MrPuertillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By MrPuertillo

No one read my post /:

We don't know if his molecular structure changes when he is exposed to kryptonite. I mean, he is been pierced before when exposed to kryptonite, if we don't know what process Superman undergoes, we can't say he is more durable than a tank (Molecular speaking)

We all know his powers come from the sun.

It's clear the Bruce molecular bonds increase dramatically as The Hulk(Transformation), but we can't say that Superman transforms, besides his eyes changing color sometimes.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wyldsong: but wasn't that when he was new to his powers? Maybe he got stronger.

Lt_Smash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303  Edited By Lt_Smash

this isnt really a fair fight but that could be said for the majority of people that dr. Manhattan would fight

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#304  Edited By Wyldsong

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

@Wyldsong: but wasn't that when he was new to his powers? Maybe he got stronger.

And as I have always said of Manhattan, there just isn't enough information to know if this is the case. If he is someone who is living every moment of his life in the same instant -- as he himself states he is -- is there truly such as thing as getting stronger? Until then, it's the only information we have, and there is nothing to prove he was any weaker or stronger at that point than he was later in the series. I do have to say that movie Manhattan was far more impressive in dealing with the tank. It's never discussed in the series if he get's stronger or more practiced with time -- he just kind of is, and does his thing after the first intrinsic field removal. The only hint you have of an increase in ability of any sort is when he reforms himself from the second intrinsic field removal -- it would seem to be a no-brainer since the first accident gave him his powers so a second removal should prove no issue after he already has his powers, but it does nothing to prove an increase in destructive power -- it just proves he can restructure himself from intrinsic field removal faster.

As a debatable point, it is something we can see and look to. Anything else is speculation, which is fine, but there is no proof back it up in the rest of the Watchmen series.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By Wyldsong

@Lt_Smash said:

this isnt really a fair fight but that could be said for the majority of people that dr. Manhattan would fight

Just out of curiosity, and I am not going to slam you either way...are you stating it is not fair due to the perceived power level of Manhattan, or because of his lack of showings/feats to actually prove anything with him?

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306  Edited By Enemybird

Manhattan... Disintegrates him

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By Wyldsong

@Enemybird said:

Proof? I can pull out the tank scan again=)

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By Enemybird

@Wyldsong said:

@Enemybird said:

Proof of what? that Manhattan has Matter manipulation abilities? I thought that was common knowledge

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By Wyldsong

@Enemybird said:

@Wyldsong said:

@Enemybird said:

Proof of what? that Manhattan has Matter manipulation abilities? I thought that was common knowledge

Proof that something more durable than a human, Superman, won't pose the same problems as the tank, since we have scans of Supes resisting having his molecules messed with, and the tank didn't go the way of the baseline human as shown on the page previous -- making it look like the durability of the subject plays a part. Manhattan's powers honestly have too many holes, but it is what it is. I blame Alan Moore=P

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By Enemybird

@Wyldsong said:

@Enemybird said:

@Wyldsong said:

@Enemybird said:

Proof that something more durable than a human, Superman, won't pose the same problems as the tank, since we have scans of Supes resisting having his molecules messed with, and the tank didn't go the way of the baseline human as shown on the page previous -- making it look like the durability of the subject plays a part. Manhattan's powers honestly have too many holes, but it is what it is. I blame Alan Moore=P

How do you know it wasn't the inorganic composition of the tank that gave Manhattan problems? or the fact that its mostly metal? What makes you so sure durability had anything to do with it?

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311  Edited By Wyldsong

@Enemybird said:

@Wyldsong said:

@Enemybird said:

@Wyldsong said:

@Enemybird said:

How do you know it wasn't the inorganic composition of the tank that gave Manhattan problems? or the fact that its mostly metal? What makes you so sure durability had anything to do with it?

Can you prove otherwise? Because I can show you him having problems with something more durable than a baseline human. And while we are at it, can you prove Superman's particular composition wouldn't cause him problems over a baseline human, seeing as how he has already resisted having his molecules messed with and is an alien?

Hey, not trying to down you, but just playing the devil's advocate card to those who play the disintegration card. Like I said, too many holes in his powerset, and not enough detail. Blame Moore.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#312  Edited By majestic99

The cosmic, all knowing, blue guy wins in an effortless murderstomp.

m99

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wyldsong: but his attack would definitively harm supes and there is nothing Superman can do to harm him

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majestic99: is it fair to call him all knowing? He himself stated he wasn't a God. He just knows his future, if he was omniscience he would be unbeatable.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By Wyldsong

@majestic99: is it fair to call him all knowing? He himself stated he wasn't a God. He just knows his future, if he was omniscience he would be unbeatable.

He lives all moments in his life at once by his words, and can't change things and even that ability can be blocked. He doesn't show knowledge of things outside of his life (like he didn't know what Ozy was up to before putting his plans into motion, that a friend had cancer, and so on). So, all knowing, I agree is stretching it.

@Wyldsong: but his attack would definitively harm supes and there is nothing Superman can do to harm him

Proof? Because we have seen Superman resist molecular attacks, and tanks cause him problems. As well, proof that attacks that don't remove intrinsic fields won't harm him (because we have only ever seen get attacked with and come back from intrinsic field removal) and that he can't be knocked out? He can phase, but can he phase fast enough to avoid getting tagged by someone of Superman's speed? Now, due to the rarity of Superman speedblitzing, I've already stated it isn't likely, but still possible until proven otherwise.

I see a lot of statements being made, but little proof to back it. If we want to speculate, fine, but it is hardly proof. I'll save you the trouble though, the proof doesn't currently exist, because a lot of it is sorely under explained -- as I have said, holes in his powerset.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By Enemybird

@Wyldsong said:

@Enemybird said:

@Wyldsong said:

@Enemybird said:

@Wyldsong said:

@Enemybird said:

Can you prove otherwise? Because I can show you him having problems with something more durable than a baseline human. And while we are at it, can you prove Superman's particular composition wouldn't cause him problems over a baseline human, seeing as how he has already resisted having his molecules messed with and is an alien?

Hey, not trying to down you, but just playing the devil's advocate card to those who play the disintegration card. Like I said, too many holes in his powerset, and not enough detail. Blame Moore.

The burden of proof isnt on me its on you! Your trying to prove that Manhattan, a being who has never shown any limits to altering matter cant harm superman...and so far you haven't been able to prove that. He had trouble dismantling a tank but that doesn't mean he cant kill superman...especially because there is no relationship between superman and a tank. If this were black Adam i would be willing to believe mahattan cant harm him because the origin of his powers are magical. Superman isnt resistant to matter manipulation... as I recall seeing a scan where he was actually quite susceptible. Manhattan wins

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By Wyldsong

@Enemybird said:

@Wyldsong said:

@Enemybird said:

@Wyldsong said:

@Enemybird said:

@Wyldsong said:

@Enemybird said:

The burden of proof isnt on me its on you! Your trying to prove that Manhattan, a being who has never shown any limits to altering matter cant harm superman...and so far you haven't been able to prove that. He had trouble dismantling a tank but that doesn't mean he cant kill superman...especially because there is no relationship between superman and a tank. If this were black Adam i would be willing to believe mahattan cant harm him because the origin of his powers are magical. Superman isnt resistant to matter manipulation... as I recall seeing a scan where he was actually quite susceptible. Manhattan wins

I already gave you evidence, which is more than you have given me. Tanks cause problems and Supes has resisted molecular attacks as per the page prior (I already posted the scans) -- tanks are more durable than humans, as is Superman -- there is your connection. Now prove your points. If you want to continue to speculate, go on, but it is not proof my friend. I asked you to counter my points and prove otherwise, so yes, you have the burden of proof.

And yes, he did show limits -- look at the tank -- especially if you want to speculate the metals might have given him problems.

You want to try and turn it on me, it just proves my points further -- there is not enough intel on Manhattan to argue properly.

Please don't bother responding if you can't show me Manhattan taking down something more durable than a tank, or can prove the inorganic composition of the tank caused problems and so on. Just rock on with your belief that he can and move on.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By Wyldsong

@Wyldsong said:

He lives all moments in his life at once by his words, and can't change things and even that ability can be blocked. He doesn't show knowledge of things outside of his life (like he didn't know what Ozy was up to before putting his plans into motion, that a friend had cancer, and so on). So, all knowing, I agree is stretching it.

