#1 Posted by E-Rock (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Zarathos Ghost Rider takes on Doomsday on a desert island on Earth. No outside interference. Can the Spirit of Vengeance take down the being that defeated Superman?

#2 Posted by adamTRMM (5264 posts) - - Show Bio

Zarathos of course.

#3 Posted by samconery (1448 posts) - - Show Bio

Zarathos by a mile

#4 Posted by E-Rock (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: Of course? So what if it was regular Ghost Rider fighting him?

#5 Posted by E-Rock (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@samconery: Why by a mile? So is Zarathos a mile past Superman?

#6 Edited by samconery (1448 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by E-Rock (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@samconery: What if it was regular Ghost Rider? Let's say Dan Ketch.

#8 Posted by MisoSoup (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday. Zarathos is overrated.

Avatar image for themultiversity
#9 Posted by TheMultiversity (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

Zarathos

#10 Posted by samconery (1448 posts) - - Show Bio

@e-rock: Doomsday has no way of hurting him. And GR can. So i think GR wins. But if a second fight happens things might change a bit but i don't know who will win.

#11 Posted by decaf_wizard (9328 posts) - - Show Bio

zarathos

Avatar image for manmadeofketchup
#12 Edited by ManMadeOfKetchup (841 posts) - - Show Bio

@misosoup said:

Doomsday. Zarathos is overrated.

Just because Zarathos is powerful doesn't mean he's overrated. Besides, I doubt you know what being overrated means to begin with.

@e-rock There is no "regular" Ghost Rider, what I think you're referring to is when the host is in control and when the spirit is in control. Zarathos is above guys like Superman..His rampage in the Uncanny Avengers Annual shows how dangerous of a threat he is

No Caption Provided

Blows from guys like Thor don't even phase him..All Doomsday would be doing is pissing him off. Even if Doomsday were to evolve, I can't see him hurting Ghost Rider in any way as he lacks heavenly weapons. I'd gander even Robbie's Ghost Rider could succeed as he's been getting more powerful as of late. The only thing that could probably happen is if one of the Riders killed Doomsday but then got infected by the DD virus when out of their transformed state similar to how Superman got infected in the Superman Doomed storyline.

#13 Posted by green_skaar (9893 posts) - - Show Bio

Zarthos

#14 Posted by MisoSoup (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@manmadeofketchup: I mean that he is perceived a lot more powerful than he really is. This is the case.

#15 Posted by adamTRMM (5264 posts) - - Show Bio
@e-rock said:

@adamtrmm: Of course? So what if it was regular Ghost Rider fighting him?

Without Zarathos "driving" GR is a lot weaker, he was pretty useless against WWH so I doubt it'll be a good match still.

#16 Posted by ManMadeOfKetchup (841 posts) - - Show Bio

@misosoup said:

@manmadeofketchup: I mean that he is perceived a lot more powerful than he really is. This is the case.

No, he's really not. Zarathos has had his power stated more than once in Ghost Rider's comics, not to mention after the whole Jason Aaron run pretty much made Ghost Rider like the Old Testament God power..To call Zarathos overrated is silly. Doomsday doesn't win just because you think Zarathos is overrated, feats easily debunk you if you think such.

@adamtrmm Blaze isn't weak if he's in control, yes he's not as powerful as Zarathos but that WWH fight was long before the Zadkiel run was in full effect with him doing things like making hellfire rain from the sky, standing up to Ketch's rider after he had absorbed multiple other riders, and so on. Even if Zarathos isn't in control, there's not much Doomsday could do to him. If he knocked him out then Zarathos would take control regardless. The only way Doomsday would win is if he could knock Blaze out of GR form and kill him, though that's easier said than done

#17 Posted by MisoSoup (138 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he's really not. Zarathos has had his power stated more than once in Ghost Rider's comics, not to mention after the whole Jason Aaron run pretty much made Ghost Rider like the Old Testament God power..To call Zarathos overrated is silly.

Zarathos and Ghost Rider stats are exactly the same. The guy is barely a ten tonner. The only thing impressive in GR is his durability which isn't a factor here.

He can't beat Doomsday and DD can crush him.

Doomsday doesn't win just because you think Zarathos is overrated, feats easily debunk you if you think such.

Feats doesn't put GR in the same ballpark than the Superman-level characters. Far from that.

#18 Posted by GoldCreole (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Zarathos with ease.

#19 Posted by lettsplay10 (20040 posts) - - Show Bio

Zarathos

#20 Posted by ManMadeOfKetchup (841 posts) - - Show Bio

@misosoup said:

No, he's really not. Zarathos has had his power stated more than once in Ghost Rider's comics, not to mention after the whole Jason Aaron run pretty much made Ghost Rider like the Old Testament God power..To call Zarathos overrated is silly.

Zarathos and Ghost Rider stats are exactly the same. The guy is barely a ten tonner. The only thing impressive in GR is his durability which isn't a factor here.

He can't beat Doomsday and DD can crush him.

Doomsday doesn't win just because you think Zarathos is overrated, feats easily debunk you if you think such.

Feats doesn't put GR in the same ballpark than the Superman-level characters. Far from that.

Yeahhhh you definitely don't know anything about Ghost Rider. LOL only thing that's impressive?

No Caption Provided

My comp crashed for some reason when I tried to post these so I'll post the links instead

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114711/4618860-3936021-3073447408-hu9k..jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114711/4618861-3936022-3213978978-hu9m..jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/147508/4690714-sv+gr+vs+avengers+%231+(4).png

Feats most definitely puts Ghost Rider above them, or did you purposely ignore where I posted Thor not phasing Zarathos? Strength isn't everything. Doomsday doesn't win just because you want him to, nothing DD could do would hurt Ghost Rider.

#21 Posted by MisoSoup (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeahhhh you definitely don't know anything about Ghost Rider. LOL only thing that's impressive?

You aren't in position to quantify my knowledge.

No Caption Provided

Because Zadkiel isn't in position to destroy a Ghost Rider then no one can ?

That's a blatant "no limit fallacy".

By your logic Zeus or Odin can't destroy a Ghost Rider too then ?

My comp crashed for some reason when I tried to post these so I'll post the links instead

Your computer was probably trying to tell you something. You should have looked at the signs.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114711/4618860-3936021-3073447408-hu9k..jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114711/4618861-3936022-3213978978-hu9m..jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/147508/4690714-sv+gr+vs+avengers+%231+(4).png

HAHAHAHA ! Excellent !!!

Because Thor lose to GR then Doosmday too ?

That's some fishy ABC logic I don't subscribe to.

Feats most definitely puts Ghost Rider above them,

Being wrecked by characters like Venom put GR above Doomsday ? :D

or did you purposely ignore where I posted Thor not phasing Zarathos?

Nice for him. Really.

Strength isn't everything. Doomsday doesn't win just because you want him to, nothing DD could do would hurt Ghost Rider.

DD wins because he outclasses GR in every categories and because GR lose on a daily basis to character weaker than DD.

#22 Edited by ManMadeOfKetchup (841 posts) - - Show Bio

@misosoup said:

You aren't in position to quantify my knowledge.

Because Zadkiel isn't in position to destroy a Ghost Rider then no one can ?

That's a blatant "no limit fallacy".

By your logic Zeus or Odin can't destroy a Ghost Rider too then ?

Your computer was probably trying to tell you something. You should have looked at the signs.

HAHAHAHA ! Excellent !!!

Because Thor lose to GR then Doosmday too ?

That's some fishy ABC logic I don't subscribe to.

Feats most definitely puts Ghost Rider above them,

Being wrecked by characters like Venom put GR above Doomsday ? :D

or did you purposely ignore where I posted Thor not phasing Zarathos?

Nice for him. Really.

Strength isn't everything. Doomsday doesn't win just because you want him to, nothing DD could do would hurt Ghost Rider.

DD wins because he outclasses GR in every categories and because GR lose on a daily basis to character weaker than DD.

