Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ElderStarlord117
WoW Orc
WoW Orc

All three rounds are free-for-all and they're all bloodlusted. Rounds one and two, they fight armorless.

Round one: Hand-to-hand

Round two: All three have battle axes

Round three: All three are wearing their standard armors and are equipped with their standard weapons

Elder Scrolls Orc
Elder Scrolls Orc
Uruk-Hai
Uruk-Hai
reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Uruk-Hai gets backhanded like a little girl. Leaving the other two Real Orcs to go at it.

Avatar image for oy_the_billy_bumbler
Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

There's too many possibilities for the two video game orcs. They could be stealthy, brutes, spell slingers, summoner, or any combination of these..

Avatar image for elderstarlord117
ElderStarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shawnbaby

WoW Orc Warrior dominates.

LOTR Uruk Hai are Fodder.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MetalJimmor

The Uruk-hai only have an advantage in numbers. Tolkien was pretty clear that orcs and uruk-hai were just cannon fodder troops. The real power were the trolls, dragons, and balrogs of the army. Every hero slaughters the orcs in droves, and the uruk-hai, while tougher, did not do much better. Every named orc or uruk-hai are named pretty much to make the victory of the hero who defeats them seem more impressive without the orc or uruk-hai having any notable victories to prove their validity as opponents. The movies were kinder to the forces of evil, and gave them a few strong warriors that could contend with the heroes, but these were few and far between, and rarely did they win anything of note. Strangely the Hobbit movies are showing the best orc warriors we've ever seen from Middle Earth, and if we're using one of them then maybe Tolkien's creatures would have a chance. But since you said uruk-hai, then no. Only Lurtz would stand a chance, and he was far beyond the common uruk-hai.

Elder Scrolls orcs are slightly stronger than an average imperial, but not by a significant degree. Generally all the Elder Scrolls races have comparable physical attributes with none having an outright major edge over the other. There's also not really a standardized orc in Tamriel. Are we using the tribal orcs we met in Skyrim or the orc kingdom of Orcinium? Or are we using the orcs in the imperial army who have full plate armor? What era? Because the armor from the Third Age was solid European style plate and the armor from the Fourth Age in Skyrim left a lot of exposed skin. Strange to see a military actually downgrade their armor over the years, but maybe the empire can't afford to deck every soldier out in full plate? Personally, I think the game developers just can't decide what real world culture they want to base the Imperials off of.

WoW orcs are probably the strongest. They are suppose to have superhuman strength comparable to a great ape, and to be able to bite through plate armor with their tusks. Of course this was the orcs of the First War who were filled with demon juice at the time. The orcs we have now are considerably weaker, though how they compare to their former selves isn't well explained. Still, WoW orcs are the only ones of the three that are stated to be superhuman, and should be above the other two in strength regardless of which generation we use. All that changes is the degree of strength advantage they have.

On an unrelated note. I think I flagged Reikai with a miss-click. >.> So... If that is in fact what I clicked on accident ignore it.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: Actually the Imperial Style armor follows more Roman Centurion in appearance, and Orcs in TES are physically stronger than Imperials and Nords. Imperials tend to rely more on uniformity and tactics, while Nords are hardy and resistant to the cold along with hardened battle spirit. Orcs are physically dominating with great skill and strength, and also have their Berserker Rage which increases their strength in battle temporarily.

Orcs overall have no political agenda, though there are a few exceptions. Orcs on the norm are fierce warriors and blacksmiths by trade. And while not as pretty as Elven or Imperial make, Orcish Armor is some of the toughest and strongest sets of armor that can be made by the mortal races in almost any era.

The elvish races usually go for quickness of movement with their defenses, so their armor is lighter and thinner, relying more on their magical prowess than anything else. The Imperials place uniformity over individuality, so their armor strength are all nearly identical and only commanding officers have anything to differentiate them from their fellow troops. While their armor is good, it's not the best.

Nordic Chain is fairly tough and Nords are great smiths as well, but Orcs are still the better since they focus far less on being aesthetically pleasing and more on absolute protection and defense. Orcish Armor in Skyrim covers most of the body. Really the least covered area is the face. Everything else is covered.

As far as WoW Orcs, they aren't much stronger. They were formerly quite strong due to demon blood being used to amp them, but once that was gone they became even weaker due to the lack of it and became extremely lethargic. Which makes the more present Orcs in Azeroth and Draenor stronger because they don't require it and are still fierce, strong warriors. Though many still rely on pure brute force over anything else. Though that didn't make them any less capable.

It will really come down to the WoW Orc and the TES Orc. The Uruk-hai is like a toddler compared to them.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: That's what I like about Orcs. They're strong, fearless, focused, very skilled, and get the job done right. They don't care about being beautiful or what others say about them. They're sexy in their own little way!

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MetalJimmor

@reikai:

The imperial armor in Skyrim was roman certainly, but in Oblivion they were wearing full plate, iron armor that was more reminiscent of a medieval knight. I saw few if any roman influences in Oblivion to be honest, save for the names.

I did say the orcs in Tamriel were stronger than imperials, it's just not by a considerable degree as far as superhuman strength goes. If an imperial could lift 600 pounds an orc might lift 1,000. Impressive certainly, but the orcs aren't exacly so much stronger that they can ragdoll their non-orc opponents. Ultimately a battle of swords between an orc and an elf would be comparable to a sword fight between a 250 pound warrior and a 170 pound warrior. The larger, heavier man has the edge in strength, but it still comes down to sword skill of the individual.

I know that orcish armor is some of the best. Certainly the best armor and weapons made of common materials and not ebony or glass. I'm just pointing out that there is a wide number of orc types in Elder Scrolls. If it's an imperialized orc he might be weaing imperial armor, which is standard issue for anyone serving the Empire's army. If he's from a tribe or Orcinium he could be wearing anything from a loin cloth to full orcish plate. Though just a note from the games, most of the tribal orcs in Skyrim were wearing fur and leather, not their famed orcish armor. Which I found a bit odd.

We really just need more information of what the original poster meant by "Standard equipment". If it's full orcish armor I might be more inclined to give it to the orcimer.

WoW orcs have statements of being three to ten times stronger than an average human, depending on if they are drinking demon blood or not. I noted the orcs from the current generation aren't as strong as their demon chugging brethren, but they should still have a fairly considerable strength advantage just based on how they are portrayed. Granted they also regularly lose to humans in duels despite their superior strength. So do tauren for that matter.

It deffinately comes down to the orcimer and the orc. I just always got the sense that the orcimer's strength edge over the other races was downplayed and smoothed over more to make the races balanced, where as WoW pretty much ignores the differences for game mechanics while emphasizing them in their lore books.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: Though if you looked at the armor in Skyrim, there were several versions that could be worn, not to mention General Tullius'. Also if you look at the ESO trailer, they went back to a more Romanesque style so I think they were making it look more like it was in Skyrim. Though you can still see the different styles between plate, leather and a combination of the two. So I figure the style of armor had to do with Rank within the Legion.

As far as traits/advantages, all the races of Tamriel seem to have something over one another, nothing that'd give a definitive edge by itself. Though Khajiit with something like 20 variants of their race, ranging from house cats to Giant War Beasts, would be a distinctive advantage over any other race. If it wasn't for that plague that put them all on the endangered species list (which I blame the Altmer for).

As far as WoW Orcs, them losing to humans more has to do with Humans actually possessing more skill as Orcs mainly relied on brute force. Of course as the demon blood waned along with their strength, they had to adapt so the more current generation of Orcs have learned to be much better fighters than before and some of them are downright impressive. Thrall having been raised as a gladiator and trained in military tactics made him one of the best of all, along with Orgrim Doomhammer.

Of course they're well above the average Orc for them. And as far as Orcs in TES, wherever they come from, the majority do seem to follow the Code of Malacath. Always pursuing strength. Even those who joined the Legion did so for excitement and a chance to learn. Or simply because they didn't want to be married off to some Orc Chief they didn't know.

Most of the Orcs I see in the strongholds in Skyrim are wearing Steel Plate. Most of the rest outside are generally Bandits that have ranged from Fur and leather sets to iron and steel. So I would say the Average is probably in Iron or Steel, but not Steel Plate.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@reikai: Orcs lost to humans because Gul'dan betrayed them and took 1/3 of their forces with him. The Horde was already encircling Lordaeron and planned to attack the city until sh!t happened.

JwwProd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By JwwProd

WoW Orc FTW!

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

wow

CaptainGanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CaptainGanon

@elderstarlord117: WoW Orcs win.

WAIT! So it's Lurtz that fights? Then everything changes. He beats the TES Orc and could possibly match the WoW Orc in combat.

Soup95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WoW Orcs win

TES Orcs wins in coolness

AndreyS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AndreyS1337

40K DA ORKZ!!1
40K DA ORKZ!!1

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably WoW orc.

Soup95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WoW>>>>>Uruk-Hai>>>>ES

Flyinghigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Flyinghigh

I need to know if it's lurts or a normal uruk-hai.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow>ES>Uruk