Dr Doom vs Magneto (movie versions)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

No prep, standard gear, basic knowledge of each other, to the death. Battle takes place in the middle of an intersection between two large evacuated streets.

Who wins?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2 JediXMan  Moderator

Magneto stomps. What kind of question is this? A guy whose skin is completely covered in metal vs a guy who controls metal? Really?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By willpayton

@jedixman said:

Magneto stomps. What kind of question is this? A guy whose skin is completely covered in metal vs a guy who controls metal? Really?

While true, movie Magneto doesnt have the kind of control that comic book Magneto does. Movie Magneto cant snap his finders and instantly kill Doom... whatever he does will take time. That can make a big difference in a fight.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@willpayton said:

@jedixman said:

While true, movie Magneto doesnt have the kind of control that comic book Magneto does. Movie Magneto cant snap his finders and instantly kill Doom... whatever he does will take time. That can make a big difference in a fight.

Doom's only real advantage would be his energy projection capabilities. If Doom goes into the encounter knowing (this is being inferred from your parameters) that Magneto can manipulate metallic objects, I would say he has a clear cut idea of how to proceed: kill Magneto quickly before Lensher flattens him. Can he do it? I doubt it. Magneto seems to be able to "sense" or "smell" metal, per his own words from the film, so it stands to reason he has an insurmountable advantage over Doom. I think he would lay into Doom the moment he makes contact with him.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

• He can casually snap his fingers to control Wolverine.
  • He can casually snap his fingers and rip iron from a man who had "too much" in his blood (artificially added, but still a small amount of iron that is less than Doom)
  • Snatched the Black Bird out of the air as it fell to the Earth, repairing it in the process. He did not appear to have any trouble with this feat.
  • The lifted the Golden Gate bridge (read: almost 900 tons)
  • He easily changed the programing of a false Cerebro.
  • He tosses cars with ease.
  • He flipped a large armored truck.

Yes, he most certainly can instantly kill Doom. He's already manipulated heavier things than Doom. At the absolute least, he can immobilize Doom, preventing Doom from doing anything to defend himself and giving Magneto all the time in the world to do whatever he pleases.

There's no way Doom can win this.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

I like how JXM lists the 900 ton bridge-lifting feat, but finishes off with flipping armored trucks. :p

On a side note, how charged up is Doom going into the fight? In the first film, he takes about five to ten seconds of time just siphoning energy from nearby electrical devices. If he's forced to do that here (being at an intersection and all), what's stopping Magneto from just crushing him?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I like how JXM lists the 900 ton bridge-lifting feat, but finishes off with flipping armored trucks. :p

It was in order of when I recalled the feats :P

... except I remembered the Black Bird thing last, and for some reason I just tossed it in the middle.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like a mismatch to me, unless Doom had the Silver Surfers board he gets stomped

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JediXMan  Moderator

Seems like a mismatch to me, unless Doom had the Silver Surfers board he gets stomped

Wasn't the board actually metal in the movie? Couldn't he get knocked off rather easily?

That movie was so stupid. Even then, Magneto has a shot...

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

Wasn't the board actually metal in the movie? Couldn't he get knocked off rather easily?

That movie was so stupid. Even then, Magneto has a shot...

I can't assume it's metal, since it isn't of earth and all and there was nothing to sugest it was....I doubt Victor could get knocked off easily, since it took a lot for Johnny to even knock him out in the first place, he was pretty stuck to it. I agree the movie was pretty bad...Surfer got chumped by Reed so easily, no cosmic awareness to warn him or nothing....Magneto could possibly put up a fight against Doom Surfer, but I doubt he could win

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Unless Doom can get a shot in with his electricity, Magneto stomps.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people are forgetting that Doom had really good durability in the movie, and Magneto doesnt. All Doom needs is one bolt of electricity to take out Mags, and he doesnt have to point his hand at him or anything like that.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

@willpayton said:

@jedixman said:

Wasn't he flipping cars like they were extensions of his hands in X-Men 3? Everything Magneto ever did in the X-Men trilogy seemed pretty effortless from what I remember.

This is an interesting fight. The potential for a one shot is pretty much there for both sides, Doom's durability and speed makes or breaks the fight.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I think people are forgetting that Doom had really good durability in the movie, and Magneto doesnt. All Doom needs is one bolt of electricity to take out Mags, and he doesnt have to point his hand at him or anything like that.

How's he going to do that if Magneto just freezes him on the spot? He can be as durable as he wants; it won't stop him from being paralyzed. Nobody is saying that Magneto can crush him with objects; he can just crush him, period.

Magneto has very good reaction speed. He fired and caught a bullet at close range to prove a point. While he himself did fire it, the the fact that he caught it the way he did is a good feat.

dakkad00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto stomps, if you add in the feats done in First Class, then much more so (hello flying submarine feat).

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 the_stegman  Moderator

As Jedi mentioned

Guy that controls metal>>Guy covered in metal.