Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Fighters: Drizzt Vs Darth Maul

Morals are on and they start at opposite ends.

Darth Maul can only use the force to increase his physical qualities. (This is pre Clone Wars Maul. No robotic legs..)

Drizzt gear is limited to his two magical scimitars (Iceingdeath & Twinkle) and his bracers of blinding strike (worn around his ankles)

Round 2: Maul has full access to his Force powers, and Drizzt to all his equipment.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing at all?

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kinasin_

Drizzt. The fact is Drizzt takes on ridiculously hax wizards and wins. He also has precog, and amped superhuman reflexes.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Kinasin_ said:

He also has precog, and amped superhuman reflexes.

As does Maul.

Owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5  Edited By Owie

I would guess Maul's lightsaber could cut through Drizzt's swords, which is always an unfortunate aspect of most jedi/sith vs other swordfighter battles.

I think Drzzt is a pretty good match for him though. What an amazing entry Drizzt has here on CV! I would never have guessed it.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kinasin_

@Deranged Midget said:

@Kinasin_ said:

As does Maul.

He has the bracers of blinding strike on legs which already amp his superhuman reflexes further. Then globes of darkness as well.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kinasin_

@Owie said:

I would guess Maul's lightsaber could cut through Drizzt's swords, which is always an unfortunate aspect of most jedi/sith vs other swordfighter battles.

I think Drzzt is a pretty good match for him though. What an amazing entry Drizzt has here on CV! I would never have guessed it.

You can't really say they can cut through a substance that is indestructible and enchanted.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Soulstealer

@Owie said:

Or inversely Iceingdeath eats the heat of Maul's saber. Now I don't think that happens, however I thought I'd point out how assumptions might not want to be jumped to. Personally I'm not sure who wins this one. I'd think The Force might make Maul more versatile however Drizzt has shown his ability to not only defeat his opponents through raw skill and physicality but also ingenuity and guile.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kinasin_

@Soulstealer said:

@Owie said:

Or inversely Iceingdeath eats the heat of Maul's saber. Now I don't think that happens, however I thought I'd point out how assumptions might not want to be jumped to. Personally I'm not sure who wins this one. I'd think The Force might make Maul more versatile however Drizzt has shown his ability to not only defeat his opponents through raw skill and physicality but also ingenuity and guile.

He can only force amp his physical abilities in this fight.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#10  Edited By Joygirl

Drizzt in a very very close match. He should be close to Maul physically, and the enchanted swords (Icingdeath in particular) should be able to parry the sabers. After that, it's left to skill where Drizzt has no equal, though Maul shouldn't fall far behind. He should also be more intelligent and possibly able to exploit Maul's arrogance.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Static Shock

Got a bunch of Forgotten Realms books that I haven't read yet. All of them featuring Drizzt.

38 Studios needs to make action RPG with Drizzt as the main character.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By ReVamp

@Static Shock said:

Got a bunch of Forgotten Realms books that I haven't read yet. All of them featuring Drizzt.

Indeed.

I read the 4th book (first, that is) and absolutely loved it. Reading the first book then was kinda meh to me, and got bored by the second book.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Static Shock

@ReVamp: I just started reading the books. Reading Homeland #2 as we speak.

ShadowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShadowKing

Drizzt.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ReVamp

@Static Shock said:

@ReVamp: I just started reading the books. Reading Homeland #2 as we speak.

Ah. I meant the actual books, not the comics. Ooops. xP. I'm considering reading the comics though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 2: Maul has full access to his Force powers, and Drizzt to all his equipment.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By 80sBaby

Drizzt wins this. He's more experienced and, judging from their respective fight histories, he's the better swordsman by far.

Owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18  Edited By Owie

@Kinasin_ said:

@Owie said:

You can't really say they can cut through a substance that is indestructible and enchanted.

I'm not sure that the enchanted part (unless the enchantment is that they're indestructible) would matter much, but if they're considered indestructible on the par of, say, Black Knight's Ebony Blade, then I'd say they'd do OK against the lightsaber. Lightsabers are usually considered to be able to cut through anything up to and possibly including adamantium. What kind of durability feats do the swords have? Have they stood up to, say, hellfire or lightning or anything like that?

@Soulstealer said:

Interesting point. Lightsabers are plasma, and thus not exactly heat, but it's possible it'd reduce the lightsaber's effectiveness somewhat.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Maul.

Hands down.

Drizzt has blinding fast reflexes but has no feats that would compete with Maul's higher end achievements. I can take Drizzt beating the likes of Batman and his ilk. But I believe we're pushing the envelope too far here.

And yes, I've read quite a bit of Salvatore's novels.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kinasin_

@ReVamp said:

@Static Shock said:

Indeed.

I read the 4th book (first, that is) and absolutely loved it. Reading the first book then was kinda meh to me, and got bored by the second book.

Why the hell would you start with the fourth book.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock

@ReVamp said:

Ah. I meant the actual books, not the comics. Ooops. xP. I'm considering reading the comics though.

Oh, so there's novels, too?

I think you've given me a reason to start reading novels again.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kinasin_

@Static Shock said:

@ReVamp said:

The novels are what the comic series is based on.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#23  Edited By Joygirl

As far as the novels go... I dunno. The stories are good but I don't think they're all his, and neither are all of the characters. One thing I can certainly award Salvatore is top notch fight scenes.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Kinasin_ said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Kinasin_ said:

As does Maul.

He has the bracers of blinding strike on legs which already amp his superhuman reflexes further. Then globes of darkness as well.

I have absolutely no knowledge of Drizzt hence why I'm not partaking in this battle, merely stating that Maul is not to be underestimated.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kinasin_

Here's my collection.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Static Shock

@Kinasin_ said:

So, the novels are tied in with the comics, then? I wouldn't have to read the novels, or are the novels side-stories? I'm confused.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ReVamp

@Kinasin_ said:

@ReVamp said:

@Static Shock said:

Indeed.

I... Wow, why would you even care?

Seriously, I have good reason to have started on the book I did and you've just show yourself to be an ignorant idiot.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ReVamp

@Static Shock said:

@ReVamp said:

Yes I have. I'll give you more reasons, if you want.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kinasin_

@Static Shock said:

@Kinasin_ said:

So, the novels are tied in with the comics, then? I wouldn't have to read the novels, or are the novels side-stories? I'm confused.

Essentially you would want to read the novels as they are the original stores. The comics are just retelling the novels story but with a lot of missing content.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Joygirl said:

The stories are good but I don't think they're all his, and neither are all of the characters.

Wizards of the Coast technically owns the characters. But Drizzt and all his companions of the Hall, along with Entreri, Jarlaxle, Cadderly, Pwent, etc are all his characters of his creation.

@Kinasin_: My collection is a bit insane. I own every novel in hardback and softback. Along with a Drizzt board game, Legend of Drizzt guide, replicas of his swords, a custom made costume (2nd edition look, not Lockwoods redesign), plus miniatures, comics, and every short story he has appeared in.

<--fanboy. lol

@Static Shock: The first series of comics are just retellings of the novels in a comic form. However the new series of comics that are out now. Take place between Neverwinter books 2 and 3. Neverwinter 3 also titled Charon's Claw is set to come out this August.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Kinasin_

@ReVamp said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@ReVamp said:

@Static Shock said:

Indeed.

I... Wow, why would you even care?

Seriously, I have good reason to have started on the book I did and you've just show yourself to be an ignorant idiot.

At least I know enough to start with the first book in a series. Feel free to explain your reasoning, but with you know, less name calling.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kinasin_

@Alurvelve said:

@Kinasin_: My collection is a bit insane. I own every novel in hardback and softback. Along with a Drizzt board game, Legend of Drizzt guide, replicas of his swords, a custom made costume (2nd edition look, not Lockwoods redesign), plus miniatures, comics, and every short story he has appeared in.

<--fanboy. lol

That's awesome bro. I've read a few of the comics and enjoyed them. I think I'm behind a couple novels so I plan on reading those before I pick up more of the comics.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ReVamp

@Kinasin_ said:

At least I know enough to start with the first book in a series. Feel free to explain your reasoning, but with you know, less name calling.

You're the one that posted a "may god have mercy on your soul" image, spontaneously, with no apparent reason behind it. So I don't know why you're trying to play victim with the "less name calling".

And the reason I started in the fourth book is because I was in the middle of nowhere, on a vacation, in a country with a language I couldn't comprehend. The book was one of three English books in a store with hundreds of books in the native language, so quite honestly I didn't even care what it was about when I picked it up (I didn't know who Drizzt was at the time) I just wanted something to read. I'd have read anything that would occupy my time, it just pure coincidence that it ended up being one of the most enjoyable books I've read.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kinasin_ said:

Because the fourth book is the one that is first in chronological order. Homeland (the 4th book) timeline wise takes place before books 1, 2, 3 which is the Icewind Dale trilogy.

@Owie said:

I'm not sure that the enchanted part (unless the enchantment is that they're indestructible) would matter much, but if they're considered indestructible on the par of, say, Black Knight's Ebony Blade, then I'd say they'd do OK against the lightsaber. Lightsabers are usually considered to be able to cut through anything up to and possibly including adamantium. What kind of durability feats do the swords have? Have they stood up to, say, hellfire or lightning or anything like that?

Both of the scimitars are made from superior metals than simple steel. D&D statistic wise the enchantments of a weapon increases a blades durability/resistance.

Off the top of my head the blades have withstood blows from powerful beings like Ertuu a Balor, and King Obould who was empowered by the Orc God Gruumsh, and wielded a greatsword which is engulfed in flames.

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Drizzt has blinding fast reflexes but has no feats that would compete with Maul's higher end achievements. I can take Drizzt beating the likes of Batman and his ilk. But I believe we're pushing the envelope too far here.

We've seen Drizzt take on hordes of Orc, squads of Drow and make it all look easy. We've seen him down giants, dragons, demons, and powerful wizards and clerics. Defeated some of the best swordsman the Forgotten Realms has to offer.

He has been shown to draw his blades from their sheaths in a blink of an eye. His movements have been commented as being just a blur. I would say he has more than enough achievements to hang with Maul.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kinasin_

@ReVamp said:

@Kinasin_ said:

You're the one that posted a "may god have mercy on your soul" image, spontaneously, with no apparent reason behind it. So I don't know why you're trying to play victim with the "less name calling".

And the reason I started in the fourth book is because I was in the middle of nowhere, on a vacation, in a country with a language I couldn't comprehend. The book was one of three English books in a store with hundreds of books in the native language, so quite honestly I didn't even care what it was about when I picked it up (I didn't know who Drizzt was at the time) I just wanted something to read. I'd have read anything that would occupy my time, it just pure coincidence that it ended up being one of the most enjoyable books I've read.

Didn't know someone throwing a dorky meme of batman would irk you enough to call another person an, "ignorant idiot". In the future I'll refrain from such as to not upset you. Still, your reasoning for jumping into the fourth book isn't really sound to me. If you knew you were going to a place without anything for you to do beyond kicking back and reading; then why didn't you bring some reading material with you. Even in the same situation I wouldn't just jump into the fourth book of a series even if I was desperate for something to do.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ReVamp

@Alurvelve said:

@Kinasin_ said:

Because the fourth book is the one that is first in chronological order. Homeland (the 4th book) timeline wise takes place before books 1, 2, 3 which is the Icewind Dale trilogy.

Lol, that's actually misinterpreted. By your numbering order, I'd have started with the first book, the Crystal Shard. That's what he means, since I technically started at a weird point. It perfectly questionable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp said:

Lol, that's actually misinterpreted. By your numbering order, I'd have started with the first book, the Crystal Shard. That's what he means, since I technically started at a weird point. It perfectly questionable.

It's not my numbering but a very common misconception. Crystal Shard was the first book that came out. So it's often mistaken as the first book of the bunch.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Static Shock

@ReVamp said:

Yes I have. I'll give you more reasons, if you want.

PMs. Now.

@Alurvelve said:

@Static Shock: The first series of comics are just retellings of the novels in a comic form. However the new series of comics that are out now. Take place between Neverwinter books 2 and 3. Neverwinter 3 also titled Charon's Claw is set to come out this August.

Okay. I'm assuming Charon's Claw is also featuring Drizzt?

@Kinasin_ said:

Essentially you would want to read the novels as they are the original stores. The comics are just retelling the novels story but with a lot of missing content.

Okay. Thank you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:

Okay. I'm assuming Charon's Claw is also featuring Drizzt?

Correct. I'll refrain from posting too much more about it as some things might be spoilers. For those who haven't read all the novels.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ReVamp

@Kinasin_ said:

Didn't know someone throwing a dorky meme of batman would irk you enough to call another person an, "ignorant idiot". I

It isn't. The fact you have "god" in it on the otherhand, is. If you meant nothing by it, then perhaps the reaction doesn't seem justified, but you definitely came off as a condescending, rude brat. If you're nothing of the kind, then I'm sorry.

In the future I'll refrain from such as to not upset you. Still, your reasoning for jumping into the fourth book isn't really sound to me. then why didn't you bring some reading material with you.

And how does one thing relate to the other? Because it really doesn't. I have a perfectly acceptable reason to have picked up the book, which was because I was absolutely desperate. Even if for some reason I wasn't responsible when packing up books (which doesn't have anything to do with the matter at hand), which I was, the reasoning is still perfect. I was desperate, thus I bought the book. I didn't even check to see whether it was the first, second or twelfth book in the series.

If you knew you were going to a place without anything for you to do beyond kicking back and reading;

I'm sorry, what? Never mind the assumptions you've just made, you're absolutely wrong.

Even in the same situation I wouldn't just jump into the fourth book of a series even if I was desperate for something to do.

That just means that we're different people. I'd rather not spend my days on top of a bed staring at the ceiling, if you would, just because you don't want to read a book halfway through -- that's fine with me, I couldn't care less.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ReVamp

@Alurvelve said:

@ReVamp said:

It's not my numbering but a very common misconception. Crystal Shard was the first book that came out. So it's often mistaken as the first book of the bunch.

I know what you mean. I'm just saying that we were calling Crystal Shard the fourth book and Homeland the first. So what you said didn't technically make sense, even though you're arguably right.

(And not that it really matters, but I'm pretty sure that since the trilogies were reprinted at The Legend of Drizzt that they officially named Homeland the first book. xP. )

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp: My point was that there are valid reasons why someone might not start with Homeland as book one.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ReVamp

@Alurvelve said:

@ReVamp: My point was that there are valid reasons why someone might not start with Homeland as book one.

Oh, I misread that then. So yeah, that's a valid point.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Static Shock

@Alurvelve said:

Correct. I'll refrain from posting too much more about it as some things might be spoilers. For those who haven't read all the novels.

So, Charon's Claw isn't a comic book?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock: Neverwinter: Charon's Claw is the next Drizzt novel set to release in August.

Charon's Claw also happens to be the name of Artemis Entreri's sword.

The series below is the newest comic series. The events in those comics take place before Charon's Claw.

http://www.comicvine.com/dungeons-dragons-the-legend-of-drizzt-neverwinter-tales/49-42318/

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Static Shock

@Alurvelve: Okay. I have that series on deck. I may consider getting into the novels later on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock: The novels are a great read. If you even remotely enjoy the comic series so far. You will love the novels. Because there is so much more depth to the novels compared to the comics. I've read through each novel at least twice, some of them I've read up to five times before. They're a series I suggest to anyone who enjoys the fantasy genre or loves to read a good fight scene. Something Mr Salvatore excels at.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Alurvelve:

