Win by KO or Death

In character

Random Encounter

This is end of IW wanda

No Caption Provided

Scarlet starts on the far left

Maw far right

#2 Posted by SocaJunkie (9160 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised this hasn’t been done before, going with Wanda as she’s more powerful.

#3 Posted by Early_Cuyler (107 posts) - - Show Bio

She struggled too long against Promixa. I'm giving it to Maw since he took care of Dr. Strange with ease.

#4 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Witch because of her feat right at the end of the film.

#5 Posted by Early_Cuyler (107 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Black_Arrow (10291 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda by the end of the film could probably beat Ebony.

#7 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16548 posts) - - Show Bio

Ebony

#8 Posted by strangetales (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Maw

Most versatile with his power and uses it better

#9 Posted by SocaJunkie (9160 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup.

#10 Posted by SocaJunkie (9160 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by FFbcoat (130 posts) - - Show Bio

Maw might take it and he dominated Strange, not that Strange didn't give him a fight but Ebony Maw was simply better, remember he shows up in flashbacks with Chitauri so has probably helped Thanos kill planets for many years, who knows maybe thousands of years battle experiences. I think Wanda has more blast/power output but Maw is way too fast, tricky, skilled and versatile. At one time he's fighting Ironman, Strange, Wong and Spidey all at the same time. Even reacting easily swatting people away as he owns Strange and as Spidey and the Cloak chase after him.

#12 Posted by Jestersmiles (9826 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised this hasn’t been done before, going with Wanda as she’s more powerful.

Only I come up with the best battles.

No Caption Provided

#13 Edited by EjorpSnruteR (916 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda only had trouble cause she was busy worrying about Vision.

Girl's feats are much better than Maw, though Maw is definitely no joke.

#14 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12637 posts) - - Show Bio

Leaning Wanda

#15 Posted by AlphaQ (6615 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda wins this one.

Maw has the advantage in that he barely moves when using his TK and we saw how big a difference that made against Strange, when Strange decided to get serious and use the Time Gem he was able to counter by restraining him before he could bring his greater power to play. Wanda typically uses hand movements when she uses her TK and energy projection, so it is conceivable that Maw could restrain her to momentarily counter (I say momentarily because she can use AoE without moving) and possibly kill her. As someone said, Wanda was having some issues defending from some of the weaker members of the Black Order, and I reckon they have slower combat speed than Maw considering he can attack from many angles at once simultaneously. I don't remember many reaction feats for Maw, except keeping up with Strange and casually deflecting that Black Order member Iron Man punched towards him... Wanda has him beat by feats considering her feats with Ultron's bots. Where Wanda has a huge advantage is in power, considering her holding Thanos as bay and ragdolling one of those giant war machines, her better AoE, better shields and her ability to use her TK directly on her foes, which Maw never used IIRC. If Wanda wanted to she could one-shot, there's no question of that, and I don't think the same could be said for Maw, although he could potentially take her out by blindsiding her since he's more skillful with TK. Maw's personality is less suited for combat than Wanda, he likes to monologue and defend from the beginning, whereas Wanda is a warrior.

#16 Posted by SocaJunkie (9160 posts) - - Show Bio

@alphaq said:

Wanda wins this one.

Maw has the advantage in that he barely moves when using his TK and we saw how big a difference that made against Strange, when Strange decided to get serious and use the Time Gem he was able to counter by restraining him before he could bring his greater power to play. Wanda typically uses hand movements when she uses her TK and energy projection, so it is conceivable that Maw could restrain her to momentarily counter (I say momentarily because she can use AoE without moving) and possibly kill her. As someone said, Wanda was having some issues defending from some of the weaker members of the Black Order, and I reckon they have slower combat speed than Maw considering he can attack from many angles at once simultaneously. I don't remember many reaction feats for Maw, except keeping up with Strange and casually deflecting that Black Order member Iron Man punched towards him... Wanda has him beat by feats considering her feats with Ultron's bots. Where Wanda has a huge advantage is in power, considering her holding Thanos as bay and ragdolling one of those giant war machines, her better AoE, better shields and her ability to use her TK directly on her foes, which Maw never used IIRC. If Wanda wanted to she could one-shot, there's no question of that, and I don't think the same could be said for Maw, although he could potentially take her out by blindsiding her since he's more skillful with TK. Maw's personality is less suited for combat than Wanda, he likes to monologue and defend from the beginning, whereas Wanda is a warrior.

I was about to type this.

#17 Edited by EjorpSnruteR (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie said:
@alphaq said:

Wanda wins this one.

I was about to type this.

All that? Do you two share a mind link or something?

Gimme feats of this mind link pls.

#18 Posted by AcroKat (7384 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda wins.

#19 Posted by SocaJunkie (9160 posts) - - Show Bio

@ejorpsnruter:

We have the same opinions of random characters and have read the same books, we also put a respect thread together on a relatively unknown character so we do indeed have a mind link.

Feats? We've talked to eachother telepathically from hundreds of miles away like Rey and Kylo.

#20 Posted by AlphaQ (6615 posts) - - Show Bio

@ejorpsnruter:

We have the same opinions of random characters and have read the same books, we also put a respect thread together on a relatively unknown character so we do indeed have a mind link.

Feats? We've talked to eachother telepathically from hundreds of miles away like Rey and Kylo.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they even got the idea for Swolo from SocaJunkie.

#21 Posted by AlphaQ (6615 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe if we had telepathy, I'd be able to beat SJ in chess, but unfortunately that's never happened.

#22 Posted by SocaJunkie (9160 posts) - - Show Bio

@alphaq said:

I'd trade in my muscles for your near perfect memory.

