Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ProfessorRespect

If they lose Magik and Hope (both anti-magic options) it's basically a wrap. No one here can handle Strange's multitasking and mystic hax and Doom is his own bag of problems.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Andromeda1001

@professorrespect: It's been heavily implied that Maker is going to use Magik as a counter to Strange in the Ultimate Invasion run by Hickman. If is canon Magik, we don't know yet.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001:

Is it canon Strange too? Seems a little lame to have Magik counter Strange like that when he’s not depowered like in AvX.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:

@andromeda1001:

Is it canon Strange too? Seems a little lame to have Magik counter Strange like that when he’s not depowered like in AvX.

Yea, it is. The Illuminati is going to fight a team assembled by the Maker, and Magik seems to be the one to counter Strange. Now, Maker could've pulled a Magik from another reality, we don't know that yet.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001:

That could be better if it’s an alt verse Magik then, more of a showing for her then a low one for Strange. Current Magik doesn’t seem good enough to pull something like that off.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: Indeed, but since the Ultimateverse doesn't have their own Magik, I wonder from what reality the Maker will bring her in.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001:

Couldn‘t she still be from the Ultimate Verse if she hasn’t been established in it?

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:

@andromeda1001:

Couldn‘t she still be from the Ultimate Verse if she hasn’t been established in it?

Hickman would need to either come up with a whole backstory to explain why she didn't appear until then or make her some sort of new creation from Maker, but yes, it could be.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001:

Movies do stuff like that all the time with their comic book stuff, I wouldn’t be too surprised. It would seem less like an Ultimate Invasion too if Maker is using non-Ultimate characters.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: Hmmm, I guess so.

Makes more sense than having a Magik from some completely unrelated universe.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: By the way, have you seen the preview of Clobberin’ Time#3? Strange seemingly one-shotted a being that was apparently non-selling Ben/Thing's blows:

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001:

I knew Strange was going to star but haven’t seen the preview yet. It’s a very good telefragging feat but not a raw AP unfortunately. Strange did it unintentionally and wouldn’t fI something like that in-character. Hopefully he gets more showings tho.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: Yea, I know Strange will also fight against the Soulworld with Adam in the latter's solo run. Hope either of them gives some cool showings and all, lol.

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15 MaulSmacker  Online

Strange and Doom.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001: Where can i see these thingies about the team the Maker is pitting against the illuminati

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992:It's in the solicitations from July and August. As well in the articles from Marvel's own website.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cosmic_reign

If Extinction Team doesn't somehow blitz off the jump(pychic or physical), I'd lean towards Team 1. Even with basic knowledge, Doom would likely know who to neutralize 1st.

NovaPrime2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duo win in a good fight.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Andromeda1001
BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001: Damn. He might build up to something for what its worth.

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team.

What has either of the duo currently done to suggest they can win a 2v9 against this team. Some of the members would would give either of the duo a good fight 1v1. With this much support, Magik should beat Strange.

Doom gets absolutely bodied, any 4 members of the team could take on Doom with low-mid difficulty. That leaves the other 4 to back up Magik.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Doom gets absolutely bodied, any 4 members of the team

So:

Danger

Magik

Cyclops

Emma Frost

would "body" Doom? Don't be silly. A singular Doombot cleared the entire Uncanny X-Men.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby:
Cool, I haven't seen it yet, thanks for sharing.

I like the idea of Strange and Dormammu having a "Parley Day" lol. Should be interesting to see how that goes.

I saw it. Apparently, there will be no direct fights, according to Jed himself:

Shame.

Dormammu could still get good feats or scaling tho. Also, I think the "open battle" thing relates mostly to Strange and not necessarily any other forces that may potentially be in the story.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, OT:

Everyone here is basically fodder to Strange/Doom.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Andromeda1001

@wastelandman: Dormammu could still get good feats or scaling tho. Also, I think the "open battle" thing relates mostly to Strange and not necessarily any other forces that may potentially be in the story.

Eh, I got my doubts. As I said once, I'm not trustful of Jed.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: Dormammu could still get good feats or scaling tho. Also, I think the "open battle" thing relates mostly to Strange and not necessarily any other forces that may potentially be in the story.

Eh, I got my doubts. As I said once, I'm not trustful of Jed.

Why are you so mistrustful of Jed? He hasn't seem to have written any of Strange's character underpowered so far, I don't think.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:

Why are you so mistrustful of Jed? He hasn't seem to have written any of Strange's character underpowered so far, I don't think.

I think his Umar was a little underwhelming, for example. Besides, Jed has this terrible tendency to hype up certain events, and they turn out to be nothing in the end.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Andromeda1001

@wastelandman: They could've chosen so much better writers for Strange, too.

Dan Slott, Al Ewing, Greg Pak, Gerry Duggan, or just bring back Mark Waid. Heck, Hickman himself also seems to like to write Strange, based on his GODS stuff.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WastelandMan
@andromeda1001 said:

@wastelandman said:

I think his Umar was a little underwhelming, for example. Besides, Jed has this terrible tendency to hype up certain events, and they turn out to be nothing in the end.

Yeah, Umar was kind of meh, but all the other characters from Strange's mythos seems to have been handled well in both portrayal and feats. Just look at Aggamon who got hyped/scaled to current Strange/Clea.

I agree too, so many better writers could have been chosen, but in the grand scheme of things, I think we could have been stuck with much worse. His series has been at least readable compared to all the other stuff Marvel releases, tbh.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:

Yeah, Umar was kind of meh, but all the other characters from Strange's mythos seems to have been handled well in both portrayal and feats. Just look at Aggamon who got hyped/scaled to current Strange/Clea.

I agree too, so many better writers could have been chosen, but in the grand scheme of things, I think we could have been stuck with much worse. His series has been at least readable compared to all the other stuff Marvel releases, tbh.

Jed made some characters more threatening, but I don't know if is or will translate to all.

I mean, Strange is now a A-List hero thanks to the MCU. I think he deserves the best writers as much as Thor, Hulk, Spider and others of the same tier. Hell, I'd be happy if they brough back frigging Aaron instead of Jed. I guess we can considers ourselves luck that Cates isn't touching Strange again, but that's probably it.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If they lose Magik and Hope (both anti-magic options) it's basically a wrap. No one here can handle Strange's multitasking and mystic hax and Doom is his own bag of problems.

Basically this.

Extinction Team having basic knowledge, plus already pretty good teamwork to begin with, should give them the win for a slight majority. If either Hope or Magik go down, Strange and Doom would win though.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:

Jed made some characters more threatening, but I don't know if is or will translate to all.

I mean, Strange is now a A-List hero thanks to the MCU. I think he deserves the best writers as much as Thor, Hulk, Spider and others of the same tier. Hell, I'd be happy if they brough back frigging Aaron instead of Jed. I guess we can considers ourselves luck that Cates isn't touching Strange again, but that's probably it.

Yeah, that's a good point, despite his increase in popularity it still doesn't feel like Strange is treated the same as the other A-listers. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the new issue turns out.

Still, I feel like you'd change your tune about Jed instantly as soon as he gave Dormammu some multiversal feats, though lol.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001: I get your point about Umar, but she didn't make that large of an appearance in the 2022 run, nor in the Death of Doctor Strange run. Sometimes his endings are underwhelming admittedly, but he does have good plot conflict and scenes that stand out. Let's hope for the best, but I do think Strange will be done justice ngl.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BigBaby

Team One stomps. Magick with a group of sorcerers couldn't do crap to Doom, and Emma's TP is useless against him already. The biggest threats here are Magneto, Hope and Storm who aren't enough to beat someone of Strange's power level.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Andromeda1001

@wastelandman said:

Yeah, that's a good point, despite his increase in popularity it still doesn't feel like Strange is treated the same as the other A-listers. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the new issue turns out.

Still, I feel like you'd change your tune about Jed instantly as soon as he gave Dormammu some multiversal feats, though lol.

Let's do this way then. If Dormammu gets good feats/scaling(Which I doubt it's going to happen), not only will I eat my own words and take back everything I said, but I promise that I'll personally apologize with Jed on his twitter. Seems fair? Lol.

@bigbaby said:

I get your point about Umar, but she didn't make that large of an appearance in the 2022 run, nor in the Death of Doctor Strange run. Sometimes his endings are underwhelming admittedly, but he does have good plot conflict and scenes that stand out. Let's hope for the best, but I do think Strange will be done justice ngl.

That's my problem with most of his writting, though. Jed could've made her shine way more, but instead focused on some convulsed plots that sometimes lead to disappointing endings. Still, I'll wait and see what happens.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: Ngl, Andy's probably gonna win this one against you lol. I don't think he'll get a multiversal statement, but Jed will just give him a vague reference of having unrivaled power, and the general gibberish.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BigBaby

@andromeda1001: Understandable. Let's hope he changes that to some form of degree.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby said:

Team One stomps. Magick with a group of sorcerers couldn't do crap to Doom

What comic is that?

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BigBaby

@skywalker95: Although I will say in that instance Nico was depowered as she did not have her staff, but Voodoo, knowing Dooms invasion couldn't prevent the collateral damage. It was only until Clea came that he retreated, and the implication was that only someone of the sorcerer supremes level could beat him. In spite of that, he was still holding himself against Wolverine, knock off Ghost Rider, and Blade simultaneously, while Magick was present. Pretty solid showing.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Andromeda1001

@bigbaby said:

@wastelandman: Ngl, Andy's probably gonna win this one against you lol. I don't think he'll get a multiversal statement, but Jed will just give him a vague reference of having unrivaled power, and the general gibberish.

It doesn't even need to be a multiversal statement, just something impressive. Yea, I doubt that much about Jed. Lol

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001: I don't think he'll get an impressive statement that's good for scaling yet, but I will say that Jed might give hype to certain characters along the way, even if it's not necessarily Dormy. That's what I think. Wastelandman will probably be wrong rn, but in future prospects, I can see it happening.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001: How would you measure Clea to Strange in terms of skill and raw power?

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Andromeda1001

@bigbaby: I posted this once, which's what Jed has said about this topic in an interview:

No Caption Provided

This means it's possible for Clea to scale from Stephen in nearly every aspect.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BigBaby
BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001:
This thread was pretty interesting:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/ultimate-jean-grey-vs-clea-2288151/

I would say Clea took it when she had both mantles, but as of now, Jean should. Thoughts?

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers