Dr. Manhattan vs Thanos

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn

Can Thanos defeat Dr. Manhattan if he had 2 days of prep time ?

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Apparition

all i can say is he always has prep time. he's experiencing all points in time at once or something like that. but that doesnt help me in knowing who would win... manhattan didnt do enough for me to be able to decide.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Resonate

I think Manhattan would win mainly because he's God, lol

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn

I dont know Thanos could probably cook up something in a couple of days that might work

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Apparition

i have no idea cause manhattan never really did anything in the watchmen. so i have no idea whether he could take on thanos.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lordraiden

King Saturn says:

"Can Thanos defeat Dr. Manhattan if he had 2 days of prep time ?"

With prep? are you kidding, thanos can take down anyone with prep! if it's just a battle with no prep, he generally does well, but with prep, manhatten becomes his own little herald just like the fallen one!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn

Dang. I almost have as many posts as you lordraiden. LOL

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Thanos, he has two days, that is enough.

Golem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Golem

Manhattan in a CURBSTOMP. His power is unlimited, he could think Thanos away.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lordraiden

King Saturn says:

"Dang. I almost have as many posts as you lordraiden. LOL"

Tell me about it! slow down there, your making me look bad lol

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lordraiden

Golem says:

"Manhattan in a CURBSTOMP. His power is unlimited, he could think Thanos away."

With 2 days prep, are you seriouse? thanos has taken down higher beings than manhatten with prep! without prep, then yeah, I could believe that, but thanos walking into a battle with prep, forget about the other guy, wouldn't wanna be in there shoes!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn

lordraiden says:

"Golem says:
"Manhattan in a CURBSTOMP. His power is unlimited, he could think Thanos away."
With 2 days prep, are you seriouse? thanos has taken down higher beings than manhatten with prep! without prep, then yeah, I could believe that, but thanos walking into a battle with prep, forget about the other guy, wouldn't wanna be in there shoes!"

True that

Golem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Golem

Any amount of prep is ineffective, unless he has a weapon that can instantly kill Manhatten faster than the speed of thought. Curbstomp.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King_Saturn

Golem says:

"Any amount of prep is ineffective, unless he has a weapon that can instantly kill Manhatten faster than the speed of thought. Curbstomp."

The Infinity Gauntlet or the Heart of the Universe should be able to take Manhattan out. Thats if Thanos had it

HalJordan1986x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HalJordan1986x

In a random fight Thanos gets housed
With Prep time Dr probably goes down

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MKF30

Dr. M.
Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ownerz
Thanos stomps with ease, no prep needed
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By King_Saturn
@Ownerz said:
"
Thanos stomps with ease, no prep needed
"
Thanos wont win with ease... 
glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By glforthewin

thanos would win win after a pretty tough battle.  

unless he unleashes a bunch of tachyons 

Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ownerz

@King Saturn said:

" Thanos wont win with ease...  "

with ease and Dr M is an over rated joke 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By King_Saturn
@Ownerz said:
"  @King Saturn said:

with ease and Dr M is an over rated joke  "
what makes Doctor Manhattan overrated ? 
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Satyrquaze

Thanos would need loads of prep to come out on top here.
Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Psyker star
@King Saturn said:
" @Ownerz said:
"  @King Saturn said:

with ease and Dr M is an over rated joke  "
what makes Doctor Manhattan overrated ?  "
People who say he is in the same power class of Silver Surfer or any one with the uni power
Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ownerz
@King Saturn said:

" what makes Doctor Manhattan overrated ?  "

The thread I bumped, you thought Dr M could beat the Phoenix Force, I also saw a thread of him against  
COIE Anti-Monitor or Parallax and even against Beyonder for crying out loud

*facepalm*

He is totally over rated thanks to these kinds of threads some of which were created by you King

I don't even put him at Firestorm's level
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CAPiTA

Thanos stomps with or without prep. Dr. M's matter manipulation is nothing compared to Surfer's. neither are his speed, durability, strength, and intelligence. that being said, Thanos hands Surfer his ass on a regular basis. Dr. M has no chance.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By King_Saturn
@Ownerz said:
" @King Saturn said:

" what makes Doctor Manhattan overrated ?  "

The thread I bumped, you thought Dr M could beat the Phoenix Force, I also saw a thread of him against   COIE Anti-Monitor or Parallax and even against Beyonder for crying out loud  *facepalm*  He is totally over rated thanks to these kinds of threads some of which were created by you King  I don't even put him at Firestorm's level "
that thread was old as hell for one... and its possible he could beat the Phoenix Force based on the fact beings on similar powers has actually defeated the Phoenix Force... 
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MKF30

If anything Thanos is at times overrated, but I agree with King Dr. M isn't overrated just flat out "hated" on here for dumb reasons much like Superman is at times I've noticed...
Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Perfect Cell

I doubt that Manhattan is Glactus level.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hellos

Silver Surfer-lite gets owned badly. 

Honestly his best feats are minor ones for Norrin the guy who gets beat on constantly by Thanos. 

Holy crap he has 2 days of prep, didn't even see that. Thanos will rape poor Manhattan with prep.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FLCL1

dr.m is pretty smart himself 
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hellos
@FLCL1 said:

"dr.m is pretty smart himself  "

Nothing overall too impressive. The guy takes down the Silver Surfer, Thor, ext goes toe to toe with Tyrant, hell even having the testicular fortitude to take on the World Devourer, the Big G. 
Manhattan's only real hope I imagine would be battlefield removal, he won't be blowing up Thanos, or anything like that. If he can beat the Silver Surfer with ease, he can take down Silver Surfer-lite. 

Thats not even considering the two days of prep, which makes it a free win. 

@Methos said:
" @Hellos said:
even having the testicular fortitude to take on the World Devourer, the Big G.
 that is possibly the single greatest comment ever made about Thanos lol  M "

Awsome :D
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By Methos
@Hellos said:
even having the testicular fortitude to take on the World Devourer, the Big G.

that is possibly the single greatest comment ever made about Thanos lol

M
Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Perfect Cell
@FLCL1 said:
" dr.m is pretty smart himself  "
He's smart with knowledge, but he's not very calculable with real-time battle strategy and cunningness. He even lacks the emotion of ambition, which fuels Thanos winning streak throughout Marvel's history. So if you add it all up, Thanos wins only if he doesn't want to.
BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BIackFlash
@King Saturn said:
"

Can Thanos defeat Dr. Manhattan...

"
Yes

@King Saturn said:
"

...if he had 2 days of prep time ?

"

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By castleking

umm... thanos used his testicular fortitude to not only try to take on G but also seduce and attempted rape him

bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bumnut

Thanos, easily would manipulate and end up owing Dr M! Dr M hasn't even proven himself to be above SS, who gets the low down on his sorry #@$ every time he goes up against the mad titan.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By King_Saturn
@bumnut said:
"
Thanos, easily would manipulate and end up owing Dr M! Dr M hasn't even proven himself to be above SS, who gets the low down on his sorry #@$ every time he goes up against the mad titan. "
at the same time though... Doc Manhattan hasnt really had the opportunity to fight higher competition to really say he has a limit to his power... 
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hellos
@King Saturn said:
"@bumnut said:

Thanos, easily would manipulate and end up owing Dr M! Dr M hasn't even proven himself to be above SS, who gets the low down on his sorry #@$ every time he goes up against the mad titan. "
at the same time though... Doc Manhattan hasnt really had the opportunity to fight higher competition to really say he has a limit to his power...  "

And he never will :D 

Right now all we have on Manhattan is him blowing up normal people, and pulling off feats the surfer does with his eyes closed, nothing overall too impressive for characters in the MU.  
Him fearing he cannot stop a few nukes from the USSR, or heal the cancer of his former significant other right off the bat doesn't help his case. 
He hasn't been able to prove himself in Norrin's league, who gets trashed by Thanos consistantly. 
Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bio Guyver

DM
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By King_Saturn
@Hellos said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@bumnut said:

at the same time though... Doc Manhattan hasnt really had the opportunity to fight higher competition to really say he has a limit to his power...  "
And he never will :D  Right now all we have on Manhattan is him blowing up normal people, and pulling off feats the surfer does with his eyes closed, nothing overall too impressive for characters in the MU.  Him fearing he cannot stop a few nukes from the USSR, or heal the cancer of his former significant other right off the bat doesn't help his case. He hasn't been able to prove himself in Norrin's league, who gets trashed by Thanos consistantly.  "
fearing something... and actually being unable to do something are two different things... it doesnt mean he doesnt have the power to stop the nukes...
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hellos
@King Saturn said:
"@Hellos said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@bumnut said:

And he never will :D  Right now all we have on Manhattan is him blowing up normal people, and pulling off feats the surfer does with his eyes closed, nothing overall too impressive for characters in the MU.  Him fearing he cannot stop a few nukes from the USSR, or heal the cancer of his former significant other right off the bat doesn't help his case. He hasn't been able to prove himself in Norrin's league, who gets trashed by Thanos consistantly.  "
fearing something... and actually being unable to do something are two different things... it doesnt mean he doesnt have the power to stop the nukes... "

I am sure he has the power to stop quite a few of them after they are launched, but him actually fearing he can't do something the surfer could do from orbit with the PC, or simply individually destroy them before they are even launched doesn't help his case. 

