• In character
  • Random Encounter
  • No knowledge
  • Standard Gear
  • Telepathy is restricted
  • Start 10 metres apart

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by RandomSid82 (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

First off...what telepathy? Neither Spider-Man or Cullen have any form of telepathy(unless you are counting spider-sense, which isn't telepathy at all). Second off, I do believe Spider-Man has this pretty easily. He dodges lightning in the second film and even has the time(because of spider-sense) to web the people's hand to prevent them from touching the railing that is being electrified. He also matches him strength wise with many feats. And he has spider-sense to help him dodge any attack Cullen throws at him.

#3 Edited by cpt_nice (9718 posts) - - Show Bio

@randomsid said:

First off...what telepathy? Neither Spider-Man or Cullen have any form of telepathy(unless you are counting spider-sense, which isn't telepathy at all).

Actually Edward can telepathically talk to people and has precog because he can read his opponent's minds, so you are wrong.

To OP: I haven't seen the newest Spidey movie, so I cannot say for sure. What strength feats does Andrew have?

#4 Edited by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man.

#5 Posted by RandomSid82 (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice said:
@randomsid said:

First off...what telepathy? Neither Spider-Man or Cullen have any form of telepathy(unless you are counting spider-sense, which isn't telepathy at all).

Actually Edward can telepathically talk to people and has precog because he can read his opponent's minds, so you are wrong.

To OP: I haven't seen the newest Spidey movie, so I cannot say for sure. What strength feats does Andrew have?

No he doesn't. It has been a while since I read any of the books(mainly because after reading them for the first time I never wanted to read them again, they suck that much) but from what I remember he never showed any form of telepathy, that was the girl(can't remember her name).

#6 Edited by cpt_nice (9718 posts) - - Show Bio

@randomsid said:
@cpt_nice said:
@randomsid said:

No he doesn't. It has been a while since I read any of the books(mainly because after reading them for the first time I never wanted to read them again, they suck that much) but from what I remember he never showed any form of telepathy, that was the girl(can't remember her name).

http://twilightsaga.wikia.com/wiki/Telepathy

http://www.comicvine.com/edward-cullen/4005-68728/

You were saying?

'The girl' (Alice) can see the future. http://twilightsaga.wikia.com/wiki/Precognition

#7 Posted by RandomSid82 (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice said:
@randomsid said:
@cpt_nice said:
@randomsid said:

You were saying?

'The girl' (Alice) can see the future. http://twilightsaga.wikia.com/wiki/Precognition

You may be right(not that it matters since the OP said telepathy is restricted) but could you post it from the actual books? Wiki pages are easily edited by anyone. Not saying it is wrong(as I said I do not remember him using telepathy) but even it says "Edward can't exert much conscious control over it."

#8 Edited by cpt_nice (9718 posts) - - Show Bio

@randomsid said:
@cpt_nice said:
@randomsid said:
@cpt_nice said:
@randomsid said:

You were saying?

You may be right(not that it matters since the OP said telepathy is restricted) but could you post it from the actual books? Wiki pages are easily edited by anyone. Not saying it is wrong(as I said I do not remember him using telepathy) but even it says "Edward can't exert much conscious control over it."

I cannot (and will not honestly, it is Twilight ffs) upload scans since I do not own the books, but anyone with half a brain can gather from the books that it is Edward's power. It is stated everywhere on the internet, just look it up. It does not even matter like you say, because of OP, but I really dislike smart asses who are just wrong, and then make silly excuses to try to cover themselves. Just admit you were talking out of your ass, and we can move on.

OT: After looking up clips from AS 2, I think Andrew has this.

#9 Posted by RandomSid82 (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice said:
@randomsid said:
@cpt_nice said:
@randomsid said:
@cpt_nice said:
@randomsid said:

You were saying?

I cannot (and will not honestly, it is Twilight ffs) upload scans since I do not own the books, but anyone with half a brain can gather from the books that it is Edward's power. It is stated everywhere on the internet, just look it up. It does not even matter like you say, because of OP, but I really dislike smart asses who are just wrong, and then make silly excuses to try to cover themselves. Just admit you were talking out of your ass, and we can move on.

OT: After looking up clips from AS 2, I think Andrew has this.

Flagged for the attitude and the language. Look at my first reply to you. I told you specifically I did not remember the books that much because of how much they sucked. You might want to grow up and debate with maturity rather than throwing needless insults.

#10 Posted by cpt_nice (9718 posts) - - Show Bio

Flagged for the attitude and the language. Look at my first reply to you. I told you specifically I did not remember the books that much because of how much they sucked. You might want to grow up and debate with maturity rather than throwing needless insults.

You might want to learn to just keep your mouth shut unless you know what you are talking about, k?

#11 Posted by RandomSid82 (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice said:
@randomsid said:

You might want to learn to just keep your mouth shut unless you know what you are talking about, k?

And you might want to learn how to debate maturely rather than throwing insults and attitude as both are against the rules of this forum and can get you banned. You also might want to learn to read a post properly as I clearly said I did not remember him using telepathy. If that bothers you so much, don't bother reading my posts or tagging me in yours. And you might want to consider choosing a different name because the one you have is the exact opposite of what you are. Grow up kid.

#12 Posted by Klaus (2002 posts) - - Show Bio

@randomsid: Edward has telepathy. He can read what's on the surface of people's minds. He has no control in terms of stopping his telepathy from working. Alice the girl can see the future, and the main girl is immune from psychic powers. I don't think there is a need to post a scan from the book, because you can easily just youtube Edward using his telepathy in one of the movies.

#13 Posted by RandomSid82 (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

@klaus said:

@randomsid: Edward has telepathy. He can read what's on the surface of people's minds. He has no control in terms of stopping his telepathy from working. Alice the girl can see the future, and the main girl is immune from psychic powers. I don't think there is a need to post a scan from the book, because you can easily just youtube Edward using his telepathy in one of the movies.

Thank you. See @cpt_nice it isn't that hard to show a little maturity when you are saying that someone is wrong. You might want to learn something from this person here.

#14 Edited by cpt_nice (9718 posts) - - Show Bio

@randomsid said:
@klaus said:

Thank you. See @cpt_nice it isn't that hard to show a little maturity when you are saying that someone is wrong. You might want to learn something from this person here.

Being condescending does not make you any more right.

#15 Posted by RandomSid82 (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice said:
@randomsid said:
@klaus said:

Being condescending does not make you any more right.

Pot meet kettle.

#16 Posted by GXrevolution96 (3654 posts) - - Show Bio

Yh, Edward can read people's thoughts. It is a passive ability but he cannot mind rape or anything like that.

#17 Posted by Heatblaze (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey.

#18 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman has better feats all round. Going with him.

...And of course edward has telepathy. That's the whole reason bella was special, she was the only one whose mind he couldn't read, which later led to her shielding ability. I don't believe anyone who read the books will forget a point so central.

#19 Posted by gingerpenny (2378 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice: it doesn't matter if is Ramiverse, Webbverse, or 616, Spidey is going to win every time and its not cause I'm hating on Cullen, not a fan, but he is a badass but nothing Parker can't handle.

#20 Edited by cpt_nice (9718 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice: it doesn't matter if is Ramiverse, Webbverse, or 616, Spidey is going to win every time and its not cause I'm hating on Cullen, not a fan, but he is a badass but nothing Parker can't handle.

I was just careful because I am unaware of what this version of Spidey is capable of. But yeah, he can take it.

#21 Posted by john_doe_0897 (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@randomsid: @cpt_nice: @gingerpenny: @princearagorn1: Is it not clear that Spiderman get's blitzed? The twilights vamps have SUPERSPEED. They are blurs when they move. On top of this they are durable as Stone with a powerful healing factor. I'm not saying Spiderman's fts weren't impressive, they were. But he can't deal with a Twilight vamp. It'd be like him fighting a faster more durable version of the lizard, he's simply outclassed

Spiderman gets DEALT with by the twilight vamps, look at this fight.

Loading Video...

#22 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@randomsid: @cpt_nice: @gingerpenny: @princearagorn1: Is it not clear that Spiderman get's blitzed? The twilights vamps have SUPERSPEED. They are blurs when they move. On top of this they are durable as Stone with a powerful healing factor. I'm not saying Spiderman's fts weren't impressive, they were. But he can't deal with a Twilight vamp. It'd be like him fighting a faster more durable version of the lizard, he's simply outclassed

Spiderman gets DEALT with by the twilight vamps, look at this fight.

That's not enough to blitz, or outdo garfield at all. His fight with electro was clearly on the same speed level, if not higher than edward/felix.

Loading Video...

Spiderman's durability showings are superior to theirs - while edward has the regeneration edge, spiderman has web to incap him. Plus he has clearly superior strength showings, tossing about cars without much effort and what not.

#23 Posted by RealityWarper (12333 posts) - - Show Bio

Why people don't get that Vampires in twilights are blur... to human beings ?

#24 Posted by john_doe_0897 (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Spiderman's durability is NO where near that of Twilight vampires who are bullet proof smh. And they have healing factors. What about that fight scene makes you think he can dodge Edward and not get blitzed? Many people have already stated he was not dodging actual lightning, rather it was just electricity. I can't be bothered to dig up the hard numbers right now tho of the speed difference.

Edward is still too fast for Spiderman who has already had trouble with people like Quicksilver accept he couldn't get out of this one with a closeline.

Honestly I think people just hate Twilight too much to respect their abilities, especially when pitted against a beloved comic icon like Spiderman

#25 Edited by RealityWarper (12333 posts) - - Show Bio

@john_doe_0897 said:

@realitywarper said:

Edward is still too fast for Spiderman who has already had trouble with people like Quicksilver accept he couldn't get out of this one with a closeline.

Honestly I think people just hate Twilight too much to respect their abilities, especially when pitted against a beloved comic icon like Spiderman

1) Edward is close to Quicksilver in speed ?

2) Honestly I don't hate twilight, I didn't see the movies and I didn't see the last comic book related movies too like The Avengers, etc...

#26 Posted by rogueshadow (28424 posts) - - Show Bio

Cullen has a faster on foot travel speed, but Spidey has far faster reaction times, ranged attacks, is stronger and is more durable to blunt force trauma. I'd wager his webs can hold Cullen for a significant amount of time, but not indefinitely, it will take longer than it did the Lizard to break out, but I think Cullen has the strength to do it eventually, I don't recall the webs' best tensile strength feat. Cullen is telepathic, it was a pretty central plot point.

If he can't trap him in webs, Spidey's main issue will be putting Cullen out, I don't recall Twilight Vampires ever being knocked out, no matter how much they got thrown around or torn up. Due to the combination of his durability and healing factor, I think Spidey will have to literally rip him apart and kill him which he won't be willing to do.

#27 Posted by john_doe_0897 (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

Cullen has a faster on foot travel speed, but Spidey has far faster reaction times, ranged attacks, is stronger and is more durable to blunt force trauma. I'd wager his webs can hold Cullen for a significant amount of time, but not indefinitely, it will take longer than it did the Lizard to break out, but I think Cullen has the strength to do it eventually, I don't recall the webs' best tensile strength feat. Cullen is telepathic, it was a pretty central plot point.

If he can't trap him in webs, Spidey's main issue will be putting Cullen out, I don't recall Twilight Vampires ever being knocked out, no matter how much they got thrown around or torn up. Due to the combination of his durability and healing factor, I think Spidey will have to literally rip him apart and kill him which he won't be willing to do.

Spiderman does NOT have better reaction times, Vampires react to other vampires who are Far faster than Spiderman. and Edward can dodge the webs and laugh off the bit that manages to tag him and Spiderman does Not have better damage soak than someone who is durable as Marble and bullet proof. Twilight Vampires can't be knocked out because they don't sleep or have the need to, they don't tire at all. Spiderman gets taken down in a decent battle

#28 Edited by rogueshadow (28424 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

Spiderman does NOT have better reaction times, Vampires react to other vampires who are Far faster than Spiderman. and Edward can dodge the webs and laugh off the bit that manages to tag him and Spiderman does Not have better damage soak than someone who is durable as Marble and bullet proof. Twilight Vampires can't be knocked out because they don't sleep or have the need to, they don't tire at all. Spiderman gets taken down in a decent battle

Spider-man reacts to electricity... I said he's more durable to blunt-force trauma, he was tanking shots from the Lizard without issue, he has also tanked lightning blasts that were tearing through the environment.

