Duo Mid Finals: Mr Ingenuity vs Zetsumoto (VOTING OPEN!!!!)

• 87 results
sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@zetsumoto:

• Yato Gami
  • Maka Albarn
  • I Reveal My Trap Card. Your team now has full knowledge, and 1 day prep on the battlefield to make the battle in their favor.

@mr_ingenuity:

• Mimic (Exiles)
  • Gang Woojin (Trinity Wonder)
  • I Have Willpower Damnit! Your team can easily brush off mental/soul attacks with no problem.

Rules:

• Time Control of any kind.
  • Shrinking Killing.
  • Telebombs inside the body.
  • No Ki/Chi/Mana/Magic/Psychic/Ect attacks above city block in potency.
  • Ki/Chi/Mana/Magic/Psychic/Ect are all interchangeable forces.
  • True Immortality. They must be incap or killed in reasonable way.
  • Molecule manipulation.
  • Summoning anything more than 3. Must fit limits above.
  • Gear must fit rules above.
  • Death or KO.
  • No BFR.
  • Random encounters.
  • In character.
  • Standard gear. As in gear that is use more than once, and easily attainable from the user.

Battlefield:

No Caption Provided

Start 50 feet apart.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zetsu-San
Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By DeathHero61

Sigh......if I didn't get cheesed out by TP/Sshenanigansgens, this could have been me......... I actually want to root against you now.....

Edit: Wait what the hell happened to SFW?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zetsu-San

@deathhero61: He always drops out of his tourneys before semi-finals.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mr_ingenuity  Moderator
Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: Yea. I was planning on making my post earlier, but kinda procrastinated instead. lmao

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yato Gami

No Caption Provided

Since you are obviously a fan, I'll keep this short and sweet. Yato is a former god of calamity whose existence has long since been forgotten by humans. In order to prevent himself from disappearing, he has chosen to reinvent himself as a god of fortune; willing to perform any task or grant any wish for a simple 5 yen coin (Basically the Shinto equivalent of making a wish at a fountain). On the outside, he maintains a childish and whimsical facade. On the inside however, he's cold, cunning, and will do whatever it takes to protect what's his.

As a deity, Yato possesses a wide range of abilities such as teleportation, levitation, super-speed, immense strength, barriers, and so on. He has also mastered a wide variety of weapons, the most notable being a katana and wakizashi.

Perhaps his most important ability however is a passive aura that causes him to blend into the background. Yato isn't invisible per say, but rather those around him subconsciously ignore his presence unless he chooses to interact with them. Only those who are especially sensitive to the supernatural are capable of seeing him, and even then; most people forget his existence shortly after conversing.

Stats:

Durability:

Yato has enough strength and durability to run through brick walls, and tank explosive lightning blasts:

Speed:

Yato is fast enough to react to lightning bolts and cut bullets out of the air:

Note, that these are not ordinary guns. They are magical weapons, and despite being revolvers, the bullets are able to hit with enough force to break the ground throw up a large amount of dust and debris:

No Caption Provided

In order to hit with that much force despite being so small, the bullets would have to be moving at considerably greater speeds than normal.

Maka Albarn

No Caption Provided

Maka is what's known as a Weapon Meister. Meister's are humans who are skilled in the spiritual arts and specialize in hunting monsters. Each Meister is partnered with a person with the ability to turn into a weapon. In Maka's case, she wields the powerful death scythe known as Soul Eater

As a Meister, Maka specializes in manipulating souls, energy blasts, and anti-magic. She's also a highly skilled martial artist, and can generate a symbiotic armor made entirely out of blood.

Stats:

Durability:

Maka's armor allows her to survive massive amounts of blunt force trauma. She is easily at the very limit of what this tourney allows:

Speed:

Like Yato, she is also fast enough to dodge magical bullets:

Strategy:

As I have a full day to prepare for your arrival, much of it will be spent scouting out the area and getting the lay of the land.

Once it gets near the time in which the battle would start, we will find a sniper position and utilize Soul Resonance:

https://youtu.be/vYcn56jgjW0?t=348

This will maximize our teamwork and coordination, as well as massively amplify our stats.

With Soul Resonance, Maka and her team were capable of moving at massive blur speeds, and that was BEFORE she had her Death Scythe upgrade:

If these two weren't already at the very peak of what's allowed in the tourney, they would certainly be so now.

As soon as the battle is about to begin, Maka will immediately use her soul sensing prowess to locate your characters. Her spiritual sensing abilities are extremely powerful. She's able to spy on people all over the world, and even locate them as far as the moon:

Since one of your characters is a powerful ki user, he'd show up like a giant lightbulb to her:

As soon as your characters are located, Yato will fire-off his "rend" ability. These are powerful slashes capable of cutting through heavenly magic as well as cause massive city block sized explosions:

https://youtu.be/QTVxhVKbE4w?t=1080

As this is a sneak attack, it's unlikely your characters would be able to react to it as Yato has used his slashing abilities to snipe other deities (Noragami gods are easily in the mach 4 range) faster than they can react. Especially when you consider that Yato has a passive aura that makes him completely unnoticeable to those who do not have spiritual sensing abilities:

A direct hit from such an ability would one-shot your characters, as Yato's attacks are the max damage output allowed for this tourney (city block level), concentrated into pure cutting power. No-one within the durability limits of this tourney would survive a direct hit.

Even if you did manage to avoid the a slashes themselves, you would not be able to outrun the resulting explosion. The speeds of explosions are determined by the size/blast-power (larger explosions, expand at a much faster rate). Even a far smaller C4 explosion can reach speeds of nearly 5 times the mach 5 limit for movement speed.

Your only hope for so much as surviving such an attack is to make as much distance as possible, and try to block/mitigate-damage at the last second.

Even then, the chances of even one of your characters surviving is extremely slim. Even if one does survive, he'd likely be severely injured, and require a moment to recover.

This would give Yato ample time to follow up with a broad sweeping strike. Even without his rend ability, Yato's strikes are capable of creating enough pressure to cleave through entire armies and leave gashes in the sky:

Again, this would be a city block level attack concentrated into raw cutting power. No level of defense allowed in this tourney would be able to stop such a penetrative force. Any character hit by this would be cleaved in half.

Summary:

• We have full knowledge on your characters and as such know exactly how dangerous they are. Throw in the lack of civilians, and my characters will be going all out.
  • Your team is getting nuked the very moment they appear on the battlefield. As far as I am aware, your characters do not have any teleportation, and have no way of escaping the blast radius.
  • Even if one of your characters managed to survive the initial blast, they would be injured and vulnerable to a follow up barrage.

I take my leave with a badass AMV:

Loading Video...

@mr_ingenuity your move!

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@sirfizzwhizz:

Before I start are characters allowed to change location during prep? Start 50 feet apart.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@zetsumoto: Excuse me for the wait.

Character Intros

Mimic (Exiles/Earth-12)

No Caption Provided

Powers

• Colossus
  • Cyclops
  • North Star
  • Wolverine
  • Beast

Handbook Entry

No Caption Provided

While the handbook isn't wrong that Mimic copies mutants it leaves out that he can also copier Super humans in general stated in the comic & displayed on a number of occasions.

No Caption Provided

Copies the Phoenix. It should be noted he mimic Phoenix mid combat while replacing angels wings.

Copies Human Torch's powers.

Also he can stack similar power sets to by pass the limitation of only getting half.

No Caption Provided

Gang Wujin

No Caption Provided

Considering his Manhwa is relatively new very little is know about Wujin's history. Although what I can tell you is he's one of the top two Gosu in his verse. Having mastered the use of KI he can enhance his stats to superhuman levels. But moving on to more pressing matters Wujin's feats.

Note all the scans are reedited due to length.

Strength/Striking Power

Wujin strength is enough to halt a KI blast from his rival Lim Hoh-Tan.

Punches with enough force to stop a speeding Simi-Truck flipping it leaving the a crater.

Blitzes a Mech into the air then strikes it down cratering into the ground.

Sends a multi ton armored robot careening through the subway tunnel.

Speed/Perception

While Wujin is faster than sight & super sonic it doesn't mean much if we don't have any quantifiable speeds to scale from.

Wujin outpaces large armor piercing rounds while distracted. Intercepting them away from where he was originally standing, swatting them away.

Here is where the scaling gets involved. We know that 50 cal bullets are 4,000 ft/s or mach 3.5, so Wujin would have to be moving faster than that to accomplish his feat.

Wujin & Hoh-Tan cause shockwaves while trading blows. Which means Wujin is clearly capable of fighting with that level of speed & strength to achieve such force.

Durability

Tanks a sword slash via air pressure demonstrating his durability is superior to steel.

A slash from these swords can cut a helicopter in half.

Wujin using his body as a shield tanks an anti aircraft missile.

Wujin takes a kick that sends him through several skyscrapers & a great distance away.

Before the above pummeling even stops it's stated Wujion is weaker due to the thin density of KI in this new world. So he can't utilize his KI enhanced stats as he used to. With that he takes a punch that levels a skyscraper & stands up to continue the fight.

Opening Strategy

My team's strategy is simple and straightforward considering they're physical fighter, without prep but nonetheless it should be just as effective.

Going on the attack will require them to find their opponents but that should be simple as they have the movement speed to narrow down their opponents position. Since they start on the beach they'll start by searching the area/buildings closest to them. Making this as fast as allowed Mimic will grab Wujin & fly them above the buildings at hypersonic speed. Because Mimic will have copied Wujin's powerset he'll know Wujin is durable enough to handle the G forces.

No Caption Provided

Now my team doesn't have any long range tracking but the area is clear so any people around is automatically the enemy. With that moving at hypersonic speed means that they'll get in range that KI senses & Mimics power sense will have alerted them.

From the point they sense their opponents it's simple go on offensive. Since my team is already in the air they can get within melee range. Now from the feats you've posted your team doesn't have enough blunt force durability to tank Wujin's striking power. But going a step further your team doesn't have the durability to tank a strike that targets organs.

This is Wujin's punch on a character that can withstand it although it breaks his arms. Easily a city block level punch.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Wujin then directs all his force directly into the characters body incapacitating him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Simply put one in striking range Mimic & Wujin will have this level of striking power every hit.

Rebuttal I

There isn't much I want to respond to but I do want to take this chance and ask some questions also.

As soon as your characters are located, Yato will fire-off his "rend" ability. These are powerful slashes capable of cutting through heavenly magic as well as cause massive city block sized explosions:

How many times can he actually use such an attack? Is it a one off, meaning a fight ending move.

As this is a sneak attack, it's unlikely your characters would be able to react to it as Yato has used his slashing abilities to snipe other deities (Noragami gods are easily in the mach 4 range) faster than they can react. Especially when you consider that Yato has a passive aura that makes him completely unnoticeable to those who do not have spiritual sensing abilities:

Just because it's a sneak attack doesn't make it any less noticeable. Considering the range at which Yato lunches said attack my team will perceive it's destructive capabilities well before it lands.

Mach 4 range isn't the same as mach 4. Which is one question I would like to ask. What puts said gods in the mach 4 range I assume those are fodder soldiers with little feats to their names.

With that stated this attack will immediately give away your team's position with the trail of destruction it will cause. Since the attack itself is at the speed cap then all my team has to do is sidestep/fly out of the way. It would be simple as dodging a punch but said punch can adjust mid flight.

A direct hit from such an ability would one-shot your characters, as Yato's attacks are the max damage output allowed for this tourney (city block level), concentrated into pure cutting power. No-one within the durability limits of this tourney would survive a direct hit.

Even if you did manage to avoid the a slashes themselves, you would not be able to outrun the resulting explosion. The speeds of explosions are determined by the size/blast-power (larger explosions, expand at a much faster rate). Even a far smaller C4 explosion can reach speeds of nearly 5 times the mach 5 limit for movement speed.

The explosion in your vid seems to come from the target Yato cut not the slash itself. You have more instances of Yato slash causing explosions.

It would seem Yato has an ability to one shot but since he's doing it from cover he decreases his chances of landing said attack. I'm not sure what Maka is providing in terms of offences. But both characters on my team have large building busting striking power so how the fight goes seems to rely on your team staying at a distance. Just my observation of things currently

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
deactivated-599632ff76068

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
deactivated-599632ff76068

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: Shut up, and stop making yout points so good.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necronn-: Forfeit, and I won't need to make any good points. kek

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mr_ingenuity  Moderator
Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zetsu-San

@mr_ingenuity: Not sure what the question marks are for.

If you are asking when I am posting, I actually just finished half of it. I'll do the other tomorrow/later. Would have done it earlier, but my internet had died.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: My post is done, but I want to check it over with fresh eyes tomorrow/later before putting it up.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Zetsu-San
No Caption Provided

Your Strategy:

I won't delve much into the mini-respect threads of your post as the majority of it is rendered rather irrelevant when matched up against my high speed, high damage output, ranged characters and their shock warfare tactics. That said, the one feat I would like to address is the sniper round one in which you claimed that he "outpaced" said bullets.

I disagree with your assessment. He didn't need to "outpace" the bullets as they were already heading towards him. All he did was move in front of the girl and intercept. While I'd certainly say he moves at comparable speeds to the bullets (with his hand movements exceeding the bullet speeds by a solid amount), by no means does it prove that his overall movement is actually "faster" than them; so this calls some of your scaling into question.

My team's strategy is simple and straightforward considering they're physical fighter, without prep but nonetheless it should be just as effective.

Yes. Your team is to simple and to straightforward. Especially Gang Wujin, who seems to suffer from much the same limitations as my last opponent. Sure, he can dominate pure close range, unarmed, hand-to-hand combat, but he brings very little else to the table.

Both of my characters have superior reach in hand to hand combat, similar stats, and an overall greater versatility when it comes to abilities. Mimic may be able to compete in versatility to some degree, but nowhere near enough to carry his partner through a battle of this nature.

Going on the attack will require them to find their opponents but that should be simple as they have the movement speed to narrow down their opponents position

With my characters' speeds and sniping capabilities, I find that hard to believe.

Since they start on the beach they'll start by searching the area/buildings closest to them. Making this as fast as allowed Mimic will grab Wujin & fly them above the buildings at hypersonic speed.

Not only are you leaving yourself extremely exposed by doing this, but you are also uniting your characters as a singular target. As soon as you fly into the air, there's virtually nothing stopping me from simply cleaving you out of the sky. Your mach 5 flight speed is not enough to dodge such a broad-sweeping/high-speed strike.

To make matters worse, as far as I can tell; Wujin possesses no aerial maneuverability on his own. You're rendering him to little more than dead weight. If he gets dropped for whatever reason, he'd be reduced to falling speeds, which (by this tourney's standards) would amount to being frozen in mid-air.

Now my team doesn't have any long range tracking but the area is clear so any people around is automatically the enemy. With that moving at hypersonic speed means that they'll get in range that KI senses & Mimics power sense will have alerted them.

You'd only get in range for your tracking if you happen to fly in our exact direction. Furthermore, if you start out of range of your ki sensing abilities, then you'll have no way to sense our long-range attack coming. I honestly see your team dying before the fight even starts.

In regards to your "hypersonic speed" (the cap is mach 5, which is the line between supersonic and hypersonic), your scan only shows sub-sonic speeds. I understand that he had to slow down when carrying the girl because of the wind resistance, but I was under the impression that that issue would be eliminated by her "flaming up". Even so, there is a HUGE gap between mach-1 and mach-5. So I'd like a better scan proving that level of speed.

This is Wujin's punch on a character that can withstand it although it breaks his arms. Easily a city block level punch.

Seems more like a little over half a city block to me, but okay. The problem with your tactic is that you are using your fists. The speed limits on this tourney are rather tight, and my characters are really close to those limits if not matching it exactly. Assuming that your characters are also of similar speeds (and that's giving you the benefit of the doubt), you'd essentially be a boxer trying to bum-rush a swordsman and a pole-arm user.

Even worse, as my "swordsman" has a sword that cuts massively further than the blade's actual length, while Maka can make her scythe grow into a giant energy blade:

No Caption Provided

Not only this, but Yato is a centuries old war-god while Maka is a master-martial artist:

https://youtu.be/6BuQdmGolvE?t=37

You would have to be delusional to honestly believe he'd able to get within punching distance of either of my characters. He'd be sliced in two if he tried.

Your Rebuttals:

How many times can he actually use such an attack? Is it a one off, meaning a fight ending move.

Aye, it's generally used as a fight ending attack. He's never shown to tire from it though. The only reason he passed out in the scan is because he had already been fighting for an extended period of time and was heavily suffering from Blight due to having just taken on the Queen of Hell.

That's for Rend specifically. Yato's normal wind cutting strikes are things he throws out regularly. He does it several times in this fight, and this was before his season 2 upgrade:

https://youtu.be/qBiSh_C-Hjo?t=26

In fact, causing wind pressure cuts is the default. Yukine (Yato's sword) has to purposefully suppress the wind pressure in order to avoid causing collateral damage:

Just because it's a sneak attack doesn't make it any less noticeable. Considering the range at which Yato lunches said attack my team will perceive it's destructive capabilities well before it lands.

But it's not all that noticeable. My character has a passive ability that makes him naturally hard to notice (while Ki sensing certainly helps mitigate it's effectiveness, you admitted there are range issues with your particular sensing abilities):

The attack itself is a small, concentrated, high-speed (being able to cross from the ground to the clouds almost instantly), projectile, that very cleanly slices through objects in it's path. If you re-watch the video, you'll notice that the objects it slices don't even come apart until long after the rend has past through. I honestly don't see you noticing a single thing until it's to late and with the limits on movement speed; there's no way you are clearing the blast radius.

Mach 4 range isn't the same as mach 4. Which is one question I would like to ask. What puts said gods in the mach 4 range I assume those are fodder soldiers with little feats to their names.

I said in that range, as the story never outright states exact speeds. That said, Bishamon is easily near the limits of this tourney (much like Yato), as she is capable of running through an entire city within a single page. When she fought said soldiers, they were able to keep up with her to some degree, forcing her to narrowly dodge their attacks. Granted, she was still hacking through them quite easily, but they were by no means statues:

With that stated this attack will immediately give away your team's position with the trail of destruction it will cause. Since the attack itself is at the speed cap then all my team has to do is sidestep/fly out of the way. It would be simple as dodging a punch but said punch can adjust mid flight.

What? No it wouldn't. For one, objects hit by Yato's slashes don't even fall apart until after the wind pressure has fully passed through, so you are likely to die before you even see it coming. Secondly, such a massive trail of destruction is far more likely to leave you in shock/confusion as well as completely obscure where the shot was fired from.

Also, what's this about the attack moving at the speed cap? The speed cap only applies to the movements of our characters. Projectiles are not subject to such limits. Yato's wind slash projectiles move well beyond the mach 5 limits for character speed.

The explosion in your vid seems to come from the target Yato cut not the slash itself. You have more instances of Yato slash causing explosions.

Hmm... I suppose that interpretation is possible. It's hard to say, since the majority of his fights are in close quarters and/or in a city environment. As said, Yato usually has to hold back in order to avoid collateral damage.

Even if we assume that he can't cause explosions with Rend, he's still capable of broad sweeping strikes powerful enough to split the sky:

It would seem Yato has an ability to one shot but since he's doing it from cover he decreases his chances of landing said attack.

In what way? For one, we have more than enough time to pick the perfect sniper position to get a clean shot at your team. Maka can sense you through objects and direct Yato via spiritual link, and all of Yato's attacks go clean through obstacles like butter. If anything, having objects in the way would obscure your vision, thus reducing the range in which you'd be able to notice the attack coming.

The Fight:

feats you've posted your team doesn't have enough blunt force durability to tank Wujin's striking power.

Oh I assure you, both of my characters have more than enough strength/durability to handle your strikes.

Maka's blood armor can tank hits powerful enough to cause massive craters:

Yato doesn't have to many feats of tanking blows, but that's really only because he doesn't typically get hit.

He's more than capable of stopping powerful strikes with his raw physical strength. Bishamon can not only cleave through buildings with her Buster Sword, but also swing hard enough to cause a shock-wave; shattering glass and causing hurricane level winds all throughout the area (She has also swung it hard enough to flatten a bunch of trees):

Yato not only blocks her strike, but does it from completely awkward position while recovering fast enough to flip on to her blade:

The guy is also capable of outright running through stone walls as if it were made of cardboard, and tanking whip attacks from the above character. Same whip attacks that slice through stone. When of equal force, slicing >> blunt:

He also tanks getting knocked practically through the entire castle yard:

No Caption Provided

I could go into what some weaker characters have tanked, but I think the above should suffice.

I'm not sure what Maka is providing in terms of offences. But both characters on my team have large building busting striking power so how the fight goes seems to rely on your team staying at a distance. Just my observation of things currently

While this particular strategy has her as more of a spotter/support type role, she is MORE than capable of holding her own against your characters in combat.

Killing you guys with a single long range surprise attack is simply the safest and easiest method of victory. However, my characters would still dominate close/mid-ranged combat. In fact, close/mid-range is what they SPECIALIZE in.

Even before his power upgrade, Yato was able to trade blows so much speed and power they formed a water tornado around them before a final clash, which dispersed entire lake (Is it a lake or a large pond?):

No Caption Provided

You want to know what Maka brings to the table? She can amplify yato's speed, strength, and power, as well as provide a spiritual link that provides perfect teamwork and coordination.

You can see it in action during this fight; where each team-mate linked to her resonance is able to perfectly combo each other's attacks and provide backup at key moments:

The above also doubles as speed feats for Maka. However that's an outdated version that didn't have a Death Scythe.

After getting her Death Scythe, she is able to dodge a magic cannon ball that instantly blew through multiple mountain peaks:

That was also with just the Death Scythe and no Soul Resonance. Without Soul Resonance, Maka had tons of issues dealing with the above character's smaller projectile barrages:

As soon as she used Soul Resonance however, she boosted her speed to so much that she was able to casually outmaneuver every single barrage:

In fact, she didn't just outmaneuver the bullets, she straight up blitzed him once they were in close range:

If you want more, I can go into how fast magic bullets are in this series. There is a guy with duel pistols that can shoot through entire Egyptian pyramids. A sniper that can snipe 10 kilometers (with less than 1 mm of drift/drop potential--- RL Rifles can't even snipe 1 kilometer without having to account for drift) and even snipe people on the moon (note the moon in this setting is within the atmosphere, but above the clouds).

So yea. With speed resonance, both Yato and Maka should be able to hit the speed cap perfectly.

Final Thoughts:

• Is there any proof that Mimic can copy Ki abilities? Generally, ki is not only a power, but also a skill that must be honed over time through intense practice. Even in marvel, Ki is something everyone has, but only a few people like Electra and other street level martial artists are capable of utilizing, and they gained it only through sheer practice.
  • Wujin's lack of ranged attacks and flight abilities leaves him as more of a liability than an aid.
  • Mimic is a bit more versatile, however he to is lacking in certain areas. For example, your list of abilities/feats has him severely lacking in ranged offensive power. Meanwhile, my characters are capable of dominating close range, mid range, and long range.
  • Your team is extremely straight-forward and overly simplistic. I hold the advantage in team-work, versatility, mobility, and raw power. We also have full information your team. We know who you are, how you think, and what you are capable of. Your characters on the other hand have no idea what to expect from mine.
  • You have already admitted that Yato can one-shot. Overall, I don't see your characters surviving the initial ambush.

I take my leave with a badass AMV:

Loading Video...

@mr_ingenuity Your move!

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zetsu-San

@mr_ingenuity: Sorry for the long wait. Since I finished my CaV against the Maker (whew that one was tough), I should be able to devote more energy to this for quicker responses.

Oh, and sorry for the tag spam. There were a few small changes I forgot to make before posting.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao at Mimic somehow fitting the speed limits here fairly.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Yea. North Star is pretty ridiculous. Ironically though, the only speed feat he has shown for the character is explicitly subsonic. kek

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Yea. North Star is pretty ridiculous. Ironically though, the only speed feat he has shown for the character is explicitly subsonic. kek

He has more to show, but I won't make any further comments until voting.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Interfering in an ongoing thread.

No Caption Provided

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Zetsu-San

@mr_ingenuity: I noticed that I gave the wrong scans for one of my points and corrected it. I hope you don't mind. It's the part where Bishamon causes hurricane force winds with the swing of her sword.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@zetsumoto: Go ahead, not going to get to this for a few days. Since I'll have to make a rather long post.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@zetsumoto: Yeah, I've been doing other things because posting a long reply on my laptop has been a pain. It discards the tap when I'm away. I'll post from my desktop but I won't be able to until monday. Apologies for the wait.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@zetsumoto

Rebuttal II

I won't delve much into the mini-respect threads of your post as the majority of it is rendered rather irrelevant when matched up against my high speed, high damage output, ranged characters and their shock warfare tactics. That said, the one feat I would like to address is the sniper round one in which you claimed that he "outpaced" said bullets.

I disagree with your assessment. He didn't need to "outpace" the bullets as they were already heading towards him. All he did was move in front of the girl and intercept. While I'd certainly say he moves at comparable speeds to the bullets (with his hand movements exceeding the bullet speeds by a solid amount), by no means does it prove that his overall movement is actually "faster" than them; so this calls some of your scaling into question.

My use of outpace is textbook definition (surpass in speed). Wujin moves a few feet while the bullets relatively stationary. Also I acknowledged the bullets are moving towards him but even moving a meter when the bullets move inches in the same time span puts his speed above theirs. Having read the feat I can confirm he does move a meter. Syncing that up with my previous scans of the bullets movement corroborates my claim.

No Caption Provided

I’m not claiming wujin is a speedster but in short burst of speed his movement is faster than bullets easily. Here Wujin is shown again to outpace bullets.

Yes. Your team is to simple and to straightforward. Especially Gang Wujin, who seems to suffer from much the same limitations as my last opponent. Sure, he can dominate pure close range, unarmed, hand-to-hand combat, but he brings very little else to the table.

Both of my characters have superior reach in hand to hand combat, similar stats, and an overall greater versatility when it comes to abilities. Mimic may be able to compete in versatility to some degree, but nowhere near enough to carry his partner through a battle of this nature.

Wujin isn’t limited in ways you assume I just haven’t posted all his feats since his scans are tedious to reupload. Another reason I neglected to post all his feats is due to them having no place in my opening strategy.

With my characters' speeds and sniping capabilities, I find that hard to believe.

What are your characters sniping capabilities? Since you're implying your characters have accuracy at long ranges it relevant to post feats. Yato will need to be aiming at a character moving at hypersonic speed in the air.

Not only are you leaving yourself extremely exposed by doing this, but you are also uniting your characters as a singular target. As soon as you fly into the air, there's virtually nothing stopping me from simply cleaving you out of the sky. Your mach 5 flight speed is not enough to dodge such a broad-sweeping/high-speed strike.

How is it different from flying along the ground when your team has wall hacks and attacking at the tourney cap?

Yato’s broadest sweep is very narrow & the strike it self isn’t something Mimic can’t react to.

To make matters worse, as far as I can tell; Wujin possesses no aerial maneuverability on his own. You're rendering him to little more than dead weight. If he gets dropped for whatever reason, he'd be reduced to falling speeds, which (by this tourney's standards) would amount to being frozen in mid-air.

I neglected to post any more abilities for Wujin due to the tedious task of uploading scans for his feat. But he most definitely isn’t any way helpless in the air.

First off he can step off the air itself & has shown to leap the length of a skyscraper. Combining those to facts and Wujin can dart in any direction to simulate flight.

No Caption Provided

You'd only get in range for your tracking if you happen to fly in our exact direction. Furthermore, if you start out of range of your ki sensing abilities, then you'll have no way to sense our long-range attack coming. I honestly see your team dying before the fight even starts.

My characters would only be flying along the beach beach front property. With that teams are only on the pictured part of the beach so they won’t need to search the entire thing. Even then the beach is 23 miles with mach 5 speed that’s only 21 secs of searching.

While we’re on the topic where exactly is your team? I assumed they were no more than 2 to 3 miles away. Which makes finding them easier as it would only take seconds.

A long range attack doesn’t require Ki sensing it require perception which my team has adequately. With that Yato’s long range attack still takes travel time which makes it harder to hit a target moving at mach 5.

In regards to your "hypersonic speed" (the cap is mach 5, which is the line between supersonic and hypersonic), your scan only shows sub-sonic speeds. I understand that he had to slow down when carrying the girl because of the wind resistance, but I was under the impression that that issue would be eliminated by her "flaming up". Even so, there is a HUGE gap between mach-1 and mach-5. So I'd like a better scan proving that level of speed.

At that point she had exhausted herself by using a large burst of flames. She could only flame up enough to shield herself from subsonic wind.

Mimic outperformed AoA Quicksilver. AoA Quicksilver is fast enough to go miles in seconds as the feat states. Even if we limit that to 2 miles in 2 seconds that's still shy of mach 5. Even then having half the speed of Wujin makes him at the limit even.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Seems more like a little over half a city block to me, but okay. The problem with your tactic is that you are using your fists. The speed limits on this tourney are rather tight, and my characters are really close to those limits if not matching it exactly. Assuming that your characters are also of similar speeds (and that's giving you the benefit of the doubt), you'd essentially be a boxer trying to bum-rush a swordsman and a pole-arm user.

Wujin punches the character into the city block over how is that only half?

There isn’t a problem with that tactic my characters have movement speed above your team with agility. That means they can out maneuver your characters in close combat.

Also how are you giving my characters the benefit of the doubt. Mimic has solid feats to put him at mach 5 and Wujin has better scaling than Maka. Yato has reaction speed feats but the only feat you've shown capable of gauging his speed is above the limit.

Even worse, as my "swordsman" has a sword that cuts massively further than the blade's actual length, while Maka can make her scythe grow into a giant energy blade:

Not only this, but Yato is a centuries old war-god while Maka is a master-martial artist:

https://youtu.be/6BuQdmGolvE?t=37

You would have to be delusional to honestly believe he'd able to get within punching distance of either of my characters. He'd be sliced in two if he tried.

My team has energy attacks to combat your teams gear.

No Caption Provided

Wujins' energy blast shakes the city block will deep underground.

No Caption Provided

Maka is useless without engaging in close combat so she has to get in punching distance. My team doesn’t have to touch the ground while still utilizing their entire powerset. From what I’ve seen Maka has to ride her scythe for aerial combat, so that hampers her greatly.

