#1  Edited By john_doe_0897
oopsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By oopsen

@john_doe_0897: is Edward stronger in the book?

First round is close, idk if Edward is strong enough to get through Tony's suit.

But tony takes the second.

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oopsen: I'd call Edward a solid 10 tonner with 600mph+speed and diamond durability and super senses and telepathy

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony is never tagging Edward in round one and even assuming that Edward doesn't even hit back Tony will either pass out from exhaustion or the suit will run out of energy before Edward gases out. Tony honestly wouldn't get blitzed considering he could sorta dodge a tank missile, which is about five times faster than Edward, but his overall H2H speed is in Cap's/Bucky's class.

I could honestly see Edward winning R2 in a war of attrition. Tony's got some excellent firepower but with Edward's speed and precog I think he can just avoid them until he runs out and then it ends the same as R1.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stark both rounds

Edward overwank is real

BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq: tony could set his armor to fight on its own, negating telepathy. Also, Tony's mind is interfaced w the suit anyways. Don't see how Cullen's telepathy affects that.

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: @barelyaverage:Edward can wear the suit down, and beat it off of him in R1. And r2 he can dodge all the missiles and things until it be ones same as R1. how does IM win? Remember this is movie version

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony wins due to lasers. It might take him a while, since Edward's fast as hell and has super strength as well as TK, but since Edward's only real way of hurting Tony is H2H, he's likely to get tagged eventually.

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_doe_0897: lol iron man took hits from a tank shell and mjolnir, Edward isn't doing anything to him.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barelyaverage: Why would he think to do that? He shouldn't have any clue that Ed was using TP... and as long as Tony is conscious Ed can gleam some knowledge, like if Tony see a certain piece of tech being raised then Ed will know what is does, since Tony will think about it.

I don't think he gets an interface with his tech in MCU.

I'm not really sure how durable Iron Man is but Edward can punch pieces off, rip apart and cut through people with diamond durability, can throw severed limbs so hard that the vampire it hit was sent through a tree, he has a respectable fraction of Emmet's and Bella's strength (seeing as he can fight and beat them in H2H) and Emmet could armwrestle with the power of a cement truck doing 50+ km down a steep slope (a full cement truck is 35 tonnes), so he's about 60-70 tonnes with both arms, and that was nothing to Bella.

He also has this...

Loading Video...

For reference as to how heavy large rocks can be, this one is 340 tonnes.

No Caption Provided

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: I'm not saying he one shots obviously but he'll certainly wear him down over time ESPECIALLY IN R1. Edward has crushed through stone like nothing, and let's not pretend he's not a speedster either.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony wins due to lasers. It might take him a while, since Edward's fast as hell and has super strength as well as TK, but since Edward's only real way of hurting Tony is H2H, he's likely to get tagged eventually.

in character when has tony ever used lasers right away or more than 1 time?

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People often forget that Edward is poisonous, if Edward gets any bit of the suit off and exposes some flesh, he'll bite and Tony will be incapacitated by the pain.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for alucardvanwayne1800
alucardvanwayne1800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq: tanked literal tank shells and thors hammer edward isnt getting through that suit sorry

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley said:

I never said he leads with it, just that he wins due to it. To answer your question, though, he used it right off the bat against one of the Leviathans in The Avengers.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Speed wise newborn Bella could cover five of her steps (averaging 3.5 meters, probably higher factoring enhanced strength and agility) in 1/84th of a second, which is just over 650mph, in one large bound. She did this while gearing up for a greater jump. Also Edward can move his limbs faster than Bella can comprehend, although her enhanced strength means that her paces are over three time his and she is therefore faster, although not significantly so.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes said:
@mrunsmiley said:

I never said he leads with it, just that he wins due to it. To answer your question, though, he used it right off the bat against one of the Leviathans in The Avengers.

If he isnt going to use it right away why assume the fight will last long enough for him to use it last? The leviathan was far more of a threat than majority of the other opponents he fought and even some the opponents that were a great threat he still decided not to use the laser when it would have helped him more than his other attacks. So that type of attack is unlikely for him to get to use in this fight.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes said:

@mrunsmiley said:
@those_eyes said:
@mrunsmiley said:

If he isnt going to use it right away why assume the fight will last long enough for him to use it last? The leviathan was far more of a threat than majority of the other opponents he fought and even some the opponents that were a great threat he still decided not to use the laser when it would have helped him more than his other attacks. So that type of attack is unlikely for him to get to use in this fight.

It's not unreasonable to think that he'd resort to lasers quickly, especially once he finds out that Edward is a speedster. Tony's armor has tanked tank shells and hits from Mjolnir without falling apart, Edward isn't tearing him apart that easily.

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By john_doe_0897

@those_eyes said:

@mrunsmiley said:
@those_eyes said:
@mrunsmiley said:

It's not unreasonable to think that he'd resort to lasers quickly, especially once he finds out that Edward is a speedster. Tony's armor has tanked tank shells and hits from Mjolnir without falling apart, Edward isn't tearing him apart that easily.

Edward will surely dodge the laser. But what does Tony do in the h2h only battle, or do you concede he loses that

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_doe_0897: He definitely loses, because there's no way he can kill Edward just by H2H. Even if he breaks Edward's body down, he'll just reform.

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c70e557be5ab
deactivated-5c70e557be5ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony wins both rounds here.

Round 1: Tony can automate the motions of his suit. Like he did in Civil War. I saw some comments saying Edward is a speedster and he sees stuff in slow motion. Tony's suit can react to objects faster than he can. Ironman 2 he flies under an over pass being chased by a bunch of drones. Casually dodges their guns and missiles even though he's not looking at them.

Round 2: He just locks onto Edward and tags him with his whirling repulsors beams or a cluster of missiles. He could use his sound cannons to stagger Edward if he has any trouble tagging him.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By flashback0180

If he isn't jobbing Tony can kill ed,cap and ws at the same time .

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By Adriusus

Iron Man effortlessly stomps and proceeds to solo Twilightverse.

Inb4 Twilight wank.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e497e3f11e30
deactivated-5e497e3f11e30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HitTheAssasin

Iron man wins

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give Edward Cap's shield and he wins.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By noah_ouellette

@alphaq: @john_doe_0897: it really

Doesn't matter. Tony tanks mjolnir. If you even compare anything in twilight to mjolnir you should leave. Tony locked into quicksilver did he not.

GXrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony stomps. His suit literally has an "autowin" feature that allows him analyses his opponent's attack pattern and effectively counter them.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: I'm talking about the Iron Man Cap and Bucky fought, not the one from Iron Man 1.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution: Only if he can see it and scan it. The suit wouldn't be able to see Edward well enough to judge and in Civil War movie Tony is still the one fighting, the suit instructs him what to do. Which means Edward can hear his thoughts and see it.

@alucardvanwayne1800:Didn't Killian peel it off him like a hard boiled egg shell before? Edward is at least as strong as Killian honestly he would be stronger.

Also.. Edward is suppose to be fairly smart. If he sees a big o' glowing thing in the middle of the robot suit.. reason would be to destroy that. So one good punch to that would either Kill Tony outright or at the very least disable the suit.

Note MCU Tony has never fought a speedster.

Kute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration:

i disagree. cullen's pretty OP based on descriptions in the book. I know twilight is an abortion of literature, but it doesn't take away from how she described his capabilities

cullen murderwrecks

cvdebater666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cvdebater666

Always such an unfair treatment when it comes to non-comic book characters on here.

There is nothing stopping Edward from reading Stark's mind and him immediately punching out / throwing something through his Arc Reactor. If Captain America can keep up in hand-to-hand against Iron Man Edward surely can too.

In the movie he claims the Volturi is practically the only way for a vampire to commit suicide. That probably includes things like taking a shotgun to the face, jumping off a skyscraper, the heat of liquid metal in a casting foundry, a car crusher, etc. If Hulk had to catch Iron Man in the first Avenger movie from falling at terminal velocity an argument for Edward winning can easily be made.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Perpetr8rMike

@cvdebater666: Spoiler for civil war Well there was the issue with Rhodes falling from the sky and how much damage happened to him

I do agree people undercut the characters abilities because they hated the movie/book series. Most of which never read ro watched it. Get over it there have been Emo vampires for decades or Vampires falling in love with a human.

As for Suicide by Volturi, thats not 100% I am sure a car crusher could break them up, but they would reform, etc. Tony would have no idea to fire the remains to be sure he didn't get back up.

