Dr. Strange vs. Spawn

• 114 results
Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Depends on which versions, strongest version of spawn was bond with the MoM so I think he’d win if you use strongest.

Weakest means before all this Magic mumbo jumbo but before that spawn was the best assassin and cia agent.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Current version, Dr Strange wins, last time i checked Spawn was pathetically weak.

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spawn has extremely vast and powerful magical abilities. That, coupled with his magic hax, durability, and chains, should give Spawn a decisive win.

bdelloidgrain2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on which version of Spawn.

Zyrathok1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Zyrathok1978

Spawn would win against any opponent that is human period!! The things he's done against human opponents with human organs is just insane, so a normal human being mastering the art of magic and sorcerery is not gonna win.

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deactivated-6025c60aa67c8: Spawn trapped God and Satan in a dimension they couldn't escape from, he's the strongest Image Comics character by far and honestly wipes the floor with Strange, whether it be with magic or H2H combat.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Strange pretty easily, Spawn in a random fight isn't doing much unless he's severely amped.

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys remember Spawn isn't affected by magic attacks and time control. Spawn's feats are insane. He holds an answer to all Strange's tricks..

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reno117 said:

Guys remember Spawn isn't affected by magic attacks and time control. Spawn's feats are insane. He holds an answer to all Strange's tricks..

dat nlf tho

Zyrathok1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princesscadenza: right, but not someone that could do it with the versatility that spawn can, I love doctor strange, he's one of my all time favorite marvel characters, but he's just way too human to go up against spawn, spawn has too many ways around strange's attacks, I really think spawn would win this one.

Zyrathok1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: spawn has won many random encounters, and has tons of powers, abilities, and skills without being amped, spawn is way too versatile for strange to compete with and strange is way too human to not be defeated by spawn.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange stomps

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: spawn has won many random encounters, and has tons of powers, abilities, and skills without being amped, spawn is way too versatile for strange to compete with and strange is way too human to not be defeated by spawn.

None of those are legitimate reasons. Strange has also won many random encounters, and has tons of what you already mentioned, lol.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Strange normally has issues with beings like Mephisto, who he needs team ups with Doom. Strange also been several times beaten by Ghost Rider.

Hell Lords give Strange hell. Even classic days. Spawn on normal is Hell Lord level whether its Hell King Spawn, Omega Spawn, or Ressurected Spawn.

Divine Spawn is Marvels Odin or Zeus level easy. Easy. Higher by feats and statements consistently. Strange would lose hard here too.

Strange at he best, very best, as in Strange packing his Magical Items, Prep, and calling on Dormammu and Vishanti power straight up is only way to match Divine Spawn.

Then we have God Spawn. Strange straight up loses hard. He could only post pone Thanos with IG at his highest showing. No way Strange taking on God Spawn. Done deal there.

Maalik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Maalik

Strange

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8a948a0372
deactivated-60f8a948a0372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Dr. Strange.

jwillis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Divine Spawn > most powerful version of Dr. strange.

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zyrathok1978 said:

right, but not someone that could do it with the versatility that spawn can, I love doctor strange, he's one of my all time favorite marvel characters, but he's just way too human to go up against spawn, spawn has too many ways around strange's attacks, I really think spawn would win this one.

Yes, they can. We're talking about skyfather entities and above like Zom, Dormammu, Satannish and so on.

@kaijuking said:

Dr Strange normally has issues with beings like Mephisto, who he needs team ups with Doom. Strange also been several times beaten by Ghost Rider.

Hell Lords give Strange hell. Even classic days. Spawn on normal is Hell Lord level whether its Hell King Spawn, Omega Spawn, or Ressurected Spawn.

Divine Spawn is Marvels Odin or Zeus level easy. Easy. Higher by feats and statements consistently. Strange would lose hard here too.

Strange at he best, very best, as in Strange packing his Magical Items, Prep, and calling on Dormammu and Vishanti power straight up is only way to match Divine Spawn.

Then we have God Spawn. Strange straight up loses hard. He could only post pone Thanos with IG at his highest showing. No way Strange taking on God Spawn. Done deal there.

You're way behind in comics then, Cadence. Strange was matching Mephisto in Damnation( Even then, Strange already bound Mephisto just fine in DaredevilVol.2#5 and tanked his attack when amped a thousandfold in Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #277) and that was in an inferior version before leveling up with Eoffren. Ghost Rider has never defeated Strange without context, Strange was either weakened, Ghost Rider was amped, Strange was underestimating him and etc. Now Zarathos is another story, but again, Strange is more powerful than was back then as well and has recently matched Hell-King Johnny the last time they fought in Ghost Rider Vol.9#6-7.

And certain artifacts like the Wings of Needless Sorrow and the Eye of Avalon would easily put him above skyfather level.

Even Zarathos only has a win against Strange with, again, context. That was when Strange thought he went too far and accidentally killed Blaze. His guard was down and he was distraught, then Zarathos took control of Blazes body which Strange wasn't paying attention to and bound Strange with a surprise attack.

To expand on what you mentioned regarding context. People like to use the time Strange fought Ghost Rider who was amped by Dormammu as a win for GR, yet completely leave out the fact that he was amped by Dormammu. Even better is Strange was never truly defeated, after GR's initial strike (all the other confrontations in that comic were simply illusions of Strange Dormammu conjured up to both subtly feed GR his own power and get him angry at Strange) Strange left his body and entered GR's mind (since he sensed something) and had a battle with Dormammu. There's the time he saved the Midnight Sons from Zarathos, I have seen it argued that he had to run away but they ignore the fact that he simply showed up to rescue them and regroup, plus they were outnumbered because it wasn't just Zarathos but also Lilith and her Lilin, and there were civilians. If anything this is either a feat for Strange or an anti-feat for Zarathos when you consider Strange was able to trap them all in a barrier, have a conversation, cast an illusion spell to hide the civilians (which worked), open a portal and leave, and it was only after they were gone was was Zarathos able to break through the barrier. On top of all of that this was after the event where (by his own admission) Strange's powers were at their lowest ebb (and even further exhausted). The Uncanny Avengers instance is hardly worth covering anymore, it doesn't fit canon and they never actually fought, Strange just shielded the group who then went on to beat him with a method that Strange himself was best suited for (seeing as he has done that sort of thing before).

Which reminds me, when Strange gathered what would become the Midnight Sons to take on Lilith it took all of them to do it, yet everyone agreed Strange could have done it himself (the Ghost Riders even saying of Salome who they believed killed Strange that if she could do that then they stand no chance). In the Witches limited series Lilith had to wait for Strange to be weakened before attempting to fight him. After a single mystic bolt and learning he was starting to regain his power she fled.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Honestly, even God Spawn might lose to Stephen considering his recent track record. Current Spawn gets stomped of course though

Zyrathok1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princesscadenza: it doesn't matter, strange is too human, if spawn teleported inside of strange and let off a full hell fire or necroplasm blast then strange's vital organs would be obliterated!! He would die!! Strange's magic would not affect spawn and that's his entire offense and defense, spawn has tons of ways to kill strange without magic, and here is why strange would fail,

Magic and spells, for all their power, take time, effort and concentration to use. Some spells are quicker than others but it’s not like he can reverse time in the middle of a fight. Remember, during the fight in the Mirror Dimension, he couldn’t even get the time to summon a portal to escape,

Some of his magic is also reliant on relics, Without these items, many of the spells are unavailable to him, Strange can also only fly with the cloak on and manipulate time while wearing the Eye, If these objects are taken, stolen or lost, he loses access to those spells,

And there’s plenty of spells he doesn’t know or aren’t good at, It's fairly evident that he is not as good at manipulating matter as most other magical characters are, he also doesn't know any healing spells strong enough to save him from spawn, his magic shields have been frequently broken, as I have mentioned before

Outside of magic, he’s fairly human, He can be injured, he can be knocked out, he can be overwhelmed, he can be surprised, Even with the cloak protecting him, he has been stabbed,

Dr. Strange has plenty of weaknesses, both because of how his powers operate and because he is human,

Strange uses incantations for many spells. Therefore, mute him. Target his voice or mouth & make him unable to talk, Also, fight him in a place with no sound,

Some of his magic uses gestures. Target his hands & fingers, in the past his hands were crushed, magic reversing time on his body would aaffect him and has affected him before,

Strange is still human, so he is not bulletproof, so target his hands, throat, lungs, head, etc, and since

He is human, he needs: air, water, food, Sleep, Remove things or poison them, there are way too many ways for spawn to kill strange.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: you consider current strange skyfather leve?

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrupert1: all fair points. Lilith was never a real threat she is Dracula level really. Love to see her Drac had more comics togther they be great.

I also love to see the comics of Hell Lord Blaze. Is this the actual Devil Throne might Guy rulled?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#87 god_spawn  Moderator

Spawn would win against any opponent that is human period!! The things he's done against human opponents with human organs is just insane, so a normal human being mastering the art of magic and sorcerery is not gonna win.

Faulty logic and rather ironic, tbh, when Spawn himself, still technically being a human at his core. Despite his powers, he’s delegated himself to using conventional weaponry plenty of times. And without any real massive power amps, IE 2nd age, Omega, Divine/God, Strange has done things outside of his scope.

Autopsywhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Faulty logic on comic vine, who would’ve guessed

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks: you consider current strange skyfather leve?

To follow up on princesscadenza's answer, yeah I don't see him beating the likes of Odin in a random battle even currently. Outside the comics an argument can be made for him being that level, when gauging certain feats in a forum setting, seeing as he has been written in recent times quite powerful (especially under Waid), showcasing some really impressive things. But skyfathers under such writers would likely have them equally well represented with the amount of power they would command. Likewise, those who write skyfathers as less impressive would do so to Strange as well. So either way it doesn't balance out, they're still ahead. Marvel has just been really inconsistent.

Oh and yeah, Lilith mostly is supported by hype, but I would still place her above Dracula. Such that Strange exclaimed worry that if they were to clash with their magic it would weaken the dimensional barrier (the type that keeps certain unwanted beings out).

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zyrathok1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: that's my point, strange relies on magic offensively and defensively, without magic strange is completely human and no special skills, so spawn has plenty of ways to attack and defeat strange, spawn is in no way human in the physical sense at all, he doesn't require oxygen or internal organs whatsoever, strange does, the vast majority of strange's spells are either elemental, entrapment spells or defensive spells, the first two types wouldn't do anything to spawn and spawn is way faster and far more versatile than the majority of strange's opponents, so even you know enough about spawn to know that spawn would take this fight @princesscadenza

Zyrathok1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@autopsywhip: not faulty logic at all when one requires oxygen and internal organs and one doesn’t, and one has been incapacitated by means that would definitely incapacitate a normal human and the other one not.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 god_spawn  Moderator

@god_spawn: that's my point, strange relies on magic offensively and defensively, without magic strange is completely human and no special skills, so spawn has plenty of ways to attack and defeat strange, spawn is in no way human in the physical sense at all, he doesn't require oxygen or internal organs whatsoever, strange does, the vast majority of strange's spells are either elemental, entrapment spells or defensive spells, the first two types wouldn't do anything to spawn and spawn is way faster and far more versatile than the majority of strange's opponents, so even you know enough about spawn to know that spawn would take this fight @princesscadenza

You’re point doesn’t really make sense, dude, and you’re missing mine. You’re lowballing Strange for being a human, but Spawn still acts human and uses human weapons when he has this vast armament of magic, because he was a human, so he thinks like a human. That fact has limited him at times. Strange on the other hand, has gone beyond thinking like a normal person and wouldn’t delegate himself to basic conceptions of magic. Now I’m not saying Spawn isn’t good with magic, he is, but he’s not on Strange‘s level in skill, that is a fact. And both use magic offensively and defensively, so I don’t get that point?

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

test

Zyrathok1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: the only point I was making about the offensive and defensive magic is that since strange is completely human that's all he has is magic, I was making the point that spawn is way more versatile than strange, so spawn can attack strange in more ways than strange can attack spawn, also spawn thinks like an assassin not a normal human so he would attack strange with everything he has and attempt to take him out by any means necessary is all I meant.

Zyrathok1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princesscadenza: I'm not mixing up the comics with the mcu, I know quite well what strange has done in the comics and most the beings that accomplished what you are saying were beings that were in magical battles with strange and when it happened strange was already working on counter spells, and his physical opponents like you've mentioned, hulk, juggernaut, etc, have no versatility and were attacking strange head on, he's never faced anyone that could continuously attack him from all of the angles that spawn could, plus counter the majority of strange's magic with their own magic.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 god_spawn  Moderator

@god_spawn: the only point I was making about the offensive and defensive magic is that since strange is completely human that's all he has is magic, I was making the point that spawn is way more versatile than strange, so spawn can attack strange in more ways than strange can attack spawn, also spawn thinks like an assassin not a normal human so he would attack strange with everything he has and attempt to take him out by any means necessary is all I meant.

And an assassin that was a human using human means of doing his job, that even as a Hellspawn, still used said human means. Your point is just contradictory, dude. Outside of being a hellspawn, that’s really it. What you say in terms of ability is really no different than what can be said for Strange. Why wouldn’t Strange do what he can when he has decades of vastly more showings than Spawn including much more variety and versatility? You cant claim versatility for Spawn when he doesn’t have it.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Correct me if I am wrong but Strange magic relies on using spells for very specific effects. He chants, or call upon a diety for specific effects.

Meanwhile Spawn necrolasm is straight reality warping juice. Not to mention K7 Leetha as one of the most powerful sentient weapons in his universe with many powers of its own.

Again correct me if Strange does not call on dieitys or need to say and gesture specific spells with specific effects