Aye, it's generally used as a fight ending attack. He's never shown to tire from it though. The only reason he passed out in the scan is because he had already been fighting for an extended period of time and was heavily suffering from Blight due to having just taken on the Queen of Hell.

That's for Rend specifically. Yato's normal wind cutting strikes are things he throws out regularly. He does it several times in this fight, and this was before his season 2 upgrade:

https://youtu.be/qBiSh_C-Hjo?t=26

In fact, causing wind pressure cuts is the default. Yukine (Yato's sword) has to purposefully suppress the wind pressure in order to avoid causing collateral damage:

What I really want to know is it in character for him to be cutting at the limit of his abilities at all times & it seems it isn't.

But it's not all that noticeable. My character has a passive ability that makes him naturally hard to notice (while Ki sensing certainly helps mitigate it's effectiveness, you admitted there are range issues with your particular sensing abilities).

My teams perks negates this even passive mind attacks are still attacks. My characters don't have feat to sense thing miles away but getting within a hundred meters isn't an issue.

The attack itself is a small, concentrated, high-speed (being able to cross from the ground to the clouds almost instantly), projectile, that very cleanly slices through objects in it's path. If you re-watch the video, you'll notice that the objects it slices don't even come apart until long after the rend has past through. I honestly don't see you noticing a single thing until it's to late and with the limits on movement speed; there's no way you are clearing the blast radius.

My statement is based on actual physics but from what the anime has shown you are correct. Any way the vid you use shows it takes 9 seconds from when the attack was thrown to when it reached the clouds, which is sub sonic. Form what I'm shown the object itself is what explodes not Yato's air slash. If Yato is fast enough to heat air to combust he is over the limits.

Going back to you scans of Yato's slash. Only one feat is usable for estimating its speed. Which is Yato cutting lightning that's hundreds of machs over the limit. Yato cutting the sky is a good range feat but from what I can tell he's in the air when doing that.

I said in that range, as the story never outright states exact speeds. That said, Bishamon is easily near the limits of this tourney (much like Yato), as she is capable of running through an entire city within a single page. When she fought said soldiers, they were able to keep up with her to some degree, forcing her to narrowly dodge their attacks. Granted, she was still hacking through them quite easily, but they were by no means statues:

No need to correct me I stated exactly as much. Mach 4 range is just another way to say supersonic, what I'm looking for is at least mach 4. Also you scaling seems far off running through an entire city in a page. What does that mean 1 sec 30 sec. Whatever the time a city is a big distance so she's either over the limit or you're not accurately describing the feat.

What? No it wouldn't. For one, objects hit by Yato's slashes don't even fall apart until after the wind pressure has fully passed through, so you are likely to die before you even see it coming. Secondly, such a massive trail of destruction is far more likely to leave you in shock/confusion as well as completely obscure where the shot was fired from.

Mimic and Wujin can perceive change in air pressure. To produce such as strike everything in the vicinity will be blasted away. Considering my team is in the air Yato will be aiming up which mean everything underneath him gets blasted away. That narrows it down to the top of a building. My team doesn't need to be scientist to use that rational.

No Caption Provided

In what way? For one, we have more than enough time to pick the perfect sniper position to get a clean shot at your team. Maka can sense you through objects and direct Yato via spiritual link, and all of Yato's attacks go clean through obstacles like butter. If anything, having objects in the way would obscure your vision, thus reducing the range in which you'd be able to notice the attack coming.

First off his attack needs travel time as it isn't instant. My team will be moving sporadically searching in the air. Which means Yato's accuracy needs to be perfect. With that my team will see the attack so dodging is far more plausible.

Oh I assure you, both of my characters have more than enough strength/durability to handle your strikes.

What nothing you show for durability is even city block level.

While this particular strategy has her as more of a spotter/support type role, she is MORE than capable of holding her own against your characters in combat.

Killing you guys with a single long range surprise attack is simply the safest and easiest method of victory. However, my characters would still dominate close/mid-ranged combat. In fact, close/mid-range is what they SPECIALIZE in.

Even before his power upgrade, Yato was able to trade blows so much speed and power they formed a water tornado around them before a final clash, which dispersed entire lake (Is it a lake or a large pond?):

Cool Yato can cause shock shockwaves. Not particularly impressive Wujin's shockwave bend steel and cleave through skyscrapers.

No Caption Provided

You can see it in action during this fight; where each team-mate linked to her resonance is able to perfectly combo each other's attacks and provide backup at key moments

She isn't much help in a air battle so their teamwork is diminished since she can provided back up with without trying to tank an attack.

After getting her Death Scythe, she is able to dodge a magic cannon ball that instantly blew through multiple mountain peaks

That seems more like energy projection than bullet. Yeah it's faster than sound but the part where it blew through the mountain tops is energy projection.

I really have no problem with Maka's speed feats. But you seem to think they are any different than Wujin's.

Is there any proof that Mimic can copy Ki abilities? Generally, ki is not only a power, but also a skill that must be honed over time through intense practice. Even in marvel, Ki is something everyone has, but only a few people like Electra and other street level martial artists are capable of utilizing, and they gained it only through sheer practice.

He copied the Alt reality phoenix force which had enough power to blast the blue area of the moon. In marvel the phoenix force is the embodyment of life.

Wujin's lack of ranged attacks and flight abilities leaves him as more of a liability than an aid.

Addressed.

Your team is extremely straight-forward and overly simplistic. I hold the advantage in team-work, versatility, mobility, and raw power. We also have full information your team. We know who you are, how you think, and what you are capable of. Your characters on the other hand have no idea what to expect from mine.

Your team only holds the advantage in team work due to a soul sync ability. Mimic holds the advantage in versatility, & mobility seeing as he can out right fly. We've both hit the cap in raw power.

You have already admitted that Yato can one-shot. Overall, I don't see your characters surviving the initial ambush.

Can one shot is not the same as will one shot context matters. Both teams can one shot.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: @zetsumoto: This is actually a lot more even than I thought it would be. Keep up the good work guys.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: I beg you, when all is said and done, you should make a 2.0 for this tourney, I have so many characters to use now, and this tourney was so good. Simple, no BS, restrictions seemed dumb at first but were fair and made things equal, rules such as arguing a character is above the limits made things interesting as well. This was probably one of your best tourneys asides from your current PYP Mission one.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: My post will definitely be up tomorrow. I have a finished draft, I just want to take a break so that I can read it over with a fresh mind.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zetsu-San

@mr_ingenuity:

No Caption Provided

Yato's Sniping:

Fair enough, I'll yield in regards to your speed.

Accuracy:

What are your characters sniping capabilities? Since you're implying your characters have accuracy at long ranges it relevant to post feats. Yato will need to be aiming at a character moving at hypersonic speed in the air.

Yato tagged a hypersonic projectile in the video I posted.

He's accurate enough to hit an entire army (including the people in the FAR back) in single wind slash (technically 2 since he used 2 swords). Again, all of these guys are supersonic and able to keep up with Bishamon (who ran through an entire city in a single page).

That by itself should be enough. Here however, he uses a wind slash to strike someone through their lightning mount:

The lightning mount is easy hyper-sonic, as it's capable of crossing from the ground to the sky and vice versa almost instantly (and Yato is still able to parry his blows during his hit and run attacks):

Yato’s broadest sweep is very narrow

Yea, so narrow and so fast that it can cut through objects without them coming apart until several moments after the strike has happened. Good luck seeing something like that coming and reacting to it...

& the strike it self isn’t something Mimic can’t react to.

Really? Without breaking speed limits? Because you haven't shown him reacting to any attack of a similar nature.

Furthermore, while the attack itself is narrow, it cuts with so much force that the resulting expansion was able to cause a giant gash in the sky, so yea. I can still do damage even without a direct hit.

My characters would only be flying along the beach beach front property. With that teams are only on the pictured part of the beach so they won’t need to search the entire thing. Even then the beach is 23 miles with mach 5 speed that’s only 21 secs of searching.

While we’re on the topic where exactly is your team? I assumed they were no more than 2 to 3 miles away. Which makes finding them easier as it would only take seconds.

2-3 miles seems like a fair estimate. That said, saying it would "only take seconds" is miss-leading. Seconds may be sound like an extremely short amount of time, but to characters who move as fast as ours do; that's actually quite long. Both of our characters are roughly at the speed limits, your characters would be moving at entirely normal running speeds relative to their point of view.

What I really want to know is it in character for him to be cutting at the limit of his abilities at all times & it seems it isn't.

It isn't. However, the reason it isn't is because the majority of his fights take place in urban environments, forcing him to limit himself to avoid collateral damage.

Not only do we not have to worry about that in this deserted battlefield, but we also have full knowledge on your characters and know exactly how much force we need to use to put them down.

My teams perks negates this even passive mind attacks are still attacks. My characters don't have feat to sense thing miles away but getting within a hundred meters isn't an issue.

It's not a mind attack. It's a supernatural lack of presence. Yato is simply a being that easily goes unnoticed, fades into the background, and gets forgotten. I'd consider it similar to a "lack of aura", or Meleoran's "Perfect Plan". (Maka wouldn't be effected because of her immense spiritual sensitivity and clairvoyance abilities that can span the entire world)

Any way the vid you use shows it takes 9 seconds from when the attack was thrown to when it reached the clouds, which is sub sonic. Form what I'm shown the object itself is what explodes not Yato's air slash.

Oh please, that was obviously NOT in real time. You can tell from the fact that the same parts were shown from different points of view. Furthermore the Rend despite having a seemingly extended ritual, is something he does incredibly fast.

Here he performs the "rend" ritual, runs across train tops, and cuts a phantom. He moved so fast that the entire environment including the train and the phantom appeared frozen in the air:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvxmCREMkts

If Yato is fast enough to heat air to combust he is over the limits.

The limit only applies to Yato. Not to the speed of his projectiles...

Which is Yato cutting lightning that's hundreds of machs over the limit. Yato cutting the sky is a good range feat but from what I can tell he's in the air when doing that.

I never argued that the lightning is equal to the speeds of actual lightning. Perhaps it is, perhaps it isn't. Even punisher has lightning timing feats, yet he can't really be called hyper-sonic. With little else to go by, I choose to treat it like I would any other attack, and judge it's speed based on the what's going on in the scan itself. We know that at a bare minimum, it's fast enough to cross from the sky to the ground in a single page, which makes it solidly hypersonic.

For the sake of the battle, I think we can assume Yato is roughly around this tourney's speed limits. given that one of your characters actually moves at HALF THE SPEED OF LIGHT, you really have no room to complain:

No Caption Provided

Also you scaling seems far off running through an entire city in a page. What does that mean 1 sec 30 sec. Whatever the time a city is a big distance so she's either over the limit or you're not accurately describing the feat.

It's an accurate description. She started in the mountains and rushed through the entire city within a page:

Is it vague? About as much as your "miles in seconds" feat. You interpreted that as being roughly 1 mile per second to land your character as "just under the speed limit", I see no reason why we can't assume the same.

Mimic and Wujin can perceive change in air pressure. To produce such as strike everything in the vicinity will be blasted away. Considering my team is in the air Yato will be aiming up which mean everything underneath him gets blasted away. That narrows it down to the top of a building. My team doesn't need to be scientist to use that rational.

You can't perceive "changes in air pressure" for an attack moving faster than sound. In fact, in this case, the attack IS the change in air-pressure. So if you are feeling "changes in air pressure", it means you've already been hit by the air pressure strike.

Again, the amount of force and how much it expands would completely throw off your ability to pinpoint anything, and my characters would be on the move as soon as the attack is fired off. Even if you managed to narrowly avoid getting hit, there'd be so much wind pressure I'd be shocked if your characters knew which way was up and which way was down.

First off his attack needs travel time as it isn't instant. My team will be moving sporadically searching in the air. Which means Yato's accuracy needs to be perfect. With that my team will see the attack so dodging is far more plausible.

As far as the speed limits for our characters are concerned, the projectile may as well be instant. You have no feats proving you can detect the attack coming. The attack hits a MASSIVE radius, Yato has knocked someone off of a hypersonic lightning mount before, and if Yato thought for even a second that he'd have trouble hitting you from a distance; he'd simply wait for you to get into mid range, where you'd have 0 time to react.

The Fight:

Wujin punches the character into the city block over how is that only half?

Because he only punched him into a city block over. That's not enough to prove city block levels of force, as we didn't get to see city block levels of desctruction. As far as I can tell from your scans, the shock-wave didn't demolish a city block nor was the path of destruction long enough to match a "stretched out" city block.

AoA Quicksilver is fast enough to go miles in seconds as the feat states. Even if we limit that to 2 miles in 2 seconds that's still shy of mach 5. Even then having half the speed of Wujin makes him at the limit even.

After some research, I think you are massively lowballing that feat to get Wujin in under the rules, but whatever...

There isn’t a problem with that tactic my characters have movement speed above your team with agility. That means they can out maneuver your characters in close combat.

Based on what? Both Yato and Maka have immense maneuverability which is only further amplified by soul resonance:

My team has energy attacks to combat your teams gear.

Maka has anti-magic wavelength. As per the rules "Ki = magic", so she can erase your energy blasts with a swing of her blade. (Note, while the scans say 'anti-demon' and 'anti-evil', the funimation translation says anti-magic. The wavelength works on witches and witches are not inherently evil)

Yato's pressure cutting has also cut through energy blasts, including the lightning god whose lightning blasts can approach city block levels of power:

Furthermore, Cyclops lasers are 100% useless on this tier. TONS of street levelers have reacted to and defended against it:

Hell, even Wolverine has successfully cut through the beams with a sword:

No Caption Provided

Both Yato and Maka are WAY faster and stronger than Wolverine and you only have HALF of Cyclopse's power.

Since Maka can sense your presence and is connected to Yato, Yato will easily slash you through your energy attacks. All your energy attacks would succeed in doing is obscuring your own vision/hearing. Furthermore, both of my characters have already tanked immensely powerful energy attacks before (Yato tanking city block level lightning, and Maka getting shot by Asura).

Maka is useless without engaging in close combat so she has to get in punching distance. My team doesn’t have to touch the ground while still utilizing their entire powerset. From what I’ve seen Maka has to ride her scythe for aerial combat, so that hampers her greatly.

lol you think a giant scythe = punching distance? Then I guess handing you some brass knuckles and forcing you to fight a chick with a naginata is a perfectly fair match-up. Right?

As for Maka having to "ride her scythe", the Scythe is sentient and moves on it's own. It's far from hampers her.

Here she fights a projectile based character capable of true flight:

Asura moves so fast he causes shockwaves and can casually smash through high level forcefields:

Maka is able to hook and pull Asura with her scythe, and with the help of Blackstar; strike him hard enough to send him smashing into the moon below them:

If that's not enough proof, then I'll also add that said Kishin reacted to a hypersonic bullet shot from Earth, while floating near the moon (and he was distracted at the time):

Again, the moon in this setting is still within Earth's atmosphere, but a bit above the clouds.

What nothing you show for durability is even city block level.

What? Maka survived an energy blast from Asura:

Asura's energy attacks are so powerful they are capable of causing mushroom clouds:

Not only did she tank the energy attack, she also tanked getting crushed between the energy attack and the ground below her, which caused a giant crater roughly city block in size.

He copied the Alt reality phoenix force which had enough power to blast the blue area of the moon. In marvel the phoenix force is the embodyment of life.

Irrelevant. Power isn't the issue. Skill is. Black Alice from DC can copy any magic user's powers all the way up to the Universal+ entity known as Spectre. What she can't do however, is learn their spell mastery.

This is a similar issue. Whereas phoenix force is a power that those imbued with can instinctualy draw upon, Ki is usually presented as something that everyone has, but takes great skill and training to utilize.

I have no doubt that Mimic can copy the amount of Ki energy that Wujin has. What I do doubt however, is that he'd be able to copy the immense skill/training that allows Wujin to draw upon such energies. That's like claiming that he'd copy Wujin's martial arts prowess along with it. Which... Maybe he can. I'll wait for you to provide evidence.

Mimic holds the advantage in versatility, & mobility seeing as he can out right fly.

Mimic is the least skilled/trained character in this battle. Both of my characters can outright fly as shown in the various videos posted.

Given their teamwork and the amount of combos my team is capable of, they would likely win even in a close range confrontation. Maka can easily play tank with her blackblood armor, as Yato keeps both of your characters at bay with 360 degree cutting attacks.

He can even pass his blade through Maka (without hurting her) to slash your characters at completely unexpected angles:

Summary:

• Your attempts at arguing that any of my characters break limits in speed were rendered moot the moment you chose a character who moves at half the speed of light. I think we can both assume our characters are roughly at the limits for speed.
  • You also attempted to limit the speed of my projectiles. Not only do the rules say nothing about speed limits for projectile attacks, but doing so would be like banning sniper-rifles from a live-action peak human tourney.
  • You have yet to convince me that Mimic can copy the skills necessary to draw upon Wujin's chi reserves.
  • Yato can casually cut through your Ki blasts (which will only serve to obscure your own vision/hearing).
  • You only have half the power of Cyclops's lasers. Even the full power of his lasers are nigh useless against mid-tiers.
  • My characters still have superior versatility, mobility, team-work, and knowledge. Wujin is the most limited character on your team in regards to versatility, yet he's also the only one who can keep up with Yato and Maka in the skill department.
  • Wujin may have ki blasts, but both my characters have defenses against it (Yato simply slashing through it, and Maka negating it with anti-magic wavelength (again, the rules equalize Ki and magic)
  • Both of your characters are grossly out-ranged, as they are primarily hand to hand fighters, while my characters specialize in weapons (that cut further than their actual blades).
  • You have yet to prove that your characters wouldn't simply get cleaved out of the sky the moment the fight starts.
  • Even in close range, I hold an immense teamwork advantage, with Maka being able to act as front guard, while Yato launches high damage 360 degree cutting attacks from behind. Maka can easily bind you or create an opening as Yato harmlessly passes his strike through her to hit your characters.

Your Move!

No Caption Provided

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: Just giving a quick bump, since we will probably go to voting after your next post.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: Since you said you didn't get a notification in the scenario, I figured I'd bump this again just in case.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@zetsumoto:

Rebuttal III

Fair enough, I'll yield in regards to your speed.

Pretty convenient you would stop underestimating in the same post you want to state my character is over the limits. Mind you a feat I never mentioned nor acknowledged as consistent for Mimic. I guess this is purely coincidental and has nothing to do with your character actually being debated over the limit.

Yato tagged a hypersonic projectile in the video I posted.

The video you posted has Yato's sword slash at mach 2 only supersonic. I didn't see any hypersonic projectile.

He's accurate enough to hit an entire army (including the people in the FAR back) in single wind slash (technically 2 since he used 2 swords). Again, all of these guys are supersonic and able to keep up with Bishamon (who ran through an entire city in a single page).

This has nothing to do with accuracy this is an AOE attack against a large crowed. If Yato missed any of them I would think less of him.

What would show accuracy is hitting the girl running through the city while miles away as you've stated Yato would do you my team.

That by itself should be enough. Here however, he uses a wind slash to strike someone through their lightning mount:

The lightning mount is easy hyper-sonic, as it's capable of crossing from the ground to the sky and vice versa almost instantly (and Yato is still able to parry his blows during his hit and run attacks):

I've acknowledged this previously and it is over them limit. Even by your own admission the lightning is "easy hypersonic" not hypersonic at best.

Yea, so narrow and so fast that it can cut through objects without them coming apart until several moments after the strike has happened. Good luck seeing something like that coming and reacting to it...

You can't really argue anime physics as a feat a blast wave would rip through a target as it made contact. Which is what Yato's slashes are. I would understand if Yato slashes has some magic properties but that would also negate any speed it had since force is taken out of the equation.

I've shown my team can react to a change in air pressure. Which is simple for any hypersonic character street level character do this. Yato's sword slash would be no different.

No Caption Provided

Mimic has half of wolverine senses, half of Wujin's senses and hypersonic speed that is far more than enough.

Really? Without breaking speed limits? Because you haven't shown him reacting to any attack of a similar nature.

Furthermore, while the attack itself is narrow, it cuts with so much force that the resulting expansion was able to cause a giant gash in the sky, so yea. I can still do damage even without a direct hit.

Yato performed that feat while among the clouds, it isn't as if he did this from ground level. The only thing this measures is the range of his attack which I have no problem with. What I'm debating is a narrow slash taking out a hypersonic opponent miles away. Since the slash it where all the damage is done buffering the wind created by the slash is a non issue.

2-3 miles seems like a fair estimate. That said, saying it would "only take seconds" is miss-leading. Seconds may be sound like an extremely short amount of time, but to characters who move as fast as ours do; that's actually quite long. Both of our characters are roughly at the speed limits, your characters would be moving at entirely normal running speeds relative to their point of view.

Unless our characters are conducting an entire fight within 5 seconds I see no reason for you to state my post is misleading. That's just nit picking.

It's not a mind attack. It's a supernatural lack of presence. Yato is simply a being that easily goes unnoticed, fades into the background, and gets forgotten. I'd consider it similar to a "lack of aura", or Meleoran's "Perfect Plan". (Maka wouldn't be effected because of her immense spiritual sensitivity and clairvoyance abilities that can span the entire world)

First off if we are equating all these powers negates your point. Forgetmenot has imperceptibility but Fantomex enhanced senses allows him to perceive Forgetmenot. Even Meleoron can be perceived by the disturbances he causes. Your team has caused a large disturbance, would be narrowed down by enhanced senses and pinpointed through Mimic power sensing.

No Caption Provided

On top of all that you've only shown the power to work in casual conversation not in the midst of battle Something Meleoron has shown.

Oh please, that was obviously NOT in real time. You can tell from the fact that the same parts were shown from different points of view. Furthermore the Rend despite having a seemingly extended ritual, is something he does incredibly fast.

Here he performs the "rend" ritual, runs across train tops, and cuts a phantom. He moved so fast that the entire environment including the train and the phantom appeared frozen in the air:

The slash itself was most definitely moving in real time which is what I timed from the anime. Even the feat you shown now is only supersonic if you're going to use anime feat then expect them to be treated as such. But we can agree to disagree.

The limit only applies to Yato. Not to the speed of his projectiles...

Nah you've toughed the force of Yato's slashes which is mass times acceleration. Yato doesn't seem to have strength in the thousands of tons so clearly it's his speed that produces the slash. Throwing a log until it ignites would be a speed feat for a character not the log.

I never argued that the lightning is equal to the speeds of actual lightning. Perhaps it is, perhaps it isn't. Even punisher has lightning timing feats, yet he can't really be called hyper-sonic. With little else to go by, I choose to treat it like I would any other attack, and judge it's speed based on the what's going on in the scan itself. We know that at a bare minimum, it's fast enough to cross from the sky to the ground in a single page, which makes it solidly hypersonic.

What's there to argue against? Lightning going from cloud to ground in anything less than a second is over the limit, which is easily understood through simple math. Reacting to said lightning and slashing through it would put Yato speed at no less than the attack.

For the sake of the battle, I think we can assume Yato is roughly around this tourney's speed limits. given that one of your characters actually moves at HALF THE SPEED OF LIGHT, you really have no room to complain:

Mimic also can temper his speed which you argued against the first time around now since it doesn't suit your position it's blatantly ignored.

Yato on the other hand is only using gauges to determine his speed no stated facts. Some of those gauges are over the limit

No Caption Provided

Is it vague? About as much as your "miles in seconds" feat. You interpreted that as being roughly 1 mile per second to land your character as "just under the speed limit", I see no reason why we can't assume the same.

It's not the same. Because at the bare minimum the tiniest implied math I can use to fit the narration is 2 miles in 2 seconds. I mean how else am I supposed to interpret miles in seconds?

What you are doing is nerfing your description to fit the rules.

You can't perceive "changes in air pressure" for an attack moving faster than sound. In fact, in this case, the attack IS the change in air-pressure. So if you are feeling "changes in air pressure", it means you've already been hit by the air pressure strike.

Again, the amount of force and how much it expands would completely throw off your ability to pinpoint anything, and my characters would be on the move as soon as the attack is fired off. Even if you managed to narrowly avoid getting hit, there'd be so much wind pressure I'd be shocked if your characters knew which way was up and which way was down.

Wolverine does it & I can show you more street level character doing it.

As far as the speed limits for our characters are concerned, the projectile may as well be instant. You have no feats proving you can detect the attack coming. The attack hits a MASSIVE radius, Yato has knocked someone off of a hypersonic lightning mount before, and if Yato thought for even a second that he'd have trouble hitting you from a distance; he'd simply wait for you to get into mid range, where you'd have 0 time to react.

So you're argument is still hypersonic characters can't react, tell me again how Yato is in the limits?

Anyway my character know how to deal with a swords, which is simply don't be in the path of the blade. Considering my team has the advantage in movement speed and agility that can always anticipate the blade.

Wujin has done exactly that to a character he wasn't fast enough to outright blitz. The only difference here is the range of the blade which my character will know about.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

After some research, I think you are massively lowballing that feat to get Wujin in under the rules, but whatever...

Wait what? So you're admitting that you're previous argument was ignorance of a feat. Understandable but it's usually done as by simply conceding. While I am interested in this reacher I doubt if amounts to Wujin being over the limit. Wujin doesn't need to be mach 6 to outpace mach 2 bullets.

Based on what? Both Yato and Maka have immense maneuverability which is only further amplified by soul resonance

One of my character can actually fly and the other can step off air that means they don't need to regain footing to attack or dodge from any direction.

Maka has anti-magic wavelength. As per the rules "Ki = magic", so she can erase your energy blasts with a swing of her blade. (Note, while the scans say 'anti-demon' and 'anti-evil', the funimation translation says anti-magic. The wavelength works on witches and witches are not inherently evil)

Energy attacks would only be a feint distracting her from the next attack. Also optic blast isn't magic so would need to concentrate to block it.

Furthermore, Cyclops lasers are 100% useless on this tier. TONS of street levelers have reacted to and defended against it:

Hell, even Wolverine has successfully cut through the beams with a sword

I think you're forgetting street level character don't dodge the beam itself & PIS that street level character get when it comes to lasers.

No Caption Provided

Both Yato and Maka are WAY faster and stronger than Wolverine and you only have HALF of Cyclopse's power.

Since Maka can sense your presence and is connected to Yato, Yato will easily slash you through your energy attacks. All your energy attacks would succeed in doing is obscuring your own vision/hearing. Furthermore, both of my characters have already tanked immensely powerful energy attacks before (Yato tanking city block level lightning, and Maka getting shot by Asura).

I wouldn't even argue my team energy attack would need to one shot a feint is just enough of a lethal distraction.

lol you think a giant scythe = punching distance? Then I guess handing you some brass knuckles and forcing you to fight a chick with a naginata is a perfectly fair match-up. Right?

As for Maka having to "ride her scythe", the Scythe is sentient and moves on it's own. It's far from hampers her.

Here she fights a projectile based character capable of true flight

My reason for stating such is simple Maka can't use her scythe for maneuvering and attacking simultaneously. Which means using her scythe as an all encompassing shield is impossible against a character who is just as fast but far more agile. Basically Maka is open to an attack when riding her scythe which means a feint would distract her long enough for a KO.

Maka is able to hook and pull Asura with her scythe, and with the help of Blackstar; strike him hard enough to send him smashing into the moon below them

You just stated Wujin would be a deadweight for being in freefall if Mimic dropped him. But know Maka being in freefall is a good feat. What are you?

What? Maka survived an energy blast from Asura:

Asura's energy attacks are so powerful they are capable of causing mushroom clouds:

Not only did she tank the energy attack, she also tanked getting crushed between the energy attack and the ground below her, which caused a giant crater roughly city block in size.

One of these things is not like the other, actually neither of these things.

The first attack is most definitely TK of sorts. While the other is a energy beam.

Also wouldn't a mushroom cloud be city busting?

Irrelevant. Power isn't the issue. Skill is. Black Alice from DC can copy any magic user's powers all the way up to the Universal+ entity known as Spectre. What she can't do however, is learn their spell mastery.

This is a similar issue. Whereas phoenix force is a power that those imbued with can instinctualy draw upon, Ki is usually presented as something that everyone has, but takes great skill and training to utilize.

I have no doubt that Mimic can copy the amount of Ki energy that Wujin has. What I do doubt however, is that he'd be able to copy the immense skill/training that allows Wujin to draw upon such energies. That's like claiming that he'd copy Wujin's martial arts prowess along with it. Which... Maybe he can. I'll wait for you to provide evidence.

Mimic has copied beast agility, Cyclops ricochet optic blast and has been stated to have skills of an entire X-Men team. With that all he would need to do is follow Wujin's lead while attacking as a team. Perfect teamwork isn't even required to see the move set his teammate is demonstrating.

No Caption Provided

Given their teamwork and the amount of combos my team is capable of, they would likely win even in a close range confrontation. Maka can easily play tank with her blackblood armor, as Yato keeps both of your characters at bay with 360 degree cutting attacks.

He can even pass his blade through Maka (without hurting her) to slash your characters at completely unexpected angles

I've already addressed my character in regards to a air slash. But if Yato is watching Maka's back then he is open to attack and once again that all that is needed.

Closing

Realistically Yato is over the limits no matter how how you slice it. If Yato is at the limit then Soul Resonance pushes him over the limit & without it the opponent's plan fall apart. Yato needs to be tuned into Maka's thoughts to land a slash on characters he can't see.

The opponent's team can't win in a fight due to Maka's shortcoming in maneuverability. Which Soul Resonance would cover the gap so Yato can come to her aid. But that wouldn't be allowed if Yato is at the limit.

My team is knowable enough not to run head first at a blade and use their maneuverability to stay out of the striking area. That is a simple tactic when both team have comparable speed but my team has greater agility/maneuverability.

Yato is not winning this fight alone and without Soul Resonance his team is not winning this fight together.

I actually ignored Yato being over the limit until somehow my team was too slow to compete. Which made me question how fast does Zets think Yato is.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: Alright, you're going to have to tag SFW to switch it to voting. He has me blocked.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@sirfizzwhizz: Going to voting I doubt you care. Although one of the few tourneys that finished.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Votes!

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Going to voting I doubt you care. Although one of the few tourneys that finished.

Awesome sauce. Will change title!