Not requiring sleep has nothing to do with being rendered unconscious.

#29 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Spiderman's durability is NO where near that of Twilight vampires who are bullet proof smh.

I'll have to ask for proof of any twilight vampire tanking bullets before we settle the durability issue.

And they have healing factors.

Granted.

What about that fight scene makes you think he can dodge Edward and not get blitzed?

The fact that he actually fights at the same speed as edward, electro clearly being higher.

Many people have already stated he was not dodging actual lightning, rather it was just electricity. I can't be bothered to dig up the hard numbers right now tho of the speed difference.

No one mentioned actual lightening, what is important is he is keeping up and fighting with someone who can 'blur' as well. Plus, while it is not lightening, the electric attacks fired at him are clearly as fast as edward or higher - which he repeatedly dodged after they were fired.

#30 Posted by john_doe_0897 (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Twilight vamps are as hard as marble. What would happen if you shot marble? Edward would eat bullets and then heal. Spidey for all his blunt force abilities is not in Edward's league in the damage soak department. The thinks that were happening to him in his fights that staggered him, Edward would walk away from like it was nothing

@rogueshadow:I'm telling you they cannot be knocked unconscious because they cannot be. They don't sleep at all. And the twilight vamps are far more durable than spiderman. Edward would Embarrass the lizard from ASM. Also Edward would rip Spidermans limbs off as the first go to because that's how Vamps fight eachother so Spiderman is gonna die pretty soon. Spiderman, even if he has the strength to rip Edward apart, wouldn't and couldn't due to him being too slow to do so

#31 Posted by NeonGameWave (19333 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter.

#32 Posted by rogueshadow (28424 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Twilight vamps are as hard as marble. What would happen if you shot marble? Edward would eat bullets and then heal. Spidey for all his blunt force abilities is not in Edward's league in the damage soak department. The thinks that were happening to him in his fights that staggered him, Edward would walk away from like it was nothing

@rogueshadow:I'm telling you they cannot be knocked unconscious because they cannot be. They don't sleep at all. And the twilight vamps are far more durable than spiderman. Edward would Embarrass the lizard from ASM. Also Edward would rip Spidermans limbs off as the first go to because that's how Vamps fight eachother so Spiderman is gonna die pretty soon. Spiderman, even if he has the strength to rip Edward apart, wouldn't and couldn't due to him being too slow to do so

I'm fully aware that they don't sleep, but that is never given as the reason they don't get knocked out.

He is not too slow, as I have said, he times electricity:

Loading Video...

Cullen is only faster in terms of travel speed.

#33 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Twilight vamps are as hard as marble. What would happen if you shot marble?

bullet will go through it, depending on it's thickness. It can go through bricks and whatnot.

Considering he was shortly tko'd being smashed hard enough just to crack floors, and was in bad shape from hits that were not even breaking large amount of stone, he's nowhere near as strong or durable as peter.

Edward would eat bullets and then heal.

That's not his durability, that's regeneration - which has limited showings.

Spidey for all his blunt force abilities is not in Edward's league in the damage soak department. The thinks that were happening to him in his fights that staggered him, Edward would walk away from like it was nothing.

This is false. The electric blasts he was repeatedly hit by were shattering stone and metal like nothing. Spiderman took several of them. Edward, on the other hand, was groggy from much less.

#34 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

I was holding the scene in reserve for next comments, lol. Oh well. The important part there is people around the two are able to make far less movements than bella, they're almost standing still - peter's scene is clearly faster.

#35 Posted by john_doe_0897 (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Only groggy from the force of being slammed by another VAMPIRE who was stronger than him and he was only phased for a second and then he was right pack up. Edward had to take special care to keep from accidentally killing Bella, that's how strong they are. Spiderman couldn't survive that fight with Felix, he would get dismembered after being declared an abomination by the volturi

#36 Posted by john_doe_0897 (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

I was holding the scene in reserve for next comments, lol. Oh well. The important part there is people around the two are able to make far less movements than bella, they're almost standing still - peter's scene is clearly faster.

We both know that was just to show an effect, The Twilight Vamps move insanely fast when running and doing things. There's a scene when Victoria is running away from wolves and the world is in slow motion as well. Directors don't make everything in slow motion like that because they're not focused on that aspect of things. They don't make scenes with comicvine battles in mind lol, but I wish hey did

#37 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@john_doe_0897 said:

@princearagorn1: Only groggy from the force of being slammed by another VAMPIRE who was stronger than him and he was only phased for a second and then he was right pack up.

The force in question, however, is incredibly unimpressive in comparison to spiderman - who can toss about cars strength-wise, and has taken many hits that were shattering stone and metal. Even lizard, who was wrecking through floor like butter.

Considering edward's reaction to something this small, he's not durable enough to tank any of the hits peter has taken at all.

Edward had to take special care to keep from accidentally killing Bella, that's how strong they are.

That should be quite common for someone who is anywhere near a ton in strength. Impressive for peak humans - not impressive anywhere after that.

Spiderman couldn't survive that fight with Felix, he would get dismembered after being declared an abomination by the volturi

I don't see any reason why not. He has clear superior feats in combat speed, strength, durability - all three categories which all the vampires specialize in..

We both know that was just to show an effect, The Twilight Vamps move insanely fast when running and doing things. There's a scene when Victoria is running away from wolves and the world is in slow motion as well. Directors don't make everything in slow motion like that because they're not focused on that aspect of things. They don't make scenes with comicvine battles in mind lol, but I wish hey did

It's not 'just to show effect', both fights are in slow motion, but judging from the reactions of average humans involved, peter is quite clearly fighting much faster against electro. Even if they don't make movies for comic vine, based on what they have shown for both sides, spiderman is much more impressive.

#38 Posted by Spiderman1997 (2348 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Only groggy from the force of being slammed by another VAMPIRE who was stronger than him and he was only phased for a second and then he was right pack up. Edward had to take special care to keep from accidentally killing Bella, that's how strong they are. Spiderman couldn't survive that fight with Felix, he would get dismembered after being declared an abomination by the volturi

That slam only shattered the ground. Electros blasts were far more powerful and Spiderman wasn't even in a bad shape after taking them.

#39 Posted by G-Dude (877 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman in a tough fight. Spiderman has superior reflexes and strength. While Edward may have better durability Spidey could crack with enough punches.

#40 Posted by those_eyes (17291 posts) - - Show Bio

this is some of the worst posters ive seen in this thread.

#41 Posted by john_doe_0897 (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes: This is some of the best posting I've seen in a thread. solid arguments on both sides and no name calling inspite of differing opinions

#42 Posted by Manbro22 (411 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Spiderman.

#43 Posted by john_doe_0897 (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#44 Posted by SithRevenant (969 posts) - - Show Bio

In the books, the newborn Vampires casually trash small towns and stack cars up(The Short Second Life of Bree Tranner).

Granted newborns are strongest at that point, but Edward and the others, despite being severely outnumbered, were described as easily trashing their army by Bree herself.

The only way Spider-man can win is if he can tear Edward's limbs off and burn him, if not Edward wins.

Given movie Edward was strong enough to fight Aro-who easily decapitated other Vampires with one hand-, could easily tear apart Newborn vamps, and was capable of fighting werewolves, then Spidey isn't doing any such thing.

#45 Posted by Homer_X (2387 posts) - - Show Bio

Edward

#46 Posted by lgh0stl (1224 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we take feats from the book, for Cullen's argument?
Well I will still side with Peter my main man . . freaking dude still got the time to see ghost while electro is about to bull rushed him.

#47 Posted by goatzilla (2203 posts) - - Show Bio

(Sighs), a Twilight thread?

#48 Posted by WF_Mxyzptlk (6794 posts) - - Show Bio

Cullen stomps.

#49 Posted by john_doe_0897 (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

Edward

#50 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15205 posts) - - Show Bio

That´s one amazing Spider-Man suit, I´m sad we´re not gonna see that costume in the MCU.