Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShadowPro

be real guys, we knew it was a matter of time

Dr Trange from his brand new movie

No Caption Provided

Lord Voldemort

No Caption Provided

first round, no wands, no eye of agamotto or cape, no prep, vic by any mean, in character fight in kamar-taj

second round one week prep, voldemort has his phoenix wand, strange has the cape of levitation fight in london basic knoweldge of their oponents

third round, voldemort owns the elder wand (same as in the play) nagini and his Basilisk, strange has the eye of agamotto, the cape and his sling ring, both got one month prep, vic by ay mean, in character fight in Santum Santorum of NY, movie feats only full knoweldge of their oponent

also, am I the only guy to thought within the first 30 seconds "this is just like the inception movie and manga?" cuz those spells looked a lot like rosario vampire's light tonfa techne

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on who attacks first really.

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on who attacks first really.

do you think his shields could block the killing curse? I mean it took a full blast from dormamu, it should, right?

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange stomps.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowpro: Of course the shield can block it. It only has effect on living things

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowpro: Of course the shield can block it. It only has effect on living things

the killing curse is an unblockable curse, hence why the question, it has nothing to do with living or not

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erm, no. The so-called unblockable curse was unable to penetrate walls and other structures. Strange blocks it ease.

Avatar image for solomonthenotsowise
SolomonTheNotSoWise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Strange wins. He has

an infinity stone

GG no re. Hax wins.etc etc

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Strange both rounds. Especially the first one.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange curbstomps in rounds 1 and 3. He wins in a better fight in round 2

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShadowPro

@leo-343:

The Killing Curse being unblockable is only within the HPverse, outside of it I hardly think that rule applies, especially considering Strange's shields have stood up to blasts from Dormammu.

that is by far the stupidest thing I've ever read, the only thing supporting the argument is the fact it took a blast from dormamu as I said, but to say that his magic rules don't apply to strange for being fromother universe, with that logic you can also say that non of their powers can hurt the other because thei're from different worlds

@gxrevs06:

Erm, no. The so-called unblockable curse was unable to penetrate walls and other structures. Strange blocks it ease.

it is unblocable by spell,genius, just like any spells that strange can cast if you hide behind a wall, it will hit what stands bwtween you

@solomonthenotsowise:

Strange wins. He has

an infinity stone

GG no re. Hax wins.etc etc

having an infinity stone is no automatic win, that is not going to stop him from being mindcotrolled or possesed by voldemort, not to mention he isn't more hax than stephen, he is still an apprentice tom is a master of dark arts

@jayskee:

Strange both rounds. Especially the first one.

@cregan_stark:

Strange curbstomps in rounds 1 and 3. He wins in a better fight in round 2

the first one? due to what? lack of experience? how is he going to prevent tom for using the crucciatus curse on him if he can't even scape? or stop him from tranfigurating him into a rat or simply prevent the instant death by the stare of the basilisk?

I want to make note that I'm not taking voldemort's part, just pointing out how non of you is giving me any argument as to why strange could win. So far I think any of them could win, but non of you is giving me any reason to lean for strange

DeadStrike007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Strange? Not enough feats to compare him to Voldemort, who has 7 books and 8 movies of feats to go off of. Even though it shows nothing towards what he can dish out damage wise, i think it should be noted that Riddle broke his soul apart into 7 different pieces, which was considered impossible to do more than once in HP lore.

Avatar image for naturallygifted
NaturallyGifted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NaturallyGifted

@gxrevs06 said:

the term "unblockable" in this context means that no magical shield can block the curse.

The only known counter-spell is sacrificial protection, which uses the magic of love. However, one may dodge the green bolt, block it with a physical barrier or by the use of Priori Incantatem. The Killing Curse is an "unblockable" curse, thus Shield Charms won't defend against it. An explosion or green fire may result if the spell hits something other than a living target.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@shadowpro: A few things here. First, the killing curse is unblcokable with shield charms and such but Dumbledore was able to easily block Voldemort's curses by simply transfiguring statues. Meaning that solid objects can block the curse. We've seen from Strange that his shields are very much tanglible and able to block powerful attacks. It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility to assume that they could block a killing curse.

As for your question about round 1. There are no wands. The way I read it, there's basically no magic and it's hand to hand where Strange is a trained hand to hand combatant while Voldemort is not. That equates to a curbstomp

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowpro: A few things here. First, the killing curse is unblcokable with shield charms and such but Dumbledore was able to easily block Voldemort's curses by simply transfiguring statues. Meaning that solid objects can block the curse. We've seen from Strange that his shields are very much tanglible and able to block powerful attacks. It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility to assume that they could block a killing curse.

As for your question about round 1. There are no wands. The way I read it, there's basically no magic and it's hand to hand where Strange is a trained hand to hand combatant while Voldemort is not. That equates to a curbstomp

first of all, strange can't use animated statues in combat, can he? and secondly, that's no different from what I said, if you hide beneath something what will "die" logically is what stands bwteen you and the curse, but a magic shield is useless His shields may be tangible but so is the shield charm protego, and bith are magical in nature. And no, I'm not assuming is not possible, in fact I believe there is chance it does,

ok, need I remind you all, that all powerfull wizards in the wizarding world can use wandless magic? that mean that voldemort has no need to use his fist, he can easily use a crucio without even saying a word or using mind attacks

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@shadowpro: I never said that Strange would transfigured anything.....

Shield charm certainly isn't tangible, it's purely for blocking spells. It's not the same as an actual shield which can be conjured and block spells.

Wizards don't have great control over their magic without a wand and never have we seen anyone actually use spells like that without a wand. Voldemort could set something on fire in the movie, Harry pulled a few things off too sigh as growing his hair back and accidentally aparating but that's the extent.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Dr.Strange wins only because can't he just put Voldemort into the Mirror Dimension and be done with it?

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShadowPro

@cregan_stark: the shield charms isn't only for spells isit can block people and physical weapons as well even deflect punches

you're thinking of an average teen wizard, voldemort is a master of wordless and wandless magic, he only uses his wand for most powerful curses as the killing curse, hell there is even a whole continent (africa) that uses wandless magic and you come to say wizars don't have great contol over their magic without their wands?!

he deflected an expelliarmus aimed straight to his face with only his hand, used the crucio curse with only his finger and he could transfigure his cloack to strangling.. thing that looks like slenderman, as well as cast bolts of dark energy from his hands (and there is nothing to suggest he used his wand for that)

I think Dr.Strange wins only because can't he just put Voldemort into the Mirror Dimension and be done with it?

that might work on the first round, but on the second and third with prep and knoweldge he would be able to prevent it, by, say, mentally attacking him first or possesing him before leaving him trapped

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Strange stomps.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange wins.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowpro: I'm currently on book 6 of a re-read of the series. So far there are zero instances of a shield charm blocking a physicals blow, in fact the book explicitly states that the charm is ONLY for MINOR spells.

Also there are zero instances of Voldemort doing actual spells without a wand. I'm speaking specifically of book feats.

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ShadowPro

@angryhulks: great, so he has to cast the gravestone charm to protect himself, simple as that! Gravestone is not a spell, you dolt!

@cregan_stark said:

@shadowpro: I'm currently on book 6 of a re-read of the series. So far there are zero instances of a shield charm blocking a physicals blow, in fact the book explicitly states that the charm is ONLY for MINOR spells.

Also there are zero instances of Voldemort doing actual spells without a wand. I'm speaking specifically of book feats.

first of all, read, book seven, harry uses the charm to protect ron from hermione hitting him (I think she wanted to hit him, I remember he casted it between them), secondly I said movie verison, and in the movie we can see umbridge using the shield charm to block arrows from the centaurs, and as I said, it is the movie version only, but even though:

Voldemort raised one of his long white fingers and put it very close to Harry's cheek.

"His mother left upon him the traces other sacrifice....This is old magic, I should have remembered it, I was foolish to overlook it...but no matter. I can touch him now."

Harry felt the cold tip of the long white finger touch him, and thought his head would burst with the pain. Voldemort laughed softly in his ear, then took the finger away and continued addressing the Death Eaters.

- Taken From: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

not to be rude, but maybe you're not reading it right

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix said:

that might work on the first round, but on the second and third with prep and knoweldge he would be able to prevent it, by, say, mentally attacking him first or possesing him before leaving him trapped

Voldymort has mental attacks?! What!?.......

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShadowPro

Voldymort has mental attacks?! What!?.......

it's called legilimency, he can mentally torture anyone and even posses poeple as he reads their minds, in fact he could as welll learn all his tricks that way

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort should win here except for the third E round of time manipulation is allowed.

Voldemort is too versatile for strange, with attacks that could bypass Strange's shielding.

I'd say mirror dimension would work, but Vold could tele out of it.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33 morpheus_  Moderator

Someone here has read far too many Superior Spider-Man issues.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange BFRs him to the mirror dimension

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AVAADA KEDAVAAAH

Pimonster31415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the cloak of levitation would block avada kedavra, no need for shields

Avatar image for deathwingterminatort1000
DeathWingTerminatorT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally think Dr Strange could block an Avada Kedavra. Purely because the system of magic in HP is a closed system where spells predictably effect each other, but Dr Strange's magic is completely different. Clearly physical things like walls can block the killing curse, so Dr Strange could use his matter manipulation to perhaps put up a physical barrier like Earth. Although of course he would have to be aware that the curse is unblock-able so it would require prep. Or he could teleport out of the way, but yet again, who knows whether he would just try to put up an energy shield, which of course would not work. Ok this is how I think it would go down

R1: Doctor Strange wins. Voldemort has been shown to have powers even without his wand, but they are rather unclear and wishy-washy. I don't think he could match Dr Strange without a wand.

R2: Voldemort wins for sure if Strange has no clue about Avada Kedavra, as he won't try to block it with physical matter or avoid it. I assume that basic knowledge means that Doctor strange will be aware of the curse. Although, now I think about it, I'm not sure how Strange will deal with Voldemort's apparition, as he could just teleport behind Dr Strange and Avada Kedavra him before he could do anything (remember Voldemort can cast the spell instantly as he is powerful enough to to wordless spells.) I also don't know if Strange could repel a mind attack from Voldemort, sure, he'd know about oclumency because of the prep, but mastering it takes months, especially to defend against someone as powerful as Voldemort.

R3: Difficult to say. Depends pretty much entirely on whether Voldemorts teleportation can escape the mirror dimension. I would say it probably could. And could he even be banished there if he's in his wraith form? Probably not. I think Voldey takes this one also.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the cloak of levitation would block avada kedavra, no need for shields

Beat me to it. The cloak nullifies that entire threat.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

The Killing Curse being unblockable is only within the HPverse, outside of it I hardly think that rule applies, especially considering Strange's shields have stood up to blasts from Dormammu.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@shadowpro: You have no idea what spell was used. You're simply making assumptions.

Furthermore, book readers like myself hold the books in higher regard and almost always debate using book feats.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort stomps

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AVAADA KEDAVAAAH

...gets blocked by Strange's shields

The_Valeyard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange all rounds. R3 is an utter God-Stomp

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ShadowPro

@gxrevs06: assuming it doesn't flicker

@cregan_stark: right, I forgot there is ANOTHER speell to corture people

@pimonster31415: how could the cloack of levitation ever block the killing cvurse?! even if it does, it would die right away

@the_valeyard: yes, it does, they use sings and gestures instead of wands, which offers a more powerful magic (killing curse, disarming charms) only america, europe, use wands for obvious reasons, that is something that comes from european lore, and asians who adopted them

ridd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whoa i havent watched the movie but was he that good to beat voldemorte?

or is it just the typical hype drama?

Avatar image for thunderstorm_23
Thunderstorm_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Thunderstorm_23

Round 1

Strange, he doesn't need a wand he can conjure whips and shields, I don't actually remember Voldemort (movies) using magic without a wand. So Strange takes it.

Round 2

Due to prep and basic knowledge I say Strange goes for BFR instantly or takes it to the astral plane and just kills him there (I'm pretty sure the astral plane has affect on the real world, even if it doesn't he just stays there and waits voldemort out and comes up with a plan)

Round 3

This is difficult because Strange with the eye does mean time loop, rewinding time, and that is going to mean some huge problems for voldemort but Voldemort with the elder wand was madly powerful and he may act before Strange uses the eye. Then again even though Voldemort has crazy power its difficult to believe that his hexes would obliterate Stranges shields that stood against Dorammu (even if it was for limited amounts of time) whose destroyed worlds, Voldemort hasn't destroyed worlds, but with that said its not like Strange defeated Dormamu so for round 3 I'm really not sure at all.

Avatar image for darkprimesovereign
DarkPrimeSovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

R1: Strange

R2: Strange

R3: Vold barely

stationboxz

Forum Posts