• 55 results
Avatar image for capitolpunishment
#1 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2483 posts) - - Show Bio

I have recently seen some heated discussion over the subject so I figured instead of derailing other threads we can discuss it here. In each scenario Doom and Thor have one week of preparation. Round one: Doom vs Regular Thor. Round two: Doom vs Odin force Thor. Round three: Doom vs Rune Thor. Neither can ask for outside help, they can however manipulate others. They can only use items that they have shown the ability to obtain for themselves. How would this go down?

#2 Posted by PikminMania (4770 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapitolPunishment: In one week of pure prep I think Doom could manipulate the FF into help make something to stop Thor.

#3 Posted by Void_Paladin (896 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't recall Thor doing anything with prep and he has no interest in manipulating others. With a week of prep, Doom will have a device of ultimate power and half of Marvel ready to take down Thor.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
#4 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor stomps unless Doom has prep.

#5 Posted by Fetts (6232 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Thor fight Dr. Doom somewhat recently? Like say a year or two ago? I remember I saw a comic book cover that showed that Thor was going to fight Doom but I never got my hands on it. If anybody knows what I'm talking about and has scans of the fight it would be appreciated. 

Anyways, Thor would win if Doom didn't have prep. But Doom does have prep and he should take this.

#6 Posted by Marvel_Rules (71 posts) - - Show Bio

thor wins all rounds

Avatar image for capitolpunishment
#7 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2483 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts: I think you are talking about Latverian Prometheus, here both Doom and Thor have one week of prep in each battle. @venomoushatred1001: They both have a week of prep in all three rounds.

#8 Posted by Deadcool (6943 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Thor wins against Doom with or without prep...

Avatar image for marvelrulestheworld
#9 Posted by MarvelRulesTheWorld (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor doesn't hold a ghost of a chance against Dr. Doom's magic.

#10 Posted by MyronLee26 (1172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

Thor wins against Doom with or without prep...

Dr.Doom has already beaten Thor before, but it was with prep though. But I agree with you, If Doom has no prep, he loses, BADLY.

#11 Posted by Deadcool (6943 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyronLee26 said:

Dr.Doom has already beaten Thor before, but it was with prep though. But I agree with you, If Doom has no prep, he loses, BADLY.

In which issue, Do you have scans? What let to Doom do that? Was it with Loki's help?

@MarvelRulesTheWorld said:

He fights Loki, and he is better than Doom in magic

#12 Posted by Falcor (130 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapitolPunishment said:

Round one: Doom vs Regular Thor.

Doom just might take the win by making better use of his prep time. I can see Thor winning as well but I think Doom is more likely to cook something up to get the victory.

Round two: Doom vs Odin force Thor.

Doom's in big trouble and is probably gonna lose this one.

Round three: Doom vs Rune Thor.

Doom is screwed.

#13 Posted by SteveRogers (422 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom w/p. Thor w/o prep

#14 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2042 posts) - - Show Bio
@Marvel_Rules

thor wins all rounds

no
#15 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanobomb1124 said:

@Marvel_Rules

thor wins all rounds

no

Yes. Thor has already beaten Doom with prep.

#16 Posted by super_psycho (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapitolPunishment: Actually that debate wasn't about Dr doom vs Thor..Someone said Thor can do anything Doom can with prep ..

If Thor wins it would be because of his powers not that he is better then Dr doom when it comes to prep..

If Dr doom wins it would because of Prep..

#17 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2042 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001

@thanobomb1124 said:

@Marvel_Rules

thor wins all rounds

no

Sir if doom has one week prep. thor would have no chance.
#18 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanobomb1124 said:

@venomoushatred1001

@thanobomb1124 said:

@Marvel_Rules

thor wins all rounds

no

Sir if doom has one week prep. thor would have no chance.

Doom would probably beat regular Thor. Odin Force Thor, I doubt would lose. And Doom would have no chance against RKT.

#19 Posted by MarvelRulesTheWorld (331 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool said:

@MyronLee26 said:

In which issue, Do you have scans? What let to Doom do that? Was it with Loki's help?

He fights Loki, and he is better than Doom in magic

LOL. You can't be serious.

Doom will destroy Loki in the arts of magic.
#20 Posted by MarvelRulesTheWorld (331 posts) - - Show Bio

One of Dr. Doom's photon shots can nullify Thor. 
If you want to use Rune King Thor, might as well use Beyonder Doom. 

#21 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

One of Dr. Doom's photon shots can nullify Thor.