Kute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cvdebater666:

agree entirely. horrendous literature. but universe populated by characters doing wacky feats penned by an irrational illogical woman. don't take it personally ironman fans.

cvdebater666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cvdebater666

Meh comic books can get plenty silly themselves. For someone like me, the Ant-Man movie is literally unwatchable. The entire concept of his powers is utilized almost exclusively contradictory. And I love fantasy elements in movies. At least the Twilight Saga is consistent. That's the only comic book movie I have that with though.

There's silliness in every comic book character if you look for it. They just have the benefit of dozens of writers having been able to write something good around it. Take this thread for example: The whole concept of Iron Man's suit providing any more protection than the padding inside would allow for to absorb is complete nonsense. If it weren't silly and more realistic a single punch from Edward to his helmet would at the very least cause lifelong brain damage but would more than likely just result in instant death. But the execution is just really good.

I personally do not understand the hate for the Twilight franchise. To me they're perfectly enjoyable movies. But that's probably because I like supernatural elements so much I can forgive a lot. Ant-Man is the only comic book movie I can actually say I do not like. I even love movies universally hated like X-Men: Origins - Wolverine and Green Lantern.

GXrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution: Only if he can see it and scan it. The suit wouldn't be able to see Edward well enough to judge and in Civil War movie Tony is still the one fighting, the suit instructs him what to do. Which means Edward can hear his thoughts and see it.

Why? Last time I checked Tony is not blind. The suit is controlled by an advanced A.I. Tony doesn't have to be able to react to Edward.The A.I will track him and aticipate his attacks.

ComicVinero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edward is better H2H fighter, faster, stronger, more agile, I can imagine him destroying Tony´s suit

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution: except as shown in civil war Tony's suit did not fight Cap on its own. It just gave him advice on how to fight Cap, because none of his new suits have shown the ability to move on their own. Not after ultron.

Kute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as a random question, if ironman moved fast enough to fight with edward, what keeps tonys organs from being obliterated and shit by that kind of acceleration?

ArrowheadDip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Edward

Round 2: Stark

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am curious why you think that.

ArrowheadDip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arrowheaddip said:

I am curious why you think that.

Edward is probably fast/strong enough to beat Tony in the 1st round, but when Tony gets his arsenal into play in round 2, it's over.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c70e557be5ab
deactivated-5c70e557be5ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cvdebater666: @kute: @perpetr8rmike: His automated H2H does almost everything for him. If you watch Civil War, it doesn't show the computer telling him how to move his limbs. That would be extremely hard for a HUD to tell you exactly how to move. So, it's probably 100% automated.

His camera's shouldn't have any trouble picking up Edward. We have had high speed camera's in our world since the 50's to record atomic bomb blasts. Tony's tech is well beyond that. So I don't see why his camera couldn't just increase their frame rate.

That and the computer system doing all the reacting should give him the win for the first round.

As for destroying the arc reactor, only thing that has been successful doing that is Cap's shield. And that's from Vibranium.

As for breaking apart and burning them. I'm pretty sure the parts twitch when they're broken apart. I'm pretty sure Stark will realize that they're still alive and break them apart further. Then finally realize to burn them. He could grab 2 sticks from Hawkeye's farm to start the fire. Or he could chuck the pieces miles away it wouldn't kill him but it should incap him for a while. I don't think there is anything in the movies to show them coming together with the parts scattered that far.

As for suicide by the Volturi, I don't recall them saying that's the only way in the movie. I thought when I saw that movie was Edward was going for a dramatic suicide. Same thing as people who commit suicide by cop when they could just simply take sleeping pills.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arrowheaddip: his arsenal are all pretty close, or ineffective. Tank busting rockets are easy enough for Edward to dodge completely, normal caliber bullets would not hurt him and even higher caliber would not be fatal or even more than moderately annoying and he would heal from it fairly quick. The Omnilaser is his only trump card, but its got a short power supply and if Edward can dodge the laser for a few seconds its power supply is done. His repulser blasts are not normally lethal. As shown when he shot Falcon in the chest and it didn't even leave a lasting injury or put him out for more then a few moments. Edward could tank those blasts

Kute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wasnt payin much attention, why was ironman forced to duke it out fisticuffs with street levelers in civil war again?