Isn't Luffy an island buster?

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So what can Centipede do to harm Luffy again?

TrueAustralian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TrueAustralian

I'm going to need to be convinced that Elder Centipede can Regenerate the damage from a direct KKG strike. If Luffy jobs he could die, but that doesn't happen often.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6 higherpower  Moderator

Isn't Luffy an island buster?

No.

So what can Centipede do to harm Luffy again?

Swallow him possibly? Though chances are low.

I can make it pre-TS only if it seems unfair.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan: Okay, well I still don't see EC winning since he can't really hurt Luffy.

TrueAustralian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000: He can cut him. Digestions is an option as well.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sy8000

I haven't caught up but if all it's done is tank Genos' blast that's not enough.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 higherpower  Moderator

Welp it's nerf time

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt he will get the chance to eat him, and alright to the cutting part.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By higherpower  Moderator
@watcher5000 said:
@trueaustralian said:

I doubt he will get the chance to eat him, and alright to the cutting part.

Luffy tanked Doflamingo's strings so I doubt cutting would work

EDIT: I forgot I made it pre-timeskip lol. Never mind

Overwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre time skip Elder Centipede Stomps.

Pre G4 Post time skip is very close. Could go either way, as im not sure either has power to put the other down.

Current Luffy Stomps. elder Centipede is not eating a KKG.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy

JanJuKBMa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Gear 2 and 3 it's a fight, but even here I think Luffy could take it down after a while. Gear 4 Luffy toys around with it for a while. KKG to the face most likely ends it in one hit.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 higherpower  Moderator
JanJuKBMa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan: Sorry, didn't see that. In that case I don't know if Luffy has the damage output to win ... I think I have to take a look at the chapters with the Elder Centipede again.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Genos used two new blasts on it. The spiral incineration cannon came first which created one of his largest explosions yet, and EC no sold it with its face. Then Genos used a presumably stronger version with "hyper" in front of it from inside EC, which caused moderate damage to its softer parts before it just molted the damage which healed it and made it even bigger.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre time skip Luffy dies.

Overwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre time skip Luffy has no chance. He simply doesnt have the damage output. Nothing short of city busting power is taking this thing down.

Avatar image for synchronized_123
synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: It took a full power blast from Genos firing at his insides and immediately regenerated it.

Raziel2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Raziel2014

pre time skip luffy gets rekt by any Demon tier monster

Elder centipede is a Dragon tier and requires a minimum of MOuntain to Island level to even injure the damn thing, Genos full blast which is upgraded since his Asura rhyno days was capable of blasting a mountain did not even scratch elder centipede at all, even from the inside it still did not much damage.

Even Post Time skip luffy gear 4 would find it hard to beat this thing more so since its entire body is razor sharp, Current Genos Would give Current Luffy a good fight and genos got rekt bad

how the thread creator even thought pre time skip luffy had any chance is beyond my imagination,

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 higherpower  Moderator
higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 higherpower  Moderator

@valor_175: Either, neither, both; it doesn't matter to me. If you wanna debate him go ahead but I wouldn't advise it.

NOOBKILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great fight idea but in the end I cant see luffy pre timeskip taking the win.

qwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elder Centipede stomp with ease,pre time skip Luffy can't do shit to him and he get one shot.

Elder Centipede can also win against Post time skip Luffy(without Gear 4)

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valor_175: @god_vulcan:

What feat does pre time skip Luffy have that puts him above Genos? Beginning of series Genos was already around mountain level.

No Caption Provided

And this is the power from just his exhaust.

No Caption Provided
the dust/smoke from his final attack also was pretty large.
the dust/smoke from his final attack also was pretty large.

I don't remember pre-time skip Luffy doing anything on this level, though I could be wrong. I also think Genos would be a bad matchup for Luffy since fire melts rubber.

But as for Elder Centipede I see no reason why he wouldn't easily beat Luffy. It would probably take 4th gear Luffy to beat him. I mean Luffy did say he needed 4th gear to beat the monsters on that Island and I don't remember any of those monsters looking anything close to Elder Centipede's level. I could see Luffy maybe winning with a full power 3rd gear punch with haki, but that would still be post time skip.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 higherpower  Moderator

@alextheboss: I originally had two rounds one with Luffy pre timeskip and one with Dressrossa arc. But I felt people woulf think it was one-sided so I restricted him to pre-TS only.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan: I think the most fair would be post time skip with gear 4 restricted. But as far as I remember pre time skip Luffy doesn't have any feats to suggest he could really hurt elder centipede.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 higherpower  Moderator
Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elder Centipe, it's durability was insane.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheWatcherKing

I personally don't see how Genos was a mountain buster still at the beginning of the series.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@watcher5000: That would be because he never busted a mountain (unless you're referring to the anime). He blew off the top of one, which is city lvl+, but considering his many amps he's gotten since then and the fact that feat was casually on a whim he's easily mountain lvl.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is not a hard battle to sort out.

Pre skip Luffy has no chance. He simply does not have the damage output to even come close to putting Elder Centipede down. His best output feat was Gear 3rd blowing up a building. But that is no where near powerful enough to take this monster down. Genos blasts are mountain level and it ate it and regenerated like nothing. Now admittedly blasts dc is different then direct impact from a blow. Such as Bang punch. But its safe to say at minimum it requires city level, as with this things regen it needs to be taken out or severely at once.

Post Skip Luffy pre Gear 4th is the closest version of this fight. Im still not convinced Luffy has the power needed to take out Centipede. But with his precog and speed Centipede will really struggle to tag him. I think eventually Luffy wins by pounding on it like he did with Noah.

Post Skip Gear 4 stomps. Luffy's King Kong Gun is island level. and to those that say it isnt, the force (Not the direct impact of his fist) of launching Doflamingo (a 500lb man give or take) into the island caused to the island to basically fracture. If he hit the island directly its toast. KKG one shots similar to Saitama, and he is leagues faster so landing will be easy.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan: @watcher5000:

I just posted Genos busting a good chunk of a mountain from the beginning of the manga. But I will admit that seems kind of like an outlier.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overwarrior2: Pretty good analysis. I agree with pretty much everything.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@alextheboss said:

@god_vulcan: @watcher5000:

I just posted Genos busting a good chunk of a mountain from the beginning of the manga. But I will admit that seems kind of like an outlier.

Unless I'm mistaken he busted only part of the mountain he was standing on

No Caption Provided

Although he did legitimately destroy a mountain top from one of the surrounding mountains as seen on the next page.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000:

Although he did legitimately destroy a mountain top from one of the surrounding mountains as seen on the next page.

Yes, that's what I was referring to. And it was in the distance and he wasn't even trying to destroy it.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 higherpower  Moderator
FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan: I'm way behind on both series. The awesomeness of Katakuri and his sinful habits overloaded my senses. And finals.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 higherpower  Moderator

@flashingsabre: OPM updates slow and there's only like 80 something chapters rn. When you get free time I hope you binge.

As for One Piece, you need catch up quick. The latest chapter was.... lit

:D

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Gnomishness

Luffy's only chance to finish Elder is King Kong Gun, and even then, hitting him in a vunerable enough place with that is a bit of a long shot.

Elder Centipede waits for Gear 4th to run out before chewing Luffy up and then eating him.

TheGirugamesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre skip Luffy has no chance. He simply does not have the damage output to even come close to putting Elder Centipede down. His best output feat was Gear 3rd blowing up a building. But that is no where near powerful enough to take this monster down. Genos blasts are mountain level and it ate it and regenerated like nothing. Now admittedly blasts dc is different then direct impact from a blow. Such as Bang punch. But its safe to say at minimum it requires city level, as with this things regen it needs to be taken out or severely at once.

Post Skip Luffy pre Gear 4th is the closest version of this fight. Im still not convinced Luffy has the power needed to take out Centipede. But with his precog and speed Centipede will really struggle to tag him. I think eventually Luffy wins by pounding on it like he did with Noah.

Post Skip Gear 4 stomps. Luffy's King Kong Gun is island level. and to those that say it isnt, the force (Not the direct impact of his fist) of launching Doflamingo (a 500lb man give or take) into the island caused to the island to basically fracture. If he hit the island directly its toast. KKG one shots similar to Saitama, and he is leagues faster so landing will be easy.

I was about to say I agree with everything you said until that last sentence.

Luffy leagues faster than Saitama? Pfft, sure.

And serious punch >>>>>>> any attack shown thus far in OP. I think a KKG would one-shot, if he landed it right in EC's face, but I highly doubt it would completely disintegrate him.

Overwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegirugamesh:

@overwarrior2 said:

I was about to say I agree with everything you said until that last sentence.

Luffy leagues faster than Saitama? Pfft, sure.

And serious punch >>>>>>> any attack shown thus far in OP. I think a KKG would one-shot, if he landed it right in EC's face, but I highly doubt it would completely disintegrate him.

Leagues faster then Centipede. Not Saitama