• WIn by KO/Death/Incapacitation

• Begin visible
  • Begin 75 feet apart
  • Fight takes place here:
No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
#2 Posted by thatguywithheadphones (19859 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath Stomp. Ed has never shown shown to be able to react to anyone at his speed. The only character to really do so was Ling/Greedling and that was only due to some-type of "chi" stuff, and specifically aiming for his weak spot. Ed doesn't have that luxury nor knowledge.

#3 Posted by jashro44 (50964 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath Stomp. Ed has never shown shown to be able to react to anyone at his speed. The only character to really do so was Ling/Greedling and that was only due to some-type of "chi" stuff, and specifically aiming for his weak spot. Ed doesn't have that luxury nor knowledge.

Well scar was able to keep up with Wrath granted he was injured pretty badly all though Ed is faster than Scar. He was also capable of reacting to prides shadows which caught up to a speeding car so I don't think he's that slow. All though I was a bit unsure on starting distance when making this. Do you think I should make it further?

#4 Edited by thatguywithheadphones (19859 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@thatguywithheadphones said:

Well scar was able to keep up with Wrath granted he was injured pretty badly all though Ed is faster than Scar. He was also capable of reacting to prides shadows which caught up to a speeding car so I don't think he's that slow. All though I was a bit unsure on starting distance when making this. Do you think I should make it further?

Personally I think this battle would start in end like this

Yes, I'm well aware Edward is younger , but I don't think he's done much to improve his reaction
Yes, I'm well aware Edward is younger , but I don't think he's done much to improve his reaction

just with Bradley cutting off his head.

The distance would only server to delay the inevitable, as Bradley would be able to dodge all of Ed's constructs and attacks.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
#5 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (21616 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath most likely wins but this is not a stomp. Edward with the winter/lighter automail was able to blitz Zampano and Jerso, who were able to give considerable trouble to Scar and were able to avoid being killed by the latter. Scar was able to hold his own against Wrath so I'd say Edward should be able to give Bradley some trouble before going down.

#6 Posted by jashro44 (50964 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones: Understandable. Personally I think Eds reactions did improve since then but I'll agree to disagree since I made the thread.

#7 Edited by thatguywithheadphones (19859 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath most likely wins but this is not a stomp. Edward with the winter/lighter automail was able to blitz Zampano and Jerso, who were able to give considerable trouble to Scar and were able to avoid being killed by the latter. Scar was able to hold his own against Wrath so I'd say Edward should be able to give Bradley some trouble before going down.

Only after escaping a train explosion, losing his almighty eye, being cut several times, fighting some of the series best fighters, falling from a high height(albeit in water), and being in his mid 60. Saying Scar give wrath trouble is equivalent to saying Naruto beat Pain. The plot had basically set it self up so that the ladder would lose. Even after losing both arms Wrath was still giving Scar a hell of a fight.

#8 Posted by DarthAznable (16928 posts) - - Show Bio

If he alchemy spammed he would win BUT he won't so he will die.

Since he learned scars technique he could get an instant kill BUT he also won't do that.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
#9 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (21616 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

Only after escaping a train explosion, losing his almighty eye, being cut several times, fighting some of the series best fighters, falling from a high height(albeit in water), and being in his mid 60. Saying Scar give wrath trouble is equivalent to saying Naruto beat Pain. The plot had basically set it self up so that the ladder would lose. Even after losing both arms Wrath was still giving Scar a hell of a fight.

lol I forgot how injured Wrath was when he fought Scar. Haven't seen the series in a while. To be fair though, the train explosion didn't even leave a scratch on him IIRC. He just had to play hop scotch with falling debris to reach the top of the mountain. His age also didn't really seem to interfere with his performance in combat.

#10 Edited by patrat18 (11691 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath.

#11 Posted by Pharoh_Atem (44232 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath stomps. Edward lacks the speed to keep up with him.

#12 Posted by patrat18 (11691 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath had to have his Ultimate Eye clawed out and be bleeding from a gunshot wound and even then Scar was having a seriously hard time fighting him and admitted he almost lost.

Bradley is the best melee fighter in FMA, hands down, no argument. The fact that they had to weaken him so much through multiple fights so that SCAR could barely compete just backs it up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee8c9da928
#14 Edited by deactivated-5aeee8c9da928 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

For anyone who says "if greed had covered all his body with the ultimate shield he would have stomped" they should consider how slow he is and how fast he gets tired when he keeps it on and when greed had to stop ling he needed to cover the hands with it so he won't move.

Oh yeah Wrath destroys ED.

#15 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13568 posts) - - Show Bio

Edward doesnt lack the speed to keep up with Wrath.

Scar was able to do so, albeit a weakened Wrath, but still Edward is even faster than him.

The only reason that Edward would lose this match is because he wouldn't immediately go to alchemy, he'll try to pull out that staff/sword of his and go to H2H like he always does in character.

Although, I suppose since he knows this is Wrath, he might actually do the smart thing and go straight to alchemy.

Or, I suppose if you want to get technical, he gets super stomped because if we're using current versions....

Ya know...

Jmarshmallow

#16 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

My post from last time is still what I think.

#17 Posted by primebonnick (4274 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath man they had to badly injure him for scar to stand a chance and he barely won and was lucky to be alive. Hell edward was lucky that pride also weakened himself before they fought.

#18 Posted by jashro44 (50964 posts) - - Show Bio

Edward doesnt lack the speed to keep up with Wrath.

Scar was able to do so, albeit a weakened Wrath, but still Edward is even faster than him.

The only reason that Edward would lose this match is because he wouldn't immediately go to alchemy, he'll try to pull out that staff/sword of his and go to H2H like he always does in character.

Although, I suppose since he knows this is Wrath, he might actually do the smart thing and go straight to alchemy.

Or, I suppose if you want to get technical, he gets super stomped because if we're using current versions....

Ya know...

Jmarshmallow

Ed has alchemy here.

Avatar image for immortalteknique
#19 Posted by ImmortalTeknique (270 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath. Ed could win via alchemy but I don't think morals on he'll do what it takes.

#20 Posted by rirashadow4 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath wins. Mustang is the only one capable of taking on a Homunculus one on one as he did it twice. Everyone else was either taken down by other Homunculus, needed a team of other strong characters to be able to beat them, or severely depowered to be able to take them on one on one.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#21 Edited by termiteone4ever (12665 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath wins . He is too fast for ED . Wrath is team effort for sure . I dont see Ed winning at all .

#22 Posted by Koays (9832 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we stop underselling Wrath's speed here? Ed's reactions have gotten better but not to he point he could react to the guy fast enough to leap up falling debris before it crashes..... Ed's at the disadvantage, because he'd need to catch this guy in some sort of contraption and crush him BEFORE he can get close, BEFORE he can cut through the concrete, and BEFORE he unleashes the all seeing eye and gets the freaking avoidance boost that apparently gives him.

#23 Edited by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

@sokusonic4: Lust was nowhere near as fast as Wrath. And Envy was far from an actual fighter. Mustang could barely even take on the potential King Bradleys.

Roy would only best Bradley at a huge distance.

#24 Edited by rirashadow4 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: I'm not saying that Mustang can take Wrath. I was saying Roy was the only one shown who could take out a Homunculus solo. Everyone else needed either help or got lucky fighting a weakened Homunculus.

#25 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

I can agree with that. At keast building+ level explosions and the ability to quick fire them is good firepower.

Kimblee would fit that description as well. Since a PS is standard equipment with him.

#26 Posted by A1l_S2a3m4E5N (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath is just too damn fast. Even Fu who outran bullets from 2 machine guns was killed without being able to put a scratch on Wrath.

Wrath wins due to massive speed advantage.

Avatar image for just_passing_by
#27 Posted by just_passing_by (110 posts) - - Show Bio

In this fight, I hail to the Fuhrer..!

#28 Posted by Dailyukulele (603 posts) - - Show Bio

Give Ed a philosophers stone to even the odds a bit.

#29 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath. No, being faster than scar does not imply you can fight with King bradley, it suggests you can keep up with half-dead king bradley. There's a large difference.

We've already seen wrath cutting faster than edward can perceive, and we've seen wrath being confident enough to take down all three of the alchemists if it comes to that.

He's not the type to be overconfident of his abilities.. quite cunning and calculating.

And considering the speed he moves around at, that's not unlikely.

here

lol at edward taking mustang's money though.

#30 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath. Just because Ed kept up with Scar with different auto mail doesn't mean anything. Wrath was already dying dying.

#31 Edited by random123 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone who says Scar "kept up with" Wrath needs to get their eyes checked. Wrath was half dead and still running a clinic on Scar and he could barely touch him even with alchemy. Ed wouldn't even scratch Wrath at full abilities. Wrath has the best technical fighting abilities, he is the fastest by far (Sloth is the only one that can move faster but he only can dart quickly), and finally he has an ultimate eye, which makes him impossible to touch without disguising your attack.

#32 Posted by cpt_nice (9796 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath is way too fast for Ed.

#33 Posted by daBlackswrd (612 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath stomps ling didn't keep up with him he wasn't on the defensive the whole time and if it wasn't for his sheild he would have died also scar barely kept up with a heavily injured wrath and scar would have died twice in that fight

Ed as much as I love him will get stomped

#34 Posted by Inside (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones: Ed is definitely comparable to Greed, it's an insult to say otherwise.

Greed may be better, but not by much at all.

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#35 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (1984 posts) - - Show Bio

Bradley rips Ed a new one, the only reasons Scar won was cause Bradley was both injured and divine intervention.

#36 Posted by Inside (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps: If Greed can sorta keep up with him, so can Ed.

Plus if Ed uses his alchemy on top of his fighting, then he wins.

However he mostly tries to fight in H2H combat, but Ed's alchemy makes a huge difference here.

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#37 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (1984 posts) - - Show Bio

@inside said:

@gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps: If Greed can sorta keep up with him, so can Ed.

Only sorta, in a long term fight he would've lost. And i'm pretty sure Greedling is faster than the original Greed given Ling Yao's already impressive stats.

Plus if Ed uses his alchemy on top of his fighting, then he wins.

The nanosecond Bradley gets in close range and it'd GG, besides...

Loading Video...

If a heavily injured Wrath could do this, then him in tip top condition would do this causally.

However he mostly tries to fight in H2H combat, but Ed's alchemy makes a huge difference here.

Not really, Bradley can just cut right through what ever he throws at him and blitz.

#38 Edited by WorldofRuin6 (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath. And I dont think its all that close. Edward was able to fight pretty much on par with Scar, but Scar could only keep up with an extremely injured and tired Wrath. Wrath is easily faster via SLICING MACHINE GUN FIRE AND PRACTICALLY SOLOING A SMALL ARMY. That said, Ed does have alchemy in his favor which will be essential to even giving Wrath a fight.

Wrath 8/10

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
#39 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13539 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath. Easily the top h2h fighter in the FMA: Brotherhood universe.

#40 Posted by Chronicplane (8059 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure even if he had his brother with him they'd get stomped, The fuhrer blitzes the state alchemist into oblivion.

#41 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (7222 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Ed is being extremely undersold here.

#42 Posted by Inside (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: I agree. I think the alchemy is the deciding factor here, and Ed is fast enough to keep up with Wrath for a short while in CQC.

#43 Edited by Vertigo- (17292 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath in a stomp. I don't see Ed keeping up with Wrath at all in close quarters, and he should be able to close the distance rather easily

#44 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (7222 posts) - - Show Bio

Ed is faster than Scar and probably even Greedling. He a lot more creative with his alchemy compared to Scar. Wrath probably wins but its not a stomp as most people do say.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
#45 Posted by Greysentinel365 (5414 posts) - - Show Bio

Bradley stomps.

#46 Posted by FaradaySloth (5388 posts) - - Show Bio

Bradley One-Shots

#47 Posted by ValorKnight (11077 posts) - - Show Bio

Bradley made it perfectly clear that he could have taken Ed, Al, and Mustang all at the same time, so why did you think this was a good idea?

#48 Posted by flamedhorn (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath stomps. In the final battles, Wrath went through the entire opposing force before finally dying. Hard to imagine Edward being on the same level.