Duo Mid Semi Finals: Highaccuser vs Zetsumoto (Voting open now)

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sirfizzwhizz  Online

@highaccuser:

• Chapter 2 Jin Mori
  • Weather Wizard
  • I Have Willpower Damnit! Your team can easily brush off mental/soul attacks with no problem.

@zetsumoto:

• Yato Gami
  • Maka Albarn
  • I Reveal My Trap Card. Your team now has full knowledge, and 1 day prep on the battlefield to make the battle in their favor.

Rules:

• Time Control of any kind.
  • Shrinking Killing.
  • Telebombs inside the body.
  • No Ki/Chi/Mana/Magic/Psychic/Ect attacks above city block in potency.
  • Ki/Chi/Mana/Magic/Psychic/Ect are all interchangeable forces.
  • True Immortality. They must be incap or killed in reasonable way.
  • Molecule manipulation.
  • Summoning anything more than 3. Must fit limits above.
  • Gear must fit rules above.
  • Death or KO.
  • No BFR.
  • Random encounters.
  • In character.
  • Standard gear. As in gear that is use more than once, and easily attainable from the user.

Battlefield:

Start 50 feet apart.

No Caption Provided

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sy8000

@zetsumoto Just copying my earlier OP.

Weather Wizard

No Caption Provided

Mark Mardon a.k.a. Weather Wizard is a consistent member of the Flash Rouges with a wand that lets him control the weather (although there are implications that he became a metahuman at some point and doesn't actually need the wand.

Character profiles:

I am using composite Pre and Post Flashpoint feats for Weather Wizard. With that he uses weather manipulation to act as a range fighter with a wide range of options, mainly lighting and wind storms but his powers aren't limited to those. For displays of power, his lighting is powerful enough to collapse skyscrapers.

For a more imposing display of power he does noticeable damage to the polar ice cap by melting it with repeated lightning bolts.

For wind manipulation Post Flashpoint Mardon redirects the course of a magnet train and carries its weight over to a nearby building.

Pre-Flashpoint is significantly more powerful in this (and all but one) respect. He can create massive tornados that threaten city blocks shredding buildings and sucking up cars as a casual display.

Other view of same tornado, it can be seen towering over skyscrapers.

No Caption Provided

Mark is also capable of intensely raising the temperature in a local area and creating heat waves:

No Caption Provided

Jin Mori

No Caption Provided

Jin Mori a.k.a. Jecheondaeseong a.k.a. Sun Wukong is the protagonist of God of Highschool. Later in the series he regains memories as Monkey King and vastly high tier level power. I'm using the version before this from chapters 1-108. Although he doesn't have the stats of his later versions this version of Mori is still a very good mid tier with a level of martial arts skill and knowledge not normal for his tier.

Martial Arts Knowledge:

Mori has two main martial art styles he uses primarily: Re-Taekwondo and Nabong Needle Ryu. He occasionally mixes in moves copied from other characters but those two are his core styles.

Renewal Taekwondo

Re-Taekwondo was developed as an answer for Itf Taekwondo. Itf Taekwondo itself is an incredibly refined martial art which draws from Kung Fu and numerous other techniques picked out for their various strengths to achieve perfection. A skilled user can defeat 50 martial artists without any damage or difficulty.

Re-Taekwondo is developed successfully as a counter and superior style to Itf.

Mori lived up to this by quite soundly defeating an Itf Taekwondo user who displayed the strength to cause large and powerful shockwaves that filled the ring and sliced outwards toward the arena (remember that neither Jin nor his opponent are superhuman in-universe and this is all a tier of stats achieved by skill).

Re-Taekwondo is extremely potent to the point of being extremely superhuman. Taejin, Mori's teacher and the creator of the style is capable of kicking away island busting swords thrown at him from orbit by giant angels without effort:

For confirmation of size they can be seen towering over mountains:

No Caption Provided

Mori has never been compared to Taejin so I won't use scaling to claim he can replicate these feats. The point is to put into perspective the level of feats attainable in God of Highschool via skill, and Mori is a master of one of the most potent martial arts in the verse.

Nabong Needle Ryu

Nabong Needle Ryu a.k.a. Bongchim Nah style is needle-less acupuncture. Fitting in with the other martial arts in God of Highschool it allows extreme Wuxia-tier effects such as nullifying pain and healing injuries which Mori himself has shown. He uses it to heal Il-Pyo who'd bleed out so much Nanomachines and Borrowed Power couldn't heal him and he was moments from death:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

For immediate relevance in melee it gives Mori the means to let him drop his opponents. This is how opponents appear to Mori:

No Caption Provided

Mori can easily knock out his opponents this way, helplessly immobilizing a superhuman opponent with a single move in a state where his vision was blurry.

Images are in reverse order.

This will do for now. I have a solid range and melee fighter combo and will get more into feats and arguments as the debate goes on.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto Come on I wanna see you clear this tourney with your broken setup. Where you at?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@deathhero61: Yea, I was planning on getting a post up this weekend. Been a bit busy though, family member's birthday.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sirfizzwhizz  Online
Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zetsu-San

@highaccuser:

Yato Gami

No Caption Provided

Since you are obviously a fan, I'll keep this short and sweet. Yato is a former god of calamity whose existence has long since been forgotten by humans. In order to prevent himself from disappearing, he has chosen to reinvent himself as a god of fortune; willing to perform any task or grant any wish for a simple 5 yen coin (Basically the Shinto equivalent of making a wish at a fountain). On the outside, he maintains a childish and whimsical facade. On the inside however, he's cold, cunning, and will do whatever it takes to protect what's his.

As a deity, Yato possesses a wide range of abilities such as teleportation, levitation, super-speed, immense strength, barriers, and so on. He has also mastered a wide variety of weapons, the most notable being a katana and wakizashi.

Perhaps his most important ability however is a passive aura that causes him to blend into the background. Yato isn't invisible per say, but rather those around him subconsciously ignore his presence unless he chooses to interact with them. Only those who are especially sensitive to the supernatural are capable of seeing him, and even then; most people forget his existence shortly after conversing.

Stats:

Durability:

Yato has enough strength and durability to run through brick walls, and tank explosive lightning blasts:

Speed:

Yato is fast enough to react to lightning bolts and cut bullets out of the air:

Note, that these are not ordinary guns. They are magical weapons, and despite being revolvers, the bullets are able to hit with enough force to break the ground throw up a large amount of dust and debris:

No Caption Provided

In order to hit with that much force despite being so small, the bullets would have to be moving at considerably greater speeds than normal.

Maka Albarn

No Caption Provided

Maka is what's known as a Weapon Meister. Meister's are humans who are skilled in the spiritual arts and specialize in hunting monsters. Each Meister is partnered with a person with the ability to turn into a weapon. In Maka's case, she wields the powerful death scythe known as Soul Eater

As a Meister, Maka specializes in manipulating souls, energy blasts, and anti-magic. She's also a highly skilled martial artist, and can generate a symbiotic armor made entirely out of blood.

Stats:

Durability:

Maka's armor allows her to survive massive amounts of blunt force trauma. She is easily at the very limit of what this tourney allows:

Speed:

Like Yato, she is also fast enough to dodge magical bullets:

Initial Thoughts:

Morals:

The first thing I'd like to point out, is that this fight takes place in an highly populated city. As far as I am aware, Jin Mori is a fairly heroic character. He may not be a super boy-scout, but I believe it's likely that he'd want to avoid as much collateral damage as possible.

Weather Wizard on the other hand, is the exact opposite. He has absolutely no problems summoning twisters in populated areas, or tossing trains filled with people into buildings.

You do not have perfect team work, nor do you have a morals off perk. So unless you prove that Weather Wizard would be willing to hold back in order to avoid alienating his partner (Not saying that he wouldn't); I foresee a lot of in-fighting between your characters. In any case, when you pair a hero and a villain the way you have, there's certain to be a decent amount of friction irregardless.

Now, assuming that Weather Wizard is willing to comply, this would his usage of weater manipulation to a decent degree.

Knowledge:

My characters have full knowledge on yours. We know what you look like, what your powers are, how they work, and so on.

With that in mind, your characters have no knowledge about mine whatsoever. You do not know what we look like, what our powers are, where we are. Nothing.

Not only does this lack of knowledge mean that both of my characters can easily blend into the general populace, it also makes the idea of indiscriminately killing civilians to try and draw us out; all the more tempting for Weather Wizard. Which again, would lead to conflict between your two characters.

To make matters worse:

Neither of your characters can see Yato:

As I stated earlier, Yato isn't invisible per say, but rather those around him subconsciously ignore his presence unless he chooses to interact with them:

Only those who are especially sensitive to the supernatural are capable of seeing him, and even then; most people forget his existence shortly after conversing. Now, while I am aware that current Jin Mori has the ability to become a god, you did not post any feats in said form. I'm going to assume that that's because said form is over the limits, and as such you have chosen a weaker/earlier form of Jin Mori. So unless that form of Mori has some form of spiritual awareness, neither of your characters will be able to detect Yato until it's too late.

Strategy:

As soon as we are dropped into the match, Yato and Maka will fly around to scout out the area for strategic positions, vantage points, etc.

Finally, we will utilize Soul Resonance:

https://youtu.be/vYcn56jgjW0?t=348

This will maximize our teamwork and coordination, as well as massively amplify our stats:

With Soul Resonance, Maka and her team were capable of moving at massive blur speeds, and that was BEFORE she had her Death Scythe upgrade:

If these two weren't already at the very peak of what's allowed in the tourney, they would certainly be so now.

As soon as the battle starts, Maka will immediately use her soul sensing prowess to locate your characters. Her spiritual sensing abilities are extremely powerful. She's able to spy on people all over the world, and even locate them as far as the moon:

Now, your characters have no method of locating mine. You have no knowledge on what we look like, or what our abilities are. Furthermore, you have no way of detecting Yato's presence.

With that in mind, Yato will find a safe position, and assassinate both of your characters with a single precise swing of his blade:

He doesn't even have to get in close to do this. The sheer wind from Yato's blade is capable of cutting through an immensely powerful lightning dragon.

No Caption Provided

As you saw in Yato's durability scans, the above lightning god is capable of causing immense explosions that approach City Block level in power.

Yato's slashes are also potent enough to cut through an immensely powerful blast from the heavens.

https://youtu.be/QTVxhVKbE4w?t=1080

Furthermore, the strikes themselves move fast enough to blitz even other gods from massive distances (Noragami deities are easily in the Mach 3+ range):

No Caption Provided

Yato easily has the highest firepower in this entire tourney. Not only do his attacks approach the limits of what the tourney allows, it's also concentrated into raw cutting power; thus increasing the raw penetrative potency of his attacks into something well beyond any character within this tourney's limits is capable of defending against.

Again, Yato is fully capable of cleaving through any defenses your characters may possess. It will go through their physical durability, their armor, their shields, and whatever else you may possess.

Furthermore, because your characters cannot detect Yato's presense, Yato is free to fire from a position in which he can strike both of your characters at the same time, as well as eliminate all risks of collateral damage.

If anything goes wrong, Yato can simply teleport to Maka's location for a regroup and try again:

An Additional Inquiry:

I read that Weather Wizard is capable of manipulating the Weather Wand's powers long distance. How does this work exactly?

If it's some sort of telepathic/psychic link, then Maka is capable of hijacking the wand's power, and manipulating it herself with her "Soul Hack" ability:

The above is NOT a soul or telepathic attack, as she is not assaulting your mind or soul directly. Instead, she is simply intercepting your signal and manipulating it herself. This works on anything that is controlled telepathically/spiritually, whether it's an object or power.

Summary:

• My characters have far more like-minded personalities, as well as what is essentially a built in perfect teamwork perk in Maka's Soul Resonance ability.
  • Your characters on the other hand, consist of a hero and a villain. This is likely to cause a certain degree of friction between your characters, which will only be exacerbated by the current situation.
  • Furthermore, your characters have no knowledge on mine. Neither of your characters are capable of detecting Yato, nor are your characters capable of recognizing him (or Maka) even if you could.
  • Your characters are also incapable of locating mine, whereas Maka's sensing abilities would allow us to locate you as soon as you appear.
  • You have not really shown any decent movement speed feats for Weather Wizard. As such, my team would see him as the weakest link (as well as the biggest threat to the general populous) and would prioritize him as a target. There is absolutely no way he would be capable of surviving Yato's initial attack.
  • That leaves Jin Mori, whose ranged capabilities seem extremely limited compared to my team's. At least, based on feats shown thus far. He also does not appear to be capable of flight.
  • Yato can pretty much one-shot either of your characters. In fact, unless they split up, he could one shot them both at the same time.

Bottom line, my team outclasses yours in teamwork, raw power, range, versatility, and mobility.

I take my leave with a badass AMV:

Loading Video...

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: Just saw this now actually. Looks cool.

@sirfizzwhizz can you clarify where the characters start in relation to each other? I ask because a current argument is that mine won't recognize his, but I would assume our teams start within sight of each other.

Sirfizwhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: right above the two towers and just after the bridge with that patch of green. Middle of he map pretty much.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: right above the two towers and just after the bridge with that patch of green. Middle of he map pretty much.

Okay, but are the teams looking at each other at the start?

Sirfizwhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto:

Morals:

The first thing I'd like to point out, is that this fight takes place in an highly populated city. As far as I am aware, Jin Mori is a fairly heroic character. He may not be a super boy-scout, but I believe it's likely that he'd want to avoid as much collateral damage as possible.

Weather Wizard on the other hand, is the exact opposite. He has absolutely no problems summoning twisters in populated areas, or tossing trains filled with people into buildings.

You do not have perfect team work, nor do you have a morals off perk. So unless you prove that Weather Wizard would be willing to hold back in order to avoid alienating his partner (Not saying that he wouldn't); I foresee a lot of in-fighting between your characters. In any case, when you pair a hero and a villain the way you have, there's certain to be a decent amount of friction irregardless.

Now, assuming that Weather Wizard is willing to comply, this would his usage of weater manipulation to a decent degree.

Mori wouldn't be concerned with damaging the environment over winning the battle. He wouldn't want to hurt civilians, but aside from not really having the power to stop Weather Wizard from doing anything once he reaches the air, Mark wouldn't even kill normal bystanders by the end of Pre-New 52. The Rouges have rules against that:

Blackest Night: The Flash #3
Blackest Night: The Flash #3

Mark still typically goes all out despite this and managed to operate on a high level without killing anyone.

Knowledge:

My characters have full knowledge on yours. We know what you look like, what your powers are, how they work, and so on.

With that in mind, your characters have no knowledge about mine whatsoever. You do not know what we look like, what our powers are, where we are. Nothing.

Not only does this lack of knowledge mean that both of my characters can easily blend into the general populace, it also makes the idea of indiscriminately killing civilians to try and draw us out; all the more tempting for Weather Wizard. Which again, would lead to conflict between your two characters.

Our teams start out looking at each other. I fail to see how they could slip away while being attacked. The simple fact that my team will be aware of yours from the get go puts a damper on this entire possibility.

Neither of your characters can see Yato:

As I stated earlier, Yato isn't invisible per say, but rather those around him subconsciously ignore his presence unless he chooses to interact with them:

Only those who are especially sensitive to the supernatural are capable of seeing him, and even then; most people forget his existence shortly after conversing. Now, while I am aware that current Jin Mori has the ability to become a god, you did not post any feats in said form. I'm going to assume that that's because said form is over the limits, and as such you have chosen a weaker/earlier form of Jin Mori. So unless that form of Mori has some form of spiritual awareness, neither of your characters will be able to detect Yato until it's too late.

Mori should have this covered quite well given Charyeoks (Borrowed Powers) which are just summoned spirits are a common ability in GoH. Explanation for Charyeok:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

For evidence of Mori being able to detect these he avoids several projectiles generated by Charyeok mid combat:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Counters:

As soon as we are dropped into the match, Yato and Maka will fly around to scout out the area for strategic positions, vantage points, etc.

Flying would make your characters stand out and lose the element of uncertainty you were banking on.

With Soul Resonance, Maka and her team were capable of moving at massive blur speeds, and that was BEFORE she had her Death Scythe upgrade:

Not seeing how this can be quantified above FTE/abstract blur level which won't register to Mori.

As soon as the battle starts, Maka will immediately use her soul sensing prowess to locate your characters. Her spiritual sensing abilities are extremely powerful. She's able to spy on people all over the world, and even locate them as far as the moon:

This feat took time and focus. She wouldn't be given that time in actual combat and Weather Wizard can cloak my team very quickly by making fog. He does this fast enough that Zoom and Inertia couldn't move before it had spread so much trying to run would've been dangerous.

No Caption Provided

With that in mind, Yato will find a safe position, and assassinate both of your characters with a single precise swing of his blade:

He doesn't even have to get in close to do this. The sheer wind from Yato's blade is capable of cutting through an immensely powerful lightning dragon.

As you saw in Yato's durability scans, the above lightning god is capable of causing immense explosions that approach City Block level in power.

Yato's slashes are also potent enough to cut through an immensely powerful blast from the heavens.

https://youtu.be/QTVxhVKbE4w?t=1080

Furthermore, the strikes themselves move fast enough to blitz even other gods from massive distances (Noragami deities are easily in the Mach 3+ range):

Mori should be able to easily counter this given he's countered ranged attacks of a similar ilk before. He countered an air pressure attack fast enough to ignite air while handicapped and enveloped it with his own. Granted the air was made dry which is why there was so much fire but it would've required speed just to make it ignite in the first place. By virtue of that alone it should be faster than Yato's attacks.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Also I see nothing city block level for Yato in the feats above. Furthermore Weather Wizard is passively defended by the weather which means he's protected against this attack even if he doesn't see it. I don't see why hurricane force winds wouldn't disperse the air pressure.

No Caption Provided

Yato easily has the highest firepower in this entire tourney. Not only do his attacks approach the limits of what the tourney allows, it's also concentrated into raw cutting power; thus increasing the raw penetrative potency of his attacks into something well beyond any character within this tourney's limits is capable of defending against.

Weather Wizard has vastly superior range than what Yato has shown. He can generate city level phenomena with thunder storms.

This applies to wind manipulation as well:

No Caption Provided

Again, Yato is fully capable of cleaving through any defenses your characters may possess. It will go through their physical durability, their armor, their shields, and whatever else you may possess.

Irrelevant if they simply block it rather than tanking.

If anything goes wrong, Yato can simply teleport to Maka's location for a regroup and try again:

Considering they're in Weather Wizard's range as long as they're in the city I seriously doubt they'll be given the necessary peace to come up with a plan.

An Additional Inquiry:

I read that Weather Wizard is capable of manipulating the Weather Wand's powers long distance. How does this work exactly?

It's not made clear exactly and it doesn't appear to be long distance. This is the instance where Mark showed remote control of his Wand:

If it's some sort of telepathic/psychic link, then Maka is capable of hijacking the wand's power, and manipulating it herself with her "Soul Hack" ability:

The above is NOT a soul or telepathic attack, as she is not assaulting your mind or soul directly. Instead, she is simply intercepting your signal and manipulating it herself. This works on anything that is controlled telepathically/spiritually, whether it's an object or power.

I'm a little unsure how this isn't a soul attack because it still involves attacking my team with soul manipulation. Just taking control of the wand would be ineffective too, as she'd have to take control of Weather Wizard too given he doesn't actually need it for his power. It's strongly implied he just keeps it for psychological reasons (which is supported by his son having lightning crackling in his eyes). At this point he should logically just be a metahuman with the same abilities as the original Weather Wand.

No Caption Provided

Unless he's actually aware Maka's hacked into his wand he likely wouldn't even notice it, and unless she can somehow control the wand with no prior experience she won't be able to match him in that field. Also the fact that attacking the wand is useless means Maka would need to hack into Weather Wizard directly which is prevented by my perk.

Retaliating:

With your initial attacks defended against, my team would be able to see yours as they'll have to expose any cover they may have had to attack. With that done Weather Wizard can assault them both at once with city level range. His lightning will be particularly hard to deal with. Yato has deflected lightning, but there's no evidence it was moving at natural speeds while Mark's lightning has been difficult for Wally to dodge implying it moves as fast as it should (possibly faster given even Superman sees lighting in slow motion):

Furthermore with composite feats Weather Wizard has his Post-Flashpoint knowledge of how to create absolute zero blizzards which your team can't possibly resist with normal durability:

So your team will have to deal with absolute zero winds they can't possibly tank that blanket the entire city. Considering Mark has reacted to his own lightning from another Weather Wand he should be able to react to their attacks and track their movements just fine.

No Caption Provided

With that and tornados to take care of flight I don't see why he can't take out both your team at once offensively. He might not be able to detect Yato on his own initially, but I'll need more evidence to suggest Yato is undetectable once he's started attacking. If either of your characters break free of Weather Wizard's attacks somehow Mori would engage them in CQC and beat them. His striking power is enough to fracture Judge R's arm.

Same R who can trade blows with Judge Q that slice apart a distant factory with the air pressure they generate.

While Yato may have comparable or better stats, Mori would still have a large advantage with skill while Maka most definitely doesn't have better stats and taking flight would be a poor idea with Weather Wizard in the vicinity.

Conclusion:

Your strategy is banking on a surprise attack that seems very unpractical to try mid-combat. Even if it succeeds there's no reason my team wouldn't recover and overwhelm yours with superior range and power attacking yours with AoE and CQC they won't overcome. Weather Wizard in particular is far more powerful than your team and near impossible for them to beat once tricky tactics fail.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a794b61068b8
deactivated-5a794b61068b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser:

Initial Thoughts Part 2:

Morals:

Mori wouldn't be concerned with damaging the environment over winning the battle. He wouldn't want to hurt civilians

I find that hard to believe. This isn't the same as busting up an arena and causing some property damage. This is a populated city. Even if Weather Wizard managed to summon a giant storm without causing a single death (which is a ridiculous concept, since tons of people would die just because of the lack of transportation during emergencies), they would be destroying thousands of homes, businesses, and so on. They would be ruining lives.

I understand that Mori often gets caught up in fights, and doesn't notice collateral damage to the environment, but doing that in the city is a different beast entirely. Especially since this isn't even him getting caught up in a fight, this is someone he's working with going around destroying things willy-nilly.

but aside from not really having the power to stop Weather Wizard from doing anything once he reaches the air

So Mori has no counters for flying enemies? That's good to know. lmao

Mark wouldn't even kill normal bystanders by the end of Pre-New 52. The Rouges have rules against that:

First off, all that scan says is "no killing women and children". It does not say that they don't kill period. Furthermore, there is absolutely no way to summon a giant environment destroying storm without it causing casualties. So if Mark really is as soft as you say, then he is going to hold back. If he doesn't hold back, then once again, I don't believe Mori will work with him. Even if he can't harm Weather Wizard once the Weather Wizard reaches the air, I don't foresee aiding him in any way once my characters target him. Especially since, from my understanding, Mori is much like Goku in that he ENJOYS a challenge (like trying to take on 2 people at once).

Knowledge:

Our teams start out looking at each other. I fail to see how they could slip away while being attacked. The simple fact that my team will be aware of yours from the get go puts a damper on this entire possibility.

Nope. I start on the battlefield an entire day before you. So I am free to set up shop however I want. Since I won't be standing in the same place when the fight starts, we won't have the same starting distance:

No Caption Provided

Seeing Yato

Mori should have this covered quite well given Charyeoks (Borrowed Powers) which are just summoned spirits are a common ability in GoH. Explanation for Charyeok:

For evidence of Mori being able to detect these he avoids several projectiles generated by Charyeok mid combat.

Different stories have different mechanics. In some stories ghosts can be seen by anyone, in other stories only certain people can see ghosts. Can you prove that one must be spiritually sensitive to see that spirit sword? If not, then it's not a spirit sensing feat.

Also, being able to summon spirits doesn't prove spirit sensing either. Even in Noragami, normal people can summon gods.

Your Counters:

Flying would make your characters stand out and lose the element of uncertainty you were banking on.

Nope. I have a full day before you appear on the battlefield.

This feat took time and focus.

That feat only took time, because she was scanning the entire planet. Here she doesn't even need to scan a full city block before she spots you. Especially since you guys are powerful, and thus would stick out like a sore thumb:

She wouldn't be given that time in actual combat and Weather Wizard can cloak my team very quickly by making fog. He does this fast enough that Zoom and Inertia couldn't move before it had spread so much trying to run would've been dangerous.

Fog won't help against Maka's spirit sensing, which obviously works through solid objects:

Furthermore, Weather Wizard has no reason to open with a fog. You guys have no knowledge other than you are in a city, and there are 2 people you have to kill. With neither of us in sight, you guys are far more likely to try and get your bearings than start obscuring your own vision before having located a target.

Mori should be able to easily counter this given he's countered ranged attacks of a similar ilk before. He countered an air pressure attack fast enough to ignite air while handicapped and enveloped it with his own. Granted the air was made dry which is why there was so much fire but it would've required speed just to make it ignite in the first place. By virtue of that alone it should be faster than Yato's attacks.

The fire spread because the air was dry and dense. Nothing about that scan says that it was ignited due to wind pressure. In fact, the character he was fighting, Park Il Pyo, is specifically listed as having the ability to manipulate fire.

Here he instantly makes flames in the palm of his head, no wind-pressure friction necessary:

Also I see nothing city block level for Yato in the feats above

Seriously?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTVxhVKbE4w&feature=youtu.be&t=1080

How in the the world do you not see this feat as being city block level?.

Furthermore Weather Wizard is passively defended by the weather which means he's protected against this attack even if he doesn't see it. I don't see why hurricane force winds wouldn't disperse the air pressure.

First off, any evidence that this passive protection still works against someone supernaturally hidden?

Really? You don't see why "hurricane force winds" would fail to disperse a city block level attack concentrated into raw cutting power? If you can block that, then you are WAY above limits.

Based on feats you have shown thus far, if Yato were to put a city block level of force behind his swing, he'd cleave you out of the sky, along with a good chuck of your storm cloud:

Weather Wizard has vastly superior range than what Yato has shown. He can generate city level phenomena with thunder storms.

We aren't that far away from you, so I don't see why the size of your attacks matters. If you mean that you can generate high pressure building destroying winds that cover an entire city, then I'll just direct you to the rules:

No Ki/Chi/Mana/Magic/Psychic/Ect attacks above city block in potency.

Irrelevant if they simply block it rather than tanking.

Any defenses that can perfectly block an attack with as much penetrative power as Yato's would be well over the limits. If Yato can't penetrate your defenses, then no one in this tourney can. For all intents and purposes, you are pretty much claiming your character is invulnerable, which would be against the rules for obvious reasons.

Considering they're in Weather Wizard's range as long as they're in the city I seriously doubt they'll be given the necessary peace to come up with a plan.

We had an entire day to plan this. All planing would have been done in advance. This is just plan A-Z. Though I doubt you'd survive plan A, since you have no defense against Yato simply 1 shotting both of your characters with a stealthy wind slash.

The Inquiry:

I'm a little unsure how this isn't a soul attack because it still involves attacking my team with soul manipulation.

I am not attacking you, I am just interrupting your own broadcasts. This is the equivalent of intercepting a radio signal. A soul attack would be trying to destroy the broadcaster itself.

she'd have to take control of Weather Wizard too given he doesn't actually need it for his power

Not true either. In order to control he weather, you are obviously broadcasting some sort of signal into the atmosphere in order to control the environment, and that is something Maka would be able to intercept and take control over:

Your Retaliation:

With your initial attacks defended against

Not at all. You guys are literally getting dropped into a random (populated) city out of the blue, with your only info being that you have a common enemy, somewhere...

