gained Thor’s stats when he held Mjolnir right?

He has.

#42 Posted by g2_ (11980 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap.

#43 Posted by JDogg (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Stark.

#44 Posted by IAmInEvitable (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony beams him to death.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#45 Posted by blackpantherisb (7340 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Iron Man is EG he loses, but if Tony gets composite nano-tech feats then he wins handily.

#46 Posted by nfactor1995 (13003 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: What evidence is there to support that?

#47 Posted by g2_ (11980 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Edited by jashro44 (53869 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Odin's statement in Thor 1.
  2. The fact that is what happens in the comics when someone picks up the hammer (I would say going by Occam's razor the default assumption should be to assume the rules are the same as the source material when unspecified).
#49 Posted by g2_ (11980 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@nfactor1995 said:

1. Odin's statement in Thor 1.
  2. The fact that is what happens in the comics when someone picks up the hammer (I would say going by Occam's razor the default assumption should be to assume the rules are the same as the source material when unspecified).

Yeah this.

#50 Edited by jashro44 (53869 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole statement from Ragnarok doesn't prove much. Thor in the comics also has powers without his hammer. But even so people picking up the hammer still give them Thor's powers. The same rules were established in the first Thor movie.

EDIT: Also when Odin made that statement in Ragnarok he was explicitly talking about Thor's ability to summon lightning....Something captain america did when he picked up mjolnir. So Thor's ability to command lightning wasn't dependent on mjolnir but Cap still got the power to do that. I see no reason why we shouldn't assume he didn't inherit all of Thor's powers considering that is the mantra of the hammer.

EDIT 2: When Thor was wrestling with Thanos we see cap jump on Thanos back and start grabbing mjolnir to pull the hammer. This would also strongly suggest cap's physicals were amped because otherwise that would be a stupid decision both tactically on cap's part and narratively on the Russos.