Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars) vs Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrDestroyer187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MrDestroyer187

Who Wins in a battle to the death between these two DARK LORDS???

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
MrDestroyer187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MrDestroyer187

THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE vs THE DARK SIDE OF MAGIC... I have always wondered what would happen if these two met X )

JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JThree47693

Palpatine would destroy Voldemort
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheBatman586

Palpatine.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Could I get some feats for Voldemort before I cast judgment?

Asok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Asok
@JediXMan said:

" Could I get some feats for Voldemort before I cast judgment? "

Well, he can cast spells to accomplish almost any feat, including flight, pyrokenesis, really anything that Palpatine can, and since this is a battle to the death, Palpatine would have to go and destroy Voldemort's horcruxes, each of which contain parts of his soul, kind of like the ring in the LOTR.   Read more here.
Earthfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Earthfall

Voldemort. Avada Kedavra. /Thread

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Asok said:
" @JediXMan said:

Well, he can cast spells to accomplish almost any feat, including flight, pyrokenesis, really anything that Palpatine can, and since this is a battle to the death, Palpatine would have to go and destroy Voldemort's horcruxes, each of which contain parts of his soul, kind of like the ring in the LOTR.   Read more here. "
Just read through his powers lists.

Nothing really impresses me, honestly. Palpatine was capable of draining an entire planet slowly over time. His greatest feat is probably the ability to create wormholes in space, which he could use to pluck someone off one planet and move them to another or destroy entire fleets.

Also, I just read up on the Horcrux. If he can have that, I see no reason why Palpatine does not get his awaiting clone bodies.
Avatar image for tonystarkbuttherapper
Tonystarkbuttherapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort's legilimency probably won't work on Palpatine. He does have the killing curse plus he can transfigure almost anything he wants to block; enchant things to attack Palpatine create magical fyendfire that is one of the few things that can destroy a horcrux, he can also fly. Technically if palpatine destroyed Voldemorts body he wouldn't have killed him as he'd need to destroy Voldemorts seven horcruxes first, but I would count that as a win for Palpatine.

I don't really know much about the emperor but from what I've read here he should be able to beat Voldemort.

MrDestroyer187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrDestroyer187

If i remember correctly even Yoda could not defeat the Emperor as there fight was a stalemate in my eyes, oh and heres a quote from Star Wars Return of the Jedi, this is the words of Yoda himself... " LUKE... LUKE... DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWERS OF THE EMPEROR OR SUFFER YOUR FATHERS FATE YOU WILL "

Asok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Asok
@JediXMan said:
" @Asok said:
" @JediXMan said:

Well, he can cast spells to accomplish almost any feat, including flight, pyrokenesis, really anything that Palpatine can, and since this is a battle to the death, Palpatine would have to go and destroy Voldemort's horcruxes, each of which contain parts of his soul, kind of like the ring in the LOTR.   Read more here. "
Just read through his powers lists.  Nothing really impresses me, honestly. Palpatine was capable of draining an entire planet slowly over time. His greatest feat is probably the ability to create wormholes in space, which he could use to pluck someone off one planet and move them to another or destroy entire fleets.  Also, I just read up on the Horcrux. If he can have that, I see no reason why Palpatine does not get his awaiting clone bodies. "
If he has clones, they should be limited.  I don't think that Palpatine can really do anything to hurt Voldemort unless he gets close with his lightsaber, and that wouldn't happen.  Riddle can paralyze Palpatine or kill him with at thought.  If you want to know everything that he can do, here is a list of spells.   http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_spells  
I don't expect you to read all of it, but it would be good to skim through it.  
JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JThree47693
@Asok said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @Asok said:
" @JediXMan said:

Just read through his powers lists.  Nothing really impresses me, honestly. Palpatine was capable of draining an entire planet slowly over time. His greatest feat is probably the ability to create wormholes in space, which he could use to pluck someone off one planet and move them to another or destroy entire fleets.  Also, I just read up on the Horcrux. If he can have that, I see no reason why Palpatine does not get his awaiting clone bodies. "
If he has clones, they should be limited.  I don't think that Palpatine can really do anything to hurt Voldemort unless he gets close with his lightsaber, and that wouldn't happen.  Riddle can paralyze Palpatine or kill him with at thought.  If you want to know everything that he can do, here is a list of spells.   http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_spells  I don't expect you to read all of it, but it would be good to skim through it.   "

Force lightning, choke, push, storm and so many other ways the Emporer could get in Voldemorts @ss, this is a 1 sided battle.
allhaildoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By allhaildoom
 I could see the Palpatine winning this one
 I could see the Palpatine winning this one
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mattek

Voldemort. His Avada Kadavra spell would kill Palpatine instantly. 

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Asok: 

He does indeed have clones.

I read through his list of powers. Didn't read through the list of spells, but I feel that'd be redundant. It would be like me asking you to read through the list of Force powers (Palpatine is supposed to be a master of all of them - not sure if he knows about things like Fold Space, though. Fold Space, Flow Walking, etc. are very mysterious Force powers that don't originate with the Jedi or the Sith). 

You underestimate Palpatine's defenses. Jedi and Sith always have a field around themselves as a form of protection from mental assaults, TK, having their weapon destroyed with the Force, draining, etc. 

This is Palpatine:

No Caption Provided

The only reason he lost control is because Luke and Leia cut him off from the Force using the Sever Force ability. And that can only be done by a Force user. That ship is the Eclipse, which is the size of a fleet in its own right, with the power to destroy other capital ships in a single blast. 

Palpatine's body was destroyed. He entered another clone after that.
MrDestroyer187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MrDestroyer187

The Words of Palpatine:   " I CAN FEEL YOUR ANGER, IT GIVES YOU FOCUS, MAKES YOU STRONGER ". " ONLY THROUGH ME CAN YOU ACHIEVE A POWER GREATER THEN ANY JEDI ". " BECOME MY APPRENTICE LEARN TO USE THE DARKSIDE OF THE FORCE ". " A POWERFUL SITH YOU WILL BECOME "

No Caption Provided
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By ComicStooge

Me with a pistol could kill Voldemort.

Asok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Asok
@ComicStooge said:
" Me with a pistol could kill Voldemort. "
That is untrue. You would be dead before you pulled the trigger.   

@JediXMan:  Magic and the force are two completely different things.  If Voldemort said, Accio lightsaber, Palpatine's lightsaber would be pulled to Voldemort, although the force may be able to counter that.  I highly doubt that Palpatine has any defense against transfiguration.  If he was turned into, say, a newt, his mind would be a newt mind, and he wouldn't have the intelligence to inhabit a cloned body.   
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Silver2467
@Asok: Given that the Art of the Small is a Force power that allows for matter manipulation, Sidous may very well have a resistance against that. If you are suggesting that Voidemort could enter or in some way alter Sidious's mind, that has already been tried, and it ended horribly. Sidious is powerful telepathically. Add in Protection, Barrier, Dark Rage, etc. to further his protections. Besides, using Deadly Look, Sidious could kill him by simply looking at him. Sidious also destroyed Leia's lightsaber without lifting a finger, presumably by Force Combustion. There is also Sith magic, just so you know. He also has Telepathy, Empathy, Battle Meditation, Precognition, Farseeing, etc. There is also the matter of his Force Storm, which engulfed the entire surface of the planet Coruscant. Also, even if Voldemort killed him, Sidious knows Essence Transfer. He would survive as pure Force energy and could possess Voidemort. Overall, he just seems to have greater feats. I will say, however, that I am not too knowledgeable on Harry Potter; so I am basing this purely on what has been said thus far.    
theiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By theiconic

love Voldemort, infact hes my icon,  but palpatine would utterly decimate voldy.....palp would make him Darth Voldemoure  new type of darth....

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By warlock360
@Vallant said:
" Voldemort. Avada Kedavra. /Thread "
not sure if that would work since Sidious can use the force to resurrect himself.
theiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By theiconic
@Voidheart: agreed.......  beside  how could voldemort speak such  if hes  being force choked too.......but even before that ,the force will alert  palpatine of any danger  and his reaction time is  farrrrrrrrr  greater than voldemort.....darth sidious doesnt need a lightsaber to beat his opponent or enemy
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ComicStooge
@Asok:
If a farmer with a ghotgun can beat the best wizard, I can certainly do it.
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mattek

Voldemort doesn't need to say the spells to make them so. Check his fight with Dumbledore at the end of Order of the Pheonix. He was causing major damage to everything without saying a word. IMO Sideous doesn't stand a chance.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Asok said:
" @ComicStooge said:

@JediXMan:  Magic and the force are two completely different things.  If Voldemort said, Accio lightsaber, Palpatine's lightsaber would be pulled to Voldemort, although the force may be able to counter that.  I highly doubt that Palpatine has any defense against transfiguration.  If he was turned into, say, a newt, his mind would be a newt mind, and he wouldn't have the intelligence to inhabit a cloned body.    "
Actually, there's a technique called Sith Alchemy, which involves transfiguration. So I have no doubt that Palpatine has defenses against that.
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mattek
@JediXMan said:
" @Asok said:
" @ComicStooge said:

@JediXMan:  Magic and the force are two completely different things.  If Voldemort said, Accio lightsaber, Palpatine's lightsaber would be pulled to Voldemort, although the force may be able to counter that.  I highly doubt that Palpatine has any defense against transfiguration.  If he was turned into, say, a newt, his mind would be a newt mind, and he wouldn't have the intelligence to inhabit a cloned body.    "
Actually, there's a technique called Sith Alchemy, which involves transfiguration. So I have no doubt that Palpatine has defenses against that. "
Proof?
Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Video_Martian

Emperor Palpatine RULES ALL!!!!!!!!!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@mattek: 

Here ya go: Sith Alchemy.

Also, the use of spells are included in Sith Alchemy. It's a bit similar to magic (or at least more similar than the Force in general)
Asok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Asok
@JediXMan: But it is still part of the force, and doesn't run on the same wavelength as magic, like how a radio wave is still EM, but not the same as an EMP.   
@ComicStooge
said:

" @Asok: If a farmer with a ghotgun can beat the best wizard, I can certainly do it. "    
Ghotgun?
Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jk, Rowlling say once, a guy with a gun could kill any Harry Potterverse wizard, since Paplatine could kill any one that have a gun, Palpatine wins.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ComicStooge
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
"  Jk, Rowlling say once, a guy with a gun could kill any Harry Potterverse wizard, since Paplatine could kill any one that have a gun, Palpatine wins. "
And if I had a gun, I could kill Voldemort!
Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ComicStooge said:
" @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
"  Jk, Rowlling say once, a guy with a gun could kill any Harry Potterverse wizard, since Paplatine could kill any one that have a gun, Palpatine wins. "
And if I had a gun, I could kill Voldemort! "
Yea, the whole point is that the Pottervese wizards are pretty weak.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Asok said:

" @JediXMan: But it is still part of the force, and doesn't run on the same wavelength as magic, like how a radio wave is still EM, but not the same as an EMP.   
 "

Partially correct, partially incorrect. The Force does not work on vocal commands. Sith Alchemy isn't simply the Light or Dark side of the Force. It is a corrupt, twisted, dark art. It's referred to as Sith Magic. Darth Bane, I believed, used a spell from ancient texts (from Darth Andeddu) to transfer his soul. It works off of the Force, but it isn't the same thing. It's a lot more complicated. 

What I am saying is that Palpatine, a practitioner of Sith Alchemy and practically ever single Force form, might have defenses against magic.
MrDestroyer187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MrDestroyer187
@JediXMan: " INDEED YOU ARE POWERFUL AS THE EMPEROR HAS FORSEEN "

No Caption Provided

Asok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Asok
@JediXMan said:
" @Asok said:

" @JediXMan: But it is still part of the force, and doesn't run on the same wavelength as magic, like how a radio wave is still EM, but not the same as an EMP.   
 "

Partially correct, partially incorrect. The Force does not work on vocal commands. Sith Alchemy isn't simply the Light or Dark side of the Force. It is a corrupt, twisted, dark art. It's referred to as Sith Magic. Darth Bane, I believed, used a spell from ancient texts (from Darth Andeddu) to transfer his soul. It works off of the Force, but it isn't the same thing. It's a lot more complicated.   What I am saying is that Palpatine, a practitioner of Sith Alchemy and practically ever single Force form, might have defenses against magic. "
I don't understand how being nonverbal matters.  Voldemort has shown that he can do any spell, verbally or nonverbally.  And even if he does have a defense, which I doubt, there is no defense against the killing curse, (the only thing that can block it is Harry Potter because he was connected with Voldemort on a very high level) and Voldemort uses that a lot.  
Avatar image for amazingscrewonhead
AmazingScrewOnHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: It was a normal wizard vs a normal human with a gun, JK rowling has no concept of firearms at all, nor does she have any concept of wizards vs muggles, she is pretty silly to be honest and her books aren't very well written and have plotholes galore. A wizard vs a gunman wizard wins 9/10 he can just make a shield to protect himself or turn the gun into a water pistol, Voldermort is one of the most powerful wizards of all time so killing him with a gun is not going to happen. Palpatine would kill voldermort as we haven't seen much of his power, and already he is pretty unstoppable.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By ShootingNova

Battle forum rules aren't retroactive, meaning this is still DE Palpatine, and he therefore obliterates Voldemort before the latter could even see him, via any of dozens, if not hundreds, of methods.

@jedixman@saren Lock this, please.