Meanwhile one of my characters is invisible to both your characters, and you guys wouldn't even know he's an enemy if you could see him (which you won't since he can also strike you through obstacles).

With no additional information, I doubt you guys would immediately do anything other than try and look around to gain your barrings.

If you do that, then Yato assassinates you from a range. If Weather Wizard flies into the air, and immediately summons a storm, then Yato cleaves him out of the sky to minimise casualties:

Remember, Maka's soul perception would instantly locate your characters and the resonance means they are spiritually/mentally linked and with perfect coordination. Yato would know exactly where your characters are at all times.

His lightning will be particularly hard to deal with. Yato has deflected lightning, but there's no evidence it was moving at natural speeds while Mark's lightning has been difficult for Wally to dodge implying it moves as fast as it should (possibly faster given even Superman sees lighting in slow motion):

Wally (or comic characters in general) aren't exactly the pinnacles of consistency. What speed is he actually going in that scan? It looks like generic blur speeds. Definitely fast by this tourney's standards, but I highly doubt he's going at full speed, since by all logic, a non-jobbing Wally would have Weather Wizard knocked out and in cuffs before he could even blink.

Gods like Bishamon can already run through an entire city at blur speeds within a single page:

No Caption Provided

Yato is quite a bit more agile than she is:

No Caption Provided

With the above, it's pretty clear that deities in Noragami are easily within the mach 4-5 range. Despite this, an entire army got blitzed by Yato's long ranged cutting attack.

If Yato does that from close or even mid-range, there's really nothing your characters can do to counter it. Especially since they have no way to predict it happening in the first place.

So your team will have to deal with absolute zero winds they can't possibly tank that blanket the entire city.

Nothing to suggest he'd open with that, or have time to do so even if he did.

Considering Mark has reacted to his own lightning from another Weather Wand he should be able to react to their attacks and track their movements just fine.

You just hyped up Weather Wizard's lightning as possibly being faster than actual lightning, and now you are showing him physically reacting to it? Did you forget the speed limit is Mach 5?

Also, Yato took a hit from a far more powerful blast of lightning, than anything your scans have shown thus far, and he was still standing afterwords.

Those tiny blasts would be like bug zaps to him.

He might not be able to detect Yato on his own initially, but I'll need more evidence to suggest Yato is undetectable once he's started attacking.

I already posted scans explaining its exact mechanics:

Yato's cloaking is passive. He will continue to remain undetected until he specifically interacts with you. So yes, him cleaving you in half would render him visible to your character. Not that that would help you since you'd be... You know... Dead...

Same R who can trade blows with Judge Q that slice apart a distant factory with the air pressure they generate.

lol neither of those scans hold even a candlelight to Yato's pressure cutting ability.

You are seriously saying that this:

Is comparable to this:

More Strength/Durability stuff for Yato

Bishamon can not only cleave through buildings with her Buster Sword, but also swing hard enough to cause a shock-wave; shattering glass and causing hurricane level winds all throughout the area (She has also swung it hard enough to flatten a bunch of trees):

Yato has no problems blocking her blows. In fact, he can even do it from a completely awkward position, and recover fast enough to flip on to her blade:

Mori would still have a large advantage with skill while Maka most definitely doesn't have better stats and taking flight would be a poor idea with Weather Wizard in the vicinity.

Yato has centuries of experience under his belt. You might learn fast, but that doesn't mean you can replicate the tactical mindset of an ancient war-god.

Also, you couldn't be more wrong about Maka. I'll just give that it's own section.

Maka's Stats:

Speed

Not seeing how this can be quantified above FTE/abstract blur level which won't register to Mori.

This isn't just some quick FTE dash. She along with all the people amped by her, are zipping around him so fast it looks like a twister:

And that's an outdated version of Maka, who didn't have a Death Scythe.

After getting her Death Scythe, she is able to dodge a magic cannon ball that instantly blew through multiple mountain peaks:

That was also with just the Death Scythe, and no Soul Resonance. Without Soul Resonance, Maka had tons of issues dealing with the above character's smaller projectile barrages:

As soon as she used Soul Resonance however, she boosted her speed to so much that she was able to casually outmaneuver every single barrage:

In fact, she didn't just outmaneuver the bullets, she straight up blitzed him once they were in close range:

If you want more, I can go into how fast magic bullets are in this series. There is a guy with duel pistols that can shoot through entire Egyptian pyramids. A sniper that can snipe 10 kilometers (with less than 1 mm of drift/drop potential--- RL Rifles can't even snipe 1 kilometer without having to account for drift) and even snipe people on the moon (note the moon in this setting is within the atmosphere, but above the clouds).

