#1 Edited by XiiX (13583 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Dormammu VS Neron

-1st Round is in a neutral dimension.

-2nd Round is in a neutral dimension, but they are able to draw power from their native realms.

-Both are bloodlusted

-Win is by any means.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
#2 Posted by deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0 (11360 posts) - - Show Bio

Neron

#3 Posted by Magethor (1128 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu.

Why?

Dark Dimension is the LARGEST Splinter Realm in Marvel comics. Mephisto's realm is like a "Mouse in a great temple" near it, so if Neron's realm is Hell and Hell is equal the size of Mephisto's then Neron's origin of drawing energy is much smaller than Dormammu's.

Keep in mind, I said "SPLINTER REALM". Dormammu's splinter realm is the largest. By all means not the largest realm in general. There are larger realms such as the realms in the Extradimension ie: Beyonder Realm, Crimson Cosmos, Raggaddorr, Chaos Dimension.

#4 Posted by Magethor (1128 posts) - - Show Bio

BFR is the only way to beat Dormammu also, so disabling BFR means Dormammu wins by default.

#5 Edited by XiiX (13583 posts) - - Show Bio

@Magethor: The "Mouse in a great temple" comment was applied to Mephisto(and Satannish, I believe) in Shuma-Gorath's realm.

#6 Posted by Magethor (1128 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX said:

@Magethor: The "Mouse in a great temple" comment was applied to Mephisto in Shuma-Gorath's realm.

I know, and Dormammu is somewhere below Shuma.

• Shuma's realm is larger than Dormammu's (It's an extra Dimensional Realm)
  • However, Dormammu's realm is the LARGEST Splinter Inner dimensional realm.
  • Dormammu's realm is the largest realm in sub-space. Almost equal the size of the smallest Extra Dimensional realm

Go here.

http://www.marvunapp.com/ohotmu/appendixes/mdapp.htm

Scroll down to Dark Dimension: It reads, "Before the Original Splinter Realm was shattered into many pieces, the largest piece became known as The Dark Dimension"

#7 Posted by XiiX (13583 posts) - - Show Bio

@Magethor: Interesting. Thanks for the info.

#8 Posted by Magethor (1128 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX: Then let's make it, "A Cat in a great temple". ;p

#9 Posted by XiiX (13583 posts) - - Show Bio

@Magethor: Hahaha, I thought the same thing.

#10 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu.

#11 Posted by Bo88gdan (5453 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu

#12 Posted by Stronger (5051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bo88gdan said:

Dormammu

#13 Posted by XiiX (13583 posts) - - Show Bio

1up.

#14 Edited by Sy8000 (35227 posts) - - Show Bio

Neron

Avatar image for galan_destroyer
#15 Posted by Galan_Destroyer (914 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5c522ab96172e
#16 Edited by deactivated-5c522ab96172e (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu, quite easily at that(Mephisto is much more of a match).

Aside from one feat against the Spectre(Which doesn't mean much as Dormmy has done something similar against the likes of opponents not that far below such as the Vishanti and Shuma while was even weakened/in inferior forms, so that doesn't translate in being necessarily more powerful than them on-average), Dormammu has much more and much better feats.

#17 Posted by briancolding (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormamu

#18 Posted by Supermanthor (18992 posts) - - Show Bio

Doormammu

#19 Posted by TifaLockhart (21111 posts) - - Show Bio

Post-Retcon Neron doesn't stand a chance against Dormammu.

Avatar image for madscientist224
#20 Posted by Madscientist224 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

Cut off faltine flames, cut off most of dormy's power source. Done deal.

#21 Edited by deactivated-5c522ab96172e (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@madscientist224 said:

Cut off faltine flames, cut off most of dormy's power source. Done deal.

That strategy won't work at all. First off, Dormammu IS the flames themselves and that already means you can't simply cut his connection to it. The only way to do it would be like when Magik's Limbo started to destroy the Dark Dimension itself or calling some other Hell-Lords to help him accomplish that feat as Mephisto did(Which was still under some specific circumstances either way), but Neron doesn't have the luxury and maybe even the power to accomplish that.

#22 Posted by Madscientist224 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

@andromeda101: I knew it happened in hellcat and I thought strange did it once, didn't remember magik and limbo doing it, but I'd think on neutral ground Neron can act quick enough to change tgd environment to not support the faltine flames.

#23 Posted by SmoothSanta (2357 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormy

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#24 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7567 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu.

#25 Posted by Motifian (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

Neron. Easily.

#26 Edited by deactivated-5c522ab96172e (2388 posts) - - Show Bio
@madscientist224 said:

: I knew it happened in hellcat and I thought strange did it once, didn't remember magik and limbo doing it, but I'd think on neutral ground Neron can act quick enough to change tgd environment to not support the faltine flames.

And it only happened because at the moment when Dormammu conquered Mephisto's dimension, his flames were connected to that of Hell's...Hence why they froze the Hades in the first place during Hellcat#3. Neron can't do what you're proposing for many reasons. For starters, I know you're getting that info from The All-New Handbook of the Marvel Universe(2007)#3, which's not something only contradicted even by the old OHOTMU's but also lacks any concrete evidence in any of the canon comics to support the statement as being valid. Another thing is the fact of how we don't even know which dimensions are these and what are their nature, so saying that Neron will then be instantly capable of knowing such thing and change the environment based on an unknown/shaded/dubious/contradicted information is straight up bullshit IMO(Especially because even if it happens, Dormammu can always call upon his powers back directly from the Dark Dimension in other dimensions as shown in DSSS#23).

#27 Posted by Batvibe12 (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu.

#28 Posted by Supermanthor (18992 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Madscientist224 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

@andromeda101: the all new ohotmu kinda trumps the old one, but either way, I'd think they both would gain a great deal of knowledge upon their opponent upon first happening on each other, I'd just give it to Neron for environmental manip honestly, though dsss #23 is a good counter point. Lol. Wasn't that where ds called shuma gorath for help?

#30 Posted by deactivated-5c522ab96172e (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@madscientist224 said:

the all new ohotmu kinda trumps the old one, but either way, I'd think they both would gain a great deal of knowledge upon their opponent upon first happening on each other, I'd just give it to Neron for environmental manip honestly, though dsss #23 is a good counter point. Lol. Wasn't that where ds called shuma gorath for help?

Not when the new one doesn't have any substantial proof of its words even more than a decade later, which's why the old ones mean more in this case. Are we now going to pretend Dormammu all of sudden and for no reason got a new weakness that was never portrayed in any comics or whatsoever? We really shouldn't take guidebooks and handbooks as the undeniable and infallible sources, friend. I don't see why Neron would take even with the environmental manipulation for the reasons above, even when without the Faltine flames, Dormammu still had crazy feats such as absorbing entire universes/realities with Umar in his backstory's flashbacks during DSSS#22 and Doctor Strange, Master of the Mystic Arts#71 after all. And nope, DSSS#23(Or Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme) is when Dormammu returned after his defeat during that volume's first issues.

#31 Posted by Madscientist224 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

@andromeda101: okay, I have to go look up dr strange issues now. Lmao. And I'd agree on some points, but, off hand, new and updated takes precedence....and the stuff with Umar would be a shared feat, unless I'm missing something. But I digress.

I'll admit to some unfamiliarity with some of Dormammu's showings, but I still feel Neron on his own takes it by a slim margin.

#32 Posted by deactivated-5c522ab96172e (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

okay, I have to go look up dr strange issues now. Lmao. And I'd agree on some points, but, off hand, new and updated takes precedence....and the stuff with Umar would be a shared feat, unless I'm missing something. But I digress.

I'll admit to some unfamiliarity with some of Dormammu's showings, but I still feel Neron on his own takes it by a slim margin.

No problem. One thing is a retcon or "updated" that's indeed shown, in any form at least, in the comics and another is an unsubstantiated statement without any concrete backup in more than a decade of comics like this one...So no, I don't think it takes precedence if we go both by a logical thinking and the points I made above. Even then, if you want another reason of why it's not a trustable source, Marvel- Absolutely Everything You Need to Know is the most recent official guidebook regarding info about Dormammu and still doesn't even mention said weakness in the very section about those sort of things. Yes, it's a shared feat, but is still one that I don't see Neron replicating it regardless.

Each with their own opinion, but for me, Neron gets stomped almost as hard as Mephisto got back in Hellcat.

#33 Posted by Helloman (29755 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu wins.

#34 Posted by JOVIOLMA (6088 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu.