Dutch(predator) vs. John Rambo

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Dutch..played by Arnold Schwarzenegger in Predator....is going head to head with John Rambo!!! The location is Washington state forest. Rambo had his trusty knife and Bow and explosive arrows, Dutch has his spear and home made bow with explosive tipped arrows. They both start 1 mile away from each other, and both are allowed to set traps. Wo wins and why?

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Guess I'll start by saying both men are extreme survivors,,,while Dutch has killed a predator which seems like a greater feat, Rambo is a one man army who was survived many conflicts. Let's not forget I'm going off of the movie versions not the comic predator. In predator 2 a predator loses to an aged nypd officer played by Danny glover so it's not the huge feat you may think. It's still a great fight though

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think Rambo wins.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Guardiandevil83

I think Rambo could have beaten the predator as well. That being said I believe he would eventually over come any challenge Dutch would provide. It was stated by his commanding officer that Rambo was trained to survive the most hostile environments imaginable. And not only that, his pain threshold was insane. He was held as a pow and tortured for days. Took on an entire police force in a wilderness setting they should have known like their own backyards, and tore out a mans throat with one arm at over fifty years old. Since your using the younger Rambo..Dutch is smoked like his Name.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@Bane_of_sith said:

Let's not forget I'm going off of the movie versions not the comic predator. In predator 2 a predator loses to an aged nypd officer played by Danny glover so it's not the huge feat you may think. It's still a great fight though

Sorry, but that's just silly. Whether he's being played by Danny Glover doesn't change the f*ck that cop was a bad mofo. The opening scene establishes that right off the bat when he charges the armed goons in his car and takes then all on. His character was thouroughly exposed as being the baddest cop in the NYPD.

The fact that it was Danny Glover who was playing him makes no difference to that fact.

Also Dutch wins. I'll take the guy who can take a predator over rambo any day.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bane_of_sith

It was more a statement of his age not his character, Danny glover is a bit older that's all, I know he's badass but he is definitely no spring chicken..it's proof that you don't have to be special forces to beat a predator

sam51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sam51

rambo´s got this

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fondofpacman

Hmm, in that forest with just bow-and-arrows, I'd lean towards Rambo. He was in Nam, so that means additional woodland combat experience, maybe enough to give him the slight edge over Dutch, who I honestly think to be the more badass character in general, even if he's just an expendable asset (mostly because Arnold plays him). Also, in the last Rambo movie, Rambo killed like 300 guys, so if you're using that version of him, he's got some crazy feats.

But in urban combat with modern weapons, I'd at least consider putting my money on Dutch...partly because he has better one-liners.

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spartan101

@sam51 said:

rambo´s got this

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Rambo. Though Dutch's victory over The Predator is admirable, I still think that Rambo would win. It was clearly implied that throughout the film Predator was toying with the squad, picking them apart one by one and making them paranoid. From my observations, this version of The Predator was somewhat arrogant. However, Dutch was shown to defeat an advanced alien with nothing more than wood and a few other objects. Rambo in Rambo 4 was shown to be extremely accurate with bow and arrows and was a complete killing machine, he was shooting then straight to the head with his bow and arrows. The OP states that Rambo has his arrows and knife, both were shown to be tactical and well thought out with their traps but I think Rambo was more impressive with the traps he made. Remember, that Rambo has 4 films worth of feats. Given Rambo's superior tactical ability, weapons and experience, I think he has this.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11 the_stegman  Moderator

I was gonna make this thread, but since it's already here, I'll just bump this!

DaredevilDD78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

gotta go with Rambo

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything from the weapons to the environment favors Rambo, so Rambo for the win.

With modern weapons and somewhat urban environment... I'd say Dutch has a chance but probably still John Rambo.

With modern weapons and both guys leading a team of soldiers against each other... Dutch.

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

They are both expert survivalists so it is a tough call, but In the end I'd side with Rambo. Rambo went into the wilderness with nary any clothes and one knife and essentially did the same thing as Dutch (construct weapons/traps/shelter/fire) who had better equipment. Something else to consider are the forests in which they survived. Rambo had to fight the elements in a North American boreal forest whereas Dutch had the luxury of surviving in a warmer climate.

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xtreme1

Rambo wins. He's had the benefit of more movies and therefore has many more feats. While Dutch had a good showing in one movie, it wasn't enough to say that he could defeat Rambo under these conditions. Especially considering that Dutch's main weapon for most of the movie was a gun while Rambo has many feats with a bow.

Avatar image for vine_instrumentality
vine_instrumentality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With these weapons I give it to Rambo but if for some reason it comes to h2h Dutch wins decisively as he took blows from a predator that can rip spines and skulls out of a body and lift Dutch effortlessly with one arm.

zill0678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bane_of_sith: Assuming that both know about the other. Rambo has better stealth fears but I'm now that translates to Dutch outsmarting a predator. I'm sure both could replicate each other's feats as far as traps and stealth with Rambo being better by a small margin. Rambo hands down wins as far as bow feats and that should be the deciding factor but since arrows and explosives are limited I can see a way that it comes down to either melee weapons or h2h. Now on those conditions with melee weapons it's stalemate or Rambo and with h2h I'm giving it decisivly Dutch on the grounds that he fough and survived a predator and a nuclear explosion and has a streagth feat of at minimum a ton total body strength and max 2.5 tons total streagth. The trunk log and single handedly pulling that tree down via rope.

Cowboy17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bane_of_sith: @mrdecepticonleader: @guardiandevil83: @sam51: @fondofpacman: @spartan101: @frozen: @thedckid: @daredevildd78: @quickfingers26: @xtreme1: @vine_instrumentality: @zill0678: Honestly guys Dutch can beat Rambo sure Rambo has accomplished amazing feats but Dutch has defeated a Predator which is more tougher and dangerous than Rambo. Rambo has the advantage over stealth and weapons Dutch has the advantage of strength, durability, and combat. Dutch can outsmart Rambo as well as he did to the Predator who is a more skillful hunter. Dutch wins.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it could go either way, but if I had to choose, I would go with Rambo.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Dutch wins. He knows when to quit, not to make to many movies and have them go To shit

Abcd1234567891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bane_of_sith: Well to be fair, the Predators won't kill the Elderly.

Frozone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly think it could go either way. If I HAD to choose one to win I would go with Rambo personally. His knack for guerilla warfare seems better than Dutch as well as him having better overall feats as Dutch didn't even really beat the Jungle Hunter it was extreme luck (plot) that killed him so his only real good feat was circumstantial. However, if were using current Dutch he would win. He was injected with predator DNA and even though he should be retired he fights like a 40-year-old and hasn't aged thanks to the cells keeping him from aging that, he should be stronger, faster, than any man further proof of his claim that he is more dangerous than when he was in Vel Verde proves to me current Dutch can win.