#1 Edited by Stahlflamme (5849 posts) - - Show Bio

Ego

No Caption Provided

Vs

Graviton

No Caption Provided

Talbot wants to destroy Ego for his attempt to destroy life on earth he is aware of the location of Egos brain and wants to destroy it Ego is aware of his location and intention and tries to stop him from doing so.

Victory condition death

#2 Posted by The_Kidd (12329 posts) - - Show Bio

Ego

#3 Posted by Darkthunder (3147 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#4 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate

#5 Posted by ANTHP2000 (28525 posts) - - Show Bio

Ego...what..

#6 Posted by King_Hellstorm (392 posts) - - Show Bio

Talbot should win

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
#7 Posted by Asgardianweapon (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Ego has some nice feats, but he is not as impressive as everybody said.

I was more impressive with Graviton

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf823e3012e8
#8 Posted by deactivated-5cf823e3012e8 (449 posts) - - Show Bio

Ego stomps. There's nothing Talbot can do.

Avatar image for davidharewood14
#9 Posted by DavidHarewood14 (1828 posts) - - Show Bio

Ego sucks in combat but will win

#10 Edited by Stahlflamme (5849 posts) - - Show Bio

@settled: Ego is the size of earths moon. Talbot is capable of destroying earth, which is much larger. Talbot can all but evaporate a path through a nuclear shelter and move objects multiple times the size of skyscrapers. Egos brain was almost reached by a mining ship in mere instants and his Avatar was crushed by the weight of a ship for half a dozen people long enough for them to escape. There is plenty of things Talbot can do.

#11 Posted by ANTHP2000 (28525 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are people acting like Graviton was some kind of casual planet buster in combat...

#12 Posted by Stahlflamme (5849 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Are you indicating he would have to be to defeat Ego?

#13 Posted by ANTHP2000 (28525 posts) - - Show Bio

@stahlflamme: Not really. But you indicated that he is.

Of course Ego has a gazillion of ways and hax with which he's more powerful than Graviton IIRC so it doesn't matter.

#14 Edited by Stahlflamme (5849 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: No, if I thought he was I would not have made the thread cause he would casually stomp the shit out of Ego then. What Hax does Ego have towards Graviton. Sure moving large amounts of rock from the ground and swallowing you up with it is cool against the guardians, but given how casually Graviton can pull pillars of earth from the ground, reduce solid material to dust and move ridiculously large ships it hardly will work as easily on him. Egos tendrils could be damaged and blocked by all kinds of weapons not nearly as powerful as Graviton and while his Avatar is reforming infinitely it could be damaged and held back by a comparatively small amounts of force and he is limited to a single one. Plus his brain can't defend itself and is fixed in location.

#16 Edited by Stahlflamme (5849 posts) - - Show Bio

@bearderby: A compelling argument. Your complex thinking and detailed analysis has throughly convicned me it was foolish to make this thread in the first place.

I laid out in detail why Gravitons feats and powers are a match for Egos. If you disagree I suggest to explain why and how.

#17 Edited by Bearderby (475 posts) - - Show Bio

@stahlflamme: Graviton is no way near to Ego. its obvious if you understand it, no time for explanation. you can see the majority.

#18 Posted by Stahlflamme (5849 posts) - - Show Bio

@bearderby: Explain it anyway. Why is the guy who can destroy a planet the size of earth nowhere near the moon sized living planet? Why is the guy much more powerful than the guardians of the galaxy not capable of fighting a guy they defeated? Now explain.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#19 Posted by EternalDarkFury (2580 posts) - - Show Bio

Ego.

#20 Posted by MattyBoi (981 posts) - - Show Bio

@settled said:

Ego stomps. There's nothing Talbot can do.

This

#21 Edited by deactivated-5cf823e3012e8 (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@stahlflamme: He was only capable of busting Earth after absorbing Quake. Even then, the Earth only cracked due to chain reaction from him using Quake's powers to retrieve more gravitonium, causing several massive earthquakes. He didn't directly bust the Earth.

#22 Posted by el-kun (765 posts) - - Show Bio

Graviton stomps, how does ego even hurt him dude no sold every attack Daisy threw at him,and was only out because he couldn't breath in space

He hit Daisy so hard it shook new York

#23 Posted by Syntix (629 posts) - - Show Bio

Ego destroyed the entire Sovereign fleet effortlessly, Put a cancer in Quill’s mother and manipulating matter at molecular level. Ego stomps.

#24 Edited by Stahlflamme (5849 posts) - - Show Bio

@settled: Just like most planet busters only do so by chain reactions you break enough of a planet and the rest crumbles upon its mass, the rupting magma etc. So we're just talking semantics really. Plus its not like he has to be a planet buster to kill ego, egos brain is considerably smaller and more vulnerable than planet earth as a whole.

@el-kun: Ego is a somewhat bigger caliber than regular Quake thought.

@syntix: The sovereign fleet Yondus mine ship and the guardians on foot later destroyed? Graviton was also stated to be capable of crushing space fleets and given that the ship he moved around was bigger than every sovereign ship combined I can buy it. We don't even know how egos tumor power work and he certainly never applied it in combat and his molecular manipulation never amounted to more than geokinesis and altering his own body that was atill affected by brute force. That argument holds about as much water as saying Talbot can just absorb ego for an easy win and gain all of his powers to boot.

#25 Posted by deactivated-5cf823e3012e8 (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@stahlflamme: I think that the Graviton that busted Earth would be enough to kill Ego, but the one that Quake launched into space isn't enough.

#26 Edited by el-kun (765 posts) - - Show Bio

@stahlflamme: u do realize gravitons was never physically hurt , d dude was sent at escape velocity mach 32 atleast and he had no single damage, am just saying from wat we Hav seen from ego destructive capabilities I doubt he could hurt graviton

And am not talking about quake been stronger dan ego I said his attack on daisy was so powerful it created sonic shockwaves and was felt across city blocks away dats as good as any striking feat in MCU or dceu or cw

#27 Posted by Stahlflamme (5849 posts) - - Show Bio

@el-kun: I don't count people not getting splattered by g-forces in comicbook shows as a feat especially when they die anyways. It's just not the kind of show where you would show that happening. Also some people said that shockwave was daisy cushioning the drop with her powers.

#28 Posted by el-kun (765 posts) - - Show Bio

@stahlflamme: its still a feat considering d amount of damage it caused just by slamming her , and seeing as fallout was felt across new York it was great , but still u could be right

#29 Posted by X_insignia1 (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

@stahlflamme:

The shockwaves was her powers + already confirmed by the directors cut.

#30 Edited by Stahlflamme (5849 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#31 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (4400 posts) - - Show Bio

Really?

#32 Posted by AngelJax (11806 posts) - - Show Bio

Ego

#33 Posted by X_insignia1 (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_insignia1:

Yeah, I have to search for it, it's floating around in the forums but it's the script visual revealing that she used her powers to cushion the impact.

#34 Posted by Paytience (5155 posts) - - Show Bio

@stahlflamme: @x_insignia1: It's nothing that official. It's a comment from one of the fx guys.

And it still wouldn't really change the feat since her powers have a direct impact on her body...

#35 Edited by X_insignia1 (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

@paytience:

It is official, clearly they're in dialogue with the directors to even execute the scene accurately, visual cues + statements, you don't just write off something like that just cause.

#36 Edited by Paytience (5155 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_insignia1: No it's not. An official statement comes from an official source, a WoG statement comes from someone with the highest authority. The comment was made over twitter by someone without WoG on story elements. His comment laid a foundation for a hypothesis but doesn't confirm anything

Especially considering, as I stated, use of her powers has a direct impact on her body either way.

#37 Posted by X_insignia1 (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

@paytience:

So what exactly are you implying here?

Correct me if im wrong, but her powers only have a direct impact on her body without her gauntlets when she's trying to hold back her quakes,hence the microfractures. In this instance the shock waves were shown, with the distinct sound her her quakes make to accompany them. Not sure what the confusion is about, if the visual evidence doesn't contradict what's being implied, does it not hold?

#38 Edited by X_insignia1 (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

@paytience:

Fyi, just ran across this, and just so you know the statement/tweet was made by Mark Kolpack, who's the official VFX supervisor for Agents of Shield, so his statement supports my claim. It wasn't made by some "random" person.

Here's the link (I'm currently mobile)

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkKolpack/status/1010185594738114561?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1010185594738114561%7Ctwgr%5E393039363b74776565745f6d65646961&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcomicvine.gamespot.com%2Fforums%2Fbattles-7%2Fmcu-bushmaster-vs-shield-elites-1959699%2F