Strength/Durability:

Again Maka's blood armor can tank hits powerful enough to cause massive craters:

Asura is strong enough to kick off the ground with enough force to cause a crater, a large shockwave, and enough speed to smash through a high level forcefield:

Here Maka is able to hook and pull Asura with her scythe, and with the help of Blackstar; strike him hard enough to send him smashing into the moon below them:

Add in Soul Resonance (which boosts BOTH Maka AND Yato), and that should eliminate any doubts that Maka and Yato are both at the absolute pinnacle of the allowed stats within this tourney.

Summary:

• You have not proven that either of your characters can detect Yato. Most importantly you have not proven Weather Wizard can detect Yato and if he goes down then it's pretty much over for your team.
  • You have forgotten that my characters have been in the city for an entire day before you arrived.
  • Again, you have zero information on us and no way to locate us. You are literally just arriving in the city with the goal of hunting down a common enemy. I don't believe your characters would instantly take aggressive tactics without even knowing who the enemy is. That'd be like summoning a storm before he's even decided what bank he wants to rob.
  • I can locate you instantly and one-shot Weather Wizard with a single strike. Yato has the highest penetrative power in this entire tourney. No level of allowed defenses should be able to block his attacks.
  • You hyped up Weather Wizard's lightning as being faster than real lightning (due to tagging Wally) then immediately showed your character physically reacting to said lightning despite Mach 5 being the limit.
  • Unless I misunderstood your quote about early Mori, not being able to stop weather wizard once he's in the air, you have openly admitted that Mori has very little ways of dealing with flying opponents. Once WW is out of the picture, he's screwed as I have 2 ranged flying characters.
  • Maka's blood armor should protect her against your pressure point strikes.
  • Even a 1 on 1 between Mori and Yato (Or Maka) would essentially boil down to a master martial artist trying to take down a master swordsman, with his bare-hands. Add in the fact that Yato's slashes cut further than his actual blade, and there's really no way for Mori to win such a confrontation. Especially not with Maka's aid.

I take my leave with a badass AMV:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I will be reviewing the thread in advance to get ahead and attempt to make better points in case I get tagged for votes....

So far, so good for both sides as my initial thoughts....

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn these posts though. This is gonna be good.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sy8000

@zetsumoto: Ugh...I had most of my post typed up but it got deleted because the site didn't warn me it was about to go to another page for some reason...I'll give you the win. I don't know if I could've won anyway.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: lol why do you have 2 accounts named basically the same thing?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sirfizzwhizz  Online
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ultimate_Knight

Well...this match went well....

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sirfizzwhizz  Online
sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sirfizzwhizz  Online

@highaccuser: @zetsumoto: Been twelve days and want to get to finals. 2 thick ass post for each. Putting to votes.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: I already gave him the win, but I guess putting it to votes should be fine with two posts.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sirfizzwhizz  Online

@sirfizzwhizz: I already gave him the win, but I guess putting it to votes should be fine with two posts.

yeah, the post are chalk full of info. Enough to vote on.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@zetsumoto: Why is this up for voting Accuser conceded (webpage deleted his post) .

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: Why is this up for voting Accuser conceded (webpage deleted his post) .

I dunno. SFW just decided to do so, and Highaccuser said that's fine.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a794b61068b8
deactivated-5a794b61068b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought HA dropped this match. I'm reading another CaV atm so I'll try to get to this one tmrw.

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ultimate_Knight

So...I uh...give Zetsumoto the vote.

I would say they both did good in making their posts as precise, as easy to understand, and as short as possible.

highaccuser's team seem to have a wide range of destructive capabilities, but kind of softened with the whole morality issue and other partner possibly clashing as well.

I like the seeming notion that instead of trying to prove this feat is more impressive therefore I have a better chance, Zetsumoto seems to rely on strategy and barring the rules and context behind the match into account for some exploits.

Speaking of rules, bringing up the fact that highaccuser supposedly went above limits by scaling showings with Wally West (a guy most of us should be aware is way above limits in the tournament) and casual attacks being above city block level was a near seal in the deal for me too be honest.

From what I have read, Yato's ranged slashes are city block attacks compressed to cutting right?

I would say highaccuser would have definitely benefited if his or her next post went through and not get eaten by site errors.

Sorry to the one who did not get my vote.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By NeonGameWave

@zetsumoto gets my vote. @highaccuser did an amazing job in representing his characters but zetsumoto delivered on all fronts IMO. He did great job in countering HA`s points and convinced me that his team would win in this scenario although the match was close, zetsumoto prevailed again thanks to his awesome and very elaborate debating style. His points and formatting was more in-depth as well as more strongly suited to his respective characters but HA did a marvelous job in countering respectively and his debating style was very amazing as well. So overall while this match was VERY close, zetsumoto edged it for me due to his strategy and planning in relation to his respective characters.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

yatohollowclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By yatohollowclub

yato had the best presentation so he would win but it is a little confusing this tournament

No Caption Provided