Dying Itachi vs Endgame Thanos and his Army

• 51 results
StealthGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Dying Itachi vs Endgame Thanos and his Army (70 votes)

Itachi solos Thanos and his Army 56%
Thanos and his army decimated him 7%
Thanos solos comfortably 16%
Genjutsu GG 17%
Totsuka blitz GG 4%

This is Itachi when he fought Sasuke (before he dies)

Tsukuyomi is restricted but other abilities, ninja tools are permitted

Itachi has knowledge

Thanos has IG, blade, the Black Order, hundred Outriders, Chitauris and dozen leviathans

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love thanos, but itachi solos

LimitlessSigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solo king Solo's

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Itachi solos. This might even be a stomp (I'm pretty sure it's a stomp).

Kalebsmarty156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a shitstomp.

Itachi neg diffs the entire verse.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SkySanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi takes them to school.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I'm not sure Itachi has the stamina. He'll have to amaterasu Thanos and the Leviathans and there's no way he can do that 13 times.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Statues get gg’d

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi wins casually.

AGrape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi scales off batgod so this is a mismatch.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This wank...

Dying Itachi has no chance here against all of that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5d8c614fa9a
deactivated-5d5d8c614fa9a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only his finger........

No Caption Provided

/thread

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

WOWOWOW I messed up.

If Thanos has the IG then Thanos Team wins comfortable.

But I voted without realizing that Thanos had the IG (I assumed you would restrict it for obvious reasons), and in THAT scenario, the MCU team gets Blitzed and can't penetrate Susano'o.

EmperorMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for swordofdamocles
SwordofDamocles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi has knowledge

Thanos has IG

Itachi uses genjutsu to make Thanos snap himself and his army away.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOWOWOW I messed up.

If Thanos has the IG then Thanos Team wins comfortable.

But I voted without realizing that Thanos had the IG (I assumed you would restrict it for obvious reasons), and in THAT scenario, the MCU team gets Blitzed and can't penetrate Susano'o.

But Itachi has knowledge, so he just uses genjutsu and makes Thanos use the gauntlet against his own team.

Avatar image for swordofdamocles
SwordofDamocles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi has knowledge

Thanos has IG

This. Thanos team have zero chance.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Djibbo__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch in our Lord favor

uchihaghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi makes thanos snap his army out of existence.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

@alextheboss: Thats not how Genjutsu and the Gauntlet work. Its hard to explain, but I think that having all 6 stones, Specifically the Reality, Mind, and Soul stones, would allow Thanos to heavily Resist Genjutsu and see through any illusions, especially when you exclude Tsukuyomi. Thats mostly heresay but other characters have attempted to use Illusions against IG wielders before and it fails every time, notably, Dr Strange comes to mind from IW.

Beyond that, For thr Gauntlet to work relies on the Reality Stone, which is an incredibly difficult power to control and actually utilize to your advantage.

Im on mobile so ill just use this Copy-Paste from Reddit to explain the Reality Stone alone, in tandem with the Gauntlet:

“Thanos says it requires great intellect and imagination to even grasp its power, let alone operate it. You want to create chocolate - but did you really? What is that chocolate you want? Milk or dark? Can you envision the subtleties of its flavor? The chemical composition? Can you divorce the physicality of your envisioned chocolate from the emotionally charged experience of your girlfriend feeding you a piece five years ago? If you apply heat, does it boil or freeze? What temperature? What is its viscosity?

Or is all that 'chocolate' just a mere memory of a taste riding on a tide of dim recollection?

As an average person, all that stuff seems 'obvious' until you actually try to pin it down - then you see how many misconceptions and missing facts you had. It's a problem that pops up often in the gulf between layman perception and computer science:

https://xkcd.com/1425/

I believe the Reality gem requires you to very, very thoroughly envision what you are trying to bring into reality. Reed-98570 here surely thought, at least a few times, 'I wish all the heroes attacking me would disappear:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102593/3040905-f-18.jpg

But even he couldn't just poof them out of existence. He had to kill them one by one. Even the Infinity Gauntlet is not a sentient wishing lamp. It can't parse vaguely expressed desires in a language intended more for distributing fruit among monkeys than describing the nature of the universe. Instead, in the end all he got was something that he already understood the properties of - a shitload of energy

The Hood had the same problem when he got his hands on the Power and Reality gems. He should have been unstoppable, right?

Nope: https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/57845/1527857-power001.jpg

He expressly states that it's much more involved than just wishing for something. In the end, he never figured out how to use them to their full power.

While the power of the gauntlet may be limitless, the person wielding it certainly is not, and even more so for the Reality gem. It seems trivial to be limited by the imagination, but that's only because we imagine our imaginations to be much vaster than they actually are.“

TL;DR: Its not as simple as “Genjutsu GG” when dealing with the fundamental building blocks of the Universe. Itachi would have to do more than change Thanos’s perception of the world around him, he would have to change his Worldviews and the psychology of the Mad Titan, which I really doubt he’d be able to do to a Normal Person without Kotoamatsukami, let alone Thanos.

