• 116 results
#1 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

Dumbledore gets four days prep and the elder wand.

The Marines get knowledge they will be attacked five minutes ahead.

Battle takes place in a forest filled with trees and rocks.

No invisibility but Dumbledore can use camo.

Start two kilometers away.

#2 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan

#3 Posted by Cergic (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

How is this fair for the marines? Dumbledore makes a wave and burns them all

#4 Posted by Con7879 (607 posts) - - Show Bio

Dumbledore

#5 Edited by Paytience (4709 posts) - - Show Bio

@cergic said:

How is this fair for Dumbledore?

Two Kilometers is FAR out of Dumbledore's range, yet well within range of the Marine's artillery, aircraft, snipers, etc. Dumbledore get's wrecked stomped. ONE Marine could wreck Dumbledore before he could cast. Use Camo? NV's. Use invisibility? IR.

#6 Posted by omriamar (7068 posts) - - Show Bio

Dumbledore stomps

#7 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (13227 posts) - - Show Bio

Dumbledore gets shot.

#8 Posted by dark-sith123 (4870 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a mismatch. Two marines get him without too much trouble, 50? They would stand a very good chance of sacking Hogwarts by themselves.

#9 Posted by AlexTheBoss (16902 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark-sith123: Lol no. Whatch the movies again, when Hogwartz attack an army of statues came out and kill the marines. Unless the marines got the drop on them they would be enialated by Hogwarts. A single marine could arguably kill a single average wizard in combat, but probably not a trained wizard. And Dumbledore could beat 50 if he played his cards right, though he could lose as well.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
#10 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

Marines just gun him down.

#11 Edited by AbstractRaze (2528 posts) - - Show Bio

Common marines? what if it are marines from Starcraft? well, be more accurate in your threads.

If they come as the Detachment-Delta Force from the US.

No Caption Provided

Or as the K.S.K Forces from Germany.

No Caption Provided

Then, Dumbledore could have a chance, but if they come as The Black Operations or Covert Operations, Dumbledore would have 0 chance, because the Black Operations are the best from the best marine units, which are directly recruited by the government at the hand with possible private corporations, so it could be Marines from different nationalities, which are also the best from the best in their countries as well, so, it's relative.

They would look like this and they would assassinate Dumbledore, I even dare to say, they would assassinate Dumbledore while using invincibility, Dumbledore is an easier prey than the Predator.

No Caption Provided

#12 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by foxerdes (9956 posts) - - Show Bio

Dumbledore murderstomps them.

#14 Posted by dark-sith123 (4870 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss:

Whatch the movies again, when Hogwartz attack an army of statues came out and kill the marines.

The statues might win if the Marines are dumb and only use guns. If they use grenades and keep a safe distance, they can beat the statues without suffering too many casualties.

Unless the marines got the drop on them they would be enialated by Hogwarts.

Nope. The only decisive way in which Hogwarts can survive without too much casualties is the shield, which wasn't penetrated by dozens of Bombarda spells each more powerful than a bullet. An overwhelming barrage of rifle fire+grenades might bring it down. If the marines penetrate the outer defenses, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts will have a true fight on their hands. Bullets are many times faster than spells, and wizards have dodged spells- why can't trained soldiers do so?

A single marine could arguably kill a single average wizard in combat, but probably not a trained wizard.

A trained wizard would definitely lose against a marine. Spell uttered, and the wizard would already have been gunned down like canon fodder.

And Dumbledore could beat 50 if he played his cards right

Not in a million years. He can't shield himself from bullets. He can't Apparate away fast enough to evade a bullet. No spell can clear 50 soldiers at once. Dumbledore gets stomped by half a dozen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c07a0327fd39
#15 Posted by deactivated-5c07a0327fd39 (4596 posts) - - Show Bio

Humans die

#16 Posted by AlexTheBoss (16902 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark-sith123: Well first off the Marines probably can't even carry enough ammo to take over Hogwatz. And Wizards can most likely block spells with shield charms. And fiend fire is plenty big enough to take down 50 people and they have no counter for it.

#17 Edited by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

Dumbledore stomps because he has prep. In A random encounter 50 marines shoot him down.

#18 Posted by Cergic (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

@cergic said:

Two Kilometers is FAR out of Dumbledore's range, yet well within range of the Marine's artillery, aircraft, snipers, etc. Dumbledore get's wrecked stomped. ONE Marine could wreck Dumbledore before he could cast. Use Camo? NV's. Use invisibility? IR.

I missed the 2km part. Makes it more difficult. But Dumbledore Prime was doing all sorts of amazing shit though, and he could TP.
He's got access to TK as well, so i'm not entire sure what's stopping him from making a stonebunker and then proceeds to make it rain fire, assuming he's able to do it fast enough. High tier Wizards are, apparently, REALLY fast as well.

#19 Edited by AlphaQ (6105 posts) - - Show Bio

Dumbledore should be able to easily use his magical knowledge to make something that would take them all out at once. Even a simple Mandrake plant would kill all the soldiers, and regular wizards have used them. Or he could animate an army of statues. Or even use gaseous potions to incapacitate them.

#20 Posted by dark-sith123 (4870 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss:

Good point on ammo, but 50 guys? I wager they'd have enough to put up a good fight. While I don't think 50 marines can completely sack Hogwarts, I think they can at least put up an excellent fight and cripple the wizards.

Wizards can't block bullets with *shield charms- mainly because they'll get blitzed. And if the Marines throw grenades, it's boom party.

Fiendfyre? Shoot the source. Anyway, Fiendfyre takes time to conjure in battle. The speed of bullets is insane. People act as if the marines will give him time. This is a fight. They see the target, they instantly rain fire on it.

@alphaq

What spell can be conjured or device/trinket be used that can take out 50 soldiers at once? He has to be there, you know. The soldiers see the target, they neutralize it. Dumbledore gets shot a few hundreds of times. He'll be gone before he can say "ouch" or budge an inch. Mandrakes would probably cause them some pain and maybe knock them out, but Dumbledore would very, very likely be shot up before he could use it.

Albus is dead.

#21 Edited by AbstractRaze (2528 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by DrunkHC (750 posts) - - Show Bio

Marines making use of marksman rifles have a range of over 600 meters, with snipers over 1000 meters. Dumbledore does not even have feats diverting from pistols, the wizard is destroyed.

#23 Posted by AlphaQ (6105 posts) - - Show Bio

@alphaq

What spell can be conjured or device/trinket be used that can take out 50 soldiers at once? He has to be there, you know. The soldiers see the target, they neutralize it. Dumbledore gets shot a few hundreds of times. He'll be gone before he can say "ouch" or budge an inch. Mandrakes would probably cause them some pain and maybe knock them out, but Dumbledore would very, very likely be shot up before he could use it.

Albus is dead.

We have seen Dumbledore animate several statues at a time with one spell, these statues then went on to tank Bellatrix Lestrange's curses and even some of Voldemort's depending on how much effort he exerted. Now I don't want to say that magical spells in Harry Potter are consistently this powerful but we have seen spells that have destroyed entire streets, killing dozens of Muggles and opening the surface of the street to the sewers. And this was one sub-par wizard. But as I said, I don't want to pretend that all spells are like that, because they're not, but Dumbledore has access to and can defend against high levels of power. I would say at the very least those statues can tank enough energy to pulverize a table or desk judging from other feats of collateral, which is more or less enough to tank gunfire. We've also seen McGonagall instantly activate the sentries of Hogwarts which consisted of hundreds of solid stone statues and also create stone statues herself. So I don't see how Dumbledore's statues could be countered.

I question whether they can see Dumbledore, he can at least make himself partially invisible and has a gadget that he has used that can remove the light sources from an area.

I don't see how he wouldn't be able to react, he has outreacted several people at once to KO and has cast spells in a split-second, as well as kept up casually with Voldemort who can duel three people at once, which is outside the speed of real life humans.

Dumbledore can use his teleportation to get close to the soldiers to use the full power of the Mandrake whenever he wants. It's not like he has to walk up to them.

That's not even getting into other weird stuff like dark magic spells that enchant writing that forces the reader to keep reading for the rest of their lives or luck potions or enchanting vehicles to run over all the soldiers in one go.

#24 Posted by Paytience (4709 posts) - - Show Bio

@cergic said:
@paytience said:
@cergic said:

I missed the 2km part. Makes it more difficult. But Dumbledore Prime was doing all sorts of amazing shit though, and he could TP.

He's got access to TK as well, so i'm not entire sure what's stopping him from making a stonebunker and then proceeds to make it rain fire, assuming he's able to do it fast enough. High tier Wizards are, apparently, REALLY fast as well.

What's stopping him is speed and violence of action. 50 Marines? That's a platoon, plus a recon unit, and a heavy weapons team, at least.

A weapons platoon will usually have a first lieutenant (O-2) and a gunnery sergeant (E-7) due to the generally larger number of Marines (up to 69 in the 81mm mortar platoon) in these platoons (the heavy machinegun platoon being the exception with only 28 members) and the more complex weapon systems employed. A rifle company weapons platoon has a 60mm mortar section of 13 Marines with three M224 LWCMS 60mm mortar squads, an assault section of 13 Marines and six SMAW rocket launchers divided into three squads of two teams each, and a medium machine gun section of 22 Marines and six M240G general-purpose machine guns divided into three squads of two teams each. The infantry battalion weapons company consists of three heavy weapons platoons: 81mm mortar, heavy machinegun (.50cal HMG and 40mm AGL), and anti armor (Javelin missile and Antitank TOW missile). Each of these three platoons is divided into sections. Three sections of two squads each in the heavy machinegun platoon, two sections of four squads each in the 81mm mortar platoon, one section of two squads with four teams each in the Javelin missile section, and one section of four squads with two teams each in the antitank TOW missile section. Marine rifle or weapons platoons would also have from one to four navy hospital corpsmen assigned along with the Marines.

Marines train for 2/10-1/4 of a second from contact to fire. The 1/10 of second it takes for the synapses in your brain to process the information, and 1/10 of a second to aim and squeeze the trigger; and they're accurate enough that an investigation was opened after the Battle of Falleuja, because it was suspected the Marines might have been executing enemy combatants, due to the amount of head shots the Marines were credited with.
The investigation found that those shots were being made in excess of several hundred yards.

Wizards, any wizard will get wrecked before they ever get their wand up.
Dumbledore gets smoked.

#25 Posted by DrunkHC (750 posts) - - Show Bio

How is this old man going to camouflage himself? Marines would easily track him down.

No Caption Provided
#26 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (13227 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk much about Harry Potter but would Dumbledore be willing to use death magic on humans? Even with 4 days prep.

Is he morals off?

#27 Edited by SocaJunkie (8322 posts) - - Show Bio

@alphaq said:

Dumbledore should be able to easily use his magical knowledge to make something that would take them all out at once. Even a simple Mandrake plant would kill all the soldiers, and regular wizards have used them. Or he could animate an army of statues. Or even use gaseous potions to incapacitate them.

Yea this. You can clearly see the difference between the book readers and the films only people in this thread. He was also moving completely FTE to most Death Eaters and one-shotting them: these DE's had the year 5 'army' outclassed.

#28 Posted by DrunkHC (750 posts) - - Show Bio

Albus Dumbledore's Forceful Spell, is spell with higher DC of the wizard?
#29 Posted by AlexTheBoss (16902 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark-sith123: I mean they could put up a good fight if they came un expected. A prepared Hogwarts held back hundreds of death eaters, giants, etc. And I'm pretty sure killing the source of fiend fire doesn't stop it and Voldemort could cast it quickly so I assume Dumbledore could too. Voldemort and Dumbledore are on another level compared to most wizards, they could take over 10 normal wizards on at once.

#30 Edited by AlphaQ (6105 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie said:
@alphaq said:

Yea this. You can clearly see the difference between the book readers and the films only people in this thread. He was also moving completely FTE to most Death Eaters and one-shotting them: these DE's had the year 5 'army' outclassed.

These filthy casuals should know their place.

For real though I can't tell how someone could not have read the Harry Potter books in their childhood. I don't think I had the power of concentration until I read those books.

#31 Edited by SocaJunkie (8322 posts) - - Show Bio

@alphaq said:

These filthy casuals should know their place.

For real though I can't tell how someone could not have read the Harry Potter books in their childhood. I don't think I had the power of concentration until I read those books.

Lmao, reading the HP books is like a British rite of passage.

#32 Posted by dark-sith123 (4870 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss:

I mean they could put up a good fight if they came un expected.

If they sneak up on the wizards they all die.

A prepared Hogwarts held back hundreds of death eaters,

Something that, in a direct combat situation, could probably be done by the Marines.

giants,

Heavy weaponry such as rocket launchers, antitank missiles or grenades could easily take care of this.

Everything Hogwarts can do, the Marines can replicate. Once they get past the outer defenses, they can bring the structure down with said heavy weaponry.

And I'm pretty sure killing the source of fiend fire doesn't stop it

Even then, I don't think Fiendfyre can kill 50 soldiers.

This is, of course, if we assume he managed to conjure Fiendfyre, which given the heavy weaponry he's facing, has less than a 1% chance of happening.

and Voldemort could cast it quickly so I assume Dumbledore could too.

In the time Voldemort cast it, one hundred bullets would have hit him. Same with Dumbledore who isn't that much better than Voldemort.

Voldemort and Dumbledore are on another level compared to most wizards, they could take over 10 normal wizards on at once.

True- we saw how easily Grindelwald, a Voldemort/Dumbledore tier guy, was handily beating ten Aurors. However, dozens of normal wizards, spawn as many as you want, they won't survive against the Marines- and if it's less than 100, they won't stand much of a chance at all.

The 50 Marines could probably take on Hogwarts- look at post #24 with descriptions of their weaponry- Dumbledore alone does not stand a chance.

