No Caption Provided

vs.

No Caption Provided

#3 Posted by Killerwasp (17209 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda

#4 Posted by Bat_Siri (2582 posts) - - Show Bio

Not enough info on Valkorion for me to make a judgement

#5 Posted by ShootingNova (25691 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the starting distance. Valkorion is definitely more powerful and at a sufficient range he could win through Force Power bombardment, but he's going to die if they start at close range.

#6 Edited by WollfMyth209 (15608 posts) - - Show Bio

It's debetable whether or not Valkorion is more powerful, but Yoda's definitely more skilled. He'll win a majority.

#7 Posted by cs_zoltan (637 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209 said:

It's debetable whether or not Valkorion is more powerful, but Yoda's definitely more skilled. He'll win a majority.

This. And I'm leaning no for the underlined, so yeah Yoda.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfd5d714c687
#8 Edited by deactivated-5bfd5d714c687 (964 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm doubting Valkorion is 'definitely' above Yoda as a force wielder. Yoda's faster and much more skilled. He'd win.

#9 Edited by ShootingNova (25691 posts) - - Show Bio

After seeing an array of seriously powerful one-shot victims for Valkorion and him pretty much effortlessly blocking lightsabers bare-handed multiple times in succession, I'm going to say his power feats are better. Not substantially, but better. Still, I doubt his Deflection could keep up with the sheer speed of Yoda's aggressive lightsaber flurries at close range.

#10 Edited by WollfMyth209 (15608 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova:

After seeing an array of seriously powerful one-shot victims for Valkorion

Like? I didn't see Valk one-shot anybody Yoda couldn't, if he's so incliend to.

and him pretty much effortlessly blocking lightsabers bare-handed multiple times in succession,

And Yoda blocked the lightning of Sidious which could bend lightsabers, and people far and away inferior to Yoda canonically have done similar.

I'm going to say his power feats are better. Not substantially, but better.

And I'm going to say one-shotting armies, moving CIS transport ships like toys, forcing back tanks, lifting hundreds of Droidekas, dominating Asajj, countering Dooku easily, supporting entire ships easily on a Dark Side Nexus, and rivalling Darth Sidious is at least on par with Valkorion's power feats. And Yoda's better in every other way, so I'm definitely lending him a majority.

#11 Posted by cs_zoltan (637 posts) - - Show Bio

RotS Sidious' Lightning is still more impressive than Valkorion's imo. Knocking out Yoda > Knocking out pre-prime Arcann. Killing Mace Windu > Killing post-prime Marr.

#12 Posted by i_like_swords (26081 posts) - - Show Bio

Killing Mace Windu > Killing post-prime Marr.

The lightning wasn't what killed Mace, it was the fall, according to a few sources.

#13 Edited by WollfMyth209 (15608 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Torturing Maul > killing Marr. Marr's death was anticlimactic, tbh.

#14 Posted by cs_zoltan (637 posts) - - Show Bio

@cs_zoltan said:

Killing Mace Windu > Killing post-prime Marr.

The lightning wasn't what killed Mace, it was the fall, according to a few sources.

Really? Well thanks for the Windu wank material :p

Still Sidious was overpowering him through Vaapad while throwing the fight!

#15 Edited by reikai (7401 posts) - - Show Bio

Val stomps. Skill is meaningless.

<spoiler>If you refuse his offer, Arcann draws his saber and attacks Val. Who blocks every strike. Bare handed.</spoiler>

#16 Posted by cs_zoltan (637 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

<spoiler>If you refuse his offer, Arcann draws his saber and attacks Val. Who blocks every strike. Bare handed.</spoiler>

No Caption Provided

#17 Posted by Pharoh_Atem (44258 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkorion.

#18 Edited by Erkan12 (8254 posts) - - Show Bio

@cs_zoltan said:

Still Sidious was overpowering him through Vaapad while throwing the fight!

No Caption Provided

#20 Posted by DarthAnt66 (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkorion beats Yoda - and then Palpatine.

#21 Posted by magnus18 (664 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkorion wins in an epic fight. Val has superior force abilities/knowledge. In my opinion skill with a lightsaber is overrated in battles between incredibly strong force users. Although I will acknowledge what Nova said and agree that Yoda would have an advantage in close quarters combat.

#22 Posted by GeorgeWBush (11154 posts) - - Show Bio

Halloweenies

Avatar image for echostarlord117
#23 Posted by echostarlord117 (5462 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda would stomp this if he can manage to close the distance fast enough. I think that Valkorion can overpower Yoda with the Force, though. It just depends on who strikes first, I suppose.

#24 Posted by TheMuser (1854 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthant66: As we ALL know, Valkorion is SOOOOOO much better than Yoda and palps, And ONLYRevan can compete with him, you know what, Wollf was right (shocking I know) You really do see Revan as the Ultimate and all powerful...

