• 118 results
kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kadeem

POLITICAL BATTLE: It's election time again and we are living in a time of intense  partisanship. Out of the political heat of our times four candidates for  the Presidency arise.   They are... 
POLITICAL BATTLE: It's election time again and we are living in a time of intense partisanship. Out of the political heat of our times four candidates for the Presidency arise.   They are... 

Charles Xavier 
Charles Xavier 

Tony Stark
Tony Stark

Amanda
Amanda "The Wall" Waller

& Nick Fury
& Nick Fury

How would the campaigns be conducted?   What would the debates be like?    Would any of the candidates resort to scandalous means to win?  Where would these candidates stand on the issues?  What would the pundits and commentators say during this election?  What potential conflicts would most likely be invited into the candidates lives for running in the election?  Who do you think would win? Who would you like to win?  RULES OF DISCUSSION:  This election takes place in a world where M-Day  and The Civil War never happened, and Genosha is still a strong nation  lead by Magneto.  While debate is fine there are to be no personal  attacks in this thread.  CAST YOUR VOTE NOW!!!!
How would the campaigns be conducted?   What would the debates be like? Would any of the candidates resort to scandalous means to win?  Where would these candidates stand on the issues?  What would the pundits and commentators say during this election?  What potential conflicts would most likely be invited into the candidates lives for running in the election?  Who do you think would win? Who would you like to win?  RULES OF DISCUSSION:  This election takes place in a world where M-Day and The Civil War never happened, and Genosha is still a strong nation lead by Magneto.  While debate is fine there are to be no personal attacks in this thread.  CAST YOUR VOTE NOW!!!!
Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Chaos Burn

Tony Stark is a douche
Charles Xavier could use his powers to mess with other countries
Don't know who Amanda Waller is

So Nick Fury for President!

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kadeem
@Chaos Burn said:
Tony Stark is a douche Charles Xavier could use his powers to mess with other countries Don't know who Amanda Waller is  So Nick Fury for President!
Are you saying that Fury is the best qualified, that he is the most likely to win, or both?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Fury or Waller.

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By theicon

Xavier,  he could bring peace

Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wise Son
Can we get more candidates...? 
kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kadeem

I think of the four Fury would be the best President since he is incredibly savy to both foreign and domestic affairs,  he understands that we live in a transnational world, he has both experience and understanding of politics and warfare and he is capable of making decisions while looking at the big picture.  I think that either Stark or Waller would be the most likely to win since they both have the know how to get elected, access to resources, and are willing to break the rules if they believe they are doing it for the right reason.  There are times when its right to break the rules, but with Stark and Waller it is often the case that it is their ego that is guiding the decision rather that what actually is.  Xavier while being well intended is overly idealistic.  While he and Fury both have a transnational view of the world, practical real world approaches have never been Xavier's strong suite as Magneto has often pointed out.  I could also see pundits, tea baggers, and political opponants using anti mutant hostilities in the minds of the public as well as Xavier's connection to Magneto to paint him as being some evil mutant radical or even a terrorist.
@Wise Son
Who else do you think would run?

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kadeem
@JediXMan said:
Fury or Waller.
What do you think gives these two the edge in the election?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@kadeem said:
@JediXMan said:
Fury or Waller.
What do you think gives these two the edge in the election?
Odd as it sounds, I would trust them more than the others. I would not like a president who can read my mind and control my thoughts, and Tony lost my trust with Civil War.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Xavier or Fury.
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Outside_85

Think the Wall would win, but by playing dirty. Leaking the possibility the Xavier is manipulating his audience, that Stark is still on the bottle and that Nick Fury is either a robot or something else due to his lifespan. 

Also, none of the guys ever said anything like this:  

The Wall
The Wall
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I'd cast my vote for Xavier or Fury. And love the above post lol....Amanda sounds like a serious beezy.

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kadeem
@Outside_85 said:

Think the Wall would win, but by playing dirty. Leaking the possibility the Xavier is manipulating his audience, that Stark is still on the bottle and that Nick Fury is either a robot or something else due to his lifespan. 

Also, none of the guys ever said anything like this:  

The Wall
The Wall
Yeah, that could be her campaign slogan LOL.  I could see Stark playing dirty as well. If it came down between Stark and Waller it would be a very interesting political battle to watch.
sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By sa5m

Charles =)

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheCerealKillz

President Xavier.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By Erik

Fury. 

This is not a battle though.

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#17  Edited By Dracade102
@TheCerealKillz said:
President Xavier.
-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By -Eclipse-

A mutant President? I don't think America is ready for that... xP

Tony's alcoholic past could easily be used by the other candidates to sway his voters. 

The fact that America has only had one black President and never had a female President tells me the odds are stacked against Waller. 

So, Fury it is. I think the fact that he's a badass with an eyepatch would be enough to win him the whole election, really.

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waller or Xavier.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By iLLituracy

No one trusts a man with an eyepatch.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd vote for Tony just for the annual Presidential Address or Press Conferences lol. The winner would probably be Waller or Fury though Xavier is the best candidate. 

