No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc8daab15c82
deactivated-5bc8daab15c82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Drizzt Do'Urden both rounds, he's killed things and people more powerful than Talion.

Avatar image for deactivated-61469eb5765d0
deactivated-61469eb5765d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was really on the salvatore train when he started out BUT this was no simple character creation THIS was drizzt do'urden the main focal point of every recent salvatore book. By the time the author realized what had happened all other supporting characters had already fallen. On topic, the Hunter wins

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf88faef2b3a
deactivated-5bf88faef2b3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guenhwyvar really tips this in Drizzts favor. The panther is highly resistant to magical attacks making most of Talion's special abilities useless.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solo788: Except for Jarlaxle or however his name is spelt. Why does Salvatore refuse to kill him off?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brokenoverlord: naw you have it right. I think he has an attachment to non standard drow. I honestly enjoyed wulfgars development and was kinda sad when I found out he was supposed to be the titular character but was sidelined due to fan reception. Gotta go with the cash I guess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solo788: I think I've got a new found appreciation for Drizzt, but the dude can be a little much, and I think with Salvatore is that he wanted to move on, but he got scared that someone else would take Drizzt and ruin him, at least that's what I think I read, don't remember where through.

And yeah Wulfgar is a badass.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is drizzt from??

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grinningf0x: forgotten realms series, specifically authored by ra salvatore. I feel like he lost his touch but his earlier novels before the transitions were great. Personal favorite was the clerical quintet, still set in forgotten realms but focusing on a young priest

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drizzt trumps Talion as a swordsman and has way better gear, however Talion trumps Drizzt in terms of versatility. Still, with Guen helping Drizzt and him being much more experienced fighter, he should win more often than not.

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drizzt is not really a good matchup for Talion. Like @the_wspanialy: noticed Drizzts skill and gear leave Talion in the dust. More importantly though, Drizzt has feats that make Talion look like a child playing with a stick.

Some of the feats for Drizzt include:

-defeating a Errtu in a 1v1 combat, a balor warlord level demon who was established as casual city buster on top of having vastly multiton strength, near invulnerability to both regular and magical harm and a ton of hax and overpowered weapons at his dusposal.

- defeating an archmage powered by Crenshinibon, an artifact of multidimensional importance that allowed the user mind dominance over entire armies, powerful magic abilities and gax, telekinesis, ability to create city-busting relic towers and so on. Basically, Drizzt beat a user of immensly buffed Ring of Power.

- penetrating and clearing an ice giant lair together with rookie Wulfgar, slaying dozens of 10+ tonner giants on the way.

- solo'ing a lair of Bar-Ghasts overlords, again, massively multi-ton giants with magic, hax, shapeshifting etc. with only one of his swords. Most of these feats included Drizzt fight literally ALL of the enemies at once, not going through them one by one like Talion usually does in boss fights.

- Winning a solo fight against Quickling, a speedster capable of moving any of his limbs 100 times per second

- Slaying and beating at least several dragons, which in FR are just as impressive if not more to LotR dragons when it comes to size, strength, magic, intellect, invulnerability, breath power etc.

- beating several swordsmen regarded as the best in his lore (example Zaknafein, Artemis, Dantrag)

- on top of that countless feats of slaying entire armies of orcs, drow, demons and undead of all kinds in a solo vs army scenario.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talion has the ability to win if he plays it smart.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicgirl21: I agree with your assessment but some of these require context

He was going to be an easy kill for errtu but his recently plundered sword icingdeath literally saved his life and vanquished the demon and the ring of fire he was dragging drizzt into. His later victory was with his full group who had access to magical arrows,a magical warhammer, mithral armor and the aforementioned sword

Alkar kessel had extreme power but died by hubris, he wasted his time with his mirror magic James bond trap. Which allowed drizzt to use flour to cover the towers heart. Alkar then foolishly pulled energy and killed himself in an avalanche.

Giant fight was dope not arguing there but they weren't 10+ tonner during that fight a veeberg got wulfgar in a bear hug and failed to break any bones. In later books wulfgar straight up out muscled one. The ice giant may have been a single tonner but even he went down kinda by luck (dagger in his chest was pushed into his heart by wulfgars hammer throw, otherwise he shrugged off everything. The book even notes that they doubted their ability to bring him down)

His dragon fights aren't due to him solely it's either with a team (powerful priest and crew when they destroyed chreshinibon dragon was blinded and they escaped. Was later imprisoned) or he was lucky (white dragon was flying up and a giant ice block broken off by wulfgar hit it's back and snapped it's neck.

He gets out of a lot of things due to plot, he still takes this but it's not a stomp