• 116 results
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
So, sevennames27 once again justifies his opinion by disregarding the writers (despite not having read a single panel of Preacher)...Extremely novel...
Akwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Akwa
@sevennames27 said:
"@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"@sevennames27 said:
"

GOD by definition is beyond death, so even if the bullet should kill anything, shooting GOD would then unravel the universe ending every thing.

"
wrong on that one, god made it to kill anything,ANYTHING, he never thought SOK would turn on him thus why he did this, and it's a comic RULES CAN BE BROKEN. "

Rule 1. God can not die.

Rule 2. Gun shot can kill anyone.

End result two fundamental laws are at odds and destroy the fabric of creation.

"

Well, obviously Rule 2 superceded Rule 1. And it didn't destroy the fabric of the Universe.
sevennames27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By sevennames27
@Morpheus_ said:
"So, sevennames27 once again justifies his opinion by disregarding the writers (despite not having read a single panel of Preacher)...Extremely novel...
"

No Caption Provided

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@sevennames27 said:
"@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"@sevennames27 said:
"

GOD by definition is beyond death, so even if the bullet should kill anything, shooting GOD would then unravel the universe ending every thing.

"
wrong on that one, god made it to kill anything,ANYTHING, he never thought SOK would turn on him thus why he did this, and it's a comic RULES CAN BE BROKEN. "

Rule 1. God can not die.

End result two fundamental laws are at odds and destroy the fabric of creation.

"

rule 1. does not apply when GOD has just been killed by something of his own making
rule 2. the guns bullets are divine in nature, what they hit they kill, end of story.
and again RULES CAN BE BROKEN IN COMICS, GOD even seSAW knows this
Akwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Akwa
@sevennames27 said:
"@Morpheus_ said:
"So, sevennames27 once again justifies his opinion by disregarding the writers (despite not having read a single panel of Preacher)...Extremely novel...
"

No Caption Provided
"

So, instead of replying to his legitimate observation, you have decided to insult him. Well done, you truly are the pinnacle of debating.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Akwa said:
"@sevennames27 said:
"@Morpheus_ said:
"

No Caption Provided
"
So, instead of replying to his legitimate observation, you have decided to insult him. Well done, you truly are the pinnacle of debating. "
makes seSAW look like the creator XD
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Everything posted here is subject to critique...And when you post, four things happen:

1) You quote wikis.
2) You post these idiotic pictures.
3) You disregard abilities a character may has as illogical (like there is anything absolutely logical in comic books with super humans in general), or bad writing.
4) You insult others...

And I've seen it happen too many times, to mind by "own damn business"...

sevennames27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By sevennames27
@Akwa said:
"@sevennames27 said:
"@Morpheus_ said:
"

No Caption Provided
"
So, instead of replying to his legitimate observation, you have decided to insult him. Well done, you truly are the pinnacle of debating. "

Legitimate observation, ha, one does not have to watch an entire episode of “Sponge Bob Square Pants” to know that it is insipid non-intellectual drivel.

All though salutations on using two such large words properly in one sentence, I would not have though that you possessed the level of intelligence, needed to make you capable of such.

sevennames27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By sevennames27
@Morpheus_ said:
"Everything posted here is subject to critique...And when you post, four things happen:

1) You quote wikis.
3) You disregard abilities a character may has as illogical (like there is anything absolutely logical in comic books with super humans in general), or bad writing.
4) You insult others...

"

What level of education do, have you had or what is you Inelegance Quotient Rating?

Akwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Akwa
@sevennames27 said:
"@Akwa said:
"@sevennames27 said:
"@Morpheus_ said:
"

No Caption Provided
"

Legitimate observation, ha, one does not have to watch an entire episode of “Sponge Bob Square Pants” to know that it is insipid non-intellectual drivel.

All though salutations on using two such large words properly in one sentence, I would not have though that you possessed the level of intelligence, needed to make you capable of such.

"

And he (or she) has done it again!

And it was a legitimate observation. It's an established fact that SOK can kill anything and you're just ignoring it. Morpheus was merely pointing it out.
Akwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Akwa
@sevennames27 said:
"@Morpheus_ said:
"Everything posted here is subject to critique...And when you post, four things happen:

1) You quote wikis.
4) You insult others...

"

What level of education do, have you had or what is you Inelegance Quotient Rating?

"

Presumably better than yours since his posts usually have correct spelling and grammar. Unlike yours, as demonstrated by that very post.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@sevennames27 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

1) You quote wikis.
4) You insult others...

"

"
4)
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@sevennames27 said:
"@Akwa said:
"@sevennames27 said:
"@Morpheus_ said:
"

No Caption Provided
"

"
wow another insult,you must be on a intellectual level thatgets close to einstein with such a vast amount or thought process you must know that you are making less sense then the crusaders did in the holy wars with the phrase ''god wills it!'' your ideas and insults are that of a child trying to make himself seem like he is beyond the brain power of people here...............................well i am gonna tell you that the idea is very funny since you don't have the brain power to come up with good comebacks so you fall back on a picture.........................in other words....WTF ARE YOUR TALKING ABOUT.
sevennames27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By sevennames27
@Akwa said:
"@sevennames27 said:
"@Morpheus_ said:

1) You quote wikis.
4) You insult others...

"

"
Presumably better than yours since his posts usually have correct spelling and grammar. Unlike yours, as demonstrated by that very post. "

What grammatical or spelling error is present in my preceding comment?

sevennames27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By sevennames27
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"@sevennames27 said:
"@Akwa said:
"@sevennames27 said:
"@Morpheus_ said:
"

No Caption Provided
"

"
wow another insult,you must be on a intellectual level thatgets close to einstein with such a vast amount or thought process you must know that you are making less sense then the crusaders did in the holy wars with the phrase ''god wills it!'' your ideas and insults are that of a child trying to make himself seem like he is beyond the brain power of people here...............................well i am gonna tell you that the idea is very funny since you don't have the brain power to come up with good comebacks so you fall back on a picture.........................in other words....WTF ARE YOUR TALKING ABOUT."

I just though the picture would help make it easier for people like you to understand.

And what else is there to resort to besides insults, when reason fails to convince some one?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@sevennames27 said:
" @Akwa said:
"@sevennames27 said:
"@Morpheus_ said:

1) You quote wikis.
4) You insult others...

"

"
Presumably better than yours since his posts usually have correct spelling and grammar. Unlike yours, as demonstrated by that very post. "

What grammatical or spelling error is present in my preceding comment?

"
None. But the I in IQ stands for Intelligence. Not inelegance.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@sevennames27 said:
"@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"@sevennames27 said:
"@Akwa said:
"@sevennames27 said:
"@Morpheus_ said:
"

No Caption Provided
"

"
wow another insult,you must be on a intellectual level thatgets close to einstein with such a vast amount or thought process you must know that you are making less sense then the crusaders did in the holy wars with the phrase ''god wills it!'' your ideas and insults are that of a child trying to make himself seem like he is beyond the brain power of people here...............................well i am gonna tell you that the idea is very funny since you don't have the brain power to come up with good comebacks so you fall back on a picture.........................in other words....WTF ARE YOUR TALKING ABOUT."

I just though the picture would help make it easier for people like you to understand.

And what else is there to resort to besides insults, when reason fails to convince some one?

"

again you fall back to the only thing your know, insults. you have not shown any reason, you are on a  comic book website, if you want reason go to a math website, comics do not have to make sense and people who try to make sense of them outside the comic itself are just foolish, what you have done here is LOST the debate and now you resort to calling everyone stupid, it's the way you people work when you are beaten you act like you are better then the people that are destroying you in the debate. next time you want to posts something THINK first and ask yourself ''why does logic have to be in comics?'' then get back to me.
Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#68  Edited By Nerx

SOK , imagine a videogame one character is level 4000 (Manhattan) the other character has a cheat that enables him to do a one-hit-kill plus invulnerability.

You do the logic

Dynoblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Dynoblaze
@Akwa said: 
Yes, the Preacher's Voice of Command immobolised the Saint of Killers. But remember the Voice of Command stems from Genesis, a nigh omnipotent being. And even then he couldn't order SOK to kill himself or stop hunting him. If Genesis' mind control partially failed against him, why should Emma's do anything at all?As Morpheus pointed out, Scarlet Witch's power is tied to her mental state. Most of the time, her power is sketchy as best. As for turning him into a nice guy, first she would have to erase his anger and his anger is powerful enough to freeze Hell itself, which is an entire seperate dimension. "
Damn. I still think Scarlet Witch has a small chance though. Oh well. 

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"GOD by definition is beyond death, so even if the bullet should kill anything, shooting GOD would then unravel the universe ending every thing.

Rule 1. God can not die.

End result two fundamental laws are at odds and destroy the fabric of creation."

This is all speculation.

Gods can and do die, very often. Check any number of creation myths, or literature in general.

The conclusion that the fabric of reality would unravel is unsupported.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#71  Edited By AtPhantom
@Fortified_Hooligan said:
"Gods can and do die, very often. Check any number of creation myths, or literature in general."
Depends on what myths you go to. Norse Gods can die, Greek cannot. Neither can Hindu deities I believe, or the judeo-christian God. In short your hypothesis is wrong.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By King_Saturn
@AtPhantom said:
" @Fortified_Hooligan said:
"Gods can and do die, very often. Check any number of creation myths, or literature in general."
Depends on what myths you go to. Norse Gods can die, Greek cannot. Neither can Hindu deities I believe, or the judeo-christian God. In short your hypothesis is wrong. "
he he he...
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and yet SoK clearly shot and killed the god in question.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By AtPhantom
" and yet SoK clearly shot and killed the god in question. "
Regardless, you cannot call upon mythology in this matter. I agree that the universe unraveling argument is stupid, but that's because of the rules set out in that universe. You likewise cannot say "Gods can die everywhere because they can die in Norse myths".
DaMainMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DaMainMan
@AtPhantom said:
"@Fortified_Hooligan said:
Depends on what myths you go to. Norse Gods can die, Greek cannot. Neither can Hindu deities I believe, or the judeo-christian God. In short your hypothesis is wrong."

Actually the Greek gods die in the sense that they lose their power and status like when Chronus usurped Unas and was himself usurped by Zues. And the Judeo/Christian god dies too or did you miss the Easter celebration?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@DaMainMan said:
" @AtPhantom said:
Depends on what myths you go to. Norse Gods can die, Greek cannot. Neither can Hindu deities I believe, or the judeo-christian God. In short your hypothesis is wrong."
Actually the Greek gods die in the sense that they lose their power and status like when Chronus usurped Unas and was himself usurped by Zues. And the Judeo/Christian god dies too or did you miss the Easter celebration? "
Cronus never died. He was banished to Tartarus. And if you want to get technical, he was a Titan, not a God. As for him unsurping Unas, I'm not really sure of whom you're talking about. There is no Unas in the greek mythology. And Christ was the son of God, not God Himself.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By AtPhantom
@Morpheus_ said:
" @DaMainMan said:
" @AtPhantom said:
Actually the Greek gods die in the sense that they lose their power and status like when Chronus usurped Unas and was himself usurped by Zues. And the Judeo/Christian god dies too or did you miss the Easter celebration? "
Cronus never died. He was banished to Tartarus. And if you want to get technical, he was a Titan, not a God. As for him unsurping Unas, I'm not really sure of whom you're talking about. There is no Unas in the greek mythology. And Christ was the son of God, not God Himself. "
He presumably speaks of Ouranos, the father of Cronus.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:
" He presumably speaks of Ouranos, the father of Cronus. "
I know. But he was sarcastic, without being correct in half his claims...So I thought a little sarcasm from my part wouldn't hurt...
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By AtPhantom
@Morpheus_ said:
" @AtPhantom said:
I know. But he was sarcastic, without being correct in half his claims...So I thought a little sarcasm from my part wouldn't hurt... "
: )
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titans are gods as well.

"You likewise cannot say "Gods can die everywhere because they can die in Norse myths".

I believe this originated with someone saying that God, by definition, was beyond death. This is false.

"And Christ was the son of God, not God Himself."
That depends on who you talk to. The convoluted reasoning involved in the holy trinity is interpreted many ways.

Clearly, SoK killed the god in question. I made reference to the fact that numerous other gods in creation stories throughout comics, literature and real religions also face death.

DaMainMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By DaMainMan
@Morpheus_ said:
"@AtPhantom said:
I know. But he was sarcastic, without being correct in half his claims...So I thought a little sarcasm from my part wouldn't hurt..."

Who said I was being sarcastic smartazz? I pointed out that Gods death take more than one form. And didn't Jesus say he and the father are one? If you want to see the father etc. so it they're the same and he dies then ditto God died. AND all faith traditions have the death and rebirth scenario in them symbolized in the Heru/Asur story, Jesus raising in 3 days from the dead, Baldur returning from the dead, The phoenix which rises from it's own fiery ashes. Don't play the god game with me cause I misspelled Chronus/Saturn's dad's name. Trust me I know some about different gods.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@DaMainMan said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"@AtPhantom said:
I know. But he was sarcastic, without being correct in half his claims...So I thought a little sarcasm from my part wouldn't hurt..."
Who said I was being sarcastic smartazz? I pointed out that Gods death take more than one form. And didn't Jesus say he and the father are one? If you want to see the father etc. so it they're the same and he dies then ditto God died. AND all faith traditions have the death and rebirth scenario in them symbolized in the Heru/Asur story, Jesus raising in 3 days from the dead, Baldur returning from the dead, The phoenix which rises from it's own fiery ashes. Don't play the god game with me cause I misspelled Chronus/Saturn's dad's name. Trust me I know some about different gods. "

Too bad that I'm Greek, and not "smartazz", at all...You made the "did you miss the Eastern celebration"
comment. Wasn't that remark sarcastic in nature? And you, or anyone trying to inform me about Greek Gods (Olympians, or not) is quite laughable...You can hardly spell the names, or understand their meaning...You also name a single instance when Christ said that He and His Father are one and the same...To who was he talking to then when on the cross, he exclaimed "Ηλί, Ηλί, Λαμά Σαβαχθανί" ? Or the night of his capture, at the garden of Gethsemane "Άπελθε απ' εμου το ποτήριον τουτο" ? Himself, perhaps? I don't discredit your knowledge, but you going around with a mocking tone doesn't help you to being taken serious.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By AtPhantom
" Titans are gods as well.

"You likewise cannot say "Gods can die everywhere because they can die in Norse myths".

I believe this originated with someone saying that God, by definition, was beyond death. This is false.
Clearly, SoK killed the god in question. I made reference to the fact that numerous other gods in creation stories throughout comics, literature and real religions also face death. "
Granted.

@DaMainMan said:
" Who said I was being sarcastic smartazz? I pointed out that Gods death take more than one form. And didn't Jesus say he and the father are one? If you want to see the father etc. so it they're the same and he dies then ditto God died. A "
If they were both dying at the cross, then why would Jesus yell to his father that he has abandoned him? Jesus died as a mortal, God is eternal, end of story.

" AND all faith traditions have the death and rebirth scenario in them symbolized in the Heru/Asur story, Jesus raising in 3 days from the dead, Baldur returning from the dead, The phoenix which rises from it's own fiery ashes.  "
As pointed out, the Greek mythology has no rebirth scenario, unless you include the Dionysus story, which is of later date and is actually an adaptation of a Persian myth.

" Don't play the god game with me cause I misspelled Chronus/Saturn's dad's name. Trust me I know some about different gods. "
You misspelled Cronus' name too :P
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#84  Edited By castleking
what about Prometheus?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@castleking said:
" what about Prometheus? "
What about him?
DaMainMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By DaMainMan
@Morpheus_ said:
"@DaMainMan said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"@AtPhantom said:
Who said I was being sarcastic smartazz? I pointed out that Gods death take more than one form. And didn't Jesus say he and the father are one? If you want to see the father etc. so it they're the same and he dies then ditto God died. AND all faith traditions have the death and rebirth scenario in them symbolized in the Heru/Asur story, Jesus raising in 3 days from the dead, Baldur returning from the dead, The phoenix which rises from it's own fiery ashes. Don't play the god game with me cause I misspelled Chronus/Saturn's dad's name. Trust me I know some about different gods. "

Too bad that I'm Greek, and not "smartazz", at all...You made the "did you miss the Eastern celebration"
comment. Wasn't that remark sarcastic in nature? And you, or anyone trying to inform me about Greek Gods (Olympians, or not) is quite laughable...You can hardly spell the names, or understand their meaning...You also name a single instance when Christ said that He and His Father are one and the same...To who was he talking to then when on the cross, he exclaimed "Ηλί, Ηλί, Λαμά Σαβαχθανί" ? Or the night of his capture, at the garden of Gethsemane "Άπελθε απ' εμου το ποτήριον τουτο" ? Himself, perhaps? I don't discredit your knowledge, but you going around with a mocking tone doesn't help you to being taken serious."

Well Mr Greek let me tell you something about your gods. They are based off the stories of the Gods of other lands particularily Egypt. Why the Hell do you think Zues full title was Zues Amon (As in Amon Ra). Don't feel too foolish for not knowing, most of the world says Amin/ Amen/ Amon at the end of their prayers for the same reason. I was not being sarcastic maybe a lil light hearted cause it seems a bunch of stupid fanboys take their religion a lil to seriously? But not you right Clyde?
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Chaos Prime
@Nerx said:
" SOK , imagine a videogame one character is level 4000 (Manhattan) the other character has a cheat that enables him to do a one-hit-kill plus invulnerability.You do the logic "
In Mafia Wars its called a critical hit    ;-)
DaMainMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By DaMainMan
@Morpheus_:
p.s. Since we're best buds now and I'm helping you with your heritage. Did you know Hercules started off in Ethiopia? In fact the first part of his name is derived from Heru the son of Asur (the same guy that a lot of the Jesus story was ripped from). In our next lesson maybe I'll tell you about the Oracle of Delphi and why they were said to sing in voices of birds. Class dismissed.
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Chaos Prime

@Danmainman.Hercules was born on the island of Sicily which back then was part of the Greek empire.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By AtPhantom
@DaMainMan said:
" Well Mr Greek let me tell you something about your gods. They are based off the stories of the Gods of other lands particularily Egypt. Why the Hell do you think Zues full title was Zues Amon (As in Amon Ra).  "
Because the Greeks in the later years had a tendency to identify their gods with Gods of other religions as a sort of grand unification theory. this is known as the Hellenization movement.

@DaMainMan said:
" Don't feel too foolish for not knowing, most of the world says Amin/ Amen/ Amon at the end of their prayers for the same reason."
What are you talking about? Amen/Amin is a word of hebrew origin meaning "so be it", it has nothing to do with Amon the Egyptian deity. What you have pointed out is just a conjecture made by some rogue academics which has no support among scholars whatsoever.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@DaMainMan said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"@DaMainMan said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"@AtPhantom said:

comment. Wasn't that remark sarcastic in nature? And you, or anyone trying to inform me about Greek Gods (Olympians, or not) is quite laughable...You can hardly spell the names, or understand their meaning...You also name a single instance when Christ said that He and His Father are one and the same...To who was he talking to then when on the cross, he exclaimed "Ηλί, Ηλί, Λαμά Σαβαχθανί" ? Or the night of his capture, at the garden of Gethsemane "Άπελθε απ' εμου το ποτήριον τουτο" ? Himself, perhaps? I don't discredit your knowledge, but you going around with a mocking tone doesn't help you to being taken serious."

1) Well Mr Greek let me tell you something about your gods. They are based off the stories of the Gods of other lands particularily Egypt. Why the Hell do you think Zues full title was Zues Amon (As in Amon Ra). Don't feel too foolish for not knowing, most of the world says Amin/ Amen/ Amon at the end of their prayers for the same reason.
2) I was not being sarcastic maybe a lil light hearted
3)cause it seems a bunch of stupid fanboys take their religion a lil to seriously? But not you right Clyde? "

1) We are not conversing about origins of ancient religions, but rather, for the religions themselves.
So, congratulations, you told me something irrelevant to our conversation, to prove your "knowledge"...
2) I mistook your tone, then.
3 I do not take religion too seriously. I do not think myself as a "religious" man. That doesn't stop me from knowing things related to the subject, however. As it didn't stop me from correcting you, without you coming back with a proper response. And it sure didn't stop you from turning the conversation to a personal level; or rather, a personal attack. Even if I was "devoted to God, or a "stupid fanboy" it would still be irrelevant here.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By AtPhantom
@DaMainMan said:
" @Morpheus_: p.s. Since we're best buds now and I'm helping you with your heritage. Did you know Hercules started off in Ethiopia? In fact the first part of his name is derived from Heru the son of Asur (the same guy that a lot of the Jesus story was ripped from). In our next lesson maybe I'll tell you about the Oracle of Delphi and why they were said to sing in voices of birds. Class dismissed. "
Hercules is the roman version of the Greek name Heracles, which means Hera's glory.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@DaMainMan said:
" @Morpheus_: p.s. Since we're best buds now and I'm helping you with your heritage. Did you know Hercules started off in Ethiopia? In fact the first part of his name is derived from Heru the son of Asur (the same guy that a lot of the Jesus story was ripped from). In our next lesson maybe I'll tell you about the Oracle of Delphi and why they were said to sing in voices of birds. Class dismissed. "

No Caption Provided
Go on...You are proving my point spectacularly, while continuing to be off topic...
DaMainMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By DaMainMan
@AtPhantom said:
You misspelled Cronus' name too :P"
you mean too?
DaMainMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By DaMainMan
@AtPhantom said:
"@DaMainMan said:
" Well Mr Greek let me tell you something about your gods. They are based off the stories of the Gods of other lands particularily Egypt. Why the Hell do you think Zues full title was Zues Amon (As in Amon Ra).  "
Because the Greeks in the later years had a tendency to identify their gods with Gods of other religions as a sort of grand unification theory. this is known as the Hellenization movement.

@DaMainMan said:
" Don't feel too foolish for not knowing, most of the world says Amin/ Amen/ Amon at the end of their prayers for the same reason."
What are you talking about? Amen/Amin is a word of hebrew origin meaning "so be it", it has nothing to do with Amon the Egyptian deity. What you have pointed out is just a conjecture made by some rogue academics which has no support among scholars whatsoever."

Your ignorance is showing. Egypt is way older than Israel which was at times it's vassal. Do you not think it would be odd to end your prayers to your vengeful country destroying god by adding the chief god of your enslaver (so called). Do some research. What sense if the Greeks were trying to be universal, would it be to pick from the Egyptian/ Ethiopian pantheon? Maybe they knew something you don't?
Here's a thought put down your comic books for a bit (you can have them back so don't cry!) and read other books. Ivan Van Sertima is a great place to start. Also an excellent book is "Black Spark, White Fire" which really gives you insight of the development of Greece from it's Egyptian roots
p.s. Slick move editing your mistake in grammer when I pointed out. I don't care but I know you do.
p.ss. How bout Demeter/Persephone (too lazy to check the spelling) being a symbol of death and rebirth. You can't get more symbolic than going to live with the Lord of the Dead and having the world mourn til you return.

@Morpheus. How's about we stop now at no harm no foul and get back to the subject of the thread?
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By AtPhantom
@DaMainMan said:
"Your ignorance is showing. Egypt is way older than Israel which was at times it's vassal. Do you not think it would be odd to end your prayers to your vengeful country destroying god by adding the chief god of your enslaver (so called). Do some research.  "
WHAT??? On what level of reason does that make sense? You're saying it's odd that the Jews used the word Amen because it is tied to Amon, when you are the one who stated this in the first place.
You are taking two words which sound alike and trying to convince us they're related. Too bad the general scientific assembly doesn't agree with you.