#33 Posted by AlexTheBoss (16902 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark-sith123: I think you are heavily underestimating top tier wizards and wizards in general. I could see the 50 Marines beating Dumbledore, but they aren't beating Hogwartz and a coupe of marines aren't beating Dumbledore.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

#34 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#35 Posted by SocaJunkie (8322 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea Albus still takes this with mandrakes.

#36 Edited by dark-sith123 (4870 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are mismatches related to Harry Potter being bumped? Marines horrifically curbstomp him to the ground. 10 is overkill let alone 50.

#37 Posted by Chubbs (892 posts) - - Show Bio

I assume Dumbledore can conjure up some sort of shield spell that can disintegrate whatever bullets or grenades they try to use against him. I can’t imagine he would ever lose with how much prep he gets in this fight.

#38 Posted by Necromancer76 (3769 posts) - - Show Bio

Dumbledore.

#39 Posted by dark-sith123 (4870 posts) - - Show Bio

Dumbledore's range is far weaker than the Marines' own, and magical plants would easily be blown up. Furthermore, the Marines' weaponry can cause far more damage than Dumbledore's own. You'd think the wizards would attempt open war if one wizard was this powerful. Five marines beat him down. Fifty is so lopsided the word curbstomp is a meager adjective to describe this fight.

#40 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#41 Posted by depinhom (13506 posts) - - Show Bio

Can he death curse 50 men all at once?

#42 Edited by FromBeyond (1042 posts) - - Show Bio

@drpepperman

If dumbledore manages to apparate in behind enemy lines, he can use a disillusionment charm. This way he can walk in behind them undetected. This does not violate the OP because a disillusionment charm does not provide invisibility, it instead gives the user perfect camouflage. All Dumbledore then needs to do is cast imperio on a few of the marines and mind control them to shoot their allies. The ensuing confusion will give dumbledore plenty of time to finish off his opponents in any way he sees fit.

And bear in mind Dumbledore's intelligence far outstrips anyone on CV. If I thought of that in 30 seconds, imagine what Albus could come up with in four days. I give dumbledore a resounding victory, he has too many ways to win.

#43 Posted by FromBeyond (1042 posts) - - Show Bio

@depinhom said:

Doesn't need to. He has so many ways to win given 4 days prep, his vast intelligence and prodigious skill.

#44 Edited by Alavanka (2385 posts) - - Show Bio

Realistically? Marines.

Dumbledore is either getting sniped in an open field or he gets clipped walking into a room indoors. I very much doubt anyone in the HPverse can straight up dodge bullets, and the spells are moving slow enough for unathletic teenagers with no real physical training to dodge. Plus, I am certain Dumbledore doesn't know how to clear a room.

#45 Posted by depinhom (13506 posts) - - Show Bio

@depinhom said:

Doesn't need to. He has so many ways to win given 4 days prep, his vast intelligence and prodigious skill.

I think this fight would be more interesting if the marines were storming Hogwarts and it wasn't him coming after them.

#46 Posted by FromBeyond (1042 posts) - - Show Bio

@depinhom said:
@frombeyond said:
@depinhom said:

I think this fight would be more interesting if the marines were storming Hogwarts and it wasn't him coming after them.

I think the marines would be absolutely obliterated if they tried to storm hogwarts, unless they were allowed to use large scale artillery and bombs etc. which the OP doesnt say they can.

#47 Posted by FromBeyond (1042 posts) - - Show Bio

@alavanka said:

Realistically? Marines.

Dumbledore is either getting sniped in an open field or he gets clipped walking into a room indoors. I very much doubt anyone in the HPverse can straight up dodge bullets, and the spells are moving slow enough for unathletic teenagers with no real physical training to dodge. Plus, I am certain Dumbledore doesn't know how to clear a room.

You can't hit what you can't see, and a disillusionment charm would make sure they can't see him. Marines don't have thermal vision goggles with them as standard gear, so that rules that out. And clear a room? How about blow the room to pieces with reducto or bombarda?.

#48 Posted by depinhom (13506 posts) - - Show Bio

@depinhom said:
@frombeyond said:
@depinhom said:

I think the marines would be absolutely obliterated if they tried to storm hogwarts, unless they were allowed to use large scale artillery and bombs etc. which the OP doesnt say they can.

Well, I meant storm Hogwarts but only Dumbledore is there.

What you said would be a cool idea too though.

#49 Posted by FromBeyond (1042 posts) - - Show Bio

@depinhom said:
@frombeyond said:
@depinhom said:
@frombeyond said:
@depinhom said:

Well, I meant storm Hogwarts but only Dumbledore is there.

What you said would be a cool idea too though.

Dumbledore wouldn't even have to move in that situation. They would have absolutely zero way of getting through his protective enchantments. Bullets and grenades wouldn't cut it, and they don't have magic to undo it.

#50 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.