Dracula vs Akasha

rod1949us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rod1949us

Who wins?? Queen of all vampires vs the most popular and original vampire Dracula.

Battle Scenario...Lestat's concert so there's prep time. One on one battle.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Dracula might take this. I believe that they both pre-date Christ, but Dracula would be immune to her pyro, which only works on Vampires of her bloodline, and cannot be used against other ancients either way. Dracula was a ruler, but also a warrior, and if there is prep, and he knew who he was dealing with, he'd more then likely bring an army, and a sword or two. He has so many abilities that Akasha does not, however if she can keep the fight going, she can get him into a position where he has to flee, (during dawn) and when she notices his weakness, she holds him until he's ash, unless he goes mist of course. Great fight! Drac 7/10

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By turoksonofstone

Akasha.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BringnIt

What version of Dracula?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Guardiandevil83: I've only seen the movie and just got the book but haven't read it yet. If her power to ignite their blood is limited to only her bloodline then I think your take on the fight is pretty spot on.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

purely novel versions? I can see Dracula taking it.

Bitchgurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bitchgurl

The 'good' Count takes this after a very close, back and forth , battle

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By turoksonofstone

Dracula predates Christ??? mmmm, no.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Guardiandevil83: I've only seen the movie and just got the book but haven't read it yet. If her power to ignite their blood is limited to only her bloodline then I think your take on the fight is pretty spot on.

I also saw the Film before reading the source materiel, and let me tell ya, the book, blows the movie out of the water.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I also saw the Film before reading the source materiel, and let me tell ya, the book, blows the movie out of the water.

Cool :-). I heard that the book is REALLY good so I am looking forward to the read.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Cool :-). I heard that the book is REALLY good so I am looking forward to the read.

It really is. And I did make a mistake, Dracula does not pre-date Christ, I was thinking of that Dracula 2000, film and even then he was one of Christ 12 deciples, Judas actually. So Akasha would be older. But Dracula is still old enough, and experienced enough to challenge her. And even beat her, what with his sorcery and all. He can turn to were versions of Wolves and Bats, mystify, and even has mind control over humans and other vampires, (weaker then Akasha of course) She mostly had pyrokenesis, super speed, flight, and strength. Not to mention telepathy. There was literally no Vampire on the earth she could not sense. Her invunerabilty to sunlight could work in her favor as well though, since she could alway's find Dracula during the day. In ''The Vampire Lestat." It was shown that Rice vampire instinctivly lash out at anyone who threatens them while they slept, when Lestat killed a man while still hibernating, who had the rotten luck of stumbling into Lestat's resting place. Dracula does not have this luxury, proven by his ''death" at the end of the book. If Dracula say's screw it, and kills her right then, it's all good. If he flees, to evade the sun, Kasha follows and rips out his heart.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By charlieboy

@THUNDERBOLT30: If you are talking Queen of the Damned it is excellent.

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By turoksonofstone

All of the Anne Rice Vampire books are grand.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@turoksonofstone said:

All of the Anne Rice Vampire books are grand.

This

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@charlieboy said:

@THUNDERBOLT30: If you are talking Queen of the Damned it is excellent.

That's the one :-). All this positive feedback about the book I may need to go back and pick up the others. Did you read Anne's other vamp novels?

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16  Edited By charlieboy

@THUNDERBOLT30: i really only read the first five which were basically the ones about Lestat. Queen of the Damned was my favorite of those.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By steelhound56

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Dracula might take this. I believe that they both pre-date Christ, but Dracula would be immune to her pyro, which only works on Vampires of her bloodline, and cannot be used against other ancients either way. Dracula was a ruler, but also a warrior, and if there is prep, and he knew who he was dealing with, he'd more then likely bring an army, and a sword or two. He has so many abilities that Akasha does not, however if she can keep the fight going, she can get him into a position where he has to flee, (during dawn) and when she notices his weakness, she holds him until he's ash, unless he goes mist of course. Great fight! Drac 7/10

This is a false assumption about Dracula. He is not mortally affected by sunlight in Bram Stoker's novel, his powers are just restricted. He still possesses enhanced speed, reflexes, and strength in his human form.

The original Dracula does not predate Christ. The character was based on Vlad Tepes, who was alive sometime in 1400's. So as a vampire, he is around 430 something years old during the events of Dracula. But the fact that he is the original vampire also has to be taken into account. Meaning that he is superior to the rest of his kind in respect to the scale of his power and likely his physical aspects as well.

Akasha was a powerful vampire, but Dracula is on another level IMO. He displayed abilities in Dracula, as well as his other appearances in fiction, that Akasha has not come close to displaying.

As far as I can gather, Akasha can...

Burn vampires that are part of her bloodline with pyrokinesis.

Is pretty quick and agile

Has a good degree of strength, it took multiple vampires to hold her while draining her of blood. Not a huge amount of strength, but decent enough.

Has a degree of control over those who have drank her blood.

Dracula can...

Shapeshift into mist, a large wolf, and a bat

Command the "meaner" things of this world (rodents, wolves, bats, etc.)

Can manipulate his size/density.

This is confirmed by Van Helsing in Dracula, and later when Lucy Westenra was able to slip through a "hair's breath space" when Arthur, Quincy, Johnathan, Seward and Van Helsing confront her in the graveyard)

Possesses supernatural agility, speed, and strength.

Van Helsing states he is as strong as "20 men", although the degree of his strength isn't largely explored in the novel. We do see suggestion that he possesses immense physical strength through inference. Johnathan Harker is able to lift and hurl a wooden coffin containing Dracula himself, and a large amount of soil (likely in excess of 300 pounds) off of the gypsy cart at the end of the novel with effort. Van Helsing suggests that no one dare face him without protection to ward his touch (crucifixes), lest they be destroyed. He can scale sheer surfaces with no apparent effort, and was agile enough to catch 5 prepared and well armed men off their guard when the group confronted him at Piccadilly.

Possesses decent weather manipulation (he caused the storm that caused the Demeter to crash into the coast earlier in the novel), and can summon winds and mists to conceal and speed his journey back to Transylvania.

Possesses the ability to enthrall his victims, and can telepathically induce a stupor to incapacitate victims/ obstacles (evidenced at the Westenra house, and him putting Johnathan into a catatonic state when he "baptised" Mina).

I'd say Dracula takes this fight handily. More versatile powers, and likely more powerful overall than Akasha. Really the only way that Akasha could pull the win here is if Dracula is of her bloodline (already proven impossible, since Dracula is the original vampire, and of a different bloodline) and she can affect him with her pyrokinesis.

Sources: Avid Dracula and Anne Rice fan

icysloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By icysloth

@steelhound56: purely novel versions akasha stomps she would burn him to cinders. All Anne rice vampires have super speed, agility, strength, and elders can fly and cloud minds and there powers grow with age. Most importantly Akasha can drain him off his abilities if she drinks his blood. Akasha was a egyptian so she does tychnically predate jesus.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@steelhound56 said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

This is a false assumption about Dracula. He is not mortally affected by sunlight in Bram Stoker's novel, his powers are just restricted. He still possesses enhanced speed, reflexes, and strength in his human form.

The original Dracula does not predate Christ. The character was based on Vlad Tepes, who was alive sometime in 1400's. So as a vampire, he is around 430 something years old during the events of Dracula. But the fact that he is the original vampire also has to be taken into account. Meaning that he is superior to the rest of his kind in respect to the scale of his power and likely his physical aspects as well.

Akasha was a powerful vampire, but Dracula is on another level IMO. He displayed abilities in Dracula, as well as his other appearances in fiction, that Akasha has not come close to displaying.

As far as I can gather, Akasha can...

Burn vampires that are part of her bloodline with pyrokinesis.

Is pretty quick and agile

Has a good degree of strength, it took multiple vampires to hold her while draining her of blood. Not a huge amount of strength, but decent enough.

Has a degree of control over those who have drank her blood.

Dracula can...

Shapeshift into mist, a large wolf, and a bat

Command the "meaner" things of this world (rodents, wolves, bats, etc.)

Can manipulate his size/density.

This is confirmed by Van Helsing in Dracula, and later when Lucy Westenra was able to slip through a "hair's breath space" when Arthur, Quincy, Johnathan, Seward and Van Helsing confront her in the graveyard)

Possesses supernatural agility, speed, and strength.

Van Helsing states he is as strong as "20 men", although the degree of his strength isn't largely explored in the novel. We do see suggestion that he possesses immense physical strength through inference. Johnathan Harker is able to lift and hurl a wooden coffin containing Dracula himself, and a large amount of soil (likely in excess of 300 pounds) off of the gypsy cart at the end of the novel with effort. Van Helsing suggests that no one dare face him without protection to ward his touch (crucifixes), lest they be destroyed. He can scale sheer surfaces with no apparent effort, and was agile enough to catch 5 prepared and well armed men off their guard when the group confronted him at Piccadilly.

Possesses decent weather manipulation (he caused the storm that caused the Demeter to crash into the coast earlier in the novel), and can summon winds and mists to conceal and speed his journey back to Transylvania.

Possesses the ability to enthrall his victims, and can telepathically induce a stupor to incapacitate victims/ obstacles (evidenced at the Westenra house, and him putting Johnathan into a catatonic state when he "baptised" Mina).

I'd say Dracula takes this fight handily. More versatile powers, and likely more powerful overall than Akasha. Really the only way that Akasha could pull the win here is if Dracula is of her bloodline (already proven impossible, since Dracula is the original vampire, and of a different bloodline) and she can affect him with her pyrokinesis.

Sources: Avid Dracula and Anne Rice fan

Yea I realized that I screwed up with the Pre-date Christ thing. Lol I kinda got confused with the Dracula 2000 movie.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By steelhound56

@Guardiandevil83: Its all good man. I actually kinda liked the backstory of Dracula in Dracula 2000, made for a really unique and slightly tragic character.

Too bad the movie wasnt great...

@icysloth: I stand by my argument. I'm not terribly recent on my latest readthrough of Queen of the Damned, but she does indeed predate Christ by a good margin.

The only problem is, is that we have two competing apex characters here. Both are the original vampire in their respective lore. I'll stick by Dracula, due to more exposure and fleshing out of his powers compared to Akasha.

If we are going by strictly novel versions, how can we determine if Akasha's pyrokinesis would even work on Dracula? They are both apex vampires in their respective ficitonal universes. Dracula at 430 years old displayed a greater reportoire of powers than Akasha did in QOTD.

I also thought her ability to set those vampires on fire was due to her having some sort of magical control over them, due to all the vampires in that universe being descended from her bloodline, her "children" so to speak.

Dracula displayed the same amount of control over his "children", albeit in a more indirect manner. He couldn't burn them, but to quote one of my favorite paragraphs of Dracula

“You think to baffle me, you with your pale faces all in a row, like sheep in a butcher's. You shall be sorry yet, each one of you! You think you have left me without a place to rest, but I have more. My revenge is just begun! I spread it over centuries, and time is on my side. Your girls, that you will come to love, are mine already. And through them you and others shall yet be mine, my creatures, to do my bidding, and to be my jackals when I want to feed. Bah!”

This implies that he can compel his fledglings to do as he pleases. He may not have the ability to burn them as Akasha does, but he also has a more fine control over his fledglings than Akasha seemed to.

Akasha couldn't stop her own descendants from turning against her. Hence the whole 9 of them jumping her and draining her dry.

I don't think Dracula would even have to worry about his fledglings turning on him. He seemed to have too much control over them. Mina Harker, for example, someone who's intelligence and willpower is admired many times throughout Dracula, could only attempt to resist him while she was in the process of turning. Even then, her resisting wasn't entirely successful, as she was on the brink of turning when The Count was destroyed at the end of the book.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@steelhound56 said:

@Guardiandevil83: Its all good man. I actually kinda liked the backstory of Dracula in Dracula 2000, made for a really unique and slightly tragic character.

Too bad the movie wasnt great...

@icysloth: I stand by my argument. I'm not terribly recent on my latest readthrough of Queen of the Damned, but she does indeed predate Christ by a good margin.

The only problem is, is that we have two competing apex characters here. Both are the original vampire in their respective lore. I'll stick by Dracula, due to more exposure and fleshing out of his powers compared to Akasha.

If we are going by strictly novel versions, how can we determine if Akasha's pyrokinesis would even work on Dracula? They are both apex vampires in their respective ficitonal universes. Dracula at 430 years old displayed a greater reportoire of powers than Akasha did in QOTD.

I also thought her ability to set those vampires on fire was due to her having some sort of magical control over them, due to all the vampires in that universe being descended from her bloodline, her "children" so to speak.

Dracula displayed the same amount of control over his "children", albeit in a more indirect manner. He couldn't burn them, but to quote one of my favorite paragraphs of Dracula

“You think to baffle me, you with your pale faces all in a row, like sheep in a butcher's. You shall be sorry yet, each one of you! You think you have left me without a place to rest, but I have more. My revenge is just begun! I spread it over centuries, and time is on my side. Your girls, that you will come to love, are mine already. And through them you and others shall yet be mine, my creatures, to do my bidding, and to be my jackals when I want to feed. Bah!”

This implies that he can compel his fledglings to do as he pleases. He may not have the ability to burn them as Akasha does, but he also has a more fine control over his fledglings than Akasha seemed to.

Akasha couldn't stop her own descendants from turning against her. Hence the whole 9 of them jumping her and draining her dry.

I don't think Dracula would even have to worry about his fledglings turning on him. He seemed to have too much control over them. Mina Harker, for example, someone who's intelligence and willpower is admired many times throughout Dracula, could only attempt to resist him while she was in the process of turning. Even then, her resisting wasn't entirely successful, as she was on the brink of turning when The Count was destroyed at the end of the book.

Actually i'm pro Drac as well. The only way I see Akasha winning is if she attacks during his weakened state. I already explained her pyro would not work on Dracula. That is if you were trying to sell me on that. lol

EDIT: oops that wasn't meant for me..my mistake. lol

rod1949us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rod1949us

@BringnIt: @BringnIt said:

What version of Dracula?

I'm saying the Bram Stoker Dracula. The Dracula played by Gary Oldman in the film. Don't know too much about the other versions of Dracula. I now the Dracula in the 90s film was powerful.

Avatar image for fanofsuperheroes
fanofsuperheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By fanofsuperheroes

Okay, the problem here is that these are 2 characters in totally different setting. Anne Rice vampires just didn't have the abilities that Dracula does, Anne made her vampires more solely based on the (and try to follow me here) supernatural aspect, NOT the magical based aspect where Dracula gets most of his powers. In Anne Rice novels, the older you are the more powerful, i.e strength, speed, agility, resilience. Literally the skin of Anne vampires become as hard as marble making them hard to hurt. It took 4 extremely powerful old vampires to hold Akasha down for them to drain her. So in essence, no, Akasha cannot out right kill Dracula because he is not of her blood. Which by the way was not actually pyrokinesis, it was Akasha reaching down the line of her blood to that specific individual and ending their life. The movie just made it look more dazzling. Dracula does has an impressive array of powers but little that I think will actually do anything to Akasha. It will come down to melee tactics for the win and I believe that Akasha is more powerful than Dracula in that aspect, however, Dracula is a much better fighter, and as we see with WW vs Superman, it isn't all about power but usually about skill.

bigsnuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bigsnuff

I am a huge Anne Rice fan, and I have to chime in here. Akasha, at 6000 years old was immensely strong. Khayman, a vampire of her first brood, was able to casually toss a car into a nearby field, just to test his strength, with no effort at all, and Akasha was at least as strong. She was capable of flying at speeds of up to 1000 miles per hour, evidenced by her ability to fly around the planet ahead of the sun in order to stay awake and alert (although she would not be hurt by the sun at all, she would be rendered unconscious). However, her exposure to sunlight would cause all vampires under a certain age or power level to explode into flame and die, and even the oldest would be burned to some degree. Her ability to burn other vampires was due to their blood being highly flammable, not because they were of her bloodline, as any vampire of sufficient age or strength could do this, as shown by Lestat, Marius, Thorne, Khayman, and pyrokinesis was its own power. At one point, Lestat was able to make a helicopter explode with his pyrokinesis. Additionally, she had immense telekinetic power, easily able to move objects weighing several tons, and was able to telepathically hear almost everyone on Earth simultaneously. This almost drove her mad, it was so powerful. Her speed was so great as to almost be teleportation as she gave this power to Lestat; "Then I made the decision to be standing at her side. It was as if a hurricane touched me, full of noise and random force. Then I was there!" Additionally, she was actually killed by another exceptionally powerful vampire, who was also a powerful witch, who then ate Akasha's brain to preserve all vampires, as everyone one of them would have died with her otherwise. Any vampire of sufficient age could also kill humans or animals with a thought telekinetically, causing their internal organs to burst, and were so strong that they would literally squeeze humans to pulp without trying.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Akasha 10/10

Lets not confuse the book movie version. In the books Akasha was able to fly around the world very quickly and killing all vampires she sensed using the fire gift.

Also the older vampires in this series are so strong they have to be careful not to bump into humans or risk crushing them like tin cans

Avatar image for doctor_bong_crosby
doctor_bong_crosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about Marvel´s version ("Tomb of Dracula")...?

eMJay19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahaha...

From what I can gather Count Dracula is a very powerful vampire, who outclasses most vampires, that also possesses the powers and abilities of a Strigoi, Incubus, and a very powerful warlock... Not to mention that before he became immortal, he was an accomplished warlord.

How can Dracula be the original vampire if Akasha and others pre-dated christ and Dracula does not? I don't get it...

Count Dracula can't die! He was cursed by god to roam the earth for eternity, and with this, the devil favored him and granted him abilities to torment mankind. This is why he can't die, because god does not allow it. In his apparent death, he is always resurrected.

Seriously can a mere vampire, powerful or ancient, deal with someone who has dealt and is favored by the devil? I mean Van Hellsing only defeated him by using his weaknesses against him, and the religious artifacts, those helped a lot. But a vampire who has the same weakness? Well if they can use religious artifacts, then Count Dracula is screwed....

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Akasha 10/10

Lets not confuse the book movie version. In the books Akasha was able to fly around the world very quickly and killing all vampires she sensed using the fire gift.

Also the older vampires in this series are so strong they have to be careful not to bump into humans or risk crushing them like tin cans