Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By marvelfan1992

Round 1: No Elder Wand for either wizard

Round 2: Voldemort has the Elder Wand

Bonus round: Voldemort has the Elder Wand but Albus has his body from when he was in his younger years (around the time of Fantastic Beasts)

Both wizards are going for the kill, no holding back

No Caption Provided

Thatoneguy887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dumbledore all rounds

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like how much people underestimate Voldemort.

Voldemort isn't winning the first round but the second round is 49/51 in Dumbledore's favour.

All_The_Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It can go either way but Dumbledore will always be the favorite

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: people underestimate Voldemort? How so? Haven't read a lot of the HP threads

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1. Probably still Dumbledore, though there's no way to really know.

Round 2. Logically Voldemort, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Dumbledore still won.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: People act like there is a big gap between Voldemort and Dumbledore.

Dumbledore took hours and hours to win against Grindelwald and Voldemort is said to be the greatest dark wizard of all time.

Imo he's closer to Dumbledore than Grindelwald was.

LimitlessSigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LimitlessSigil

Albus all three rounds

Round 1

Self explanatory

Round 2

Dumbledore beat Grindelwald who had the Elder Wand, don't see why he couldn't do the same with Voldemort.

Round 3

A younger body would definitely favor Albus, reaction speed is a key factor in duels and having a younger body would increase that.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 - Dumby

Round 2 - I don’t think an old Dumbledore should be able to beat a Tom with the Elder Wand.

Bonus- Young Dumby but is a looong duel.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is book version, Dumbledore wins all rounds. Dumbledore was honestly stomping Voldemort in the books, he would've killed him in a few spells if he hadn't used non-burning fire to attempt to incapacitate Riddle and had instead just burned him to death. He also expended some of his resources when he sent his animated soldiers away and never took the fight seriously, since he knew he couldn't permanently kill Voldemort.

The Elder Wand doesn't seem to provide much of an improvement in the books, Grindelwald was only slightly less skilled than Dumbledore and he still lost. The Wand was just powerful enough to paint a target on the back of the wielder but not so powerful that they are not vulnerable to the attentions of enemy wizards.

Spiders13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dummydore wins both rounds.

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq:

he would've killed him in a few spells

*cough*Horcruxes

non-burning fire to attempt to incapacitate Riddle and had instead just burned him to death.

An oxymoron. No where does it state that the fire was non-burning. If he used fire it's presumed it burns unless stated otherwise, which in this case it isn't. Voldy wasn't burned because he transfigured the fire in time.

He also expended some of his resources

These are 'his resources' that he won't have in an empty courtroom. It's illrelivant.

never took the fight seriously

He was calm and in control, but it doesn't mean he wasn't taking it seriously. Not saying Dumby wasn't winning but give Voldy some credit, he did counter Dumby's every attempt to incapacitate him: The statue that came at him, evaded by disapperating. Dumbedore's counterspell, blocked with a shield he conjured. The fire whip, transfigured into a snake that he sent at Dumbledore along with another killing curse which Dumby had to use Fawkes to counter while he dealt with the snake; now it's debatable as to whether or not Dumby needed Fawkes, but the fact that he used an outside source definitely calls into question as to whether or not he could have dealt with both threats by himself. The water cocoon, escaped via disapperating. They both countered each other's spells and while Dumby seemed to be a little more in control, he never actually subdued Voldy and he had help from Fawkes. He didn't come close to stomping Voldy, though he probably would have won eventually.

since he knew he couldn't permanently kill Voldemort.

Well there you go. Dumby wasn't trying to kill Voldy because he knew he couldn't. Doesn't mean he wasn't doing everything he could to incapacitate him, as it he tried with fire and water, which could have easily killed a regular mortal via burning or drowning(even if you dispute the fire whip, there is little denying the water cocoon would have suffocated him, had he not escaped).

The Elder Wand doesn't seem to provide much of an improvement in the books, Grindelwald was only slightly less skilled than Dumbledore and he still lost.

Which just goes to show how much better Dumby is than Grindel. The Wand was hyped pretty big in the books, no reason to assume it doesn't provide a significant magical advantage. We know from Harry's use of it that spells are much more powerful. It's definitely an advantage to any wizard who has, though Dumby may very well still beat Voldy, via skill.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dumbledore all rounds. More skilled and more powerful. Considering that he was holding back in OOTP, I'd hate to see a bloodlusted Albus.

R1: Dumbledore in a good fight.

R2: Really close match but Albus wins again on account of superior speed.

R3: Dumbledore again, only this time with more ease than the last one (maybe both of them, in fact).

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By marvelfan1992

@kilius: but didn't you know?! apparently despite all the glaring evidence that Albus had the EW, there is no factual proof or statement saying he was actually using it in his fight with Voldemort therefore you cannot assume he was using it

No Caption Provided

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dumbledore high dif round 1 and 3. Round 2 could go either way.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ArkhamAsylum3

Dumbledore all rounds.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Dumbledore in a good fight

R2: Voldemort wins. He already gave Dumbledore with the elder wand a run for his money, I don't see why if he had the elder wand and Dumbledore didn't (a buff to him while also a nerf to Dumbledore) he wouldn't win.

Bonus round: Idk, I'll wait for the fantastic beast movies to end before deciding on this.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 2

Dumbledore beat Grindelwald who had the Elder Wand, don't see why he couldn't do the same with Voldemort.

Because Voldemort is stronger than Grindelwald.

JoshTaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we don't take into factor that voldemort can't be killed without going through the horcruxes, then here's what I say:

round 1: dumbledore wins

Round 2: It would be a very tough fight. Voldy has a decisive advantage with the elder wand but I could still see dumbledore pulling a win here.

Round 3: Dumbledore would pull a win. He bested Grindelwald who was using the elder wand at the time. Voldy would prove to be a tougher challenge but I can still see him overcoming voldy.

Avatar image for thebluedragon20
thebluedragon20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dumbledore all rounds. I never saw the elder wand as that big of a factor. Dumbledore is more skilled, more powerful, and more experienced. With his younger body, he will be better physically as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dumbledore all rounds. People really need to stop wanking the Ministry fight in Voldemort's favour. Tom has the edge in speed, nothing more, and this was when Albus was holding back by a fair margin. With his morals removed, he wins all rounds pretty decisively.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

UlteriorMotive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly the most important part of this for me is the location - an empty field.

I seem to recall Albus relying a lot on environmental spells in his duels, whether it be using Fawkes to escape the Aurors, or bronze statues to shield himself from Tom's curses in the ministry. In my opinion the setting of the battle can only be an advantage to Tom based on what we've seen.

Nevertheless, I'm struggling to see Voldemort beat Dumbledore under any circumstances, elder wand or not. I've not kept track of FB properly but as of the original HP universe the elder wand was pretty featless other than some vague statements. It's supposed to be "the most powerful wand in existence", but it appears to be in the same way that the resurrection stone was alleged to "bring the dead back to life". The departed souls came back as mere shells of the people they used to be. Their powers aren't as absolute as they'd have you believe.

callmebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dumble all rounds

Medan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers