Dragonborn vs Thor

CartoonLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CartoonLife

Dragonborn (Nord) from skyrim with every perk point, weapon, armor, shout, etc. vs MCU Thor post IW.

Morals on win by KO or Death. Start 30 feet apart.

Fight in Wakanda

Round 1: Thor has two unbreakable swords

Round 2: Thor has Storm Breaker

Round 3: Dragonborn gets all statements in lore or songs as feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

I have no idea where to place the Dragonborn anymore, people say different things. From fortress buster to mountain level to continental.

If this is game Dragonborn only then he only has a select few ways to beat Thor which is saying something considering his versatility, for example destruction magic is useless here. Thor is also faster in reaction time even with the slow time shout.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: He’s a glass canon. He has great damage output but roughly regular human durability. It makes it hard to find a good match for him.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 socajunkie  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: I’m unfamiliar with the X-Men. If you’ve played/read The Witcher, think Ciri.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

@lubub55: Ah I haven’t played the Witcher.

I’ve played Skyrim though so I’m familiar with him in the games but are you saying in Lore he’s a glass canon?

In game with the right perks and glitches you can become unkillable, for example my health is at sixty billion and regen at 131k%

So in a way Game DB could be better suited here, Thor can one-shot anyone in the game though so it might not make a difference.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: ILS has made a series of Elder Scrolls respect threads:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/the-last-dragonborn-respect-thread-1939140/

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

@thevivas: Tanks breh, do they promote a healthy vegan outlook?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dragonborn being a glass cannon doesn't really make much sense, considering one of the first things you do in the game is face-tank unbridled shouting from four dudes who can kill normal people and shake a fortress with a whisper. Not to mention the ability to coat himself with magical armor harder than dragon scales, and access to a litany of magical spells which deflect and absorb all manners of attacks in a variety of different ways.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This could go either way for either rounds

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: i dont think they were intending to kill TLD with thier Voice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grinningf0x: The reason they Shouted at him was to test if he can withstand their shout. If he failed, he would have died.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: but that’s due to him being Dragonborn and having a resistance and aptitude for Shouts not necessarily being durable enough to tank their collective Voices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grinningf0x: That isn't said anywhere. All Arngeir says is that he is tough enough to withstand their shout. It's cut and dry.

“You have completed your training, Dragonborn. We would Speak to you. Stand between us, and prepare yourself. Few can withstand the unbridled Voice of the Greybeards. But you are ready.”

[...]

“Dovahkiin. You have tasted the Voice of the Greybeards, and passed through unscathed. High Hrothgar is open to you.”

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Entoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Entoma

is this with or without mods......( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entoma: If Thomas the Tank engine is enabled this is spite.

Avatar image for the_knight_rhoden
The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not too sure what the Dragonborn's got in terms of offence that can harm someone capable of tanking the full might of a neutron star.

Dragonborn can certainly survive for a while via 'Become Ethereal' and 'Slow Time', but those are only going to last him a while and he doesn't have the power to kill Thor in that time.

Mehrunes Razor can be resisted by boss tier enemies such as Karstaag and Miraak, so I there's a solid chance that someone as powerful and durable as Thor can also resist it.

Once the battle enters melee the Dragonborn is pretty screwed. No melee weapon in Skyrim can really get past Thor's insane durability, and Thor is far stronger than the Dragonborn by feats.

Even in terms of skill Thor's showings far outclass the DB, so I'm tempted to say Thor wins with low difficulty if we take in-game feats into account.

Thor should take both Rounds.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn being a glass cannon doesn't really make much sense, considering one of the first things you do in the game is face-tank unbridled shouting from four dudes who can kill normal people and shake a fortress with a whisper. Not to mention the ability to coat himself with magical armor harder than dragon scales, and access to a litany of magical spells which deflect and absorb all manners of attacks in a variety of different ways.

The Greybeards later tell TLD that they're not going to talk to him since they don't want to risk killing him, him "tanking" their Voices is about fulfilling a prophecy and by all appearances is a one time thing.

Avatar image for dragonborntookanarrowtotheknee
DragonBornTookAnArrowToTheKnee789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lore Dragonborn stomps

Gameplay Dragonborn also likely has the advantage via maxed out skill trees.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

@dragonborntookanarrowtotheknee: What can Game Dragonborn actually do to beat Thor though? None of his weapons are doing anything, Destruction magic will be no sold, soul tear can be tanked by durable enough creatures who aren’t a third as tough as Thor, any summons gets one-shotted and even though Thor doesn’t have any TP defense feats, since we’re using game DB that doesn’t matter because high enough level enemies can resist Illusion magic plus they’re projectiles so they can be dodged and AoE isn’t much help since Thor can fly.

After thinking about it, unless I’m missing something Thor doesn’t have a way of losing.

Avatar image for saint_of_origin
Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What can Game Dragonborn actually do to beat Thor though? None of his weapons are doing anything, Destruction magic will be no sold, soul tear can be tanked by durable enough creatures who aren’t a third as tough as Thor, any summons gets one-shotted and even though Thor doesn’t have any TP defense feats, since we’re using game DB that doesn’t matter because high enough level enemies can resist Illusion magic plus they’re projectiles so they can be dodged and AoE isn’t much help since Thor can fly.

After thinking about it, unless I’m missing something Thor doesn’t have a way of losing.

For the life of me, I can't remember Thor's piercing durability feats. He was stabbed by Hela's...stabby thingies. Which Daedric artifacts should be able to match. You can't really use just game mechanics to measure Dovahkiin, you have to use some implication of his weapons via lore, because even though it's possible through game mechanics, it wouldn't make sense to have a steel sword match a weapon like Mehrune's Razor.

Shadowwaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin: Well that makes sense especially if you ever heard of the Auriel's bow. I mean if Dovahklin is equipped with Auriel's bow then not even Thor's lightning can match him.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: Gameplay Dragonborn just defies all logic. His absurd sneak ensures that Thor will never even know he's in a battle, which leaves TLD free to spam whatever he likes without any fear of repercussion. AOE hits from Thor won't work because his opponent can just absorb the blast through perks and enhancements.

Auriel's Bow via gameplay can shoot massively FTL arrows. They should tag and at least damage Thor. He's definitely resistant to normal piercing weapons, but according to gameplay stats Daedric is roughly 1200% more effective than tempered, reinforced steel, NOT accounting for perks and potions. Enough of those arrows or sneak attacks should eventually cut Thor, while he's looking around confused (must be the wind). Not to mention Thor has no resistance to illusion magic or the Wabbajack, and TLD can just hit him from a distance without Thor noticing (silent casting perk).

Tl:dr Sneak is OP as hell

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

@thetruthiii: I already explained why Illusion magic by in game logic won’t work on Thor but fair point about the sneak skill and lol you’re right Auriel’s Bow should be FTL technically.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: Ah my bad. I thought you said they wouldn't work because Thor could dodge them, which is why I mentioned silent casting. Didnt read the part about high level resistances.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq said:
@i_like_swords said:

The Greybeards later tell TLD that they're not going to talk to him since they don't want to risk killing him, him "tanking" their Voices is about fulfilling a prophecy and by all appearances is a one time thing.

No, they tell him that before. After his training, they can now safely talk to him. This is most evident by the fact before the training, if you try to speak to the other Greybeards they will only nod their heads, but after, they will speak and shake the whole fortress. And there's also a later point in the story where one of them interrupt your conversation with Arngeir and speak in the Dragon tongue while you're standing right there.

Red_Leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wait wait wait wait...

i mean there are some inconsistencies with MCU Thor

at the beginning of Ragnarok, Thor was running away from the Dragon that belonged to whats his face and the dragonborn could just summon a dragon at that point and have it kill him

but at the end of Ragnarok i saw calcs that put him at planetary

so... i really should watch Infinity War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, this is why I didn't want to bother putting out the respect thread. Every Dragonborn thread descends into pure autism. It's like giving a homeless dude money and watching him shoot up heroin two days later.

