Dr Strange (MCU) vs Scarlet Witch (MCU)

Hiddenstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Strange has no answer for Tp or Tk while Wanda has a local force field that can block most of Strange's attacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenstorm: Has Wanda ever used TP at a distance? The only times I recall her doing it were when her hand was about 6" to a foot away from someone's head.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange. Wanda has to get upclose to use her "TP"

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc6a17e6d482
deactivated-5bc6a17e6d482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 anthp2000  Moderator

Wanda, far better hax and far more raw power. People should stop underrating her powerset, she can litteraly just grab Strange and tear him in half.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's in battles like these I think it's a who hits who first rather than who's more powerful. They're both glass cannons. One good hit and that's it. Question is who has the better defense and who can pull theirs up quicker?

Nyhybrid89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The master of the mystic arts got this, Wanda would put up a fight but strange is too much for her.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange, there's no debate about it, he's simply superior in terms of everything.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's in battles like these I think it's a who hits who first rather than who's more powerful. They're both glass cannons. One good hit and that's it. Question is who has the better defense and who can pull theirs up quicker?

This.

strange might lose due to the fancy movements he has to do with his hands.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ourmanuel: he does have quick spells though, so it's up to strategy. IIRC he can launch a mirror dimension portal pretty quickly and raise a shield in an instant. If Wanda decides to toss things at Strange like she did in Civil War, Strange likely takes it. If Strange goes for spells that require more movement, he could lose if Wanda uses TK directly on him at that moment. Depends on their strategy and how they react to each other's powers.

Hiddenstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatarofdeath: Wanda did in Sokovia when they were evacuating the city

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenstorm: I'll have to rewatch that because I don't recall that at all.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A match who restrains who's arms first

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange is better, but Wanda wins by TK.

Rustlingjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor Strange wins if Wanda isn't angry.

Darkeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Scarlet Witch is one of the most overrated/wanked characters I've ever seen. She has to be literally right next to someone to use TP, and even then, Hawkeye stopped her with a taser arrow, so it isn't reliable. Not only that, but she struggled with Proxima both times they fought, only winning each time due to outside interference. On the flipside, Strange was holding his own against Thanos with 4 stones, and has much more variety and hax. Wanda has no answer for the mirror dimension, clones, bands of Cyttorak, His Cloak, or even his normal whips and shields, this is a mismatch.

Veganbaconbits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Veganbaconbits

Strange wins via BFR or AP. He uses astral projection, makes a portal for his body so he can perpetually fall (like with Loki), so his body is safe from her. Then he stomps.

BEWAREDANGER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patera_all: Do you recall the scene in which Wanda evacuates an entire neighborhood using her telepathy?

@ambushseeker why you people?! It's physic powers not telepathy. There's a difference between physic and telepathy. Telepathy is being able to read people's minds while physic is being able to change people's minds (mind control). And the scarlet witch can do both. But you can't mind control people using telepathy alone, for goodness sakes.

@nerdchore said:

Strange wins. Wands tp was never used in battle. And her tk can be blocked or dodged.

Plus she uses her hands. Strange wraps up her hands with his rope then beats her up

What do you mean she never used her tp in battle? She used it against Vision somewhat in battle in CW when she controlled his density through the mindstone, and she definitely used it against Cap, Thor, and BW in AoU when she incapacitated them mid-fight. In fact, I'd say we've seen her use her tp to incapacitate people more than we've seen her use it for anything else really.

She can only use her physic powers aka mind control on people that she's currently touching and the only reason she was able to do it to most of the avengers in Age of Ultron was because she had seeked up on them and ambushed them. I highly doubt she can do the same to Doctor Strange in a 1v1.

Daisy_Johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange. He's far more skilled at his arts and mentally strong and resolved enough to beat Wanda.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Either has the capability to one shot if catches the opponent off guard. They are both powerful glass canons.

Overall I'd back strange. He seems faster, and much faster in astral form. He has had some serious training, can make shields as big as Wanda, and probably bigger, has cloak helping in defence, better aerial mobility and better versatility.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange wins faster more powerful and versatile

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ebony Maw used his TK to incapacitate Stange with no trouble, Strange couldn’t use his power while restrained.

Wanda can just do the same thing. She already used her TK to swiftly immobilize a thug in the beginning of Civil War.

Besides, Strange has no way of protecting himself from her TP. Wanda also does not need to be close to strange, in AoU she used her TP to control, from a distance, several people when evacuating Sokovia.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda stomps wtf

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
DeutschKurzhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the moment dr strange because he has had a longer time to hone his powers. She is still learning what she can do. I don’t think she would know what to do if he fought her like he fought thanos, because that was beyond impressive. Besides Thor, Strange got the closest to beating thanos.

