Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Storm Calling

@BigTPotts said:

@Storm Calling: WHAT HAPPENED WHEN EMMA FROST MET STORM THE FIRST TIME EVER? WAS IT PSYCHIC ASSAULT? NO. IT WAS A PSYCHIC PROBE. JUST A SIMPLE MIND SCAN. SO MUCH FOR PSY BLOCKS

Why are you using everything capped? I can understand you quite clearly without all of that. And a psychic assault is not a psychic probe, and why would she be reading her mind as an attack?

Storm wins.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Storm Calling said:

@BigTPotts said:

@Storm Calling: WHAT HAPPENED WHEN EMMA FROST MET STORM THE FIRST TIME EVER? WAS IT PSYCHIC ASSAULT? NO. IT WAS A PSYCHIC PROBE. JUST A SIMPLE MIND SCAN. SO MUCH FOR PSY BLOCKS

Why are you using everything capped? I can understand you quite clearly without all of that. And a psychic assault is not a psychic probe, and why would she be reading her mind as an attack?

Storm wins.

He's talking of pre-body-switch, so all of his argument is irrelevant (No offense to him, it's just comic facts)

@Edamame said:

@BigTPotts said:

Caps Lock hurts my eyes. :(

What's most important is that you realize via his capslock that he ain't playin games up in hurr.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Storm Calling

@White Mage said:

He's talking of pre-body-switch, so all of his argument is irrelevant (No offense to him, it's just comic facts)

Very true.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Roddy010 said:

@BigTPotts said:

LMAO Storm stomps....

This....

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Skaddix

@BigTPotts said:

Right the first fight should count more then more recent fights, more recent fights in which Storm has beat the crap out of Emma every time.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#157  Edited By Stronger

Storm rapes.

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By kasya

Don't forget that ORORO can manipulate any element expect fire the air and water to help her Emma has weak spots in organic diamond form . So Storm win also it will be hard for Emma to get in Storm's mind with all that static surrounding it.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Illusions wouldn't work for those who were suggesting.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Storm

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

@emmagrace: Emma for sure . . . Storm probably can't affect Emma in crystal form and Emma could probably win easily through telepathy

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom said:

@emmagrace: Emma for sure . . . Storm probably can't affect Emma in crystal form and Emma could probably win easily through telepathy

Emma diamond form won't protect her. A very brief and localized F5 tornado had her on the run. Storm's resistance to telepathy will also make it a lot harder for emma to take her out. Emma won't win here.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#163  Edited By Roddy010

Why was this even bumped? Storm>>>>>>>Emma

richbeforeign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm wins no competition. I like Emma but her only offense would be a psi bolt and Storm has shown to even overcome those at times. Storm is HIGHLY immune to Telepathic and TK attacks. If you have three of the most powerful TP mutants trying to crack in your head and still couldn't with their very best effort, what does that say?? Storm is almost immune. Second, Storm uses strong molecular electronic barriers that blocks these attacks on top of her will power. It was states Storm's will power has never been matched. Also, Storm when she was a child, Shadow King (I think that's his name) Couldn't get into her mind then. And that shows even from a young age, she was some what highly resistant.

If they later confirmed her as immune to these attacks, I for one wouldn't be surprised. She has strong elemental powers and her connection to the universe as a three dimensional goddess is probably why Telepaths fear her. And it has been researched and said for years that electrical currents and energies can scramble Tp/Tk. I personally don't know if such abilities exist in real life but it has been said.

Emma stands no chance in this battle sadly. Their is not enough power she can exert as her main moveset is made up of mental control.

richbeforeign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#166  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@butterflykyss said:
@depinhom said:

Emma diamond form won't protect her. A very brief and localized F5 tornado had her on the run. Storm's resistance to telepathy will also make it a lot harder for emma to take her out. Emma won't win here.

Storm isn't hurting her in diamond form. Considering she isn't regular diamond and has feats ridiculously beyond the durability of a diamond, that's just a threat from Storm with no back up since she also doesn't know where Emma's shatter point is. And she left the room because Storm told her too...not that it would have hurt her anyway but just thrown her around.

With that said I agree Storm does win. Emma's only go to for a chance to win is telepathy but Storm's resistance is too high and her attacks are too versatile and fast where she can easily win via KO, incapacitation, BFR, whatever depending on if Emma is diamond form or not.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Emma

richbeforeign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Yea, sadly I don't see Emma even tieing and I like Emma too. Storm has way too much versatility here for Emma to compete. I don't think emma even stands a chance in diamond form. Storm can even harness energy powers from the stars so I wouldn't put it past Storm to use the extra added energy to empower her to break emma down. These are the same stars that Phoenix ate to gain immense powers here.

A lightening bolt infused with the energies of one star should break her down considering its power energy. As far as TP, She wont get in her head. Storm has resisted multiple TP attacks with Cerebra added and individuals from some powerful TP mutants. This alone shows that Emma will never break in... Emma's only hope here is to stay in diamond form and hope to get close for a Knock Out. Something I don't see happening with Storm's speed and her ability to fly.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 god_spawn  Moderator

@richbeforeign: She isn't breaking her down, period. Storm doesn't have that level of power. Harnessing energy from stars is something I've only seen her do when actually more in space. Regardless, in character Storm isn't going to come close to doing that.