SWA2point0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swordofdamocles said:

@alextheboss said:

Itachi has knowledge

Thanos has IG

Gold

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redshift_bacon: But the stones aren't passively activated. I'm sure Thanos could dissolve a genjutsu with the stones if he realized he was in an illusion, but if he snaps away his team before realizing it he would be screwed.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

@alextheboss: Again, its not as simple as "tricking Thanos into beliving he is snapping Itachi" the Infinity Stones require much more intimate thought than that. Thats why Malekith with the Aether didn't just instant-bang the 9-Realms with the Reality Stone, because he doesn't have the mental capacity to do it. He doesn't Understand what the Aether is, or rather, what it CAN be. In the same way, Thanos would have to activate the Mind and Soul stones to Snap. That would instantly make him aware that he is in a Genjutsu.Thanos certainly isn't going to Snap himself no matter how effective the Genjutsu, And Thanos alone is the only real threat to Itachi due to the massive Speed advantage that Itachi has. Since I have proven that the Stones require more than just Intent to work, the Snap would not be effective in doing what Itachi intended it to do. If that were the Case, Dr. Strange, Mantis, or Wanda could have used an Illusion to make Thanos snap his own army.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swordofdamocles said:

@alextheboss said:

Itachi has knowledge

Thanos has IG

Gold

This

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e
deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redshift_bacon: If Tony can trick Thanos so can Itachi, the stones aren't passive.

Avatar image for miraclecomeback
MiracleComeBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he makes them believe they won

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redshift_bacon: Illusions and a telekinetic mind attack aren’t really the same thing. Wanda has used TP before, but she had to touch their heads to do that iirc, which is not something Thanos would let happen. I don’t remember Dr. Starnge using mind attacks, I just remember him using illusions, but if there is a time he used mind control I would like to see it.

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Genjutsu Thanos to fight for Itachi.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

@mister_stark: Thats not even close to the same thing lmao. Thanos snapped and nothing happened. He had the intent in his mind he just didn't have the tools and he immediately realized when he snapped that he didn't.

@alextheboss said:

@redshift_bacon: Illusions and a telekinetic mind attack aren’t really the same thing. Wanda has used TP before, but she had to touch their heads to do that iirc, which is not something Thanos would let happen.

K.

"There was no other way"

OT: Thanos Snaps. He doesn't have to look at Itachi or even open his eyes to do it. Even if Thanos did Snap his Army (which is a huge stretch), the Use of the Snap would immediately awaken from the Genjutsu and he would just Snap again.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Noone1996

Genjutsu is a powerful thing. Especially when used by Itachi. He can one-shot everyone here with even his weakest mind attacks. Let alone using it to put others against one another. Itachi isn't getting tagged either. Even with low stamina and dying, he can still pull this off even without using the Mangekyo Sharingan.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redshift_bacon: Those are all hypothetical, Thanos was hypnotized by the alien girl, so we know he is susceptible to mind attacks. If mind attacks don’t work then Thanos probably wins with the gauntlet.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:

Honestly I'm not sure Itachi has the stamina. He'll have to amaterasu Thanos and the Leviathans and there's no way he can do that 13 times.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

@alextheboss: Don't get me wrong I think that Genjutsu would effect Thanos, I just don't think that Itachi would be able to use Genjutsu to make Thanos snap himself.

He could use it to make Thanos think he is weak, and hit him with Totsuska, but then again he would have time to reverse it using the Time stone, or turn the Totsuska blade into butter with the Reality Stone, or teleport out of the way with the Space stone.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

dot578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dot578

GG

if mantis could brain dead thanos for a few seconds itachi could trap him for easy

plus INAZANAMI

thanos captured within his own mind due to his ego and desires (like kabuto)

itachi takes the ganulet vapes army

LimitlessSigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: Don't get me wrong I think that Genjutsu would effect Thanos, I just don't think that Itachi would be able to use Genjutsu to make Thanos snap himself.

He could use it to make Thanos think he is weak, and hit him with Totsuska, but then again he would have time to reverse it using the Time stone, or turn the Totsuska blade into butter with the Reality Stone, or teleport out of the way with the Space stone.

Things Thanos literally never did in any of the movies... Not in character, and lets be honest, Thanos was a moron in terms of utilizing the IG.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

@limitlesssigil said:

Things Thanos literally never did in any of the movies... Not in character, and lets be honest, Thanos was a moron in terms of utilizing the IG.

He did do that in the movies though...

Reverse time using the Time stone:

No Caption Provided

Remaking Reality with the Reality Stone:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Teleporting & Catching Weapons with the Space Stone:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Finding the Real Dr. Strange (through Illusions) using the Soul Stone (Notice which 2 stones Light Up in the 1st GIF):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

LimitlessSigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LimitlessSigil

@redshift_bacon said:
@limitlesssigil said:

He did do that in the movies though...

Reverse time using the Time stone:

Remaking Reality with the Reality Stone:

Teleporting & Catching Weapons with the Space Stone:

Finding the Real Dr. Strange (through Illusions) using the Soul Stone (Notice which 2 stones Light Up in the 1st GIF):

My point specifically was the frequency in which he performed them, there were hundreds of instances where he could have turned an opponent into bubbles or atomized them or Reversed time but the fact remains he only did so a handful of times, and yet you seem to think he's going to instantly turn Totsuka blade into bubbles or Reverse time.

Itachi is much much faster than even Thanos, to the point where Thanos gets blitzed

Itachi is much much more intelligent than even Thanos

Itachi can put Thanos under Genjutsu and Thanos will have no idea he's even under it

Itachi has Sharingan precog which means no one here is ever tagging him with anything, especially Thanos

Itachi has knowledge and is fully capable of decapitating Thanos, (Pretty sure Thanos can't reverse time if he's already dead, feel free to prove me wrong)

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

@limitlesssigil: I understand your arguments and disagree.

Thanos in EG is very different from Thanos in IW.

Avatar image for deactivated-66376b8b3c92c
deactivated-66376b8b3c92c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi.

Adi_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Adi_Frost

Solo king strikes again.

Avatar image for onlyoneempereor
OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi still stomps. He can literally use mind control on Thanos to make him fight his own army while Itachi sits there and watches.

jodiobase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clears mcu via amaterasu

Pizzagod342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers