User Lists: 0

Can doctor doom normally do that? Avengers- thor

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Do we count feats from the prior films as well?

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, I wasn't planning on seeing f4 but I might make an exception...

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wow, I actually just want to see the movie just to see there take on Doom now.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

Wait, wait, wait...did he just make that guys head explode?? That's his power?? Just straight up killing people??

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

@bladewolf2: Wanda and Quicksilver too? Either way - Hulk and Thor

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wait, wait, wait...did he just make that guys head explode?? That's his power?? Just straight up killing people??

Allegedly his powers are telekinesis and elemental manipulation... -_-

TheValiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:
@the_stegman said:

Allegedly his powers are telekinesis and elemental manipulation... -_-

That deserves a -_- face if anything ever did...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm seeing this tonight, I'll let you know what I think. I know the movie is supposed to be garbage but I'm a huge FF fan so I have to see this regardless ;P

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rag_man: yeah i was going to boycott but the effects at least look good. Im curious how it will be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rag_man: yeah i was going to boycott but the effects at least look good. Im curious how it will be

I don't mean to sound rude, but a comic book movie could upset you so much to the point of boycotting?

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:
@nerdchore said:

I don't mean to sound rude, but a comic book movie could upset you so much to the point of boycotting?

No he's actually right, judging from early reviews it's not just supposed to be a bad superhero movie but a terrible movie period. if your at all particular of what you spend your money on at the movies, because there are much better options out there right now, I wouldn't advise seeing it unless you have to.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rag_man said:
@shiryu said:
@nerdchore said:

No he's actually right, judging from early reviews it's not just supposed to be a bad superhero movie but a terrible movie period. if your at all particular of what you spend your money on at the movies, because there are much better options out there right now, I wouldn't advise seeing it unless you have to.

I agree it looks awful, but boycotting the movie seems like a very extreme course of action.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

So Doom has Chronicle powers?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zeezee123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Fox's Doom sucks, so Avengers win

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: well it was for a multitude of reasons. But yeahbif i think the maKing of a "comic book" movie are terrible and not worth watching then id boycoot it. I would have done the same with daredevil movie too. Still havent seen green lantern.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will judge this fight in a few hours.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: And, uh... make sure you give a little spoiler as to what Sue can do also... ;)

@nerdchore: Well, I have to say I salute your passion.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:

@uugieboogie: And, uh... make sure you give a little spoiler as to what Sue can do also... ;)

Lol gotcha, I hear they're all pretty powerful though.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rag_man

JUST SAW IT!!

And I gotta say it's not NEARLY as bad as people and reviewers are saying! I liked it, of course keep in mind I'm a FF fan so I'm into anything FF. I thought it was MILES better than the cheesy last FF movies. I thought this retelling, although different, still captured the essence of the the FF. As for quality; for some reason that movie Insurgent springs to mind, not mind blowing but not bad either. I thought the acting and chemistry was good between the characters.

Now to answer the OP, warningmay have SPOILERS!!!!!!!...

Yes Doom basically has Chronicle powers... Force shield that can block machine gun fire with ease and can blow off peoples heads seemingly just by looking at them. He also has considerable telekinetic powers; ripping through walls and manipulating boulders, rocks, etc as well as just sheer crushing force.

Individually DOOM has the power to subdue each member of the FF fairly easily, but his weakness is he seems to have to concentrate on one at a time, possibly because he was also using a considerable amount of his power to help open the gate between worlds too. By this logic I think he could handle one Avenger at a time but I doubt he could all at once, particularly in a synchronized attack. That said, all the characters in the movie are still pretty fledgling, possible with more experience and mastery of his power and prep ( he is a young genius) he could maybe take all the Avengers at once.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0c8d423f980
deactivated-5a0c8d423f980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda has Telkinesis, maybe she could idk try to nullify or cancel out his. His was pretty strong but I mean she bended vibranium so...

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rag_man said:

I'm seeing this tonight, I'll let you know what I think. I know the movie is supposed to be garbage but I'm a huge FF fan so I have to see this regardless ;P

dont forget to tell me how the movie was.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rag_man: I don't think his shields are strong enough to withstand Mjolnir or Hulk. No to mention Wanda also TK and she also has TP. From what I saw he does has to focus on a certain person which leaves open to attack from another Avenger. If Vision is in this fight I don't see why he can't phase through his shield and I don't think Doom was strong enough to damage vibrainium. And in AoU combine power from Vision, Thor and Iron Man melted vibrainium. I don't see Doom taking MCU Avengers.