Telepathy is her best bet since there are ways that it can be used to bypass defenses, Emma has done to Storm, Sebastian Shaw, Cyclops, Mr. Sinister etc. With that said, her typical form of attack is still a straight telepathic strike, so I don't see her resorting to other methods save for maybe a couple of chances but none to give her a majority or close to it.

richbeforeign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: LOL, I thought this was a battle. No rules or morals. I guess In character I can see Storm being easy and still winning over Emma. But bloodlusted, lets not even debate the many ways emma will get her ass handed to her. We haven't seen Storms full potential to make the judgement that she doesn't have that level of power. So that is pure speculation on your part and not a fact. The fact is she has used the stars to energize herself as well as perform great feats.

Emma isn't unbreakable. She does have a weak point when striked with the right amount of power, will break her. Whether Storm knows that weak point or not is another debate. But the point is that Emma will get her ass handed to her. We seen the same lightening strike pretty much neuter Colossus. The questions here is, can Emma withstand full force of Storm's lightening? Can Emma Break into Storm's mind? Can Emma withstand serious weather manipulating pressure? Storm could flash freeze her quick... Storm can fry her mind within seconds. Lets not get into the issue where she let a TP mutant into her mind so she could fry them. Telepathy is not her best bet here and you know that. Because at the end of the day Emma only got into Storm's mind was when Storm wasn't aware and of her presence which is pure PIS because Storm is well attuned to her environment, a surprise attack from Emma should never have happened.

But we are talking about two who are well aware of each others precense. So at this moment, surprise TP attacks will not do any justice for Emma. And Emma has never shown enough feats or power to even combat Storm in her weakest form... So Storm wins this without even trying. Jean would be a better debatable chance at this and even Storm has outshowned her.. Jean is much more powerful than Emma without the phoenix force.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@richbeforeign:

LOL, I thought this was a battle. No rules or morals. I guess In character I can see Storm being easy and still winning over Emma. But bloodlusted, lets not even debate the many ways emma will get her ass handed to her. We haven't seen Storms full potential to make the judgement that she doesn't have that level of power. So that is pure speculation on your part and not a fact. The fact is she has used the stars to energize herself as well as perform great feats.

That is using a no limits fallacy and we have seen her best shots having done nothing to bricks like Thor and Hulk. We have seen her best shots under normal circumstances and judging by what we have seen of them I'm positive she isn't breaking her. It took two blasts from the Dreaming Celestial and a probe of it under Sinister's control to even break her arm off. The same Celestial had a probe blast Colossus across San Francisco and ripped a massive hole in him in just one. The only other times she has shattered were with the diamond bullet, but that hit her weak point, and when she had PF and Thor hit her which sent her pieces into orbit, but that showing is arguable Emma was stopping his blows just fine in the fight and was toying with him most of the time. Emma has been blasted away for miles by Bishop, a possessed Cyclops, WWH slammed her into the ground because his blows weren't affecting her but throwing her around. She has been attacked by Storm herself, tanked Genosha collapsing on her etc. Emma is massively durable and she doesn't feel pain in diamond form either. Some of her durability feats put her up there with some of Marvel's bricks. Her cosmic star energy lightning bolts have been used on special occasions and near space. She isn't just gonna F5 Emma into the atmosphere and do that or solar wind bomb her like she did the Surfer. It's out of character against an ally and impractical for the fight.

Emma isn't unbreakable. She does have a weak point when striked with the right amount of power, will break her. Whether Storm knows that weak point or not is another debate.

But nothing suggests she knows it so unless a lucky strike and a pinpoint one at that happens, it isn't working.

But the point is that Emma will get her ass handed to her. We seen the same lightening strike pretty much neuter Colossus.

Colossus has also tanked Storm's lightning to the point that is was a sustained blast melting the ground around him. He is also metal and that has a higher conductivity than diamond and on top of that it's arguable who is even more durable since Emma is either shattered or not knocked unconscious. Colossus has been ripped into and damaged easier than Emma has, but that depends on how you take his showings.

Let's answer your questions then:

The questions here is, can Emma withstand full force of Storm's lightening?

Yes. Hulk no sold it combined with the Human Torch's blast. Her best efforts did nothing to Thor. Colossus has tanked powerful bolts from her. Her lightning couldn't even effect the weakened Magneto and she had to fly up and punch him in the face. Black Panther with some prep insulated his suit enough to the point he was immune to lightning to a significant degree. Her lightning isn't fullproof by any means, and her fullpowered blast didn't graze characters with durability that Emma is close to.

Can Emma Break into Storm's mind?

Given time, possible. The only problem is I have said that time isn't on Emma's side, I have stated this already a couple times.

Can Emma withstand serious weather manipulating pressure?

Again, probably.

Storm could flash freeze her quick... Storm can fry her mind within seconds.

True. I'm not arguing this.

Because at the end of the day Emma only got into Storm's mind was when Storm wasn't aware and of her presence which is pure PIS because Storm is well attuned to her environment, a surprise attack from Emma should never have happened.

I get it, Storm is supposed to sense electromagnetic auras of people and know where they are and all that jazz, but let's not pretend that makes her unable to be hit or caught by surprise. Emma bypassed her natural defenses with a psibolt and if her defenses were already so high it shouldn't have happened, right? But psi-bolts from Jean and Psylocke have bypassed the defense of the Juggernaut before. Jean bypassed Emma's diamond form before despite being near immune to anyone's telepathy save for people Xavier level and above. Xavier said he couldn't straight up telepathically hurt Mystique but there are ways he could have using his telepathy in different forms.

