Avatar image for deactivated-59d29c479f1ca
#1 Posted by deactivated-59d29c479f1ca (4067 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Manhattan replaces dormammu in the movie .

#2 Posted by RBT (16677 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Manhattan teleports Strange to Mars and leaves him there.

#3 Posted by The_Red_Viper (10705 posts) - - Show Bio

Time is meaningless to Manhattan. I don't think he can be put in a time-loop.

Avatar image for nemesisreloaded
#4 Posted by NemesisReloaded (1186 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Manhattan replaces dormammu in the movie .

This

#5 Posted by WastelandMan (8269 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhattan does to Strange what he did to Rorschach.

#6 Posted by Contingency (8143 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhattan does to Strange what he did to Rorschach.

#7 Posted by Superhero24 (3885 posts) - - Show Bio

The same thing happens to manhattan. He lets Strange have what he wants. Manhattan sees all parts of his life at the same time, but that doesnt give him control over time. Dormammu himself was beyond time to the point that he didnt even know what time was.

#8 Posted by Contingency (8143 posts) - - Show Bio

The same thing happens to manhattan. He lets Strange have what he wants. Manhattan sees all parts of his life at the same time, but that doesnt give him control over time. Dormammu himself was beyond time to the point that he didnt even know what time was.

Imo no, Manhattan isn't impatient like Dormammu.

Manhattan kills Strange until HE gives up.

#9 Posted by AbelHsu (3540 posts) - - Show Bio

「rorschach death」的圖片搜尋結果

Nuff said.

#10 Edited by mrmonster (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

If Strange still has the time gem, then he stomps. He just puts Dr. Manhattan in a time loop until he agrees to leave him (and Earth as a whole) alone.

#11 Posted by RBT (16677 posts) - - Show Bio

If Strange still has the time gem, then he stomps. He just puts Dr. Manhattan in a time loop until he agrees to leave him (and Earth as a whole) alone.

First, Strange didn't put Dormammu in time loop, he put himself in one. Second, the only reason it worked on Dormammu was because he lived in a timeless dimension. The concept of time was new to him. That's why he was so irritated when Strange came back to life every time he killed him. Assuming he uses the same trick against Manhattan, how is it exactly going to win him the fight here? Manhattan can just stand there while Strange kills himself/dies over and over again. And considering Manhattan can actually see the future, I doubt Strange would even get the chance to do it.

#12 Posted by mrmonster (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:
@mrmonster said:

First, Strange didn't put Dormammu in time loop, he put himself in one. Second, the only reason it worked on Dormammu was because he lived in a timeless dimension. The concept of time was new to him. That's why he was so irritated when Strange came back to life every time he killed him. Assuming he uses the same trick against Manhattan, how is it exactly going to win him the fight here? Manhattan can just stand there while Strange kills himself/dies over and over again. And considering Manhattan can actually see the future, I doubt Strange would even get the chance to do it.

Doctor Strange could still trap him in the mirror dimension. Or reverse time to the point where he no longer has his powers.

#13 Edited by RBT (16677 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:
@mrmonster said:

Doctor Strange could still trap him in the mirror dimension. Or reverse time to the point where he no longer has his powers.

Trap a guy who can teleport from one planet to another with a thought? No. As for reversing time thing, Strange has never turned back time to that level. The best he did was an hour. Going from hour to a few years seem like a huge jump. Again, you're forgetting that Manhattan can see future. Nothing Stephen does is going to take him by surprise.

#14 Posted by mrmonster (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:
@mrmonster said:
@rbt said:
@mrmonster said:

Trap a guy who can teleport from one planet to another with a thought? No. As for reversing time thing, Strange has never turned back time to that level. The best he did was an hour. Going from hour to a few years seem like a huge jump. Again, you're forgetting that Manhattan can see future. Nothing Stephen does is going to take him by surprise.

1. You can't escape the mirror dimension without a magical ring, which Dr. Manhattan does not have.

2. Doctor Manhattan's foresight power has never been very accurate. He failed to predict Ozymandias attacking him with tachyons, so I don't see how he'd perfectly predict Doctor Strange's attacks.

#15 Posted by RBT (16677 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster:

You can't escape the mirror dimension without a magical ring, which Dr. Manhattan does not have.

NLF. The mirror dimension has never trapped someone who can teleport with a thought either. In fact, that's the exact purpose the ring serves. It allows the person to create a portal to teleport out if there.

Doctor Manhattan's foresight power has never been very accurate. He failed to predict Ozymandias attacking him with tachyons, so I don't see how he'd perfectly predict Doctor Strange's attacks.

Fair enough.

#16 Posted by Heatforce (3256 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: Dr. Manhattan's foresight is very accurate unless he loses control of his emotions. Iirc Ozy had Manhattan distracted to the point where he was able to purchase and release the tachyons without raising suspicion. I think it was when Manhattan's ex dropped the cancer bomb on him and he went awol to mars.

#17 Posted by RBT (16677 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: Dr. Manhattan's foresight is very accurate unless he loses control of his emotions. Iirc Ozy had Manhattan distracted to the point where he was able to purchase and release the tachyons without raising suspicion. I think it was when Manhattan's ex dropped the cancer bomb on him and he went awol to mars.

Thanks. Its been a while since I watched the movie.

#18 Edited by thehunter (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhero24: Idk what time it is rn either, doesnt make me beyond time

#19 Posted by The_Red_Viper (10705 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: @rbt: @mrmonster: the tachyons are what blocks Manhattan's foresight. He knew his future only up to the point where he was exposed to them, it has nothing to do with his emotions, I'm not even sure he has emotions anymore. Seeing as Strange doesn't have tachyons, je can't block Manhattan's foresight.

#20 Posted by mrtrickster (2593 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by The_Kidd (8826 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhattan stomps.

#22 Posted by Theanalyser (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange dies if manhattan isn't affected by the time loop

#23 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (2322 posts) - - Show Bio

With time stone strange wins. He makes a loop first and paradoxes manhattan out of existence. Iirc time stone can cause paradoxes.

#24 Posted by OOCMikeyy (302 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange dies if manhattan isn't affected by the time loop

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#25 Posted by plotweapon16255 (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Manhattan stomps.

#26 Posted by Richard96 (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhattan blinks