Dr. Manhattan VS new 52 captain atom!!!

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By omriamar

fight on mars may the best freak of nature wins!!!

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed95594e07
deactivated-62aed95594e07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manhattan.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm going wait until Doomsday Clock.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before I would have said Captain Atom, but now this is probably a mismatch.

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Doc M stomps

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

If we are dealing with actual on-panel feats... then Captain Atom in a colossal curb stomp, because a lot of the hype around Manhattan is about what people say about him, not what he actually does.

Like look at the original watchmen... he changes size, he travels space, he turns sand to glass, he reforms after having been disintegrated, he makes duplicates of himself, he creates air and he blows up some thugs and Vietnamese. All of that is stuff the New 52 Captain Atom also does, along with absorbing huge amounts of energy (a volcano and a nuke) he exists outside of the normal definition of time that he has also travelled, he's been with passengers to the edge of the universe, recreated the dead and regrown other people's limbs.

Now, Doomsday Clock and all that hasn't been published yet, so what Manhattan does there is not really usable as of yet... since DC and Johns might change what he actually does, if its even him. So we have to rely on the original Watchmen story and the later Before Watchmen, which I have to admit I haven't read, so maybe he does something amazing there?

Avatar image for larcadedragneel
LarcadeDragneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we are dealing with actual on-panel feats... then Captain Atom in a colossal curb stomp, because a lot of the hype around Manhattan is about what people say about him, not what he actually does.

Like look at the original watchmen... he changes size, he travels space, he turns sand to glass, he reforms after having been disintegrated, he makes duplicates of himself, he creates air and he blows up some thugs and Vietnamese. All of that is stuff the New 52 Captain Atom also does, along with absorbing huge amounts of energy (a volcano and a nuke) he exists outside of the normal definition of time that he has also travelled, he's been with passengers to the edge of the universe, recreated the dead and regrown other people's limbs.

Now, Doomsday Clock and all that hasn't been published yet, so what Manhattan does there is not really usable as of yet... since DC and Johns might change what he actually does, if its even him. So we have to rely on the original Watchmen story and the later Before Watchmen, which I have to admit I haven't read, so maybe he does something amazing there?

Exactly.

CryoModeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

CA

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Atom. What is with the hype surrounding Dr. Manhattan?

Avatar image for deactivated-6160b54a0f8e2
deactivated-6160b54a0f8e2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rampagethefirst: it's because of Doomsday Clock, Manhattan literally remade the whole universe

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sushmita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. Dr M proved many of you wrong.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Dr m

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mee09

Lol people actually thought Captain Atom would beat Manhattan? He wouldn't even beat Manhattan before New 52 and Rebirth.

I shouldn't be suprised though. Us Watchman fans tried so hard to tell people how powerful this character was but Comicvine was the only debating site that wouldn't listen to us. Even YouTube knew that Manhattan was strong enough to beat Silver Surfer. After the reboot comics came out and they gave us a pretty big hint as to what Dr. Manhattan's standing in the DC Universe was. Comicvine was still the only site that refused to acknowledge him. Hell they didn't even want to acknowledge that characters other than The Comedian and Ozymandias had superhuman feats in The Watchman verse.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Soratoumiga

Well now Manhattan, obviously.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mee09

@soratoumiga: He should have won back then too. Dr. Manhattan is literally Atom's kryptonite. Manhattan's powerset is literally made to make Captain Atom explode or to just outright turn him into another element.

What the Hell could Atom do to him? Manhattan's whole premise revovles around manipulating matter and atoms. He's literally immortal? How would Atom defeat him? This website dude.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09: Well, back then, Manhattan was just a being of pure energy, and Atom had the ability to manipulate multiple forms of energy, and was excelling at that, so Atom would logically win. Now it's changed and we have on-panel evidence that Manhattan would beat Atom.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mee09

@soratoumiga: Lol how does he out manipulate Dr. Manhattan? He already explained why this can't happen multiple times in the seires. It's the dumbest arguments ever that only came from this site. I don't understand. Everyone else already knew.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09: To be fair, that's what makes Atom special, he excells at energy manipulation and he could have probably somehow manipulated him. I read Watchmen, but I can't recall the writer stating that Manhattan can't be manipulated, unless I'm missing something.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mee09

@soratoumiga: Ozymandias already tried to do exactly what you are describing and it did not work. Because Manhattan is practically omnipresent and also has learned to perfectly recreate himself. Whatever Atom would fight. Likely wouldn't be the real Manhattan. Manhattan could be on Mars trying to create life. Or sight seeing on The Sun. While Atom is futilely trying to manipulate 10 of clones on Earth that are just as strong as himself. He had clones althroughout his Universe that were trying to create life and they are all aware of what they are all doing at all times.

It's one of the worst arguments ever to say Atom is going to outmanipulate a guy who plays with atoms and matters for a living. He would never win nor would he be able to outmanipulate Manhattan who is literally on a different plane of existence.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sushmita: He only got amped recently so he only wins based on his current feats.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: Lol only according to Comicvine. No one else believed this. He was already amped. Although no one expected him to be Multiversal. We knew he was far beyond the likes of Captain Atom

Yamiyodare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Manhattan godstomps. Mismatch.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@mee09: You mean delusional fanboys who thought that his street level feats made him omnipotent? The fact that you are calling him multiversal when he is skyfather tier at best with his new feats tells me that you are one of those fanboys. Dr. Manhattan was nowhere near this level before. Unless you can provide you non-existent feats before Doomsday Clock, there is nothing to suggest that he was this powerful.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@mee09: So what are Manhattan’s new feats?

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackpantherisb: Casually beat most of the Justice League.

more like all

at the end of the issue he is just standing there while other gets dusted

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: Your boy Superman wasn’t there.

my boy wasnt going to make any difference either

unless geoff johns decides to do some pis with truth justice american way

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: I said “most” because Superman wasn’t there dude. I know that Superman wouldn’t have done anything :|

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: I said “most” because Superman wasn’t there dude. I know that Superman wouldn’t have done anything :|

yeah i know :)

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Supermanthor
Zane240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09:

Dude I remember years ago when everyone kept saying surfer stomps Manhattan

There was just something about Manhattan that oozes power in ways that silver surfer never showed. I kept telling them not to jump into conclusions that Manhattan hasn't been troubled by anything and thus his upper limits hasn't been shown but from how casually he does what he does tells he should be above surfer tier

Now everyone knows he would stomp surfer and any herald level being. Just like I always thought

Zane240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get it into your skulls that Manhattan is far above herald tier. Heck even Thanos tier

Infact if the hype is real then even above odin tier

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@mee09: @zane240: You guys need to stop. 95% of the people on comic vine know that Dr. Manhattan was a wankfest who had feats that could be achieved by peeople who weren’t even high tier. He was severely wanked back in the day and only now is getting amped so that he lives up to the hype. We have something called feats that Dr. Manhattan is only now living up to because he needs to be extremely powerful for the sake of the plot. So stop acting like he was the sh*t before he did anything above beating street levellers.

drskullcrushin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Manhattan waved and CA went bye bye

Avatar image for deactivated-5e618604cfe43
deactivated-5e618604cfe43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers