Mihawk. Rayleigh is past his prime.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Mihawk.

Rayleigh might gain temporary advantages through acts of non-swordplay such as kicking, but Rayleigh's actual swordplay has been described as rusty while Mihawk's is the best in the world, and Rayleigh's primary form of combat is definitely swordplay which he'll get schooled at.

More then that though, Rayleigh is old enough to have stamina problems in battle, and after a few hours of fighting, his strength will be reduced by fatigue. Mihawk has no such issue, and thus 100% wins at the long-game.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 socajunkie  Moderator

Mihawk.

Rayleigh might gain temporary advantages through acts of non-swordplay such as kicking, but Rayleigh's actual swordplay has been described as rusty while Mihawk's is the best in the world, and Rayleigh's primary form of combat is definitely swordplay which he'll get schooled at.

More then that though, Rayleigh is old enough to have stamina problems in battle, and after a few hours of fighting, his strength will be reduced by fatigue. Mihawk has no such issue, and thus 100% wins at the long-game.

Probs still days, I doubt his stamina has been reduced by that degree.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gnomishness

@socajunkie:

He was sweating and panting slightly after only minutes with Kizaru, so it's clearly pretty bad. Stamina problems seem to be the typical debuff for growing old in the One Piece universe.

He'd probably still last hours, because One Piece, but days seems ridiculous to me at this point.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 socajunkie  Moderator

@socajunkie:

He was sweating and panting slightly after only minutes with Kizaru, so it's clearly pretty bad. Stamina problems seem to be the typical debuff for growing old in the One Piece universe.

He'd probably still last hours, because One Piece, but days seems ridiculous to me at this point.

There was no panting or sweating in the manga.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Mihawk. Rayleigh is equal to Kizaru who was admiral level. Mihawk was stated to be equal with Shanks, a pirate emperor which should put him above Rayleigh

Ninelven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mihawk, he's on the level Rayleigh was back in his prime.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 socajunkie  Moderator

@ninelven said:

Mihawk, he's on the level Rayleigh was back in his prime.

I'm a fan of this theory.

I even think Rayleigh was the one Mihawk beat to become the World's Greatest swordsman, so Rayleigh previously held that title. It would make sense since he mirrors Zoro.

DrunkHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mihawk proved to be able to combine his sword with armor haki which gives him greater power in his blows as well as allows him to generate attack of gigantic sharp shock waves, Silvers did not show such ability, Mihawk also has advantage in age.

Shichibukai win

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

@drunkhc: Didn’t show what? Rayleigh has shown armament Haki.

But no he hasn't made the same shock waves.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah like everyone else said. The world's greatest swordsman vs any other swordsman isn't a hard equation to work out.

DrunkHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DrunkHC

@socajunkie : two characters may have armor haki more does not mean that both have the same level of skill and power, Mihawk and able to keep his sword fully covered with haki all the time can generate giant energy waves almost the occasional way, Silvers does not show this same level.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 socajunkie  Moderator

@drunkhc said:

@socajunkie: two characters can have haki of the armor plus does not mean that both have the same level of skill and power Mihawk and able to keep his sword fully covered with haki all the time can generate giant waves of energy almost in an occasional way, Silvers do not show this same level.

Yeah I know, from the way you worded it it sounded like you meant Rayleigh didn't know Haki.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mihawk = Shanks? What?! Maybe pre timeskip

Shanks is Yonko level where Mihawk has always been Shichibukai

The whole admiral level stuff is meh because Whitebeard was mostly hype and he was stated to destroy the world. He also got spanked by Akainu and wasn’t able to kill him with a headshot from a bloodlusted god punch..

Mihawk would probably win tho.

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mihawk.. Rayleigh in his prime would win though.

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: “maybe pre-time skip” lol what? Shanks and Mihawk are both in their prime, why would the time skip give any sort of power boost unless one has recieved a DF.. There is no Shichibukai level as the powers are so different, Mihawk is definitely yonkou level. Of course he has no crew so you won’t hear about him challenging a yonkou crew or wiping one out.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedeathstroke: I said pre timeskip because two years passed, Rayleigh can’t get younger but Mihawk got two years older. So he grew on strength where Rayleigh is still just old but strong enough to be on par with Kizaru

I still don’t see how he’s Yonkou level, by hype?

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 socajunkie  Moderator

There is no Shichibukai level.

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: I was referring to the Mihawk = Shanks statement. These men were rivals, Mihawk even insisted not to fight him anymore because he has 1 arm and it wouldn’t be fair.. he’s yonkou level bro, I don’t consider Shanks being a tier above him.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AbstractRaze

We don't know anything about current Mihawk, however, he demonstrated impressive skills during the war, not going to negate it, but Admiral levels are simply above the Shichibukai, Doflamingo could not stand a single chance against Aoki, now if we're going to assume Mihawk's power level above Doflamingo's, the gape is not going to be huge.

Dark-King Rayleigh could handle Kizaru's physical capabilities with mid difficulties.

I just can't see the feats on Mihawk's favor, I like him as hell, one of the best OP's characters, but just nope, there aren't solid foundations on the matter to even suggest Mihawk's success over the Dark-King.

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheDeathstroke

@abstractraze: The shichibukai has no level, why are you implying Mihawk is a tier under admiral knowing him and Shanks were considered rivals and have had MULTIPLE duels with no clear winner. Mihawk even implys he wouldn’t duel with Shanks anymore due to him having one arm now

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AbstractRaze

@thedeathstroke:

That's true, that's why I said 'Admiral levels' over the Shichibukai, because within the Marine, the ranks are elected through power levels, while within the Shichibukai, there can be strong or influential individuals with great connections.

But in this situation, the Marines are the ones in representing the authority and the Admirals are part of the Marine's greatest hierarchy image, so far.

However, there could be so many exceptions, like Black Beard which left the Shichibukai title in order to become a Yonko.

Now, what happened in the past between Shanks and Mihawk, is part of the past, what counts, are the last stands, and Mihawk didn't reveal convincing feats to match an Admiral's influential power rank.

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheDeathstroke

@abstractraze: We haven’t seen enough of neither Mihawk or Shanks to make anything with feats, only scaling. & by scaling and hype, I’d say Mihawk is above admiral level.

The most we’ve probably seen Mihawk go all out was that slash towards Whitebeard, and doubt he was even giving it his all then.

DeWitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Realistically we cannot really make any assumptions since we haven't seen either of them fight to their full capabilities.

By assumption I would say Rayleigh in his prime would probably have been an interesting fight. But the current Rayleigh probably would lack the stamina to fight for days like the epic fights in OP will last. So it all comes down to how long the fight will last. I would think Rayleigh will still stand a chance if he ends it quick, but eventually if the fight drags out then Mihawk will be at the advantage.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 socajunkie  Moderator

Doflamingo could not stand a single chance against Aoki

There's nothing indicating this besides him getting surprise flash-frozen. And he left to deal with Law and Luffy, not because he was scared of Aokiji. He even mused about taking out Fuitora and didn't hesitate to attack him.

While I don't believe Doflamingo can beat an Admiral, he showed himself to easily be on Yonko Commander level when he controlled Jozu and with his feats in general and we've seen the Commanders give good fights to Admirals so this 'not standing a single chance' statement makes no sense.

, now if we're going to assume Mihawk's power level above Doflamingo's, the gape is not going to be huge.

Doflamingo was an enemy from a few years back, Mihawk is EoS Zoro's final opponent so the gap is there.

Dark-King Rayleigh could handle Kizaru's physical capabilities with mid difficulties.

So did Marco who actually overpowered Kizaru, so for somebody like Mihawk it isn't out of the question either.

I just can't see the feats on Mihawk's favor, I like him as hell, one of the best OP's characters, but just nope, there aren't solid foundations on the matter to even suggest Mihawk's success over the Dark-King.

The World's Greatest Swordsman vs a Swordsman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aad0467ddfcf
deactivated-5aad0467ddfcf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hype wise, mihawk wins

KingGuinness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mihawk gets the benefit of the doubt simply because of age. Feat wise I'd argue Rayleigh has a lot more going for him and he's showcased way better Haki proficiency for all 3 categories in comparison to Mihawk who's displayed nothing.