Proof? Because we have seen Superman resist molecular attacks, and tanks cause him problems. As well, proof that attacks that don't remove intrinsic fields won't harm him (because we have only ever seen get attacked with and come back from intrinsic field removal) and that he can't be knocked out? He can phase, but can he phase fast enough to avoid getting tagged by someone of Superman's speed? Now, due to the rarity of Superman speedblitzing, I've already stated it isn't likely, but still possible until proven otherwise.

I see a lot of statements being made, but little proof to back it. If we want to speculate, fine, but it is hardly proof. I'll save you the trouble though, the proof doesn't currently exist, because a lot of it is sorely under explained -- as I have said, holes in his powerset.

Seriously, and no offense -- I like proof, not speculation. So let's just move on my friend, because without proof, I find little use in continuing on, and the proof doesn't exist yet. Maybe when Before Watchmen is released we'll have something more solid.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By Enemybird

@Wyldsong said:

@Enemybird said:

@Wyldsong said:

@Enemybird said:

@Wyldsong said:

@Enemybird said:

@Wyldsong said:

@Enemybird said:

I already gave you evidence, which is more than you have given me. Tanks cause problems and Supes has resisted molecular attacks as per the page prior (I already posted the scans) -- tanks are more durable than humans, as is Superman -- there is your connection. Now prove your points. If you want to continue to speculate, go on, but it is not proof my friend. I asked you to counter my points and prove otherwise, so yes, you have the burden of proof.

And yes, he did show limits -- look at the tank.

You want to try and turn it on me, it just proves my points further -- there is not enough intel on Manhattan to argue properly.

Please don't bother responding if you can't show me Manhattan taking down something more durable than a tank, or can prove the inorganic composition of the tank caused problems and so on. Just rock on with your belief that he can and move on.

Thats a pretty weak thesis... I don't accept it as evidence. as I mentioned before you cant say durability was the definitive reason Manhattan struggled with the tank, its speculation to say it was. There is enough evidence to say Manhattan would beat superman...because superman isn't resistant to matter manipulation.

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wyldsong: well he didn't really have trouble with the tank. He maybe didn't want to deconstruct it and just decided to blow it up. We will never know because he has no competition in his universe and there is only 1 comic he is in.... We can only speculate but my guess is that he could beat superman

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By Wyldsong

@Wyldsong: well he didn't really have trouble with the tank. He maybe didn't want to deconstruct it and just decided to blow it up. We will never know because he has no competition in his universe and there is only 1 comic he is in.... We can only speculate but my guess is that he could beat superman

Two things: Thanks for being honest on speculating. I can respect you for that and your opinion. As for the tank, again, we don't really know he didn't have more trouble with it than a human -- other than the fact that the human left nothing and the tank was only partially melted. Biggest thing I'll point to, if you are trying to show off your weapon to enemies purposefully, what is more intimidating -- melting the top of a tank or utter disintegration? Again, speculation all around, and truly neither here nor there. thanks for the discussion, but I am about to be off to bed and am just about done with this thread. night bud.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By Wyldsong

@Enemybird said:

Thats a pretty weak thesis... I don't accept it as evidence. as I mentioned before you cant say durability was the definitive reason Manhattan struggled with the tank, its speculation to say it was. There is enough evidence to say Manhattan would beat superman...because superman isn't resistant to matter manipulation.

Really? You try and say the burden of proof is mine when I started the whole shebang by asking YOU for proof, you say Supes isn't resistant to having his molecules played with when I have shown otherwise, you say that Manhattan has no limits to altering matter after arguing that maybe the metal in the tank gave him issues, and have yet to even bring me proof to back up your speculation, when I at least have scans to back up mine? Lol...and my thesis is the weak one here? Wow...

I think we are done here bud. Night, and feel free to take the last word -- just don't expect me to read it or respond since I don't accept your speculative argument as evidence=)

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wyldsong: well see you tomorrow. Its really unfair to put Dr. M in a fight as there is only ONE watchmen comic but he was very impressive in it. But again its impossible to know his full strength when all he fights are street level people and some defenseless Vietnamese

Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how is superman going to hurt dr M, and@Wyldsong: the doc>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>maxima

the blue man disintegrates the superman

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By Wyldsong

@higher_evolutionary said:

how is superman going to hurt dr M, and@Wyldsong: the doc>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>maximathe blue man disintegrates the superman

Already had this discussion bud, you are a little late to the party and I am done repeating myself, no offense=P

Other than that, you can reread all my posts for all of my thoughts. Take it easy and no offense meant in any of this.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By willpayton

Dr Manhattan has another way to win here. He wiggles his wang and Superman dies of embarrassment. Victory for Manhattan!

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By Wyldsong

@Wyldsong: well see you tomorrow. Its really unfair to put Dr. M in a fight as there is only ONE watchmen comic but he was very impressive in it. But again its impossible to know his full strength when all he fights are street level people and some defenseless Vietnamese

Yeah, got me for another post, as sleep is slow to come. I do agree, and it really is kind of unfair with so little to go on. One of my biggest arguments ever with Manhattan is just that -- not enough to go on -- but then you have people that try to "speculate" and use it as gospel truth with far too little proof. I don't mind speculation, I just don't like people trying to pass it off as proof of their position.

Like I said, so far, you at least seem to be someone I can respect on the issue. We at least agree on the lack of showings and speculation bit, and you aren't trying to shove speculation as gospel truth at me. So, realize by me saying this, it is not due in any part to you, but I think I am going to lay off the Manhattan threads for a bit, or at least leave it at one post and leave. These long drawn out discussions that go nowhere just don't do it for me I am afraid. I am sure I'll catch you in another thread bud. Take it easy, and thanks again for the discussion.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By Wyldsong

@WillPayton said:

Dr Manhattan has another way to win here. He wiggles his **** and Superman dies of embarrassment. Victory for Manhattan!

Lol...seriously, that is pretty funny=)

I can't argue this one, Manhattan wins=P

bluepride1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By bluepride1234

Doesn't Dr. Manhattan have to focus someone in order to alter someone's molecules? How could he focus a target moving much faster than anything he has displayed?

Makes sense that Supes can't hurt Dr.M, but i dunno how Dr.M could even hurt Supes in the first place? Didn't see anything in comics to show such a thing

@Wyldsong: Exactually. Dr. M has never shown feats to show the alteration of molecules of someone who does have resistance, nor has he shown anything speed related.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By Enemybird

@Wyldsong said:

@Enemybird said:

Really? You try and say the burden of proof is mine when I started the whole shebang by asking YOU for proof, you say Supes isn't resistant to having his molecules played with when I have shown otherwise, you say that Manhattan has no limits to altering matter after arguing that maybe the metal in the tank gave him issues, and have yet to even bring me proof to back up your speculation, when I at least have scans to back up mine? Lol...and my thesis is the weak one here? Wow...

I think we are done here bud. Night, and feel free to take the last word -- just don't expect me to read it or respond since I don't accept your speculative argument as evidence=)

No way to argue out of this one buddy Manhattan wins

thread/

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#331  Edited By Saren

@Enemybird said:

@Wyldsong said:

@Enemybird said:

thread/

Prove that Manhattan's molecular manipulation is at the level of that guy's device. You can't.

Here's Power Girl blocking molecular manipulation.

No Caption Provided

Manhattan cannot do crap to Superman.

/thread

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By Wyldsong

@CitizenBane said:

@Enemybird said:

@Wyldsong said:

@Enemybird said:

thread/

Prove that Manhattan's molecular manipulation is at the level of that guy's device. You can't.

Here's Power Girl blocking molecular manipulation.

No Caption Provided

Manhattan cannot do crap to Superman.

/thread

Let's also point out that device only slowed Supes, definitely didn't kill him. Kryptonians sure seem pretty resistant to molecular manipulation, good scan there=)

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By Enemybird

@CitizenBane:Wlysong's initial argument was that superman was resistant to matter manipulation... Clearly that's not the case. Prove Dr. Manhattan's attacks are on the level of the scan you just showed me...Better yet... prove how power girl is even relevant in this thread. because she is Kryptonian? lol im sorry but no.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By Saren

@Enemybird said:

@CitizenBane:Wlysong's initial argument was that superman was resistant to matter manipulation... Clearly that's not the case. Prove Dr. Manhattan's attacks are on the level of the scan you just showed me..

HE IS.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/45180/2350870-1066124_super5_super.jpg

Manhattan's best feat is melting a tank. That is it. That is all he has shown himself capable of to date. Are tanks more durable than Superman? No.

Better yet... prove how power girl is even relevant in this thread. because she is Kryptonian? lol im sorry but no.

Are you joking? She gets her powers from exactly the same source that he does, in exactly the same way, except his durability feats are better than hers. How is she not relevant? Don't make me laugh.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By Enemybird

@Wyldsong: Hold up didnt you say he was resistant to matter manipulation? now your defnese is that attack didnt kill him?....Manhattan wont put a fist through his chest He will

and superman will die

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By Saren

@Enemybird said:

@Wyldsong: Hold up didnt you say he was resistant to matter manipulation? now your defnese is that attack didnt kill him?....Manhattan wont put a fist through his chest He will

and superman will die

That is from the movie. The movie is not canon. And that wouldn't work either.

Have you even read Watchmen?

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By Enemybird

@CitizenBane said:

@Enemybird said:

@CitizenBane:Wlysong's initial argument was that superman was resistant to matter manipulation... Clearly that's not the case. Prove Dr. Manhattan's attacks are on the level of the scan you just showed me..

HE IS.

Manhattan's best feat is melting a tank. That is it. That is all he has shown himself capable of to date. Are tanks more durable than Superman? No.

Better yet... prove how power girl is even relevant in this thread. because she is Kryptonian? lol im sorry but no.

Are you joking? She gets her powers from exactly the same source that he does, in exactly the same way, except his durability feats are better than hers. How is she not relevant? Don't make me laugh.

Power girl feat arent superman feats sorry...

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By Saren

@Enemybird said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Enemybird said:

HE IS.

Kryptonian durability is kryptonian durability. Power Girl is weaker than Superman in pretty much every way. Fanwank Manhattan all you want, but his best feat is melting a tank. Whooo.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By Enemybird

@CitizenBane said:

@Enemybird said:

and superman will die

* sigh puts head down* Whats your argument here bane?

jesterhead101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By jesterhead101

I like how everyone resorts to feats when they just can't win...I mean yeah...dr.m's best feat *might* be that tank in the movie...but the ease with which he performed it must indicate what more he's capable of....no??...also that guy never seems to be angry or perturbed...just nonchalantly disassembling stuff atom by atom....I'm positive he's capable of much more....and has many options to kill superman....whereas supes really doesn't seem to have many options to hurt dr.m...i mean even by blitzing can he KILL dr.m??? and suppose he does(not likely) dr/m can just rebuild himself.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By Saren

@Enemybird said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Enemybird said:

and superman will die

My argument is the blatantly obvious one, that Manhattan, for all his woe-is-me posturing has never done anything to indicate he can hurt anyone with superhuman durability. There are scans not two or three pages ago of Superman resisting matter manipulation from Darkseid and Maxima.

Manhattan is a low-level energy manipulator at best, and that's all he is.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By Enemybird

@CitizenBane said:

@Enemybird said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Enemybird said:

HE IS.

Kryptonian durability is kryptonian durability. Power Girl is weaker than Superman in pretty much every way. Fanwank Manhattan all you want, but his best feat is melting a tank. Whooo.

By that logic all flashes should have the same feats as well since that all get their power from the same source... thats not true is it?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By Saren

@Enemybird said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Enemybird said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Enemybird said:

HE IS.

By that logic all flashes should have the same feats as well since that all get their power from the same source... thats not true is it?

Feats? No. Powers? Yes. All Flashes have the same powers since they all get their power from the same source.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By Wyldsong

@Enemybird said:

@Wyldsong said:

@Enemybird said:

thread/

I was honestly going to ignore anything else you came up with, but saw CitizenBane's post, and could not help myself. I'll give you some credit though, at least this time you tried to bring more than just your words as proof, but really? You bring out a scan that shows Superman surviving molecular disruption as proof? A scan from a book where in the following pages he get's back up and still wins with no significant or lasting effects?