SN: The movie wasn't bad I just hated how Thing looked and sound like his voice really bothered me lol.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Its not bad the only real thing that bugged me as Thing lol. It was enjoyable it's not as good as DoFP or the top MCU movies.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Its not bad the only real thing that bugged me as Thing lol. It was enjoyable it's not as good as DoFP or the top MCU movies.

what was it about thing you didnt like? also was thing naked throughout the whole movie?

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Rag_man

@uugieboogie: Yeah I tend to agree. He is not ready for Avengers as is, Avengers just have too many weapons, maybe in time and with prep, as Doom normally operates with a "master plan" anyway.

I thought the movie was quite good, WAAAAAY better than I expected, I keep waiting for it to suck but I left feeling satisfied. I thought the characterizations of all the members were spot on and the acting very good. Thing I thought was bad ass! His voice IS in fact modulated in the movie. I would easily see a sequel if they did one.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: The way he looks just didn't sit well with me, he just looks off. The worse part is his voice though it's annoying lol. My gf (who isn't into comics but likes the movies because she's an action junky) kind of fell asleep during the movie lol. I may be subjective because I'm a bit of a comic nerd lol but a lot of ppl didn't like it and I just checked and the reviews are actually getting worse.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rag_man: Did you like the movie as a whole?

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Yeah I really, really did I must say. So not deserving of the all the hate it got. It's no Avengers but I thought the story was solid enough and the acting and charter portrayals were spot on. It's definitely more of a slower paced character driven, science fiction type movie...I might even compare it to Star Trek (the older ones) to MCU being more like Star Wars.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rag_man: IMO it seemed more like a sifi movie than an action CBM. The character development was poorly done though and they seemed like strangers to one another.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eww how could you like that movie? This is why we can't get nice things. Anyways, Avengers stomp. At least 4 or 5 of them solo

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

avengers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Really, almost everyone said the CGI was crap...I'm gonna watch it so I can give a review, but that's the only reason.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Rag_man

@lukehero said:
@nerdchore said:

Really, almost everyone said the CGI was crap...I'm gonna watch it so I can give a review, but that's the only reason.

Yes, the SFX can be alittle spotty at times, but wasn't enough to take me out of the movie and certainly not as bad as some have claimed. Keep in mind too there is a pretty good deal of SFX and 2 character are basically ALL SFX, Thing and Torch who look pretty damn good for the most part and take alot of screen time, ya figure thats gotta drain a good deal of the budget for lesser things. Thing looked awesome, Torch looked great but less so when he was flying. Overall I thought the SFX were good.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: i thought they looked decent in the previews but meh... ill probably watch it at some point not in the theaters

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@rag_man: How long does it take for them to get their powers, people were claiming it takes 45 mins?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Doom was really powerful, he was awesome, definitely the best thing of the movie.......individually he could probably beat all members of The Avengers (except for Vision) but as a team, they win.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom was really powerful, he was awesome, definitely the best thing of the movie.......individually he could probably beat all members of The Avengers (except for Vision) but as a team, they win.

Monte-Cristo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom was powerful, but i didn't see anything he did that would permanently put down the Hulk and Thor except that thing where he makes people's heads explode. I have no idea what that actually is, so i'm not sure if he can effectively use it on metas. But I still think all of the Avengers would overwhelm him anyway seeing as how the Fantastic Four did.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nwname  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What did Sue do?

Thunderbol2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Thunderbol2

He is no longer Dr. Doom...... He is now just DOOM his internet handle.... but really that is what the new movie is doing.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom was powerful, but i didn't see anything he did that would permanently put down the Hulk and Thor except that thing where he makes people's heads explode. I have no idea what that actually is, so i'm not sure if he can effectively use it on metas. But I still think all of the Avengers would overwhelm him anyway seeing as how the Fantastic Four did.

Doom subdued all the FF in seconds while still expending a good deal of his power keeping the gate between worlds open. The Thing ripped apart modern tanks and chucked around a HUGE boulder (larger than the one Kurse threw) like it was nothing yet Doom totally incapacitated him with ease. If Doom was able to focus his concentration on ONE enemy I feel he'd be more than a match for Hulk or Thor one-on-one. Any more than 3 Avengers at once Doom would get wrecked though.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom was pretty powerful in the movie, with his telekinetic powers. As a team, he'd probably end up losing against the Avengers, but he'd do some damage. That's for certain.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

mcu