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
DeutschKurzhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stefano: strange didn’t know what to expect from maw. He really just caught strange off guard. If strange fought maw again like he fought thanos he would win handily

Avatar image for strongerthanrin
StrongerThanRin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange teaches Wanda a good lesson ;)

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet Witch needs only one hand gesture to capture Dr. Strange and his cloak. Her powers also work much faster than his does. I’m going with her.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc073360931e
deactivated-5cc073360931e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 anthp2000  Moderator

I'd back Wanda but this is closer than I thought. My opinion of Strange has gone way up.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like it could go either way. On the one hand, I think Wanda has more potential raw power (based on how she pressured Thanos in Wakanda), but Strange has a lot more versatility. Strange has been shown to be vulnerable to being immobilized, which Wanda could potentially exploit, but Wanda also seems to rely on motion to direct her powers

Strange's loss to Ebony Maw kinda hurts him here, but I feel like if they were to fight again, Strange could do better. I don't wanna hold it against him too much cause I also think Wanda could've beaten Proxima solo (when Proxima and whatever the other guy's name is attacked her and Vision) instead of seeming to struggle with her. Interestingly, I feel like Wanda would match up better against Maw while Strange matches up better against Proxima, maybe

If Strange busts out some of the moves he was using 1v1 with Thanos, I'm not sure Wanda would be able to cope, especially if she's approaching the fight in character.

thesuprme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it depends on who fires first.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0b495e7009f
deactivated-5d0b495e7009f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda wtf

greenroost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Wanda was as good with her powers as people like to believe she would have just stopped team Iron Man from fighting. That COULD have been done with TP or TK but she didn't. That's weird isnt it? She used TK on Widow and Panther but just threw things at Iron Man, War Machine, and Spider-Man. She loses due to incompetence here. Her two best feats are against people who weren't fighting back.

that

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wanda.

Lukefrost4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Strange just has energy projection & manipulation, with some objects that he can make portals with and fly, and in extreme situations he can use dark dimension energy to fold matter. He even lost to Ebony Maw, a telekinetic who has more control, but arguably less power than Wanda, and she also has telekinetic energy manipulation, and mental manipulation! Ebony Maw defeated Dr Strange just by holding his hands in one place, and that was with the time stone! And the fact she destroyed an Infinity Stone doesn’t help Strange’s case! Dr Strange is practically useless in this fight.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange seemed to struggle with TK against Maw....

I think Wanda wins due to being quicker to the draw. Since their bloodlusted Wanda will just disintegrate Strange. None of Stranges spells are faster than Wanda’s

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it depends on who fires first.

Strange seemed to struggle with TK against Maw....

I think Wanda wins due to being quicker to the draw. Since their bloodlusted Wanda will just disintegrate Strange. None of Stranges spells are faster than Wanda’s

wanda.

Wanda wtf

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@darkeyes: Okay look, you can say Wanda is overrated. But tbh everyone on this site is wanked now and again. Also Thor is the most overrated MCU character not Wanda.

Wanda’s TP affected a portion of Sokovia so it can be further than 6in away from someone’s head. (Although TP isn’t the best way for her to win she could use it, but likely won’t) Wanda wins this fight due to being faster.

Two glass cannon are against each other and the first one to strike will always win. Wanda has shown time and time again to have great reflexes and stamina, so she would likely beat Strange by disintegrating him right at the start of the fight (ultron style)(also Wanda would do this because they are bloodlusted)

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda. Wanda's tk is a lot stronger than Maw's who was manhandling Strange.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange for now.

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda if bloodlusted

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#196 JediXMan  Moderator

Hard to say. Strange did well against - but still lost to - Thanos when he had several stones, but Wanda beat Thanos without the stones.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Good reasoning.

I still say Strange. I don't know how Wanda could respond to:

-Being encased in a mirror dimension

-Held down by the bands of Cytorak

-Being BFRd into a bad circumstance or in an endless fall (Loki)

-Strangled by the Cloak of Levitation (Wanda has always done poor against most physical opponents who bullrush her and I can see her reacting in time to the cloak)

-Stranges TK is also just as impressive with him holding an entire body of water with what looked like minimal effort.

He just seems to have more hax on his side. Wanda's power is more straight forward and maps itself with bloodlust.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#198 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: Good reasoning.

I still say Strange. I don't know how Wanda could respond to:

-Being encased in a mirror dimension

-Held down by the bands of Cytorak

-Being BFRd into a bad circumstance or in an endless fall (Loki)

-Strangled by the Cloak of Levitation (Wanda has always done poor against most physical opponents who bullrush her and I can see her reacting in time to the cloak)

-Stranges TK is also just as impressive with him holding an entire body of water with what looked like minimal effort.

He just seems to have more hax on his side. Wanda's power is more straight forward and maps itself with bloodlust.

Yes, but she is the only one in the MCU so far who had the raw power to destroy an Infinity Stone without using another stone. That's a pretty good feat in and of itself. She also had the power to shield herself from Thanos who was using 5 stones.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#199 krisbishop  Moderator

Wanda wins but only because she's a hard counter to Strange. His spell casting is entirely dependent on hand movements which can be instantly restricted by Wanda, not to mention Strange has no superhuman strength.

Sushmita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange instantly teleported Loki and Thor to Norway. He did it when Loki was going to attack him. He can do same to Wanda. Wanda TK can be greater than Strange's TK but strange has wide variety of powers. He can teleport her in Mariana trench or in space vacuum or in mirror dimension.