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Assassin_

Fury or Xavier

MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MutenRoshi

Fury wins, although Xavier could rig an election and force everyone to vote for him using his telepathic powers. 

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kadeem
@MutenRoshi said:
Fury wins, although Xavier could rig an election and force everyone to vote for him using his telepathic powers. 
Xavier is capable of doing that, but would he? I like your avatar pic btw.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Mercy_

@kadeem said:

I think of the four Fury would be the best President since he is incredibly savy to both foreign and domestic affairs, he understands that we live in a transnational world, he has both experience and understanding of politics and warfare and he is capable of making decisions while looking at the big picture. I think that either Stark or Waller would be the most likely to win since they both have the know how to get elected, access to resources, and are willing to break the rules if they believe they are doing it for the right reason. There are times when its right to break the rules, but with Stark and Waller it is often the case that it is their ego that is guiding the decision rather that what actually is. Xavier while being well intended is overly idealistic. While he and Fury both have a transnational view of the world, practical real world approaches have never been Xavier's strong suite as Magneto has often pointed out. I could also see pundits, tea baggers, and political opponants using anti mutant hostilities in the minds of the public as well as Xavier's connection to Magneto to paint him as being some evil mutant radical or even a terrorist.
@Wise Son: Who else do you think would run?

Well said!

@iLLituracy said:

But he's so good looking...

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By iLLituracy
@The Dark Huntress: Is that all that matters to you women? Looks? Gosh. Fury would take us to war against everyone. 
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mercy_

@iLLituracy: No it's not lol. But I also think kadeem summed it up pretty well. He knows how to war, but he knows how to avoid it as well.

Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

From this four I would vote for Fury, I don't care how much people think he screwed up, from all the directors of SHIELD so far he was the one who handled things the best. I wouldn't vote for Amanda just because I don't think she would be a better leader than Fury, neither is she more diplomatic.

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kadeem

In a world where Magneto is still the head of state of the nation of Genosha, what do you folks think the candidates' stances on how to deal with Genosha would be?
@The Dark Huntress
Thanks

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Waller

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lance Uppercut

Not a battle

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By MrUnknown
@iLLituracy said:
Are you serious? Nick Fury has some of the best followers.
Dark Noldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1014

#33  Edited By Dark Noldor

Xavier

Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Wise Son
@kadeem said:
I think of the four Fury would be the best President since he is incredibly savy to both foreign and domestic affairs,  he understands that we live in a transnational world, he has both experience and understanding of politics and warfare and he is capable of making decisions while looking at the big picture.  I think that either Stark or Waller would be the most likely to win since they both have the know how to get elected, access to resources, and are willing to break the rules if they believe they are doing it for the right reason.  There are times when its right to break the rules, but with Stark and Waller it is often the case that it is their ego that is guiding the decision rather that what actually is.  Xavier while being well intended is overly idealistic.  While he and Fury both have a transnational view of the world, practical real world approaches have never been Xavier's strong suite as Magneto has often pointed out.  I could also see pundits, tea baggers, and political opponants using anti mutant hostilities in the minds of the public as well as Xavier's connection to Magneto to paint him as being some evil mutant radical or even a terrorist.
@Wise Son: Who else do you think would run?
I agree with everything you said. I think Fury would be the nation's best bet for stability and growth for all the reasons you've already stated. As for others who might run I'd say Maria Hill, Norman Osborn (Pre-Fall), Sebastian Shaw or even Reed Richards but that's a "stretch". 
AtheneOwnsYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AtheneOwnsYou

None. I would vote for Ron Paul even if there was not an option. 

If i had to choose however (my life depended in choosing the candidates that the OP chose for me...), Nick would be my choice.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By iLLituracy
@The Dark Huntress said:

@iLLituracy: No it's not lol. But I also think kadeem summed it up pretty well. He knows how to war, but he knows how to avoid it as well.

SHUTTUP. 

@MrUnknown said:
@iLLituracy said:
YOU TOO.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mercy_

@iLLituracy: I'm right.

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MrUnknown
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress said:

SHUTTUP. 

@MrUnknown said:
@iLLituracy said:
YOU TOO.
People that say that fail at arguing and being right.
kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kadeem
@TheMightyAvenger said:
From this four I would vote for Fury, I don't care how much people think he screwed up, from all the directors of SHIELD so far he was the one who handled things the best. I wouldn't vote for Amanda just because I don't think she would be a better leader than Fury, neither is she more diplomatic.
Yeah many people do seem to think Fury screwed up as SHIELD director, but I think he was doing his job very well.  The issue is there where many opportunistic people such as Tony Stark who took advantage of political opportunities and situations which is why Fury was labeled as a so called "AWOL" agent.  It had more to do with politics than it did with rather or not he did his job well.
@Wise Son said:
@kadeem said:
I agree with everything you said. I think Fury would be the nation's best bet for stability and growth for all the reasons you've already stated. As for others who might run I'd say Maria Hill, Norman Osborn (Pre-Fall), Sebastian Shaw or even Reed Richards but that's a "stretch". 

Thanks bro.  Maria Hill is an interesting character, but in some ways she is just a watered down version of Waller.  Norman Osborn could really shake things up if he threw his hat in the arena, and it would be interesting to see him try to put a positive spin on his past as the Green Goblin, and he would probably use an "America is about new beginnings" rhetoric to promote his campaign.  Shaw is cunning, wealthy and very well connected.  He doesn't hesistate to take advantage of any opportunity so he will probably do very well in politics.  He even has telepaths that he could use to sway public opinion.  He also was one of the main investors of the development of Sentinel technology, so if anyone could be the 1st mutant president it would probably be him.  You are right about Reed's becoming President being a stretch, but I think he would be a perfect running mate.
MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MrUnknown
@kadeem: Totally agree with you! Fury wouldn't let politics stand in the way of doing whatever's right, well, he has a track record for that sort of thing.
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By iLLituracy
@MrUnknown said:
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress said:

SHUTTUP. 

@MrUnknown said:
@iLLituracy said:
YOU TOO.
But I don't fail at either. I'm just too inebriated to take anything seriously. X3
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mercy_

@iLLituracy: SMH

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By iLLituracy
@The Dark Huntress: Don't judge me. Who in their right minds would vote for Nick Fury? I don't even think Nick Fury can be in the running seeing as how to my knowledge he's never been pardoned for his crimes during Bendis's Secret War.
MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MrUnknown
@iLLituracy said:
@MrUnknown said:
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress said:

SHUTTUP. 

@MrUnknown said:
@iLLituracy said:
YOU TOO.
But I don't fail at either. I'm just too inebriated to take anything seriously. X3
That's really just the same then. People judge you by what you do. Only you can judge yourself by what you can do.
Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Wise Son
@kadeem said:
@TheMightyAvenger said:
Yeah many people do seem to think Fury screwed up as SHIELD director, but I think he was doing his job very well.  The issue is there where many opportunistic people such as Tony Stark who took advantage of political opportunities and situations which is why Fury was labeled as a so called "AWOL" agent.  It had more to do with politics than it did with rather or not he did his job well.
@Wise Son said:
@kadeem said:
Thanks bro.  Maria Hill is an interesting character, but in some ways she is just a watered down version of Waller.  Norman Osborn could really shake things up if he threw his hat in the arena, and it would be interesting to see him try to put a positive spin on his past as the Green Goblin, and he would probably use an "America is about new beginnings" rhetoric to promote his campaign.  Shaw is cunning, wealthy and very well connected.  He doesn't hesistate to take advantage of any opportunity so he will probably do very well in politics.  He even has telepaths that he could use to sway public opinion.  He also was one of the main investors of the development of Sentinel technology, so if anyone could be the 1st mutant president it would probably be him.  You are right about Reed's becoming President being a stretch, but I think he would be a perfect running mate.
Who's said that's a bad thing? Waller tends to step over the line more often than not. She's a political bulldog. She uses her pull to get her way. Maria does the same but she wouldn't go to the extents that Waller would. In Civil War she was a jerk but she did what was best for the country. My thoughts exactly on Osborn. I think he would be the dark horse. He's the type of leader that gets results no matter the cost. Some people go for that kind of thing. I think Shaw has a very good chance at walking away with the win. He's the perfect politician. Deep pockets, charisma, handsome, cunning, etc. Supporting the sentinel project would definitely increase his odds of winning. Yeah, I see Reed in a VP position. I don't think someone with a personality like his is suited for president. He can be a bit neurotic at times. Him and Fury would be a force to reckon with.
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By iLLituracy
@MrUnknown said:
@iLLituracy said:
@MrUnknown said:
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress said:

SHUTTUP. 

@MrUnknown said:
@iLLituracy said:
YOU TOO.
That's really just the same then. People judge you by what you do. Only you can judge yourself by what you can do.
I've done plenty. Enough to be satisfied with what I've done.
Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

Funny thing is I'm not even american, and I'm still commenting in this thread.

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MrUnknown
@iLLituracy said:
@MrUnknown said:
@iLLituracy said:
@MrUnknown said:
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress said:

SHUTTUP. 

@MrUnknown said:
@iLLituracy said:
YOU TOO.
That was just an expression. You didn't have to take it so literally.
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By iLLituracy
@MrUnknown said:
@iLLituracy said:
@MrUnknown said:
@iLLituracy said:
@MrUnknown said:
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress said:

SHUTTUP. 

@MrUnknown said:
@iLLituracy said:
YOU TOO.
That was just an expression. You didn't have to take it so literally.
...Your momma didn't have to take it so literally.
kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kadeem
@TheMightyAvenger said:

Funny thing is I'm not even american, and I'm still commenting in this thread.

lol Hey bro nothing wrong with that.
@Wise Son
I agree with your comparison between Hill and Waller, but the fact that Waller is more of a habitual line stepper means she would end up knocking Hill out of the election relatively early.  As a citzen of this country I would prefer to have Hill as President than Waller, but knowing the way they both operate Hill is going to learn ...
No Caption Provided
Basically they both play the same game, only The Wall plays it harder.  I actually think President Shaw would be a great idea for a Marvel story arch.