Though not quite the aficionado you are, I know most of Drizzt's feats and the adversaries he's brought low ... for more than a few, he had help from Bruenor, Wulgar and company. These battles have got to be enumerated in context as many were defeated via help from plot (i.e Icingdeath) as well. And, with the exception of a few listed (saber strokes faster than the eye can follow admittedly being one), little of what he's done compares to some of Maul's higher end feats (and I quote our resident expert Silver2467);

Maul has made two consecutive saber strokes so fast that an onlooker would be unable to see either one or distinguish which occurred first. He has thrown five blows in an eyeflick. He performs practices wherein he delivers ten thousand attacks and repeats this exercise one hundred times a day (while still finding time each day for sleep, study, and missions). He has moved his blade fast enough to form webs and shields out of numerous blurring motions. He has deflected and evaded fire from twenty shooters simultaneously. He has deflected fire from dozens of Gungan soldiers at once and then proceeded to plow through a twenty meter area's worth of those same soldiers. He has fought and killed the miniature armies that Black Sun sent after him (most of whom were armed). I could go on. Maul's sheer reaction speed in conjunction with his Force senses should be sufficient.

I feel that Maul's reaction speed has Drizzt trumped and he's easily taken on more adversaries at one time than Drizzt has - with armaments, in multiples and moving at speeds far superior to anything Drizzt has had to stave off.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Soulstealer

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Alurvelve:

Though not quite the aficionado you are, I know most of Drizzt's feats and the adversaries he's brought low ... for more than a few, he had help from Bruenor, Wulgar and company. These battles have got to be enumerated in context as many were defeated via help from plot (i.e Icingdeath) as well. And, with the exception of a few listed (saber strokes faster than the eye can follow admittedly being one), little of what he's done compares to some of Maul's higher end feats (and I quote our resident expert Silver2467);

Maul has made two consecutive saber strokes so fast that an onlooker would be unable to see either one or distinguish which occurred first. He has thrown five blows in an eyeflick. He performs practices wherein he delivers ten thousand attacks and repeats this exercise one hundred times a day (while still finding time each day for sleep, study, and missions). He has moved his blade fast enough to form webs and shields out of numerous blurring motions. He has deflected and evaded fire from twenty shooters simultaneously. He has deflected fire from dozens of Gungan soldiers at once and then proceeded to plow through a twenty meter area's worth of those same soldiers. He has fought and killed the miniature armies that Black Sun sent after him (most of whom were armed). I could go on. Maul's sheer reaction speed in conjunction with his Force senses should be sufficient.

I feel that Maul's reaction speed has Drizzt trumped and he's easily taken on more adversaries at one time than Drizzt has - with armaments, in multiples and moving at speeds far superior to anything Drizzt has had to stave off.

While I feel that you might have a point, about Maul's reaction time, I'd also point out that Drizzt defeated Dantrag Baenre to gain the Bracers of Blinding Strike in the first place. He's obviously nowhere near as skilled as Maul however his attacks were so fast that Drizzt had trouble following them. Still using instinct and superior skill he won that particular fight to gain said bracers.

I'm putting that out there simply to say that even if Maul is faster in reflexes that doesn't insta-win the battle for him.

Also I'd agree about Maul taking on more foes perhaps, but I'd disagree about those foes moving faster (unless you mean Maul was moving faster which I think I'd also agree to), and I think I'd maybe even argue about them having better armaments.

Drizzt has taken on multiple Drow females in combat (during The Battle of Mithral Hall I believe he fought two at once) and in their society they're better trained and physically they simply have better stats. That's not to say that they had feats, but they're physically superior which is a fact. It's mentioned a few times about their size advantage and we've seen males easily over powered physically (even Drizzt himself) and if I remember the fight correctly they were faster than him and using weapons designed to paralyze and also inflict pain that can also strike from multiple directions at once in the form of the snake headed whips that they use.

Avatar image for chrismcneil1911
chrismcneil1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By chrismcneil1911

drizzit all the way especially second round if he has excess to his panther