Stephen

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Bones309

I can see the blitz being an issue unless Strange has some sort of shield up. Even then, she's past through shields with ease. Granted Strange's are mystical in nature so who knows what all they block.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Strange doesn't have his ever popular auto-shields in this fight?

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Strange, even with morals off Monica fights/uses her powers poorly. She usually has smarter characters (ie. Superior Spider-Man, T'Challa) directing her on how to use her powers effectively.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Of course he does.. they're so automatic no one has to bring them up ;)

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monica

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By butterflykyss

Monica

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@hulkage: Strange should get blitzed here

All day. Every day

What they said.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pooty

Strange, even with morals off Monica fights/uses her powers poorly. She usually has smarter characters (ie. Superior Spider-Man, T'Challa) directing her on how to use her powers effectively.

Monica uses her powers very effectively. She was handpicked by Cap America to lead the avengers and in Infinity Proxima said Spectrum was the leader and biggest threat. She was also the team leader in Nextwave. She was the last person standing when the avengers fought Zeus. She was the main person who stopped Shuma Guruth. She was in Avengers Infinite and took down robots that beat Thor down. Tchalla has given her tips how how to use her powers in more creative ways. But that doesn't imply she uses her powers poorly.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monica ftw

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@pooty: friend I think you might have gotten few things confused specially in regards to Shuma Gorath. The biggest reason why Shuma lost was because it was only a tiny fraction of his powers that had made it to the earth. Not to mention it appeared Eva and her amulet had the biggest impact. After all it was the panther god that eventually defeats Shuma.

Stephen himself has fought Shuma one on one during Invaders now and managed to beat him at stone henge. Granted, as always there were the whole idea that Shuma having woken up from him slumber was not at full power. Then again that was probably obvious because it's Shuma.

Beating an opponent that Thor is impressive normally but perhaps not on this level. I mean Thanos and the remaining survivors were overwhelming the Thor Corp. They clearly said they couldn't win the fight and we're taking heavy casualty. Thanos alone was getting better of 2 Thors. Then comes Stephen who casually scatters them across the planet without much problem. He clearly seem more powerful then all the players there combined (not including God Doom of course).

If you are to match feats Stephen might be too high on the ladder.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kokemabb200

@pooty: You're right. I'm not doing the character any justice. I've never read much that features her too prominently, but the ones I read were her + Black Panther + Luke Cage teaming up to fight vampires, and her not realizing she could mimic UV radiation without Black Panther explaining it to her, and Superior Spider-Man guiding her to combat the girl in the electrical grid didn't seem very impressive, and I remember her fighting Shuma Gorath but I don't recall the details of the encounter.

I've just always felt she should be around Dr. Light's level but haven't read anything where she comes close, that's why I think she manages her powers poorly.

I'll admit I'm not overly informed with her history, but maybe I'll get a new appreciation for her in the upcoming "Ultimates" run.

Regardless, I still see Strange winning.

Avatar image for cow-lord-new-world-udder
COW-LORD-New-World-Udder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange destroys her.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kokemabb200: I have the issue with BP and spectrum and Blade. BP didn't teach her to do that. Light is her favourite form of attack. BP taught her how to shrink down to microscopic size. Spiderman is a genius so i'm sure she can learn from him. Spectrum is my fave behind Thanos but i think Dr. Light is more powerful then her. But she is no slouch. Hopefully you'll see more of her in future comics.

@claymore1998: it has been a minute since i read mighty avengers but i thought Spectrum changed into eyes or something that hurt Shuma or stopped him. My mistake. And Dr. Strange is very powerful. He is more powerful then Spectrum. But she has an enormous speed advantage. Spectrum has made other super powered beings seem frozen. I know people talk about auto shields but I've seen them not work or were not always automatic. If his shields protect him then he wins. But if he has to conjure his spells, i see her blitzing him.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

Strange anihilates

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Claymore1998

@pooty: no worries friend that's alright it's an easy mistake to make.

Sorry I am a bit confused in regards to speed. Her speed would only make a difference if she gets to start in the energy form which isn't a norm for her. If anything on a draw Stephen is faster unless she reaches her energy form.

Unless there is anything stopping Stephen for reacting or retaliating before she goes energy mode I do not see how this would be an issue. Given Stephen mastery over time, even a light speed attack would be meaningless. Speed after all is distance per unit of time. How do you stop someone with a mastery over time itself, without the luxury of being able to blitz him outright.

Not to mention Stephen himself had the ability to speed himself, not just enough to match Monica's speed but so much beyond that she would appear frozen before him.

Perhaps I am missing something but I really don't see how speed would matter in the battle. But I am extremely interested to hear your side of the argument. Maybe we could convince one of us to change our mind. If not at least we can sleep easy knowing we tired hehe

Would you be interested on a prologue debate, friend?

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr. Strange wins IMO.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way, speeds on her side, while magic is on his side.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: no worries friend that's alright it's an easy mistake to make.

Sorry I am a bit confused in regards to speed. Her speed would only make a difference if she gets to start in the energy form which isn't a norm for her. If anything on a draw Stephen is faster unless she reaches her energy form.

Unless there is anything stopping Stephen for reacting or retaliating before she goes energy mode I do not see how this would be an issue. Given Stephen mastery over time, even a light speed attack would be meaningless. Speed after all is distance per unit of time. How do you stop someone with a mastery over time itself, without the luxury of being able to blitz him outright.

Not to mention Stephen himself had the ability to speed himself, not just enough to match Monica's speed but so much beyond that she would appear frozen before him.

Perhaps I am missing something but I really don't see how speed would matter in the battle. But I am extremely interested to hear your side of the argument. Maybe we could convince one of us to change our mind. If not at least we can sleep easy knowing we tired hehe

Would you be interested on a prologue debate, friend?

No Caption Provided

Cool. If she starts in human form she can change almost instantly. She doesn't have to move or gesture as Strange would. I say she is much faster on the draw then Strange is(unless proven otherwise). She can transform and attack in an "imperceptibly small fraction of a second". I believe she can take out Strange before he can conjure a shield. Even if Strange gets his shield up that may not be enough. She's gotten through various shields before. Magic is nothing but exotic energy. Once she finds the frequency she can get past. Even energy from other dimensions. I can post more scans later. But what reaction feats does Strange have that prevent the initial blitz? And if he survives the initial blitz how does he deal with a character the is invisible and can move at light speed? Thanks

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: I am on my phone at the moment so I can't post scans but Stephen should be much faster on a draw. Stephen has always had a fair degree of Super speed to his name. He's got instances where his speed are clocked at microsecond. We have seen him move so fast that we start seeing multiple images of his hand etc.

Since I can't upload scans I will give you a link to the thread. Please check out the reply no 88 you will find a lot of scans you would like.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/team-hal-jordan-vs-team-kyle-rayner-1694032/?page=2

Other questions you raised are interesting but Stephen has anyways to just about anything. Invisibility or in tangibly means very little when Stephen has fought undead souls. The eye of Agamatto also gives you sight beyond sight.

Not to mention Stephen can do actually that to Monica. Spell of concealment has been used to outright blind the opponents in the past including Memphisto. He can also abandon his body and fight entire as an Astral self which would be problematic for Monica.

His time manipulation and his ability to speed himself up easily counters Monica's supposed speed advantage. His ability to fight without needing a physical body makes it very hard for Monica to actually be able to attack Stephen.

Stephen could distort Monica's vision with magic. He has powerful enough telepathy to shut down her brain. The Astral self of Stephen Strange has done that to Namor. He can make it such that every action she tries to take her body would react differently. He's done that to Dormammu.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: in the link, on earlier page you can see Stephen fighting Silver Surfer who tries to attack an unaware Dr. Strange at the speed exceeding that of sound. Stephen not only blocks that using his sixth sense but a casual show up power leads to Silver Surfer admitting his inferiority to Stephen and leave. You might have a rather different perspective of Stephen's powers and abilities then what they are.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: I will look at the link when I get home. I admit that Stephen can defeat her if he has time. But him reacting at the speed of sound is much different then reacting to light speed. I will look at the link and comment further

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: I think you are misunderstanding my argument. His reaction ability was just to showcase he would be faster on the draw on human form. I.e. he should be able to cast a spell before Monica can turn into her energy form.

The light speed part comes after she turns into energy form but Stephen has spell to 1) stop time and 2) speed himself up to make himself not just as fast as Monica but faster.

You see Stephen without his spell doesn't have to fast than Monica in her elemental form. Stephen has has to cast one of 2 spell mentioned before (he's done both instantly) Monica can think about changing form , changing form and attacking Stephen.

In a realistic scenario Stephen has a lot more time then you are suggesting, friend.

TryingToChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TryingToChill

@pooty said:

@hulkage: Strange should get blitzed here

All day. Every day

Strange has time manipulation.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: That's the part I don't agree with. I don't think he can cast a spell before she can change forms. As the scans show she can change forms AND travel a great distance in less then a fraction of a second. Her entire powerset is based on speed. Strange has a few speed feats but I don't consider them as consistent as hers are. And I'm not sure he has any feats in the last 10yrs that put him on her level of reaction speed. Meaning that is not his normal operating speed

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: Also in the lunk you posted did he show his time stopping powers? If not could you post them?

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TryingToChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mmm. Time was when classic Strange did indeed have auto shields.

As far as I'm aware, current Strange does not.

PIS off, Monica Rambeau should win this.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: I don't agree and you will see recent speed feats there as well. We might have to agree to disagree.

Regarding time manipulation

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-httk-loki-vs-claymore1998-doctor-strange-1625760/

My opening post has Stephen speeding himself up to counter time being slowed down against Eva fairly recently . Post no 22 has Stephen stopping time.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: We might have to agree to disagree.

Post 39 on this thread show Monica dealing with time being slowed. But agreeing to disagree is fine. Thanks for the info

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monica is easily herald level. Hell, she has enough power now to destroy a planet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5
deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does Strange win when he can't react fast enough to Monica is faster than light in reflexes?

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes Monica wins here! Love her!

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

could go either way but mostly Monica wins

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monica

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Strange.

Jko1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange got a new feat so this seems even more unfair than it was before.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebb616323ddd
deactivated-5ebb616323ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stephen

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jko1: which new feat? Maybe I overlooked this issue, for one he didn't recreate the universe with his own power, living tribunal gave him the power then took it back. So please tell me which feat did he show that can make this a mismatch, don't forget Monica can duplicate magic