We haven't seen Manhattan's full potential, but from what we have seen he doesn't win this fight. Namely why I gave him the name Silver Surfer-lite, hasn't even proved himself in Norrin's league, and never will have the opportunity to do so. All we have to measure him by is a bunch of humans who consider him godly, and what he did in watchman, thats not close to enough to have me say he can put down Thanos, let alone a Thanos with 2 days of prep.
Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Superparody
@Ownerz:
Hmm Dr.M is not that overrated he just doesnt have the feats.. to put him up to scale with the heavy hitters like galactus... I kinda wish that there was a Dr.M comic series telling of his travels to different univers and Galaxy's. 

But dont forget... getting disintergrated then putting yourself back togather piece by peice, all while learning how the universe ticks and how every thing in this world fits togather 
that is a pretty good feat
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By King_Saturn
@Hellos said:
" @King Saturn said:
"fearing something... and actually being unable to do something are two different things... it doesnt mean he doesnt have the power to stop the nukes... "
I am sure he has the power to stop quite a few of them after they are launched, but him actually fearing he can't do something the surfer could do from orbit with the PC, or simply individually destroy them before they are even launched doesn't help his case.  We haven't seen Manhattan's full potential, but from what we have seen he doesn't win this fight. Namely why I gave him the name Silver Surfer-lite, hasn't even proved himself in Norrin's league, and never will have the opportunity to do so. All we have to measure him by is a bunch of humans who consider him godly, and what he did in watchman, thats not close to enough to have me say he can put down Thanos, let alone a Thanos with 2 days of prep. "

but this doesnt answer the original question... you are still putting a cap on Manhattan's power based on that fact he hasnt been able to test his power against higher competition... which isnt totally fair since there wasnt anyone for him to fight of the SS level during the arc... 
Lord-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lord-Prime

Thanos

zachyhavik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By zachyhavik

The doctor!
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FLCL1
@King Saturn said:
"@bumnut said:
"

i agree
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CAPiTA
@King Saturn said:

" @Hellos said:

" @King Saturn said:
"fearing something... and actually being unable to do something are two different things... it doesnt mean he doesnt have the power to stop the nukes... "
I am sure he has the power to stop quite a few of them after they are launched, but him actually fearing he can't do something the surfer could do from orbit with the PC, or simply individually destroy them before they are even launched doesn't help his case.  We haven't seen Manhattan's full potential, but from what we have seen he doesn't win this fight. Namely why I gave him the name Silver Surfer-lite, hasn't even proved himself in Norrin's league, and never will have the opportunity to do so. All we have to measure him by is a bunch of humans who consider him godly, and what he did in watchman, thats not close to enough to have me say he can put down Thanos, let alone a Thanos with 2 days of prep. "

but this doesnt answer the original question... you are still putting a cap on Manhattan's power based on that fact he hasnt been able to test his power against higher competition... which isnt totally fair since there wasnt anyone for him to fight of the SS level during the arc...  "
doesn't matter. we go by on-panel or on-screen feats. Manhattan, himself, states his own limitations. of the limitations he says he is incapable of doing, Surfer can quite easily. going by this alone, we can presume Manhattan is less powerful than Surfer, in which case, he loses badly to Thanos, with or without prep.
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CAPiTA
@RaDicalCannibal said:
" Doc gets raped..........two times. "
not a pretty image, especially with the nudity he already displays...

*shudders*
Avatar image for radicalcannibal
RaDicalCannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RaDicalCannibal
@CAPiTA said:
" @RaDicalCannibal said:
" Doc gets raped..........two times. "
not a pretty image, especially with the nudity he already displays...  *shudders* "
Oh jesus you just had to bring that up! i am trying hard to forget the fact that Manhattan is a nudist 0__0

=D