#23 Posted by PayneInTheAss (12060 posts) - - Show Bio

Maw, Wanda struggled with inferior Black Order

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#24 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@alphaq said:

Wanda wins this one.

^

#25 Edited by AlphaQ (6615 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie said:
@alphaq said:

I'd trade in my muscles for your near perfect memory.

Deal! Lol.

You tell sweet lies.

Avatar image for amethystgravity
#26 Posted by AmethystGravity (2372 posts) - - Show Bio

While I think Wanda seemed a bit underpowered towards the beginning of the film, her feats at the end make me inclined to give her the victory.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
#27 Posted by ProteusXManRxis (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda.

#28 Edited by The_Kidd (12432 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda is more powerful but Maw has precision and is not weak himself, he is able to restrain Thor, launch Iron Man into the air effortlessly. Maw was clowning Strange, Wong & Spider-Man. He only loses if he toys with Wanda which he probably would.

#29 Posted by marvelfan1992 (3159 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda has more raw power for sure, but Maw seems to be A LOT more skilled and I feel that is more important here

#30 Posted by Alavanka (2675 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to tell. I feel like Scarlet Witch's lack of combat skill is what is dragging her down. She does fine when there is a clear target in front of her, but she gets overwhelmed if her opponents are in her face. And it doesn't take much to knock her around. Maw doesn't have the firepower to trade with Wanda though, and he mainly uses the environment. A playground isn't going to give him much to work with. I feel Maw can take this on the streets or in a factory, but it's hard to imagine what he can do with a playground.

#31 Posted by oceanmaster21 (15392 posts) - - Show Bio

maw

#32 Posted by EjorpSnruteR (916 posts) - - Show Bio
@alavanka said:

Hard to tell. I feel like Scarlet Witch's lack of combat skill is what is dragging her down. She does fine when there is a clear target in front of her, but she gets overwhelmed if her opponents are in her face. And it doesn't take much to knock her around. Maw doesn't have the firepower to trade with Wanda though, and he mainly uses the environment. A playground isn't going to give him much to work with. I feel Maw can take this on the streets or in a factory, but it's hard to imagine what he can do with a playground.

She looked to be doing fine to me when Proxima separated her from Vision. Even surprised, cause she hasn't shown much in CQC before.

#33 Posted by Cregan_Stark (5423 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Witch seems to have more raw power overall. However Maw is much more skilled, smooth and quick with his power. He uses his effortlessly and quickly while SW loads up more often than not.

I think Maw would beat her until she got truly angry and then she’d kill him.

#34 Posted by Laiks Stake (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda's TK is considerable more powerful, maybe way more powerful? But Maw is so much more skilled than Wanda that this isn't even funny.

#35 Posted by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio

wanda

Avatar image for deactivated-5c30485311cf6
#36 Posted by deactivated-5c30485311cf6 (1211 posts) - - Show Bio

Maw, but only because he's more experienced and more skilled at using his powers. Wanda surpasses him in raw power though.

#37 Edited by Kyz011 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Maw wins.

Summary: Ebony Maw has way better control over his powers, and is far more skilled, but Wanda has greater firepower, so I say Maw Wins.

Wanda most definitely has greater power, by a long shot. However, Maw seems like he has way more control when it comes to their powers. If you watch A:AOU, Captain America: Civil War, or Avengers Infinity War, you'll notice that Wanda has pretty good control, but not amazing, but look at Maw in Infinity War, all he needs to do is simple hand gestures and he'd fling someone away, Maw also appears to be able to carve things with simple hand gestures as well, such as when he turned bricks into spikes, and shot them at Strange. Maw also restrained Strange when he tried to use the Time Stone, yes you called it, with a simple hand gesture. He also flung Iron Man into the sky by doing, AGAIN, a simple hand gesture. If you look at Civil War, in the big airport scene, Wanda used both of her hands to throw Black Panther away from Bucky. When Iron Man blasted Cull Obsidian into Ebony Maw, right before they collided, Maw used a very basic hand gesture to throw Cull Obsidian into a car. Maw bested Strange, Stark, Spiderman, and Wong in a matter of seconds. Wanda also has done amazing things, like throw a large vehicle, like, really large, into the air, killed Proxima Midnight, and destroy an Infinity Stone. Overall, I'd still have to give the win to Maw, because Maw seems to have a pretty good reaction time, and amazing control over his Telekinesis, fighting skills, and knowledge. And not to mention, Maw also split a car straight down the middle by holding his hand out. So in that case, Maw wins.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#38 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda

No Caption Provided

#39 Posted by stl9997 (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda handily due to feats and context

#40 Posted by Mister_Surreal (11885 posts) - - Show Bio

Ebony Maw 8/10.

#41 Posted by pokuston (4 posts) - - Show Bio

scarlet easily. she would make ebony kill himself.

afaik ebony doesn't master mind magic. but even without mind magic she would succeed. he would have really hard time to get through her force shield. his only change is to be quick and get her by surprise..

#42 Posted by AngelJax (11863 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Witch

#43 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

#44 Posted by ANTHP2000 (29640 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda takes it.

#45 Posted by Shaladue (552 posts) - - Show Bio

The Maw and easily too. He would literally just stand there and with the flick of the wrist have her impaled or strangled by the mulch on the playground lool.

#46 Posted by Lan_Fan (16919 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda should win easily.

#47 Posted by Cognitive (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda if she's bloodlusted and not jobbing.

#48 Edited by Soratoumiga (4287 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda

#49 Posted by TonyStark6999 (2723 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda

#50 Edited by Mister_Surreal (11885 posts) - - Show Bio
@mister_surreal said:

Ebony Maw 8/10.

My mistake. I forgot that Wanda is blood-lusted. She wins 10/10.