• 51 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for kimikirai
#1 Posted by Kimikirai (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr.Doom wants Superman's powers.

He get all of his usual resources (wealth, country, etc) and 1 year of preptime. The fight will take place in Metropolis. Both are in-character. Can Dr.Doom defeat Superman and take his powers?

Avatar image for brainiac_1_0
#2 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4445 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins.

Avatar image for nighthunter
#3 Posted by Nighthunter (29574 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
 Can Dr.Doom defeat Superman and take his powers?
"
How about no? :P
Avatar image for king_saturn
#4 Posted by King Saturn (221538 posts) - - Show Bio
Superman beats Doom senseless here
Avatar image for supertrooper117
#5 Posted by supertrooper117 (1865 posts) - - Show Bio

1 year prep??? uhh call metallo, krytonite robot and kyrptonite guantlets can be made to own supes 

Avatar image for warlock360
#6 Posted by warlock360 (28181 posts) - - Show Bio

UHm doom has taken Odin's, Silver Surfers and Galactus' powers i seriously doubt superman stands a chance with one year prep.

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
#7 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2183 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA superpuss you can suck it, dr.doom would own his azz in prep time dr doom wins.

Avatar image for kimikirai
#8 Edited by Kimikirai (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget the Beyonder. ^_~

I guess the question is "is Pre-crisis Superman smarter, faster, stronger, etc.. than Odin, Silver Surfer, Galactus, Beyonder, etc.?"

Avatar image for t_j__magnum
#9 Posted by T.J. Magnum (25922 posts) - - Show Bio

well i think doom might pull it off

this coming from a superfan lol

Avatar image for dr__victor_von_doom
#10 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3062 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"well i think doom might pull it off

this coming from a superfan lol"
you don't say.... LOL
Avatar image for t_j__magnum
#11 Posted by T.J. Magnum (25922 posts) - - Show Bio

i do say lol

doom has done it before he might do it again, i love superman and all

just thinking un bias.

Avatar image for dr__victor_von_doom
#12 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3062 posts) - - Show Bio

well one year.... is long time... or he could just aproch Kal-El and chat  a lil meaning no harm, than instantly switch bodies with him and stuff is done. go drownds himself in the river or something and switches back

Avatar image for tao_ming
#13 Posted by Tao Ming (943 posts) - - Show Bio

With that much prep time, Doom could steal Ion, superman, Captain Atom, and Firestorm's powers with ease.

Avatar image for darth_balls
#14 Posted by Darth Balls (751 posts) - - Show Bio

superman crushes doom like a beer can against his head.

Avatar image for zee_crusher
#15 Posted by zee crusher (9067 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Dr.Doom kick supermans a$$ brutally last time they met with prep?

Avatar image for zee_crusher
#16 Posted by zee crusher (9067 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets look at it this way what doom has done with prep.

Stolen  a large portion of silver surfers power cosmic
Stolen galactus powers.
Built his own island like place, Latervia
Taken Beyonders powers.
Taken Odins powers.
On the day of Mr.Fantastics wedding he made a device that made all villains wanna kill Mr. Stretch and his wife. One of those villains included The Mandarin.

So superman should be a walk in the park for Doom. Yes Sentry broke Dooms shield but it was at 7%. That mean I could have broken. When dooms shield was at full power Thors hammer and the Things punch did no harm. So yeah Doom takes this with ease.

Oh yeah lastly with prep he beat Magneto.

Avatar image for perfect_cell
#17 Posted by Perfect Cell (3719 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"Lets look at it this way what doom has done with prep.

Stolen  a large portion of silver surfers power cosmic
Stolen galactus powers.
Built his own island like place, Latervia
Taken Beyonders powers.
Taken Odins powers.
On the day of Mr.Fantastics wedding he made a device that made all villains wanna kill Mr. Stretch and his wife. One of those villains included The Mandarin.

So superman should be a walk in the park for Doom. Yes Sentry broke Dooms shield but it was at 7%. That mean I could have broken. When dooms shield was at full power Thors hammer and the Things punch did no harm. So yeah Doom takes this with ease.

Oh yeah lastly with prep he beat Magneto. "

I'm going with Zee here.

There is no freakin way any Superman could beat Doom if Doom knows about it. Superman has the potential to assassinate Doom, but can he? Possibly, but let's look at the factors here.

1) Doom is the 2nd Smartest Man on Marvel Earth
2) Doom is the 2nd most powerful Sorceror under Dr. Strange
3) Doom is the most cunning character in Marvel Period

And add to Zee's successes of Doom... Doom even married Invisable Woman at one point of time and even became the United States President.

So in conclusion to this topic: Doom triumps over Superman.
Avatar image for sesaw
#18 Posted by SeSAW (3694 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom wouldn't even need that much time ro steal Supes powers.

Avatar image for dark_raider
#19 Posted by Dark Raider (284 posts) - - Show Bio
Darth Balls said:
"superman crushes doom like a beer can against his head."

If you believe that, you must be a superman fanboy.
Avatar image for thedrifter
#20 Posted by TheDrifter (24811 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"UHm doom has taken Odin's, Silver Surfers and Galactus' powers i seriously doubt superman stands a chance with one year prep.
"

And Beyonders.
Avatar image for warlock360
#21 Posted by warlock360 (28181 posts) - - Show Bio
Perfect Cell said:


1) Doom is the 2nd Smartest Man on Marvel Earth

Doom and reed are equal
Avatar image for thedrifter
#22 Posted by TheDrifter (24811 posts) - - Show Bio
Perfect Cell said:
Doom even married Invisable Woman at one point of time and even became the United States President.

Are'nt you thinking of Doom 2099?
Avatar image for meteorite
#23 Posted by Meteorite (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom could probably build some kinda machine that sends out Kryptonite in the form of invisible rays, use it on Superman from a distance, then go up while he's helpless and take his powers.

Avatar image for warlock360
#24 Posted by warlock360 (28181 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thedrifter
#25 Posted by TheDrifter (24811 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice pic.

Avatar image for tevnoba
#26 Posted by Tevnoba (3451 posts) - - Show Bio
Perfect Cell said:
3) Doom is the most cunning character in Marvel Period


Doom is the 2nd most cunning in Marvel.  Thanos trumps him in the cunning department.
Avatar image for _majesty_
#27 Posted by -MAJESTY- (28 posts) - - Show Bio
THAT GUY WITH THE METAL MASK.
Avatar image for dayankee
#28 Posted by daYankee (82 posts) - - Show Bio

doom

Avatar image for vinnymonster
#29 Posted by Vinnymonster (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom wouldn't even need Kryptonite.  Superduperman has zero resitance to magic and Doom is an accomplished mage.

So, either by science or magic, doom would own Superman, and Lex Luthor too, if he tried anything.

Avatar image for vinnymonster
#30 Posted by Vinnymonster (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Had an interesting notion about this question.

Doom is a genius scientist.  He has a time machine.  He is also a master sorcerer.
To rid himself of Superman, he wouldn't have to actually kill him.  He simply goes back in time (Possibly many trips to gather data).
Armed with enough knowledge and a plan, he saves Krypton from its fate, thus removing the need for Jor El to send his son to earth.

Avatar image for ecsnclr
#31 Edited by ecsnclr (4282 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow Doom has this in the bag with one year Prep he could create some bad ass Kryptonite robots

Avatar image for secret_turchin_man
#32 Posted by Secret Turchin Man (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

1 year prep? Doom might be able to defeat ANYONE with that kind of time.

Avatar image for ecsnclr
#33 Posted by ecsnclr (4282 posts) - - Show Bio
Secret Turchin Man said:
"1 year prep? Doom might be able to defeat ANYONE with that kind of time."

