• 163 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Elijah Michelson vs Wolverine (68 votes)

Elijah Michelson 50%
Wolverine 50%

Cinematic Elijah Michelson

VS.

Comic Wolverine

• 
Abyssdarkfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elijah is leagues faster. Wolverine body may be more durable but Elijah can't be killed. Elijah Throws Logan into the ocean.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace:

Elijah can't be beheaded or disemboweled. None of the Originals can.

ProbablyASphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know nothing of Elijah, but Google says the following. Spoilers (duh)

Can the originals be killed?

The Salvatores attack Elijah and succeed in staking him; however, he comes back to life at the end of the episode because he is an Original Vampire who can not be killed by any wooden stake. Only wood from the ancient White Oak Tree, that his family burned when they became vampires, can kill Originals.

Which is a huge cop out. I saw nothing that shows that he would be able to regen if Wolverine took his head so I'm going to assume that Wolverine can slice him limb from limb and be okay.

Again, I know only what the wiki says because I don't watch that show. I don't see anything that shows Wolverine couldn't beat him. He's tackled a lot stronger foes, he's a way better martial artist for sure, he can regenerate, and he has been shown to track and kill people on multiple occasions. So the bit on the wiki about Elijah getting his butt handed to him by two casuals using hit and run tactics doesn't help his case.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace:

There are multiple Episodes that cover this. Off the top of my head- Vampire Diaries Episodes 21,22. Klaus and some witches are performing the ritual to awaken his Werewolf side. Elijah states that the immortality spell making Klaus unkillable will be temporarily weakened. Elijah attempted to remove Klauses heart thus killing him. Elijah has his hand around Klauses heart when Klaus talk's him out of it. In the following Episode both Klaus and Elijah talk about how it would no longer be possible to kill Klaus in that manner.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: It's because he's an original. Originals can be incapacitated by heart removal, wooden stakes, deception, etc but it won't kill them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace:

All the Originals are unkillable. It's the spell that created them protects them from death.

They can be knocked out or messed up for a while. I think Wolverine can win. Just Wolverine won't be able to kill him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace:

They've never been without a head or a heart.

The magic protecting them makes them indestructible.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MonsterStomp

@jagernutt said:

@ecstaticgrace:

Elijah can't be beheaded or disemboweled. None of the Originals can.

Why? If they can be impaled, they can be dismembered. Especially from someone who can cut Hulk's skin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

They're physically indestructible because of the spell that made them immortal.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

They're physically indestructible because of the spell that made them immortal.

Damon outright impaled Elijah with a wooden coat hanger. Adamantium >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> wood.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elijah is much faster and stronger. And has healing speed that rivals that of Logan. Not to mention the compulsion. Don't see how he looses this. The only way Logan can win this is by incap, by cutting Elijah's head off. But considering Elijah's speed, that's not going to happen.

JarJarBinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's impossible to 'shred' Originals,

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

They can be insured. Magic protects them from dismemberment.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Elijah is much faster and stronger. And has healing speed that rivals that of Logan. Not to mention the compulsion. Don't see how he looses this. The only way Logan can win this is by incap, by cutting Elijah's head off. But considering Elijah's speed, that's not going to happen.

I wonder if

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostrider2:

That Vampire Elijah beheaded was 5 hundred years old. lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jagernutt: Why would you select a character who has no known way to die except one? And we've already had this discussion... Meshing universes for the purposes of battle make the stipulations either unfair or not clear enough.

btw, Wolverine cannot die but he can most certainly decapitate Elijah. This doesn't state to the death. So KO wins it. Wolverine easily wins

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elijah simply is too fast for Logan.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morleericks:

He can't decapitate Elijah. It's the same as Klaus. If you disagree then prove it.

Dude. Meshing Universes are half the Battle's on comicvine.

I never said Wolverine can't win. Just not by death.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: Why would you select a character who has no known way to die except one? And we've already had this discussion... Meshing universes for the purposes of battle make the stipulations either unfair or not clear enough.

btw, Wolverine cannot die but he can most certainly decapitate Elijah. This doesn't state to the death. So KO wins it. Wolverine easily wins

How does Logan easily win? TVD vamps regularly speedblitz people and react to other vamps trying to blitz them. That's legit superspeed. Elijah is also easily stronger than Logan and has healing speed just as good as him. Not to mention the compulsion.

I can definitely see Logan winning a couple rounds, but saying that he wins easily means you're vastly underestimating Elijah. He stood in center of an explosion that tore apart a castle and walked away unscathed.

DrMirakuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"How does Logan easily win? TVD vamps regularly speedblitz people and react to other vamps trying to blitz them. That's legit superspeed. Elijah is also easily stronger than Logan and has healing speed just as good as him. Not to mention the compulsion."

exactly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: No but you clearly make matches in which your Originals characters win..... Knowing full well their speed......

And unfortunately mismatches reign over CV too much as well. This being another one

Only way Logan can win is decapitation. Put him against someone who has a chance. Can they be (Originals) affected telepathically? If so, give some else a clear advantage like you do with them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morleericks:

If your opinion is so strong that Elijah can be decapitated then PROVE IT. Or stop saying it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: How about you answer the question....

Also, I don't believe it but I intentionally pick the underdog when I see clearly lopsided matches being created. :)

Now, once again, can he be affected telepathically?

Avatar image for deactivated-62d106297c437
deactivated-62d106297c437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

616 wolverine has faced speedsters before. Although Whiz was a jobber, so discern of this scan what you will.

I'd say Speedblitz compulsion give Elijah a heavy advantage. 7/10 Elijah's way if he does the former.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morleericks:

What question?

It definitely is a hard match for Wolverine. But KO and bfr are possible paths to victory Wolverine. The Originals can be incapacitated.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What question? Lol

The question was literally my last statement. Can he be affected telepathically?

I want to create my own fair thread. Pitting him against someone who has even odds of being victorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What question? Lol

The question was literally my last statement. Can he be affected telepathically?

I want to create my own fair thread. Pitting him against someone who has even odds of being victorious

I don't believe compulsion is a form of telepathy. It's mystical, like magic. Although the Salvatore brothers have shown telepathic abilities, like peering into the minds of the sick/unconscious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d2therj: I was asking if the bros could be affected telepathically

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morleericks said:

@d2therj: I was asking if the bros could be affected telepathically

Ah, got ya. Witches use magic like TP attacks all the time, and depending on the plot; it usually puts them down for a while until they recover. So I'd say they have some, or weak TP protection. It depends on how comparable Magic to something like Xavier's TP would be.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: See, you're using a no limits fallacy. Despite the fact that mere wood and metal can pierce their skin... You do realise Hulk is more durable than Elijah by a millionfold right? Yet Wolverine's claws have pierced his skin. Magic is so overrated its not even funny.

As for the apparent speed gap, Elijah doesn't use superspeed constantly. In any of his fights he just uses short bursts here and there. Wolverine has experience against speedsters and has the skill to predict them.

Strength isn't really an advantage for Elijah either. Not when Logan is built to tank heavier hits has a superior healing factor (Elijah hasn't regenerated from his flesh melting off his bones or dismemberment).

Compulsion is Elijah's only saving grace. Something he doesn't really capitalize on in most of his fights.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

I want to see if I can get a very simple concept into your mind.

The Originals are NOT invulnerable (I repeat NOT invulnerable). But they ARE indestructible because of magic. I.e. cannot be dismembered or lose vital organs as that would indeed kill them. MAGIC protects them from being beheaded. This is based on MAGIC not SCIENCE.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morleericks:

A powerful telepath can give them trouble.

Go on Netflix and watch season 5 of Vampire Diaries. Silas is a very powerful telepath and gave Klaus problems.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: A powerful telepath? Now I hope you aren't referring to Phoenix Jean Grey or Xavier?

How about a mid level character with telepathic powers? Psylocke or Zatanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morleericks:

Silas feats appear to be on par with fox cinematic Xavier. Controlling hundreds of people at once and playing mind games against Klaus. Silas made Klaus believe that part of the White Oak stake was stuck in his back when nothing was really there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: I am not watching a season of Vampire Diaries lol

Only under certain circumstances will I watch it again

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

I want to see if I can get a very simple concept into your mind.

The Originals are NOT invulnerable (I repeat NOT invulnerable). But they ARE indestructible because of magic. I.e. cannot be dismembered or lose vital organs as that would indeed kill them. MAGIC protects them from being beheaded. This is based on MAGIC not SCIENCE.

And let me get a simple concept into YOUR mind. You're using a no limits fallacy. Not only has it NOT been stated that magic protects them specifically from being dismembered, but the physical evidence is pretty clear cut that wood, metal and other inanimate objects (spell bound or not) can pierce their skin. Not only that, but really how often to vampires and werewolves actually attempt to dismember an Original? On top of that, if Damon could stake Elijah with a wooden coat hanger or if Elijah can down right stick his hand into Klaus' chest, simple logic suggests that they aren't immune to losing vital organs or dismemberment.

Stop overrating the concept of magic. You lack the logic and evidence to make a case.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: If anyone here is having trouble understanding the basic principles of debating, its you buddy. Just because you admit Elijah isn't invulnerable doesn't give you any more validity over the former argument. The burden of proof is on you -- show me Elijah being immune to dismemberment.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: See, you're using a no limits fallacy.

He does that when it comes to these characters for whatever reason. No amount of reasoning with him will change it either. He even believes that they would continue to regenerate being thrown into a sun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

Have you ever actually watched the Originals? Because I've watched it into the ground. The burden is on you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid82:

Well, can you show me why they wouldn't continue to live?

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid82:

Well, can you show me why they wouldn't continue to live?

Not going to have this conversation with you again, you choose to believe a no limits fallacy, I don't. The burden is on you to prove they would survive it, you are the one claiming they would.