• 106 results
War_monger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By War_monger

Luffy wants to see how much he's grown since the dressrosa arc especially with his newly acquired forms of advanced Haki

He travels to the past and faces himself in G4 at dressrosa

Luffy can't use any gears just strictly base and haki

Win by KO or death

Which version of luffy takes the W

Sup3rn0va

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Complete mismatch

War_monger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earendill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Bullshit.

Dressrosa Luffy stomps.

Sup3rn0va

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sup3rn0va

@sup3rn0va said:

Complete mismatch

In who's favour?

G4 Luffy bodies.

Current Luffy would need G2/3 to stand any form of a chance, and even then he'd only win due to G4's time limit.

SkySanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

G4 Luffy mid diff we can’t forget Luffy has Future sight now and has advanced armament Haki,unfortunately the speed difference is way to vast.

Boby501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

G4 Luffy

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By seastone98

Luffy's base ain't that powerful (yet) comeback wen its EOS time

WorldofRuin6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

G4 mid diff at most. Base Luffy has more advanced Haki now but the stat gap is still too big IMO.

Gilateen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gilateen

G4 takes it

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@worldofruin6: @gilateen: @skysanji:Post Katakuri fight base Luffy is likely faster than Dressrosa arc G4. With the new internal haki I don't see how he loses this.

Sup3rn0va

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso said:

@worldofruin6: @gilateen: @skysanji:Post Katakuri fight base Luffy is likely faster than Dressrosa arc G4. With the new internal haki I don't see how he loses this.

How is Base Luffy even close to G4 Luffy in speed

StealthGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd back Current Luffy because of the Future sight and new Armament Haki.according to Grandpa Hyou Luffy's new haki is far better than his

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By shirso

@sup3rn0va: He was dodging through Katakuri's punch barrage once he got the hang of Future Sight while previously Boundman was getting blitzed and ridiculed by Dogtooth.

Sup3rn0va

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso said:

@sup3rn0va: He was dodging through Katakuri's punch barrage once he got the hang of Future Sight while previously Boundman was getting blitzed and ridiculed by Dogtooth.

Which doesn't make any sense since immediately after this he matches Katakuri with G4 in speed, so either G4 isn't nearly as big a speed boost as previously implied, or it's just an inconsistency.

Also, Luffy was resting many times in the battle, Katakuri wasn't, even when Luffy had left the Mirror world, Katakuri continued searching for him so Katakuri was continuously getting weaker.

War_monger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sup3rn0va:i think you're forgetting how much Luffy has progressed in base especially from the Katakuri fight as for durability

G4BM got bodied by Katakuri same way base got bodied but far worse than G4 did while he was taking a lot more beating than G4BM got (having a hole in the stomach)and he still didn't go down plus Katakuri's punches (strength mochi) should be as strong as G4BM's AND LUFFY HAS ONLY GOTTEN MORE DURABLE SINCE THEN ESPECIALLY WITH THE NEW HAKI FORCEFIELD HE COVERS HIMSELF WITH NOW

as for speed

While Luffy was just starting to learn future sight he got fast enough to dodge all Katakuri's punches for a great period and was fast enough to land hits on him and we saw same Katakuri keeping up with snakeman and even blitzing him and slamming him.Current Luffy has gotten better at future sight and should be able to tag G4BM who's slower than Katakuri and able to dodge some of it's hits

The most problematic issue for base luffy would have been fire power if he hadn't learnt the new Haki

I don't really know who wins this that's why I made this thread but base luffy definitely stands a chance

War_monger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso: thanks, at least you know by feats this is much closer than people think

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gear 4 Luffy unless base Luffy just focuses on outlasting him.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sup3rn0va: He used Snakeman to keep up with Katakuri which is faster than Boundman, base Luffy post mastering Future Sight was dodging Katakuri's attacks and could even tag him even with the latter's FS on, while Boundman (pre FS mastery) couldn't even touch Dogtooth with a Kong Organ. I think there's a definite speed amp before and after FS mastery.

The stamina thing is true but they are OP characters after all, there shouldn't be any significant dent in Dogtooth's stamina reserves due to running after Luffy a little.

datruth1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Base Luffy is being underestimated here,his damage soak is way too high especially as of now for dressrossa g4 to permanently put him down without king Kong gun like people are forgetting katakuri couldn't put base Luffy out for good with all the hits he was landing on him.

And from his fight with katakuri we saw that he was managing to tag and keep react on few occasions to katakuris speed and now he has future sight.. he's definitely gonna tag boundman and manage to dodge some hits via future sight

And this advanced haki means boundman is gonna fell slot of pain

StealthGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Future sight and New CoA combined= Current Base Luffy wins.

Sup3rn0va

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso said:

@sup3rn0va: He used Snakeman to keep up with Katakuri which is faster than Boundman, base Luffy post mastering Future Sight was dodging Katakuri's attacks and could even tag him even with the latter's FS on, while Boundman (pre FS mastery) couldn't even touch Dogtooth with a Kong Organ.

I think there's a definite speed amp before and after FS mastery.

Yes there is a definite speed increase, but it's nowhere near enough to make Base Luffy as fast as G4 Luffy.

Also, Luffy was dodging some of Katakuri's attacks in base at the start of their fight.

I feel like the main reason Katakuri is considered a fast character is due to his Future Sight, I say this because when Katakuri wasn't using his Future-Sight he was actually hit by Base Luffy, which implies to me that his Speed when not complimented with his Future-Sight isn't ridiculously above Luffy's.

Don't you feel like it's extremely inconsistent that Base Luffy can dodge more attacks from Katakuri than Snakeman can? Luffy didn't dodge a single attack from Katakuri in Snakeman (Pretty sure this is true, just re-read their fight)

The stamina thing is true but they are OP characters after all, there shouldn't be any significant dent in Dogtooth's stamina reserves due to running after Luffy a little.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sup3rn0va:

Yes there is a definite speed increase, but it's nowhere near enough to make Base Luffy as fast as G4 Luffy.

Maye ut at the very least ase Luffy would e ale to tag G4, and due to the new internal haki he will one shot. Meanwhile due to Luffy's ridiculous damage soak G4 will take hours to put him down.

Also, Luffy was dodging some of Katakuri's attacks in base at the start of their fight.

I think that's coz Katakuri was using his spear to tag Luffy. A spear thrust is a waaaaay more telegraphed attack than say a punch. I don't think base Luffy or even oundman could dodge a single h2h punch or kick from Dogtooth in the eginning.

I feel like the main reason Katakuri is considered a fast character is due to his Future Sight, I say this because when Katakuri wasn't using his Future-Sight he was actually hit by Base Luffy, which implies to me that his Speed when not complimented with his Future-Sight isn't ridiculously above Luffy's.

True, FS or CoO in general for that matter has always been a massive speed amp, which is why even if you say G4 has etter raw speed, current Luffy's FS mastery is more than enough to compensate.

Don't you feel like it's extremely inconsistent that Base Luffy can dodge more attacks from Katakuri than Snakeman can? Luffy didn't dodge a single attack from Katakuri in Snakeman (Pretty sure this is true, just re-read their fight)

Snakeman never even tried to dodge iirc. The entire point of that form was to get as many hits in on Dogtooth as possile since at that stage Luffy just wanted to finish the fight quickly.

Avatar image for almightyamortal
AlmightyAmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stealthgrey: @skysanji: @shirso:

Opinion on this:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Similar to BM's hand, Luffy's arm did not appear to have an 'aura' surrounding it until after internal damage was dealt to the target, in Luffy's case the tree, and potentially in BM's case Luffy's boundman. Did BM use ryuo to beat Luffy?

Can Wano Luffy use ryuo in a similar fashion, to beat dressrossa G4 Luffy?

Although not in the manga, the anime did show the clash between BM and Luffy.

Loading Video...

Can Wano Luffy use ryuo to beat Dressrossa G4 Luffy?

KingM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KingM1

Wano Base Luffy lolstomps. It has already been proven that FS users completely neg diff that Boundman through Katakuri and Rayleigh. Even if we don't know all the mechanics, and lowball this powerup at the most possible, he is still on a whole other level, and all his forms are skyrocketed now to a whole new place. I mean how can people even mention Dressrossa G4 against this Luffy who fought Katakuri on the same level in base form, with far inferior Armament, and now he has the strongest Armament on top of the second blast layer thing and the regular one reinforced on top of FS, this is a lolstomp.

Argument for G4 Dressrossa Luffy is that it is very powerful and overwhelming physical force can still work against superior Armament ( ie Boundman vs Angry Katakuri's Block mochi) but it is vastly reduced maybe to almost nothing depending on the strenght of the Armament. So not only Luffy can never be tagged by Boundman ,but even if he chose to, he should be able to simply tank Boundman with his new level of Armament. Depending on the mechanics this could simply be a legit, clean, one shot.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy cow did Luffy really get that much stronger already? Lol they just made it into Wano. I guess I need to get caught up. Can someone tell me more of what Base Luffy has done?

TheKAPPA78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dressrosa luffy Wtfstomps

TheDs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheDs

Base Luffy (G2/G3) has advanced CoA and FS. Due to FS, base Luffy will easily hit Bound Man.

Furthermore, Bound Man's durability is too high? The most advanced form of ryuo ignores durability; hence Luffy can easily throw several "Gamma Knife" punches at BM, that's no joke.

Thus, base Luffy high diffs/extreme diffs DR Bound Man.

Sup3rn0va

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theds said:

Base Luffy (G2/G3) has advanced CoA and FS. Due to FS, base Luffy will easily hit Bound Man.

Furthermore, Bound Man's durability is too high? The most advanced form of ryuo ignores durability; hence Luffy can easily throw several "Gamma Knife" punches at BM, that's no joke.

Base Luffy isn't referring to G2/G3... It's just Luffy without any gears.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30 socajunkie  Moderator  Online

What foolishness is this, G4 Luffy wins handily.

TheDs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sup3rn0va:

Then DR Bound Man wins, I'll simply wait how Ryuo is really useful against Kaido.

Occhidifalco11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

G4, but not easily

Sup3rn0va

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What foolishness is this, G4 Luffy wins handily.

At least I know now that I'm not crazy.

Sup3rn0va

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sup3rn0va

To say Base Luffy wins here you'd pretty much have to argue Base Luffy low diffs Zoro since G4 would quite literally low diff Zoro

KingM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KingM1

@sup3rn0va said:
@theds said:

Luffy wihtout any gears isn't a thing since Water 7 or something. Since when Base luffy means without G2 and 3rd. When the hell has Luffy fought anyone with no gears postimeskip ? What is even the relevance of a non gear Luffy postimeksip ? First punch he throws postimeskip is a Gear 2nd punch. Gear 2nd and 3rd are regular attacks/"forms" from Luffy now. That is his base only gear 4th is counted as non Base Luffy because that is definitely not base. This is postimeskip. G2 and 3rd have no drawbacks it's just base Luffy. if Luffy looks like Luffy it's base Luffy.

KingM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KingM1

@sup3rn0va:

To say Base Luffy wins here you'd pretty much have to argue Base Luffy low diffs Zoro since G4 would quite literally low diff Zoro

Luffy has FS and the strongest Armament. Yes his base is enough for Zorro. Current G4 would be overkill. Dressrossa G4 gets blitzed and one shot if all things equal.

Sup3rn0va

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingm1 said:
@sup3rn0va said:
@theds said:

Luffy wihtout any gears isn't a thing since Water 7 or something. Since when Base luffy means without G2 and 3rd. What series are you reading ? When the hell has Luffy fought anyone with no gears postimeskip ? What is even the relevance of a non gear Luffy postimeksip ? First punch he throws postimeskip is a Gear 2nd punch. Gear 2nd and 3rd are regular attacks?"forms" from Luffy now. That is his base only gear 4th is counted as non Base Luffy because that is definitely not base. This is postimeskip. G2 and 3rd have no drawbacks it's just base Luffy. if Luffy looks like Luffy it's base Luffy.

I think you need to learn what the definition of "Base Form" is. G2/G3 isn't that, they are separate forms above his "Base Form".

Luffy has fought many times in his Base Form, so I have no idea what series you're reading.

KingM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theds said:

Sup3rn0va

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingm1 said:

@sup3rn0va: Luffy has FS and the strongest Armament. Yes his base is enough for Zorro. Boundman gets blitzed and one shot if all things equal.

Don't tag me please, it's abundantly clear that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Sup3rn0va

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy wants to see how much he's grown since the dressrosa arc especially with his newly acquired forms of advanced Haki

He travels to the past and faces himself in G4 at dressrosa

Luffy can't use any gears just strictly base and haki

Win by KO or death

Which version of luffy takes the W

Jesus

KingM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingm1 said:
@sup3rn0va said:
@theds said:

Luffy wihtout any gears isn't a thing since Water 7 or something. Since when Base luffy means without G2 and 3rd. What series are you reading ? When the hell has Luffy fought anyone with no gears postimeskip ? What is even the relevance of a non gear Luffy postimeksip ? First punch he throws postimeskip is a Gear 2nd punch. Gear 2nd and 3rd are regular attacks?"forms" from Luffy now. That is his base only gear 4th is counted as non Base Luffy because that is definitely not base. This is postimeskip. G2 and 3rd have no drawbacks it's just base Luffy. if Luffy looks like Luffy it's base Luffy.

I think you need to learn what the definition of "Base Form" is. G2/G3 isn't that, they are separate forms above his "Base Form".

Luffy has fought many times in his Base Form, so I have no idea what series you're reading.

Luffy has never fought anyone postimeskip without using G2 or Third. This Base Luffy is Luffy with no gears is a myth at this point.

Sup3rn0va

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingm1: OP says no gears, stop tagging me.

KingM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingm1 said:

@sup3rn0va: Luffy has FS and the strongest Armament. Yes his base is enough for Zorro. Boundman gets blitzed and one shot if all things equal.

Don't tag me please, it's abundantly clear that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Says the guy who say that Dressorssa G4 Luffy low diffs Zorro. Bruh you don't know what in the living hell you are talking about or where you're at right now. Zorro cannot defeat both FS and strongest Armament right now. Base Luffy is enough. Don't tag me again, you are not sharp.

KingM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By KingM1

@sup3rn0va said:

@kingm1: OP says no gears, stop tagging me.

Wasn't talking about OP who simply restricted the gears but you saying "Base Luffy isn't referring to G2/G3... It's just Luffy without any gears." Complete nonsense. You are summoning a myth. Base Luffy without G2 and Third simply does not exist postimeskip. Base Luffy is the dude that looks like Base Luffy but has different attacks. The one that fought Katakuri for example. Luffy does not need gears to lolstomp either way at this point which OP is right to point out because he simply can ignore durability, move at FS level speeds and deflect the most powerful hits, things you didn't understand.

Sup3rn0va

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Sup3rn0va
KingM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By KingM1

@sup3rn0va said:

Base luffy without G2 and Third simply does not exist postimeskip.

No Caption Provided

Name a fight postimeksip where Luffy does not use gears.

Don't tag me again. Your base Luffy does not exist mate. You are not sharp indeed. Don't tag me again.

Sup3rn0va

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did he not see the images I just posted of Luffy fighting Doffy without gears?

Is this dude trolling or is he really just that ignorant.

"BaSE LuFfY DoESnt EXisT!"

syncroniam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By syncroniam

Gear 4 is more powerful than base, even in Wano his regular form wouldn't be able to counter Gear 4 abilities.

Ninelven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dressrosa G4 Luffy is still way superior physically compared to current base Luffy, however future sight and advanced CoA should be (very) troublesome.

Um, I think if current base Luffy plays his cards right, he takes it.

KingM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did he not see the images I just posted of Luffy fighting Doffy without gears?

Is this dude trolling or is he really just that ignorant.

"BaSE LuFfY DoESnt EXisT!"

Luffy used gear Third and 2nd in that fight. Bring that gearless fight buddy. Sit down.