No.

#22 Posted by Deadcool (6943 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL. You can't be serious.

I am dead serious, and that is Sorcerer Supreme Dr Doom, any magic user is more powerful as a Sorcerer Supreme, and Loki has been a Sorcerer Supreme too, also in that scan Dr Doom mentioned a Gem, if it was a Infinity Gem then Doom did nothing impresive in that scan, Loki's magic is greater than Doom's, and Thor has already DEFEATED Doom, his magic is nothing against the Maigic of Mjolnir....

#23 Posted by TifaLockhart (21077 posts) - - Show Bio

Dare I bring up Thor Annual '99?

#24 Posted by MarvelRulesTheWorld (331 posts) - - Show Bio

One of Dr. Doom's photon shots can nullify Thor.

No.

Read the last panel. See who's foot that is on top of Thor. 

That's a Doombot's foot. Doombot's have no magic and Thor was blasted once with a beam that was "more powerful" than Cosmic Spiderman's Uniblast. 

Furthermore. Thor fought the real Doom. And Doom once again, reverted Thor into Donald Blake.

But of course this is no surprise if Doom can do the same to Silver Surfer. 

@Deadcool said:

LOL. You can't be serious.

I am dead serious, and that is Sorcerer Supreme Dr Doom, any magic user is more powerful as a Sorcerer Supreme, and Loki has been a Sorcerer Supreme too, also in that scan Dr Doom mentioned a Gem, if it was a Infinity Gem then Doom did nothing impresive in that scan, Loki's magic is greater than Doom's, and Thor has already DEFEATED Doom, his magic is nothing against the Maigic of Mjolnir....

You misunderstand. Dr. Doom is second in magic to Dr. Strange so if you say that Mjolnir is more powerful than Doom, you are accepting that Dr. Strange is inferior to Thor too. But that's not true considering that the magical power of Dr. Strange/Dr.Doom possess is greater than Mjolnir.  

Why? 
Ask yourself if Odin or Mjolnir is stronger than the powers of an individual Extradimensional Deities. 
Now combined each of the Extradimensional Deities. 

Odin's power at maximum potential couldn't even lay a finger against one Extradimensional Deity. Heck, Odin is no match for Gaea and Gaea is leagues below the status of the Vishanti.  
But what really makes this argument eye tearing is the fact that some people think that Loki's power equals in terms to Odin's. 

Dr. Doom can summon the power of Trinity of the Ashes. 
Trinity of the Ashes = Vishanti = Faltine = Dormammu 
Each of these extradimensional forces are > Eternity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Odin >> Loki  

And what if Doom summon's the power of Cyttorak? 
Cyttorak >>> Vishanti/Trion/Faltine/Dormammu/Trinity of Ash/Seraphim/Zom 

Doom with his technology alone is enough to par himself with a full power Thor. In fact, with that power and his will and wits even without the magical invokes places him far above Thor. Placing Doom's magical aid will place him so far past Thor, it would be a joke.  

NOTE: Doom's character cherishes technology more because it allows him free will to choose his own destiny. It is rare that Doom invokes magical powers because he does not like praying to higher entities to grant him power. However, Doom has invoked before, and if Thor decided to find all Runes to over power Dr. Doom, what is it to stop Dr. Doom from invoking more powers from his own set of Principalities? What is it to stop Dr. Doom from siphoning the powers of Galactus or Beyonder if granted allowing Thor to become Rune King?  

You see? 
So either way, Dr. Doom wins this and the only way Dr. Doom looses is if the OP handicapped Dr. Doom or turn CIS ON against Doom.
#25 Posted by emperorznb (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom wins.

#26 Edited by D3athstroke (5113 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom stomps

Thor defeated doom but it was in Thors comics book which we all know is just idiotic

Avatar image for ancient_spirits_of_evil
#27 Posted by Ancient_Spirits_of_Evil (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Von Doom. 

Even Thanos of Titan is worrisome of Doom. Yessss.

#28 Edited by isaac_clarke (5991 posts) - - Show Bio

Depending on what plot devices Doom has at the time, he can take round one. If he fights Thor like he did previously pretending to pull an Iron Man by building himself a homemade destroyer, he gets destroyed again. Thor should win the latter two without any effort if he uses half a brain, hard to out prep someone with omniscience.

If he just goes to fight him via armor, he gets owned quick. Along with any Doombot(given that was what Doom had Thor fry to jump start his suit).

Edit: @MarvelRulesTheWorld: Dear god, holy out of context scans Batman!

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

@Ancient_Spirits_of_Evil: Because Doom's one of the few folks in Marvel that has come into possession of select plot devices to rob folks of their power, albeit if his own arrogance led to his downfall or select beings taking their power back.

#29 Posted by Boobster (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke: LOL at you saying about Doom's plot devices when Thor is a walking one.

#30 Posted by tron_bonne (2512 posts) - - Show Bio

Flawless Victor(y) Doom(tality)

#31 Posted by isaac_clarke (5991 posts) - - Show Bio

@Boobster said:

@isaac_clarke: LOL at you saying about Doom's plot devices when Thor is a walking one.

Oh that is true, don't get me wrong. Most characters in Thor's caliber tend to fit that bill. In Thor's case its usually that divine heritage or enchanted hammer that lets him overcome hurdles of all shapes and sizes. But that doesn't change that Doom has more than his fair share of plot tech and people in the same intellectual ballpark can create items out of the blue to save the day or accomplish ridiculous goals. Or in Doom's case even gather a horde of plot devices and jack divinity from some random bloke.

#32 Posted by tron_bonne (2512 posts) - - Show Bio
@isaac_clarke said: 

@Boobster said:

@isaac_clarke: LOL at you saying about Doom's plot devices when Thor is a walking one.

Oh that is true, don't get me wrong. Most characters in Thor's caliber tend to fit that bill. In Thor's case its usually that divine heritage or enchanted hammer that lets him overcome hurdles of all shapes and sizes. But that doesn't change that Doom has more than his fair share of plot tech and people in the same intellectual ballpark can create items out of the blue to save the day or accomplish ridiculous goals. Or in Doom's case even gather a horde of plot devices and jack divinity from some random bloke.

Dr. Doom doesn't have plot devices, because he is usually the antagonist with the bad luck (CIS) against plot induced characters such as the Fantastic Four. As comic rule, the Protagonist are the PIS while Antagonist are the CIS. If anything, when people like Thor defeat Dr. Doom; it's through PIS and Doom's bad luck.
#33 Posted by Boobster (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke said:

@Boobster said:

So it's up to whose plot device is stronger. I say a draw.

Avatar image for iamcoolathanyou
#34 Posted by IAmCoolaThanYou (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#35 Posted by IncredibleHulk (15 posts) - - Show Bio

BOW BEFORE THE THUNDER GOD!!!(Thor Wins)

#36 Posted by XiiX (13583 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom.

#37 Posted by Pokergeist (23177 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom. Crimson Bands of Cyttorak FTW.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
#38 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (10171 posts) - - Show Bio
@CadenceV2 said:

Doom. Crimson Bands of Cyttorak FTW.

yep
Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
#39 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3296 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

At least people watched his movie.

Avatar image for azathoth_the_dread_sleeper
#40 Posted by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (601 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Doom stomps

Round 2: Doom mega-stomps (Due to Odin Force being easily stolen by Doom as it also happened to Cosmic Hulk's powers while Doom was in standard armor. Doom would simply use that power against Thor which makes the victory even easier for him.)

Round 3: Unless Doom uses the same kind of PIS he used on the Beyonder, Rune King Thor would stomp.

Avatar image for doththouevenlift
#41 Posted by DothThouEvenLift (213 posts) - - Show Bio

If doom has enough prep he might win

Avatar image for hulksmashlittleman
#42 Posted by HULKSMASHLITTLEMAN (168 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr doom wins

#43 Posted by Noone301994 (22169 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor all rounds.

#44 Posted by uugieboogie (13023 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

Avatar image for youretooslow9001
#46 Posted by Youretooslow9001 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Doom first and second rounds. The third, whew, that's an ultra stomp in Thor's favor.

Crimson Bands of Cyttorak. Nuff Said.

#47 Posted by Makeroom4doom (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course virtually anything is possible for the fantastic 4,but add one Dr.Doom to the equation and I think they could all cook up something to possibly beat Thor, "maybe"

#49 Posted by Goldchamp101 (8760 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for rippedyungsavage
#50 Posted by Rippedyungsavage (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Dooms prep is so ridiculously over wanked that it isn't even funny.. His prep is conditional, and there has to be a certain circumstance in which something is in his favor to manipulate. He can't just sit down and decide he wants to steal someones power or take over the universe, there has to be a circumstance which won't always be an option. If that was the case then Dr. Doom would have been god a long long time ago..