Lol, thanks for adding more scans to prove my point=)

We have scans of him resisting having his molecules played with and now have one of him surviving a direct punch that pushed some molecules aside and still had no lasting effect on him -- which we can easily classify as resistance (I always maintained he was resistant, never stated immunity) or even accelerated healing from such an attack -- but hey, that's just speculation on my part. And you still have yet to show Manhattan taking something more durable than a tank.

Good deal, we are truly done here. Later bud, thanks for the assist!

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By Enemybird

@CitizenBane said:

@Enemybird said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Enemybird said:

and superman will die

My argument is the blatantly obvious one, that Manhattan, for all his woe-is-me posturing has never done anything to indicate he can hurt anyone with superhuman durability. There are scans not two or three pages ago of Superman resisting matter manipulation from Darkseid and Maxima.

Superman's matter resistant abilities are inconsistent enough for Manhattan to be able to attack him... and thats all he needs is one attack

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By Saren

@Enemybird said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Enemybird said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Enemybird said:

and superman will die

Superman's matter resistant abilities are inconsistent enough for Manhattan to be able to attack him... and thats all he needs is one attack

Nonsense, you have one showing and you want to claim that is inconsistency? Manhattan's matter manipulation powers are miserable enough to not matter at all. Again: he melted a tank. Whoo.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By Enemybird

@CitizenBane said:

@Enemybird said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Enemybird said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Enemybird said:

HE IS.

Feats? No. Powers? Yes. All Flashes have the same powers since they all get their power from the same source.

But they all don't have the same level of speed...which is my point. i cant use a wally west scan on a barry thread.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#348  Edited By Lvenger

@jesterhead101 said:

I like how everyone resorts to feats when they just can't win...I mean yeah...dr.m's best feat *might* be that tank in the movie...but the ease with which he performed it must indicate what more he's capable of....no??...also that guy never seems to be angry or perturbed...just nonchalantly disassembling stuff atom by atom....I'm positive he's capable of much more....and has many options to kill superman....whereas supes really doesn't seem to have many options to hurt dr.m...i mean even by blitzing can he KILL dr.m??? and suppose he does(not likely) dr/m can just rebuild himself.

This is something that seems to have been ignored. Whilst Manhatten might have as many feats as Superman, there's never been any limit portrayed to his matter manipulation abilities. Every feat Manhatten has been shown doing has been done nonchalantly. He didn't really put any effort into creating a citadel on Mars and the effortless with which he destroyed the tank does suggest he could do far more. The limits of Manhatten's powers are never defined and I doubt Superman's atoms share the invulnerability of his body. I have to say that Manhatten takes this.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By Saren

@Lvenger said:

@jesterhead101 said:

This is something that seems to have been ignored. Whilst Manhatten might have as many feats as Superman, there's never been any limit portrayed to his matter manipulation abilities. Every feat Manhatten has been shown doing has been done nonchalantly. He didn't really put any effort into creating a citadel on Mars and the effortless with which he destroyed the tank does suggest he could do far more. The limits of Manhatten's powers are never defined and I doubt Superman's atoms share the invulnerability of his body. I have to say that Manhatten takes this.

Just because no limit has ever been shown does not mean no limit exists. Manhattan does everything nonchalantly, because he does not really care about anything that goes on around him.

It's like claiming that I can kick down a skyscraper if I can kick down a door.

@Enemybird said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Enemybird said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Enemybird said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Enemybird said:

HE IS.

But they all don't have the same level of speed...which is my point. i cant use a wally west scan on a barry thread.

But they all have the same powers, and they have a generalized level of superhuman speed the way Kryptonians have a generalized level of superhuman durability.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By Wyldsong

@Enemybird said:

and superman will die

That is not even a canon scan from the source material. Yeah, the noncanon movie version was far more impressive, lol=)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I have shown him resisting such attacks, and in the following pages he gets up with no lasting effects. What don't you get from that? Read the comic if you are going to post from it.