@DaMainMan said:
"What sense if the Greeks were trying to be universal, would it be to pick from the Egyptian/ Ethiopian pantheon? Maybe they knew something you don't?
Because they had the greatest economic ties to the nations of eastern Mediterranean and respected Egypt as a civilization older than theirs. Besides, they did it with every near and middle eastern religion for your information. hence Rhea=Phyrgian Cybele, and so on.

@DaMainMan said:
"Here's a thought put down your comic books for a bit (you can have them back so don't cry!) and read other books. Ivan Van Sertima is a great place to start. Also an excellent book is "Black Spark, White Fire" which really gives you insight of the development of Greece from it's Egyptian roots. "
Ivan Van Sertima is also a guy who claimed that ancient africans made jorneys to America and has been heavily criticised for his pro african view-point, so I'm inclined not to take him seriously.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By King_Saturn
its a History lesson
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By AtPhantom
@DaMainMan said:
"p.s. Slick move editing your mistake in grammer when I pointed out. I don't care but I know you do. p.ss. How bout Demeter/Persephone (too lazy to check the spelling) being a symbol of death and rebirth. You can't get more symbolic than going to live with the Lord of the Dead and having the world mourn til you return. @Morpheus. How's about we stop now at no harm no foul and get back to the subject of the thread? "
Slick move? I repaired my post before you pointed out anything. Look at your own post, I can't edit your quote genius.

@DaMainMan said:
" You can't get more symbolic than going to live with the Lord of the Dead and having the world mourn til you return. @Morpheus. How's about we stop now at no harm no foul and get back to the subject of the thread? "
Actually dying might be nice, but yes that is d/r cycle myth.

DaMainMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By DaMainMan
@AtPhantom said:
"@DaMainMan said:
"Your ignorance is showing. Egypt is way older than Israel which was at times it's vassal. Do you not think it would be odd to end your prayers to your vengeful country destroying god by adding the chief god of your enslaver (so called). Do some research.  "
WHAT??? On what level of reason does that make sense? You're saying it's odd that the Jews used the word Amen because it is tied to Amon, when you are the one who stated this in the first place.
You are taking two words which sound alike and trying to convince us they're related. Too bad the general scientific assembly doesn't agree with you.

@DaMainMan said:
"What sense if the Greeks were trying to be universal, would it be to pick from the Egyptian/ Ethiopian pantheon? Maybe they knew something you don't?
Because they had the greatest economic ties to the nations of eastern Mediterranean and respected Egypt as a civilization older than theirs. Besides, they did it with every near and middle eastern religion for your information. hence Rhea=Phyrgian Cybele, and so on.

@DaMainMan said:
"Here's a thought put down your comic books for a bit (you can have them back so don't cry!) and read other books. Ivan Van Sertima is a great place to start. Also an excellent book is "Black Spark, White Fire" which really gives you insight of the development of Greece from it's Egyptian roots. "
Ivan Van Sertima is also a guy who claimed that ancient africans made jorneys to America and has been heavily criticised for his pro african view-point, so I'm inclined not to take him seriously."

Of course a racist establishment would resist anything that contradicts what it teaches. I personally could care less about what you take as your authorative guides. But the native cultures in the Americas are far older than what your establishment gives them credit for and they tell stories of Africans and what appears to have been whites visiting and interacting with them way before Columbus and the rest of savage Europe destroyed their way of life. They also carved incredibly detailed likeness of Africans. How would they do that without direct knowledge? (if that bothers you your going to positively hate the origins of Ireland and Great Britian, & China). I'm a bit bored with this exchange and I already know that you want research a damn thing I write. As a matter of fact my exchange started with Morpheus so how the hell did you even get in the mix? Go away, leave me alone and I'll glady do the same to you.
Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#100  Edited By Nerx
@Chaos Prime: Just like this pic XD

Imagine that but with Dr. Manhattan
Imagine that but with Dr. Manhattan