No Caption Provided

#26 Posted by DarthAnt66 (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

@themuser said:

@darthant66: As we ALL know, Valkorion is SOOOOOO much better than Yoda and palps, And ONLYRevan can compete with him, you know what, Wollf was right (shocking I know) You really do see Revan as the Ultimate and all powerful...

The hell? Where did I say Valkorion was far more powerful than Yoda / Palpatine? :\ Simply stating I believe Valkorion is the more powerful of the three based on the evidence available at the time doesn't warrant the type of BS response you just did, kek. And what does Revan have to do with this at all?

#27 Posted by TheMuser (1854 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthant66 said:

Valkorion beats Yoda - and then Palpatine.

@themuser said:

The hell? Where did I say Valkorion was far more powerful than Yoda / Palpatine? :\ Simply stating I believe Valkorion is the more powerful of the three based on the evidence available at the time doesn't warrant the type of BS response you just did, kek. And what does Revan have to do with this at all?

Saying Valkorion beats yoda and Palpatine (Palpatine is particular) is kinda absurd when you consider palpatine has been confirmed to be the most powerful sith of all time. This reason this connects to Revan he directly competes with the Sith emperor (pre prime) in the Revan novel therefore you definition ally are putting Revan on the Same level with someone like yoda for instance....I ilike Revan and respect his power, but good lord man if you tell me Revan>Yoda....we need a intervention.

#28 Posted by sithari (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkorion is certainly more powerful, but with Yoda's superior speed and skill he can win this.

#29 Edited by DarthAnt66 (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

@themuser: Saying Valkorion beats yoda and Palpatine (Palpatine is particular) is kinda absurd when you consider palpatine has been confirmed to be the most powerful sith of all time. This reason this connects to Revan he directly competes with the Sith emperor (pre prime) in the Revan novel therefore you definition ally are putting Revan on the Same level with someone like yoda for instance....I ilike Revan and respect his power, but good lord man if you tell me Revan>Yoda....we need a intervention.

1. Valkorion is the Sith Emperor's most powerful incarnation as of October 2015.
  2. Valkorion is not a Sith. He isn't restricted by quotes saying Palpatine is the best.
  3. The fact Revan can compete doesn't mean Palpatine or Yoda can't do the same.
  4. Valkorion can beat Yoda - yet still beat Revan easier. Yoda > Revan, kek
#30 Posted by WollfMyth209 (15608 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthant66: His feats aren't exactly superior to Palpatine's. TOR seems to be specifically doing everything in their power to make Valkorion better than Palpy and Yoda.

#31 Posted by DarthAnt66 (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthant66: His feats aren't exactly superior to Palpatine's. TOR seems to be specifically doing everything in their power to make Valkorion better than Palpy and Yoda.

They are, though. The only thing left for debate is DE Palpatine vs Valkorion, in which I'm currently undecided. Majority of KMC has already concluded Valkorion > ROTS Palpatine. Time for CV to do the same. And indeed, Drew specifically said he wrote the Revan novel to show that Revan was facing a threat unlike the galaxy had ever seen before - including Palpatine.

#32 Posted by WollfMyth209 (15608 posts) - - Show Bio

They are, though.

Not really.

And indeed, Drew specifically said he wrote the Revan novel to show that Revan was facing a threat unlike the galaxy had ever seen before - including Palpatine.

Sidious comes after Vitiate in a chronological order. If you're referring to in the time they were invented, then yeah.

#33 Posted by i_like_swords (26081 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#34 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Wars nerd rage!!!! Loving it!!

Avatar image for xsupremeskillzx
#35 Posted by XSUPREMESKILLZX (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: Nah, Drew agreed with the notion that Vitiate in the novel was a madder, more nihilistic, and more powerful version of Palpatine. Not that Drew is really an authority on Palpatine, but just saying.

Anyways, Valkorion subdues the green freak.

#36 Posted by WollfMyth209 (15608 posts) - - Show Bio

@xsupremeskillzx: Drew also thought Meetra > Revan and Malak > Revan as a duelist. It's quite obvious the guy has no idea what he's talking about. I'd rather take several objective sources, than one subjective one.

#37 Edited by ShootingNova (25691 posts) - - Show Bio
@darthant66 said:

And indeed, Drew specifically said he wrote the Revan novel to show that Revan was facing a threat unlike the galaxy had ever seen before - including Palpatine.

lol, Karness Muur was stated by third-person omniscient sources (ie. more reliable than Drew) to be a power unlike anything Vader had ever seen before, including post-RotS Palpatine, but that doesn't mean the square root of jack sh!t.

@wollfmyth209 said:

Like? I didn't see Valk one-shot anybody Yoda couldn't, if he's so incliend to.

Really? I'm inclined to put Arcann above Dooku, and Valkorion destroyed him. And as much as I'd like to say Yoda would do the same to Tyranus by virtue of powerscaling, several sources suggest otherwise.