He beat Beyonder with much less with a year he could probably take on TOAA by finding the HOTU or something
Avatar image for king_saturn
#34 Posted by King Saturn (221538 posts) - - Show Bio
Doom wins with Prep Time
Avatar image for ecsnclr
#35 Posted by ecsnclr (4282 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Doom wins with Prep Time
"
Changed your mind i see
Avatar image for king_saturn
#36 Posted by King Saturn (221538 posts) - - Show Bio
ecsnclr said:
"King Saturn said:
"Doom wins with Prep Time
"
Changed your mind i see
"
LOL

Oh Sh!t... I forgot I had already posted in this thread
Avatar image for chaos_prime
#37 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

With a years prep Doom would be able to have SMP sitting at his feet like a good puppy imo.

Avatar image for kentaxx
#38 Posted by Kentaxx (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

doom can beat anyone with prep

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
#39 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5592 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-Crisis Supes would randomly develop Anti-Doom Vision.

Avatar image for atphantom
#40 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
The Man of Yesteryear said:
"Pre-Crisis Supes would randomly develop Anti-Doom Vision.
"
LOL, that is sooo true.... and annoying.
Avatar image for claws
#41 Posted by claws (5266 posts) - - Show Bio

he beat beyonder with prep, why not superman?

Avatar image for kentaxx
#42 Posted by Kentaxx (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Pre Crisis Supes was a walking plot device

Avatar image for chaos_prime
#43 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio
The Man of Yesteryear said:
"Pre-Crisis Supes would randomly develop Anti-Doom Vision.
"
Im sure Doom would have that in Mind too LOL
Avatar image for mrdirector786
#44 Posted by MrDirector786 (44034 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though PC Superman was freaking over-powered, with enough prep time, Doom will wipe him from existence. He took the Beyonder's power, I'm pretty sure PC Superman shouldn't be too hard to beat compared to that.

Avatar image for vinnymonster
#45 Posted by Vinnymonster (26 posts) - - Show Bio

There's another thing Doom would consider.  The hulk is a radiation sponge practically. 
Doom irradiates him with Kryptonite Radiation and sends him after Superman.  Dooms used ol jade jaws as a pawn on a few occasions, I can see him
doing it again

Avatar image for tevnoba
#46 Posted by Tevnoba (3451 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom, FTW

Avatar image for ssgl1
#47 Posted by SSGL1 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

DOOM
Avatar image for ultimate_joker
#48 Posted by Ultimate Joker (805 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is a bad joke. Doom has demolished enemies far greater than Superman with _far less_ preptime. A year to prepare? I understand pre-crisis Superman had that whole plot device factor, but come on! If the Beyonder can fall to Dr. Doom with just a day or two of prep, then what do you think a year is going to do for Doom in this situation?

Avatar image for jojjimbo
#49 Posted by jojjimbo (2642 posts) - - Show Bio
@Perfect Cell said:

" zee crusher said:

"Lets look at it this way what doom has done with prep.

Stolen  a large portion of silver surfers power cosmic
Stolen galactus powers.
Built his own island like place, Latervia
Taken Beyonders powers.
Taken Odins powers.
On the day of Mr.Fantastics wedding he made a device that made all villains wanna kill Mr. Stretch and his wife. One of those villains included The Mandarin.

So superman should be a walk in the park for Doom. Yes Sentry broke Dooms shield but it was at 7%. That mean I could have broken. When dooms shield was at full power Thors hammer and the Things punch did no harm. So yeah Doom takes this with ease.

Oh yeah lastly with prep he beat Magneto. "
I'm going with Zee here. There is no freakin way any Superman could beat Doom if Doom knows about it. Superman has the potential to assassinate Doom, but can he? Possibly, but let's look at the factors here.1) Doom is the 2nd Smartest Man on Marvel Earth2) Doom is the 2nd most powerful Sorceror under Dr. Strange3) Doom is the most cunning character in Marvel PeriodAnd add to Zee's successes of Doom... Doom even married Invisable Woman at one point of time and even became the United States President.So in conclusion to this topic: Doom triumps over Superman. "
 Agreed, Doom has demonstrated that with prep time he can accomplish this feat.
Avatar image for jojjimbo
#50 Posted by jojjimbo (2642 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tevnoba said:
" Perfect Cell said:
3) Doom is the most cunning character in Marvel Period
Doom is the 2nd most cunning in Marvel.  Thanos trumps him in the cunning department. "
So true.