Don't make me delete it. I'll delete it all.

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, this is why I didn't want to bother putting out the respect thread. Every Dragonborn thread descends into pure autism. It's like giving a homeless dude money and watching him shoot up heroin two days later.

Don't make me delete it. I'll delete it all.

How so?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin: People going out of their way to misunderstand/misconstrue the context of basic events, and only ever referring to game mechanics e.g "well he has illusion magic! and the perk in the game says x!" or "he has this weapon he got on this quest!"

Honestly, I've handed you all a WMD worth of information, and you're all freaking out over an AK-47. I'm starting to think people on this website are actively resistant to the Dragonborn being above the paygrade of bandits for some unverifiable and bizarre reason.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway, failing all else, Thor doesn't appear to have particularly stellar telepathic defences, so given that the Dragonborn can casually break the minds of dragons, I'm to go ahead and say he turns Thor into his personal minion. GG no re.

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People going out of their way to misunderstand/misconstrue the context of basic events, and only ever referring to game mechanics e.g "well he has illusion magic! and the perk in the game says x!" or "he has this weapon he got on this quest!"

Honestly, I've handed you all a WMD worth of information, and you're all freaking out over an AK-47. I'm starting to think people on this website are actively resistant to the Dragonborn being above the paygrade of bandits for some unverifiable and bizarre reason.

I gotcha. I actually haven't had the time to take a look at the thread, I'm posting from work so I kinda have to be ninja about stuff lol. But I know enough about TES to know that The Dragonborn is a crazy powerhouse with everything in context.

CartoonLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CartoonLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn’t matter whether it’s Lore LDB or Game LDB, with all abilities/items available to him he stomps Thor. He’s superior in every way besides durability against...energy? I guess that’s what you’d call the Star feat.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol at dragon born winning,Thor kills him with one mjolnir throw

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh it's MCU ,nevermind

CartoonLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Macho Dragon Randy Savage one-shots all of Marvel with a single "Oh Yeah"

No Caption Provided

ANobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dami24434: No way Thor is killing the Dovahkiin.

Paarthunax himself stated that if the Dovahkiin didn't kill Alduin, all of Kalpa (timeline) will be destroyed:

Dovahkiin: "The next world will have to take care of itself."

Paarthurnax: "Paaz. A fair answer. Ro fus, maybe you only balance the forces that work to quicken the end of this world. Even we who ride the currents of Time cannot see past Time's end, Wuldsetiid los tahrodiis. Those who try to hasten the end, may delay it. Those who work to delay the end, may bring it closer."

And there's also an ES prophecy that stated that Alduin have the hunger to swallow the world:

"And the Scrolls have foretold, of black wings in the cold, that when brothers wage war come unfurled! Alduin, bane of Kings, ancient shadow unbound, With a hunger to swallow the world!"

And no, this is not hyperbole as stated by Michael Kirkbride himself:

"When you consider a place like Tamriel, sometimes it's best to take titles literally. Alduin is the World-Eater. It's not going to be "the end of all *life* as we know it," leaving a barren wasteland of Earthbone dirt... it's going to be the whole of Nirn inside his mighty gullet."

Alduin has already done this, as stated by the Song of Pelinal vol7:

"Presently] the half-Elf [showed himself] bathed in [Meridian light] ... and he listed his bloodline in the Ayleidoon and spoke of his father, a god of the [previous kalpa's] World-River... - The Song of Pelinal, Volume 7

"He fought Shor inside of the spirit plane, for reference, the spirit plane (Aetherius) exist an infinite distance away from Nirn:

"Shor's own ghost then fought the Time-Eater on the spirit plane, as he did at the beginning of time, and he won, and Orkey's folk, the Orcs, were ruined. As Boy Wulfharth watched the battle in the sky he learned a new thu'um, What Happens When You Shake the Dragon Just So. - Five Songs of King Wulfharth

You don't believe me that Aetherius distance is an infinite distance away from Nirn? Well, there is this:

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Cosmology

This same lore Dovahkiin withstand and defeat this Alduin. You can scale it yourself

And for speed, we are going to have to go to what Vivec stated in ESO about the nature of the gods in TES.

Vivec stated that being timeless is the nature of the gods:

"to be a god:

"It is like being a juggler. Things are always moving, and you learn to know where they are without even thinking about it. Only there are many, many things moving. And sometimes, like any juggler, you drop something. I'm afraid it has become a lot more a matter of dropping things lately. There's too much to do, and not enough time, and I'm losing my touch. Perhaps I'm growing old."

"It is a bit like being at once awake and asleep. Awake, I am here with you, thinking and talking. Asleep, I am very, very busy. Perhaps for other gods, the completely immortal ones, it is only like that being asleep. Out of time. Me, I exist at once inside of time and outside of it"

"It's nice never being dead, too. When I die in the world of time, then I'm completely asleep. I'm very much aware that all I have to do is choose to wake. And I'm alive again. Many times I have very deliberately tried to wait patiently, a very long, long time before choosing to wake up. And no matter how long it feels like I wait, it always appears, when I wake up, that no time has passed at all. That is the god place. The place out of time, where everything is always happening, all at once."

This is supported by the fact that the place the Daedric Princes live in (Oblivion) doesn't have time in it:

Lord Fa-Nuit-Hen says, “Again I interrupt! The mighty Fa-Nuit-Hen, a servant of Hermaeus Mora? By no means! I am a scion of Boethiah, a sovereign demiprince, and I serve no will but my own! As for time, cause, and consequence, let's just say that the laws of the Dragon God do not apply to Oblivion. Oh, it's useful to adopt the trappings of duration when dealing with mortals, so you'll find Maelstrom quite familiar in that regard. We know how lost you feel away from the hand of Akatosh! Maelstrom is far easier to comprehend than Apocrypha—and much more generous in that we award victorious competitors with fabulous prizes!"

And how Alduin exist inside of the space between kalpas, where time doesn't exist:

"[And it came to pass that] a strange thing happened: Alduin the World-Eater, who sleeps between the [kalpas], had a disturbing dream, and he roused slightly, but not enough to bring ruin, and, heavy-lidded, he went back to the [age-wait]. But he yawned just slightly beforeso, which he had never done. And thus was born the Dirt Patch Which Does Not Gather Snow."

Heck, Vivec takes you outside of time in ESO:

business:

"Not very sensible. But very good. I was hoping for someone who would have no hesitations about making such an oath. You will now have a brief, momentary sensation of time passing. Don't be alarmed. You are being taken out of time in order to avoid the unpleasant experience of learning how to use Wraithguard. It will be over before..."

[There is a brief sensation of motion in total darkness, floating, but without a sense of weight or direction.]

Alduin is a literal Nordic God of Destruction and Creation. He is also a massive shard of Aka. So this description should also applies to him. So by scaling, Dovahkiin can easily keep up, and defeat Alduin. He should scale to Alduin dura, AP, and speed. So, it's a stomp, but in favor of the Dovahkiin.

Ysmir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^^ Well said.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ccb7595e1a50
deactivated-5ccb7595e1a50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geeman2 said:

Lore dragonborn oneshots most of Marvel. Game Dragonborn still stomps here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdf8e3e9b353
deactivated-5cdf8e3e9b353

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game the Last Dragonborn=Lore The Last Dragonborn. The only difference is Lore Dragonborn is more Hax, but in terms of AP, Durability, and speed they are equals.

Dragonborn was able to tank the attacks of Alduin who can destroy all of Nirn and its Timeline. Nirn itself is a Finite parallel world, and Alduin at the end of the game was at full power and ready to destroy Nirn.

At the end of the day, nothing Thor has is powerful enough to even damage the Last Dragonborn let alone Kill him if Thor's only feat is tanking a neutron star...and being planetary level at the end of IW.

Tanking attacks from someone who can destroy a finite world and its timeline>>infintely Greater than tanking Neutron star and being Planetary level.