And Yoda blocked the lightning of Sidious which could bend lightsabers,

Actually, no. The one source in which Sidious did this was in the RotS novel, and in that, Yoda just gets plainly overwhelmed by Palpatine's Lightning.

and people far and away inferior to Yoda canonically have done similar.

Examples being?

And I'm going to say one-shotting armies,

I'm going to say that collapsing the Dark Temple in an extremely weakened state of a substantially pre-prime incarnation, and on the verge of death, is probably a better showing.

moving CIS transport ships like toys,

I'm pretty sure somebody like Vaylin could do this. She's destroyed some enormous objects with ease.

forcing back tanks

Same as above.

lifting hundreds of Droidekas,

The Dark Temple feat is better.

dominating Asajj, countering Dooku easily,

Please tell me you don't believe this is out of Valkorion's reach, because he's done better. I mean, dominating Asajj is something even Vitiate could do without a gesture, never mind Valkorion. Countering Dooku? A considerably pre-prime Vitiate was able to render his Imperial Guards nearly immune to Revan's Force attacks.

supporting entire ships easily on a Dark Side Nexus,

Yeah, that's pretty pitiful in comparison to the Dark Temple feat.

and rivalling Darth Sidious is at least on par with Valkorion's power feats.

Some sources depict otherwise, including the most recent one to my knowledge (Star Wars Ultimate). I'm also not even sure how Sidious as of RotS and Valkorion compare. And the rest of it definitely isn't "at least on par".

And Yoda's better in every other way, so I'm definitely lending him a majority.

Well, he doesn't have as much class.

#38 Posted by TheMuser (1854 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by DarthAnt66 (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova: lol, Karness Muur was stated by third-person omniscient sources (ie. more reliable than Drew) to be a power unlike anything Vader had ever seen before, including post-RotS Palpatine, but that doesn't mean the square root of jack sh!t.

Uh, you should actually read the posts you are responding to for a change, bud. I was agreeing with Wollf that the TOR people are intentionally trying to make Vitiate look more powerful than Palpatine - which is true. Your comment is so hilariously off-topic that it looks genuinely embarrassing.

#40 Posted by DarthAnt66 (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

@themuser said:

@darthant66: if Valkorian isn't Sith then what is he?

The emperor / former emperor of the Eternal Empire. :\ You don't need to be a Sith/Jedi to use the light/dark side. There are countless other factions / philosophies (i.e. Nightsisters, Order of Revan, etc.)

#41 Posted by ShootingNova (25691 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthant66: The point is that writing somebody to be "a force X character or the galaxy has never seen before" actually doesn't mean much since it's blatantly overused to hype characters who haven't had the time needed to build up feats.

By the way, where's the quote Drew made for this:

Drew agreed with the notion that Vitiate in the novel was a madder, more nihilistic, and more powerful version of Palpatine.

Please don't tell me you asked that question to him too lol

#42 Posted by DarthAnt66 (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova: The point is that writing somebody to be "a force X character or the galaxy has never seen before" actually doesn't mean much since it's blatantly overused to hype characters who haven't had the time needed to build up feats.

Given I never made the argument, cool. I disagree though.

Please don't tell me you asked that question to him too lol

Skillz did. He posted it on KMC. Ask him / find it, tbh.

#43 Posted by TheMuser (1854 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthant66: I see, I always thought he was proper Sith, you know, the fact that he lead the Sith Empire ect ect...

Avatar image for xsupremeskillzx
#44 Posted by XSUPREMESKILLZX (134 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by ShootingNova (25691 posts) - - Show Bio

You just admitted you were using that to say Drew wrote Vitiate to be more powerful than Palpatine. My point is that Muur received the same accolade from a canonical, third-person omniscient (and thus more reliable) source, but it's obvious the writer didn't intend for him to be more powerful than Palpatine, just different.

#46 Posted by reikai (7401 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give a proper response Monday since I can only use my phone atm and I'm at Youmacon (anime/manga convention). So I'll try and do a better job of explaining things in defense of Valkorian when I can do more than type a few autocorrected words.

#47 Posted by DarthAnt66 (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthant66 said:

You just admitted you were using that to say Drew wrote Vitiate to be more powerful than Palpatine. My point is that Muur received the same accolade from a canonical, third-person omniscient (and thus more reliable) source, but it's obvious the writer didn't intend for him to be more powerful than Palpatine, just different.

*facepalms* I was referring to an email he wrote - not whatever accolade you're thinking of. There's more to the email than just "a force X character or the galaxy has never seen before," lawl

#48 Posted by ShootingNova (25691 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthant66: That's not what you said before at all, but whatever.

#49 Posted by SolarPowered (1851 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't Valkorion one-shot Revan, Marr, and Arcann? He's pretty up there.

@shootingnova said:

I'm inclined to put Arcann above Dooku

Based on what, if you don't mind me asking?

#50 Posted by TheVivas (18995 posts) - - Show Bio

At this rate, SWTOR will create characters stronger than even The Ones.

Volkorian based on what I've read/heard.