Dr. Manhattan Vs Silver Surfer (Movie Versions)

• 72 results
Mortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mortal
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Rules

• In character
  • No prep
  • Random encounter

Who would win?

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Manhattan wins.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm biased so Dr. Manhattan.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

who's manhattan? what did he do?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Manhattan wins.

I'm biased so Dr. Manhattan.

You do realize Silver Surfer released enough energy to Kill Galactus, who dwarfed Earth?

The Dr Loses again.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@helicoprion said:

who's manhattan? what did he do?

Exploded humans, mean while, the Surfer soloed a being who destroyed planets.

Surfer wins here.

Problem is we dont actually know exactly what Galactus did or how he did it. So defeating Galactus is a non-feat for Surfer.

I'm going with Manhattan FTW.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux:

Surely my biased answer can't be wrong.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manhattan

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@willpayton: If I remember correctly, all the SS did was make holes which made it easier for Galan to acess the core directly , and the galactus would then draw substinence from the heat and organic matter of the said planet. In any case, his mere presense when he approached earth was causing storms all over the planet and the sky to go black etc. Combine this with his sheer size, and I think that Galactus is far more impressive Dr Manhattan, even though his portrayal is one of the worst movie adaptations I think I've ever seen.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS

Avatar image for deathstroke_terminater
deathstroke_terminater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS.

Check this out:

Loading Video...

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norrin wins IMO...

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zaied

Surfer wins. I don't get the Manhattan hype but whatever.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

A non feat... what? We saw Galactus destroy planets in some scenes and we saw Surfer beat Galactus...

I dont remember, did they actually show Galactus active destroying a planet? The movie is too crappy for me to want to watch it again to find out.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@willpayton: If I remember correctly, all the SS did was make holes which made it easier for Galan to acess the core directly , and the galactus would then draw substinence from the heat and organic matter of the said planet. In any case, his mere presense when he approached earth was causing storms all over the planet and the sky to go black etc. Combine this with his sheer size, and I think that Galactus is far more impressive Dr Manhattan, even though his portrayal is one of the worst movie adaptations I think I've ever seen.

@leo-343 said:

A non feat... what? We saw Galactus destroy planets in some scenes and we saw Surfer beat Galactus...

Here's the thing though, that is just ABC logic... which we usually dont use to judge the outcome of fights. Why? Because it might well be that Galactus is extremely powerful, but do to some special power or knowledge that Silver Surfer had, he could take out or incapacitate Galactus. This special power or knowledge might not do anything to anyone else, hence the feat in and of itself tells us nothing about how SS might do versus Manhattan. See my point?

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Surfer

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I would put my money on the surfer because of better offensive feats, Manhattans best offensive feat is destroying NYC, but the surfer destroyed the big G.

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer stomps

Surfer BFR Galactus who was the size of Jupiter and eats planets, Surfer revived people from death, moves FTL, has matter manipulation, has intangibility, can depower his enemies, trap people and things inside his board, he's done all of that in the movie.

Dr Manhattan's best feat is creating a city out of matter manipulation, and walking on the surface of the sun which is quite equal to Surfer traveling to the core of the planet

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think having to watch either movie means we all lose,

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Can someone please explain to me howSS wins.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norris Stomps

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Steals his powers

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might be a stalemate. Not really sure how either would put the other down. The trapping in the board might work, but Manhattan can teleport. Manhattan may be able to knock Surfer off his board, but Surfer is too fast and can go intangible...idk. Surfer can effect radiation, so it's possible he may be able to counteract Manhattans energy/radiation that powers him.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By TheComedian_

@thecomedian_ said:

Steals his powers

Good answer. I had no idea he could do that, haha.

Surfer stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manhattan stomps. The only thing Surfer could do is blow himself up (or whatever he did against Galactocloud) to possibly harm Manhattan and even that's questionable. Manhattan could even see into his own future and know everything Norrin would try to do and stop him before hand. The Dr could easily rob Norrin of his board leaving him with no powers. I mean even with his board he got KO'ed by one of Reeds machines witch the Dr should be able to replicate with his powers.

QuakeBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Manhattan

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Manhattan. Surfer had to charge for his attack against Galactus. Manhattan is not gonna just sit there and let him do that against him. Though his matter manipulation is overrated, it's still above anything Surfer has done.

Not only that, but I don't think Manhattan can be killed.

KingTPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never understood the Manhatten hype.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lgh0stl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate at best, one can manipulate molecules and the other cause molecular fluctuation.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer.

jodema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure Manhattan can manipulate/protect his own matter more than Surfer could.

lgh0stl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jodema: thing is it was not shown or even stated, he manipulate molecules the other makes molecule fluctuates to the point he can make revive sue storm to the point that just by passing a lake it turn into solid, by passing through egypt it suddenly snow.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer has much more/better combat feats. Manhattan had a lot of cute tricks that don't help in combat

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer wins

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for deactivated-5e497e3f11e30
deactivated-5e497e3f11e30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously Dr. Manhattan would win SS doesnt have a chance/

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer has much more/better combat feats. Manhattan had a lot of cute tricks that don't help in combat

Totally disintegrating a person or casually dismantling a tank is very impressive. He could also replicate himself, teleport, had telekinesis, and was basically immortal being able to bring himself back to life after having his body completely destroyed. Man if those are "cute tricks" I'd love to see what he does with his real powers.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@leo-343: that SS outlier feat is taken out of context plus power levels don't determine who wins

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48  Edited By MasterKungFu

@leo-343: it is an outlier if you consider him taking 20 hard seconds to fully charge his attack to the max only to end up leaving himself unconscious afterwards...........not to mention big g literally stood there and did nothing

The funny thing is even without that feat his feats still surpass Manhattan's.

which ones? what does he have in his arsenal that manhattan can't survive or rebuild himself from? even if they are better

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer's most impressive feat is saving the earth from Galactus. How he did it we don't know exactly. He certainly didn't kill Galactus as some guys are telling.. Come on..galactus is the source of power cosmic..surfer has got like some percent of the power. The scene where surfer goes to space and seemingly releases all his energy and then Galactus somehow disappears is confusing. Where'd he go..How?? but lets look at the other feats..surfer is certainly above normal superheroes of earth in powerlevel. He didn't even give a shit about the fantastic four at first and causally blasted doom. But then again.. The smartest guy on earth was easily able to figure out a way to defeat surfer and once separated from the board...he was powerless against puny humans. Also he can dig holes into the earth if that's a relevant feat btw.

Now moving on to Dr Manhattan... He actually behaves like an all knowing God. Its like he has figured out everything about life and death and stuff like that and so he's got Apathy.... Other than that lets see...he is indestructible even if his intrinsic field is removed... He said he walked on the surface of the sun...can instantly destroy anything or mutate anything to something else..can create matter out of nothing.... Has got telepathy telekinesis and matter and energy manipulation.. He is seemingly clairvoyant...can create multiple copies of himself that can function independently...can instantly teleport to anywhere... Can become as big as mountains...i don't know did i miss anything?

Oh yeah....!! Has got a blue dingus and can cause cancer to normal people working with him apparently. Also americans said...God exists and he is american referring to Dr Manhattan. Funny...aliens and Gods are both blue somehow.

So you decide...who's more powerful