Emma bypassed Sebastian Shaw's natural defenses with an illusion. She has broken through Wolverine's telepathic defenses plus shields implanted in him by Xavier. She found her way around and cancelled the telepathy of Sinister's hive mind despite affecting Cyclops, Storm herself, Colossus, Magik, Namor etc and those guys all had help from X-Club's resident eggheads to help shield their minds, mind you she was also bleeding out with Namor holding her arm closed. She separated the Void and Robert Reynold's psyche twice and even implanted a room in their mind to protect him.She was able to use psychic surgery a Fury into believing it did its mission and won. She was breaking down Tony Stark and SHIELD's psychic barriers given some time before Tony stopped her with some psi blocking nanites. She shut off Teenage Jean Grey's access to her power when her telepathy was just fixed. There are ways around psychic defenses. She used a psi-bolt to fling Kitty Pryde on a physical level away like it was telekinesis, but Emma doesn't have known uses of TK aside from one showing that suggest she has it in latent form, not that she has ever used it.

And back to the point of not being hit or being hit, she's been hit by Spider-Man, Black Panther, Magneto, Cyclops, Wolverine, she couldn't tell she was getting blitzed by Northstar until Cyclops yelled at her to get down and he hit him for her, hit by Emma, and others. Storm has a lot of powers, things that happen one off or here does not establish a continuous or usable mass of her abilities. Consistency isn't in favor of a character all the time. She has a very versatile powerset so you can't blame writers for missing things one writer may try to establish all the time. With that said those kinds of feats do get blown up and overused but that doesn't mean we should just focus on those feats.

Storm was shown she can be effected by telepathy (to a degree) and it can hurt her, but it has been shown that her resistance is high enough that she is capable of attacking Emma before it comes close to happening. All I'm saying is that A) I don't think she can hurt Emma in diamond form, let alone break her. 2) There are ways around psychic defenses. Storm is not completely immune, just insanely resistant. That is what is saving her here. She doesn't need to worry about Emma's diamond form since Emma has no way to get to her. But I don't find it ridiculous if Emma wins one. Anything more than two is pushing it.

richbeforeign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By richbeforeign

@god_spawn said:

@richbeforeign:

LOL, I thought this was a battle. No rules or morals. I guess In character I can see Storm being easy and still winning over Emma. But bloodlusted, lets not even debate the many ways emma will get her ass handed to her. We haven't seen Storms full potential to make the judgement that she doesn't have that level of power. So that is pure speculation on your part and not a fact. The fact is she has used the stars to energize herself as well as perform great feats.

That is using a no limits fallacy and we have seen her best shots having done nothing to bricks like Thor and Hulk. We have seen her best shots under normal circumstances and judging by what we have seen of them I'm positive she isn't breaking her. It took two blasts from the Dreaming Celestial and a probe of it under Sinister's control to even break her arm off. The same Celestial had a probe blast Colossus across San Francisco and ripped a massive hole in him in just one. The only other times she has shattered were with the diamond bullet, but that hit her weak point, and when she had PF and Thor hit her which sent her pieces into orbit, but that showing is arguable Emma was stopping his blows just fine in the fight and was toying with him most of the time. Emma has been blasted away for miles by Bishop, a possessed Cyclops, WWH slammed her into the ground because his blows weren't affecting her but throwing her around. She has been attacked by Storm herself, tanked Genosha collapsing on her etc. Emma is massively durable and she doesn't feel pain in diamond form either. Some of her durability feats put her up there with some of Marvel's bricks. Her cosmic star energy lightning bolts have been used on special occasions and near space. She isn't just gonna F5 Emma into the atmosphere and do that or solar wind bomb her like she did the Surfer. It's out of character against an ally and impractical for the fight.

You haven't seen Storm in her best shot to Thor or Hulk. You have seen her written to look like the underdogs to those characters. Their is a difference. Emma fans should also understand this more then anyone. Out of character moves has nothing to do with a fight to do death. How is it out of character of she has done it under her own will to illustrate her powers. And because it was done, it is a factor in this battle period. but I agree with the other things you said about her durability.

Emma isn't unbreakable. She does have a weak point when striked with the right amount of power, will break her. Whether Storm knows that weak point or not is another debate.

But nothing suggests she knows it so unless a lucky strike and a pinpoint one at that happens, it isn't working.

Again, speculation. Nothing suggests otherwise either. But Ill also give you this one.

But the point is that Emma will get her ass handed to her. We seen the same lightening strike pretty much neuter Colossus.

Colossus has also tanked Storm's lightning to the point that is was a sustained blast melting the ground around him. He is also metal and that has a higher conductivity than diamond and on top of that it's arguable who is even more durable since Emma is either shattered or not knocked unconscious. Colossus has been ripped into and damaged easier than Emma has, but that depends on how you take his showings.

Again this goes for a debatable topic because we have seen our favorite X-men's written in good and bad light. Same goes for Emma and Storm. The fact is in a debatable versus battle. We will use all of the best lights for our characters. Same here, Storm has tanked Colossus with Lightening as well. So we can go back and forth but at the end of the day, Storm has tanked Colossus which was a mutant who shouldn't feel any pain. So this is also debatable if Emma will feel the effects of Storm's onslaught. You can't say for sure, she wont feel the pain.

Let's answer your questions then:

The questions here is, can Emma withstand full force of Storm's lightening?

Yes. Hulk no sold it combined with the Human Torch's blast. Her best efforts did nothing to Thor. Colossus has tanked powerful bolts from her. Her lightning couldn't even effect the weakened Magneto and she had to fly up and punch him in the face. Black Panther with some prep insulated his suit enough to the point he was immune to lightning to a significant degree. Her lightning isn't fullproof by any means, and her fullpowered blast didn't graze characters with durability that Emma is close to.

Again, your speculating. Comparing Emma to that of Thor and Hulk is preposterous. Lol it wouldn't shock me about Magneto, the best x-men was ALWAYS written down in his presence, So that doesn't surprise me one bit. Same Magneto who was said to be more powerful then Storm but was feeling the after effect of Storms abilities when she was attacking legion... Storm controls lightening to an atomic degree. We have seen the same lightening when written in good lighting, effect and hurt Rogue, Blob, Adaptoid with RD Hulk, Colossus, Silver Surfer, and Stardust. Her Lightening also has tanked many others or at least effected them to a degree. Her not being able to hurt Thor is PIS, not because I like Storm but she literally is the forces of Mother Nature, Her abilities to even hurt phoenix and strain her tk bubble, but not hurt Thor which is no where on Phoenix's level.... IDk

So to say if emma can withstand such power is just speculation. We can argue, it depends on what lightening Storm is written in. Emma should feel the effects especially based on the energies Storm is capable of tapping into to enforce such power.

Can Emma Break into Storm's mind?

Given time, possible. The only problem is I have said that time isn't on Emma's side, I have stated this already a couple times.

Again, very arguable here because I don't see Emma breaking in even if she had ample time to do so. Xavier Is a much more powerful telepath on his own and couldn't do it. Nor could Jean, Psylocke, Oracle, Shadow King, etc could break in. If three of the most powerful TP mutants couldn't break into her mind. How would emma even stand a needle of a chance.....

Plus, its no where in Emma's best interest to even attempt to do so. If Storm lets her in her mind, its only because she is gonna fry the hell out of her as the consequence. I don't see emma withstanding that or even attempting such without the after effects to hurt her.

Can Emma withstand serious weather manipulating pressure?

Again, probably.

I don't see Emma withstanding the powerful winds and etc Storm controls. I don't see her even holding ground to the very winds storm used to travel a huge ass plane with serious power and speed. Emma will not hold against that, Emma also will have a hard ass time holding to huge floods, tsunami's, etc...

I am not sure if Emma can drown when in diamond form, if so then she can die via Storms' weather manipulations or her pressure manipulations...

Storm could flash freeze her quick... Storm can fry her mind within seconds.

True. I'm not arguing this.

Because at the end of the day Emma only got into Storm's mind was when Storm wasn't aware and of her presence which is pure PIS because Storm is well attuned to her environment, a surprise attack from Emma should never have happened.

I get it, Storm is supposed to sense electromagnetic auras of people and know where they are and all that jazz, but let's not pretend that makes her unable to be hit or caught by surprise. Emma bypassed her natural defenses with a psibolt and if her defenses were already so high it shouldn't have happened, right? But psi-bolts from Jean and Psylocke have bypassed the defense of the Juggernaut before. Jean bypassed Emma's diamond form before despite being near immune to anyone's telepathy save for people Xavier level and above. Xavier said he couldn't straight up telepathically hurt Mystique but there are ways he could have using his telepathy in different forms.

This goes back to logical good and bad writing. Storm has sensed many enemies, including telepaths who were stronger than emma so again, can we all say PIS! Lol, Pure BS that emma could sneak up on her. But no matter what form of TP is used, Storm is near-immune to it. Her willpower has never been matched says Xavier, which makes sense as to why its almost impossible to break into her mind. And again, Emma should not attempt this unless she wants her brain fried like a sausage.

Emma bypassed Sebastian Shaw's natural defenses with an illusion. She has broken through Wolverine's telepathic defenses plus shields implanted in him by Xavier. She found her way around and cancelled the telepathy of Sinister's hive mind despite affecting Cyclops, Storm herself, Colossus, Magik, Namor etc and those guys all had help from X-Club's resident eggheads to help shield their minds, mind you she was also bleeding out with Namor holding her arm closed. She separated the Void and Robert Reynold's psyche twice and even implanted a room in their mind to protect him.She was able to use psychic surgery a Fury into believing it did its mission and won. She was breaking down Tony Stark and SHIELD's psychic barriers given some time before Tony stopped her with some psi blocking nanites. She shut off Teenage Jean Grey's access to her power when her telepathy was just fixed. There are ways around psychic defenses. She used a psi-bolt to fling Kitty Pryde on a physical level away like it was telekinesis, but Emma doesn't have known uses of TK aside from one showing that suggest she has it in latent form, not that she has ever used it.

Even if she uses these forms of TP, she needs some connection to their minds in order to render the effects. I don't see her getting into Storm's minds, especially how advanced Storm is now. Even with her full potential efforts, it will be next to impossible. Storm has fought off way more powerful TP's without even trying. As a child, Shadow King looked like a fool trying to get into her mind. Shadow King is one hell of a TP, again, you think Emma even stands a needle of a chance doing this to Storm.. Not likely.

And back to the point of not being hit or being hit, she's been hit by Spider-Man, Black Panther, Magneto, Cyclops, Wolverine, she couldn't tell she was getting blitzed by Northstar until Cyclops yelled at her to get down and he hit him for her, hit by Emma, and others. Storm has a lot of powers, things that happen one off or here does not establish a continuous or usable mass of her abilities. Consistency isn't in favor of a character all the time. She has a very versatile powerset so you can't blame writers for missing things one writer may try to establish all the time. With that said those kinds of feats do get blown up and overused but that doesn't mean we should just focus on those feats.

We will focus on every feat that is accomplished because it is written in canon and also, shows the possibility of those powers. If you talking about advancements then yes..But nothing about Storm to my knowledge is blown up or even Emma for that fact. Emma is strong and one of my Fav TP.. I even like her more than Jean. And I love Jean. But at the end of the day, it boils down to power, strength, battle tactics, and etc. Storm wins this by far. She has tanked big dogs just because she is very smart and street wit with her battles..

Storm was shown she can be effected by telepathy (to a degree) and it can hurt her, but it has been shown that her resistance is high enough that she is capable of attacking Emma before it comes close to happening. All I'm saying is that A) I don't think she can hurt Emma in diamond form, let alone break her. 2) There are ways around psychic defenses. Storm is not completely immune, just insanely resistant. That is what is saving her here. She doesn't need to worry about Emma's diamond form since Emma has no way to get to her. But I don't find it ridiculous if Emma wins one. Anything more than two is pushing it.

I agree that such events did happen but their was a reason. As being caught off guard which is BS because she is so attuned to her environment, she should have seen Emma coming. And 2., Storm can be near immune from being detected from TP's as well. If Storm chooses to turn her visible appearance invisible, their is nothing Emma could do as she cant detect her. I am not trying to put Emma down but when it comes to Storm, Emma has a needle of a chance here. Meaning she has a possibility but it is highly unlikely of her winning. Storm has been the only non TP mutant I know that can combat TP/TK mutants like that. Her will power is much stronger than any mutant that includes Jean grey and magneto. Emma is out of her playing field here.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 god_spawn  Moderator

@richbeforeign:

You haven't seen Storm in her best shot to Thor or Hulk. You have seen her written to look like the underdogs to those characters. Their is a difference. Emma fans should also understand this more then anyone. Out of character moves has nothing to do with a fight to do death. How is it out of character of she has done it under her own will to illustrate her powers. And because it was done, it is a factor in this battle period. but I agree with the other things you said about her durability.

We have seen Storm give her best shots to Hulk and Thor and it did nothing. And the fight can be to the death but still in character. It doesn't automatically make the fight a no morals one. The characters may struggle to do it but in the end it will happen one way or another. And I'm not comparing Emma to them. I am saying that her durability is absolutely ridiculous and has granted her some insane durability feats that can come close to some of Marvel's bricks.

Again this goes for a debatable topic because we have seen our favorite X-men's written in good and bad light. Same goes for Emma and Storm. The fact is in a debatable versus battle. We will use all of the best lights for our characters. Same here, Storm has tanked Colossus with Lightening as well. So we can go back and forth but at the end of the day, Storm has tanked Colossus which was a mutant who shouldn't feel any pain. So this is also debatable if Emma will feel the effects of Storm's onslaught. You can't say for sure, she wont feel the pain.

Colossus has never been said to be unable to feel pain in his steel form, at least that I have ever seen. Regardless, he has been shown to feel pain numerous times in his steel form while it has been mentioned and shown numerous times for Emma that she numbs herself in diamond form and when her diamond was hurt. I can say for sure she won't.

I don't see Emma withstanding the powerful winds and etc Storm controls. I don't see her even holding ground to the very winds storm used to travel a huge ass plane with serious power and speed. Emma will not hold against that, Emma also will have a hard ass time holding to huge floods, tsunami's, etc...

I am not sure if Emma can drown when in diamond form, if so then she can die via Storms' weather manipulations or her pressure manipulations...

I'm not denying this. In my first post earlier I said that Storm is capable of whipping her around. Emma has like a 2 ton strength cap in diamond form so she has no real way to defy it. And Emma doesn't need to eat, drink, sleep or whatever in diamond form and doesn't get tired either. So Storm can flood her or fill her with water in that form, she will just be a diamond person at the bottom of an ocean.

This goes back to logical good and bad writing. Storm has sensed many enemies, including telepaths who were stronger than emma so again, can we all say PIS! Lol, Pure BS that emma could sneak up on her. But no matter what form of TP is used, Storm is near-immune to it. Her willpower has never been matched says Xavier, which makes sense as to why its almost impossible to break into her mind. And again, Emma should not attempt this unless she wants her brain fried like a sausage.

You are completely missing my point on this.

Even if she uses these forms of TP, she needs some connection to their minds in order to render the effects. I don't see her getting into Storm's minds, especially how advanced Storm is now. Even with her full potential efforts, it will be next to impossible. Storm has fought off way more powerful TP's without even trying. As a child, Shadow King looked like a fool trying to get into her mind. Shadow King is one hell of a TP, again, you think Emma even stands a needle of a chance doing this to Storm.. Not likely.

And Emma can and has connected to Storm's mind. She did it with the psi-bolt. She did it in the scans posted earlier, but it wasn't enough at all.

Again, your speculating. Comparing Emma to that of Thor and Hulk is preposterous. Lol it wouldn't shock me about Magneto, the best x-men was ALWAYS written down in his presence, So that doesn't surprise me one bit. Same Magneto who was said to be more powerful then Storm but was feeling the after effect of Storms abilities when she was attacking legion... Storm controls lightening to an atomic degree. We have seen the same lightening when written in good lighting, effect and hurt Rogue, Blob, Adaptoid with RD Hulk, Colossus, Silver Surfer, and Stardust. Her Lightening also has tanked many others or at least effected them to a degree. Her not being able to hurt Thor is PIS, not because I like Storm but she literally is the forces of Mother Nature, Her abilities to even hurt phoenix and strain her tk bubble, but not hurt Thor which is no where on Phoenix's level.... IDk

Rogue isn't impressive. Blob isn't impressive. Adaptoid, eh, can be. Colossus also tanked her lightning. Silver Surfer has been completely unharmed by her attacks before, and the Stardust instance, along with one of the Surfer's, was the same exact writer who had Black Panther trap the Silver Surfer in an arm bar and had to later retcon it into Surfer faking because he needed information due to the fan backlash IIRC. So if anything I find those completely questionable considering those characters can casually take attacks far beyond anything Storm has shown. So I say those are the PIS, not being able to harm the Hulk or Thor seems more logical to me.

I agree that such events did happen but their was a reason. As being caught off guard which is BS because she is so attuned to her environment, she should have seen Emma coming. And 2., Storm can be near immune from being detected from TP's as well. If Storm chooses to turn her visible appearance invisible, their is nothing Emma could do as she cant detect her. I am not trying to put Emma down but when it comes to Storm, Emma has a needle of a chance here. Meaning she has a possibility but it is highly unlikely of her winning. Storm has been the only non TP mutant I know that can combat TP/TK mutants like that. Her will power is much stronger than any mutant that includes Jean grey and magneto. Emma is out of her playing field here.

Again, you are playing on a feat that is thrown here and there but completely overblown in thinking Storm is untouchable or just always so on guard that is impossible to hit her or attack her, which isn't true at all. And she isn't completely undetectable, she is highly resistant, those are two different things. Just because Emma can't just barge into her brain doesn't change the fact that she isn't detectable or can't be found.

richbeforeign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richbeforeign:

We have seen Storm give her best shots to Hulk and Thor and it did nothing. And the fight can be to the death but still in character. It doesn't automatically make the fight a no morals one. The characters may struggle to do it but in the end it will happen one way or another. And I'm not comparing Emma to them. I am saying that her durability is absolutely ridiculous and has granted her some insane durability feats that can come close to some of Marvel's bricks.

I agree that Emma has insane durability. So I do see Storm having some issues breaking her down if possible at all.

Colossus has never been said to be unable to feel pain in his steel form, at least that I have ever seen. Regardless, he has been shown to feel pain numerous times in his steel form while it has been mentioned and shown numerous times for Emma that she numbs herself in diamond form and when her diamond was hurt. I can say for sure she won't.

It was stated he was near immune to pain but I guess it depends on the writer. I wasn't aware that she numbs herself from feeling pain. But it does depend on who can offer the power to over power her nerves so she can feel pain. That is it, they never said she was immune to pain from what I recollect but she has a stronger pain tolerance. So that is debatable. The question is if Storm can muster the power to break down emma. This is debatable because Storm has abilities to withdraw serious amounts of energy. She also can easily summon raw primitive energy with no strain. Storm has tapped into energy fields that contains near infinite energy and sources to strengthen her abilities. Such as summoning powers from the galactic core.

Storm managed to save the small nation of Santo Marco by shielding the entire village from a tsunami. This tsunami weighed 1 million tons and stood 100 feet high. Since typical tsunamis can travel at speeds around (atleast) 500 mph this means Storms winds countered 500 million newtons of force, which far exceeds the force of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima.

Storm is placed in a strenuous position when she had to carry 50 tons across the United States at 390mph.(In a little under 5 hours) She did this all while battling against the Eaglestar assassins sent out to kill her and the passengers aboard.

Also the instance with Storm and Bishop, The impact force of Storm's lightning strikes Bishop hard enough to knock him into a vehicle (obviously weighing tons), and the impact force is great enough to send both him and the vehicle through a wall and into the back of a building.

So again, we will have to debate its possible for her power to break emma. Just not as easy as I thought it would be. She can clearly cause forces with severe amount of velocity and weight. The question is when she taps into those raw near infinite energy, can she harness enough power to break emma. Its possible.

I'm not denying this. In my first post earlier I said that Storm is capable of whipping her around. Emma has like a 2 ton strength cap in diamond form so she has no real way to defy it. And Emma doesn't need to eat, drink, sleep or whatever in diamond form and doesn't get tired either. So Storm can flood her or fill her with water in that form, she will just be a diamond person at the bottom of an ocean.

Lol, thanks for informing me on her abilities as diamond form. I wasn't fully aware. But I see Storm using her as a rag doll. Throwing her ass all over the place.

You are completely missing my point on this.

And Emma can and has connected to Storm's mind. She did it with the psi-bolt. She did it in the scans posted earlier, but it wasn't enough at all.

Again, pure PIS, stronger telepaths couldn't crack her.... Emma shouldn't be able to do it period. I guess they were trying to make her look strong... But overall I still don't see her getting in. even with a psi-bolt.

Rogue isn't impressive. Blob isn't impressive. Adaptoid, eh, can be. Colossus also tanked her lightning. Silver Surfer has been completely unharmed by her attacks before, and the Stardust instance, along with one of the Surfer's, was the same exact writer who had Black Panther trap the Silver Surfer in an arm bar and had to later retcon it into Surfer faking because he needed information due to the fan backlash IIRC. So if anything I find those completely questionable considering those characters can casually take attacks far beyond anything Storm has shown. So I say those are the PIS, not being able to harm the Hulk or Thor seems more logical to me.

I'm gonna have to look at what lighting both Rogue and blob was in to see how impressive it was. I kinda forgot lol. Colossus has but so has he felt her wrath before with lightening. Silver Surfer felt her pain so has Stardust. Yea, I see your point but the fact is that Storm has been able to call on superior energy funnels to strengthen her attacks. So the question is that, how much power did storm harness to harm the silver surfer. I don't see it as PIS when it came to Storm because her Lightning has tanked many and hurt a lot of foes that were said to be stronger than her.

Thor I can see being immune but Storm is also immune. I think Storm can tank them tho with solar sun as well as energies from the stars. She can tank them.

Again, you are playing on a feat that is thrown here and there but completely overblown in thinking Storm is untouchable or just always so on guard that is impossible to hit her or attack her, which isn't true at all. And she isn't completely undetectable, she is highly resistant, those are two different things. Just because Emma can't just barge into her brain doesn't change the fact that she isn't detectable or can't be found.

Your completely misunderstanding what I am saying. Its not overblown if it was stated too many times in canons and writing by writers. That's fact. I never stated Storm was untouchable. That is never the case, I just don't see emma winning. She can be undetectable when she wants to be. The fact is that emma can sense being around her by reading their minds from what I have researched. So if she cant read storm's mind or detect it, how will she detect storm. When I said Storm should have known emma was their is because she has sensed many enemies even before a strike could be made or under huge distractions, she sensed enemies, emma should be no different. She feels energy changes, power shifts, and feel electricons as well. When any of the three happen in the atmosphere, she can then be aware, someone is coming. So their is no way emma should have snuck up on her. Something like nightcrawler teleporting would be harder for her to sense. Movements are too fast, so she will feel a change but its more like, "hmm is something their" kind of feeling.

OkPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um I think this other time when emma lost her powers but was slowly regaining them she gave Storm some hella bad headache

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By AbelHsu

What's stopping Frost from outright TPing her ?

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

Emma’s Diamond form has been given more speed, strength, and durability recently in the comics. She has now shown the ability to react to very quick moving objects, punch much harder, and just be overall more durable

Some high end feats:

Black bolt running at Emma and her punching threw him with her arm (Black Bolt has superspeed and super durability)

-Magneto threw a knife at her head without any warning, and It was out of Emma’s view but she was able to instantly transform into her diamond form and the knife was thrown at her so hard it shattered but Emma was unfazed

-This feat is a little old but she has also tanked hits from world war hulk, and since hulk never explained why he had to trap her in the ground it can be assumed that he couldn’t/didn’t feel like breaking her

-She also got her arm cut off by a celestial beam, and this feat is also very good because the same beam sent colossus miles and miles away

-Emma also punched black bolt so hard in the throat in her diamond form that his throat was damaged for the entire story arc (and the story arc took place over a while) and it should be noted that black bolt also has super durability.

Personally I think Emma’s feats in her diamond form are much better than they were when this thread was made. And I believe that this battle will be a stalemate due to storm not having the feats to destroy her diamond form. And Emma being unable to reach storm due to wind and storm flying around

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless Storm decides to destroy the city, Emma’s best bet would be to go diamond form and run for cover. Once she is in sufficient cover enough that she won’t be blown away and pinned, out of view, she can start working on Storms mind.

I won’t go into How Storm has been jobbing when it comes to psychic invasion, but I will bring out the fact that Emma and the Cuckoos sent a psychic message across the world, a message that Storm saw in her head.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/0nZwylwwgomDxrfFLavUPostibcAxGR9WUPnDv39OEg_l_Jfw8YEewfIO-04mA6ul3nt1q38VvM=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/GWDilnXfWUizNBb3bJPBuPnXWx2u6nuGqPdIgvsLfY8jCUHS-HVAd2aMLi61yoWcRK6Z-UM_tXc=s1600

So, we know Emma can get into Storms head casually, but what if Storm resists. Surely Storm would be capable of telling the differences between reality and illusions from unwanted telepathic invasion, right? Well, Death of X has her displaying the illusion to everyone there, including Storm.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/8_sR_nDzdElWW5lGsFvr1SiDmLnbVeLhn7JX3-HPsYiIOclOOvi-FtD3EuFGJD75atQQ0s9oepJJ=s1600

There is also an implication that Emma mindraped a group of X-Men that composed of Rogue, Nightcrawler, X-23, Storm, and Gambit. Though we only see Emma imitating the X-Men and we are unsure if she really did mindraped them or not, but the signs point to it:

1) Her telepathy in the comic shows invisible telepathy, so when Emma uses her powers, we don’t see it. We just have to judge from whether the actions say she is using telepathy or not.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SDfspu0b1n0/W9pLd4e3xII/AAAAAAAACn4/qzOsM4sFZWoCkc-IsuAoiR8CtzxRoYxqwCHMYCw/s1600/RCO009.jpg

2) Rogue was stand-offish in the comic. I’d bargain that if Rogue was, Storm most likely would be as well as the rest of the X-Men. At this point in time, Emma Frost is mistrusted by the X-Men. So for Rogue to do a 180 and join up with Emma is unusual. Also, here is where we see a glimpse at the team, which Storm so happens to be apart of here.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iDHKMNFtKG4/W9pLX2Bve3I/AAAAAAAACnk/xJepL3ANOco3LTpdKmvYiudPcrT1xD-SgCHMYCw/s1600/RCO004.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DyU-Rml97sQ/W9pLZ7YB1gI/AAAAAAAACno/DR9bCuVuZJEmMsmFO4UhPgTAlr_JFV1CgCHMYCw/s1600/RCO005.jpg

3) Finally, the biggest evidence is Emma’s actions as they discuss. Emma is standing alone, mimicking Rogue and Nightcrawlers accents in mocking conversation with herself in what the X-Men could possibly be saying. Now, it isn’t uncharacteristic for Emma to mock the X-Men, but she doesn’t do in the same fashion that Bobby and Kitty did back then. Emma’s style is more tell it to your face if she has something to say about you and there is no reason she wouldn’t do it now, even if she were asking help. So, I believe in this scan, she is persuading the X-Men to thinking it is a good idea to help Emma. The signs from this comic point in that very direction.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XURVaCrpGKg/W9pLa_eWfpI/AAAAAAAACns/SSIu88rupXQBVtjlYMMWJFxJNZonmbj-wCHMYCw/s1600/RCO006.jpg

But you all can judge for yourselves what was really happening in those scans.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

every instance with the exception of one encounter ororo has always beaten emma. othis is even with emma trying to mind wipe ororo. ororo wins

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time they fight 1 on 1 Storm has come on top since her tp defenses where made, Emma doesn't have plot and or the element of surprise in this scenario. If Emma goes into diamond form she gets bfr'd, if she doesn't at worst Storm is on the ground in pain with Emma kod, she has shrugged off attacks with pure will and has almost negated more powerful tp with a lightning field and some distance.

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

either way

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Mister_Surreal

Whoever can attack faster wins it. Storm can fry Emma but Emma can TP.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simply put. Storm has a faster reaction time then Emma.

Fight starts she sees Emma and sends her flying. Emma goes diamond reflexively, but Storm just keeps pressure on.

We've seen way more then a few times to indicate that if Emma wanted to shed get past Storms defense. But Storm is just too familiar with her.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Storm

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma Frost.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Koays

@koays said:

Simply put. Storm has a faster reaction time then Emma.

Fight starts she sees Emma and sends her flying. Emma goes diamond reflexively, but Storm just keeps pressure on.

We've seen way more then a few times to indicate that if Emma wanted to shed get past Storms defense. But Storm is just too familiar with her.

Scratch that new info says... Emma stomps

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was already decided and Storm wins

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waitomegastorm: Emma was possessed when they fought. An the conclusion of that story had Emma learning pathways into Storms mind which invalidates it.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Emma will only get something with Storm if she allows it, otherwise if she tries something even if it is a surprise attack (something that has already happened), Storm gets angry and Throws her into a F5 Tornado with thousands of lightning bolts hitting her, while Storm watches sitting. possessed or not, until Emma can enter the storm mind, catastrophes will already have happened.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm for the Win.

Emma is a nasty person when it comes to TP. And as a matter of fact able to put Storm down if caught off guard. However, Storm hates..I mean hates when people invade her mind uninvited. Storm tends to lash out in a fit of rage when things like this happen.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm wins only by BFR

Otherwise, Emma is smart, she knows she can't get past Storm's (consistent TP) defenses so she will go diamond, and Storm (despite her threat) can't hurt Emma in diamond (when using Emma's consistent diamond form durability feat barring outliers)

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By butterflykyss

@emmafrostxmen: why is bfr the only way? she threatened to break her diamond form by throwing a steel beam at her with her hurricane winds.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@butterflykyss: I KNOW THAT. I even mentioned that, it was a “threat” Storm can’t harm Emma’s diamond form in a million years.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: despite many misconceptions Emma tanked a celestial blast (and was only damaged after the second attack), she tanked hits from WWH, and she survived the destruction of Genosha without a single scratch (she was found under a building), those feats are really all she needs to prevent Storm from harming her

Storms threat was just a threat, she can’t break Emma using Emma’s consistent durability feats.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: what are her durability feats? just curious.

Tanked WWH's hits (he broke Colossus' arms in the same fight), Tanked the destruction of Genosha, Tanked a shot from a Celestial (One shot from the same Celestial put a hole through Colossus) , And then only lost an arm when 3 more shot at her.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: like I said Storm can only win via BFR