Thor can hurt Galactus..Yet you want to downplay him not phasing Ghost Rider, yeah ok. Yeah you don't subscribe to it because you have faulty logic that is easily countered. Ghost Rider's never been beaten by Venom, if you're referring to the Thunderbolts book then you are citing PIS and bad writing as an argument..You should concede now if that's the case. Do you need to be flagged for trolling? All characters lose to characters weaker than them, nobody wants to read about someone who's unstoppable though just because they lose to someone weaker doesn't always mean it's believable. Darkseid got mugged once, Thanos got beaten by a kid with the cosmic cube, and more. All I see you doing is making poor attempts at trying to lowball Ghost Rider. Doomsday doesn't outclass GR in anything and you've provided no evidence to support anything you've had to say. I'm still waiting on you to give a single reason as to how Doomsday could even hurt Ghost Rider.

But hey, go ahead and keep on thinking Doomsday wins..You're in the minority

#23 Posted by samconery (1448 posts) - - Show Bio

@manmadeofketchup:

You joking? There are more zarathos supporters than DD

#24 Edited by ManMadeOfKetchup (841 posts) - - Show Bio

@samconery said:

@manmadeofketchup:

You joking? There are more zarathos supporters than DD

Uhh yeah? That's the point of why I said that. He's in the minority of thinking that DD would win because he's really the only person who votes for him in this matchup ha

Avatar image for thepunisherguns
#25 Posted by ThePunisherGuns (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Zarathos win

#26 Posted by samconery (1448 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by MisoSoup (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor can hurt Galactus..Yet you want to downplay him not phasing Ghost Rider, yeah ok.

More specifically, Mjolnir can hurt Galactus or "everyone" can hurt a starving Galactus.

Yeah you don't subscribe to it because you have faulty logic that is easily countered.

Sure, you are overestimating Zarathos and my logic is faulty.

Ghost Rider's never been beaten by Venom,

Ghost Rider/Blaze: Spirits of Vengeance (1992)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Venom beg to differ. :D

if you're referring to the Thunderbolts book then you are citing PIS and bad writing as an argument..

Sure. Your favourite character losing is only due to the plot, right ?

You should concede now if that's the case. Do you need to be flagged for trolling?

You can't show feats from Ghost Rider putting him at the same level so you are poorly trying to win the argument via intimidation ?

Learn to debate and understand what you are arguing for in the first place.

All characters lose to characters weaker than them, nobody wants to read about someone who's unstoppable though just because they lose to someone weaker doesn't always mean it's believable.

Yeah sure.

Show me Doomsday losing to a character "as weak as venom" in the first place and then you will have the right to say something about.

Darkseid got mugged once,

Darkseid only lost in in direct physical confrontation to Superman and Doomsday.

Did Thanos lost to Ghost Rider or Zarathos ? Never.

Thanos got beaten by a kid with the cosmic cube, and more.

It is one of the rare case where the writer didn't know what he was doing with the characters.

At least that's backed-up by officials, your story about GR losing to weaklings and being PIS exist only in your head.

No Caption Provided

"[Larry Lieber] was told to use Thanos and had no idea who he was and just treated him like another Spider villain."

All I see you doing is making poor attempts at trying to lowball Ghost Rider.

Quoting feats of a character losing isn't lowballing.

Most of Ghost Rider foes are street-leveler. LOL

Doomsday doesn't outclass GR in anything and you've provided no evidence to support anything you've had to say.

Oh really ? See above.

GR get his ass handed by 20 tonners.

Doomsday one-shots 20 tonners.

I'm still waiting on you to give a single reason as to how Doomsday could even hurt Ghost Rider.

He is consistently hurt by weaker attacks than Doomsday's punches. That's enough of a reason.

The totally invulnerable version of GR only exist in your head.

LOL

Appeal to popularity, now ?

You are officially the worse debater of this thread.

#28 Edited by Pipxeroth (5893 posts) - - Show Bio

^lol

Ghost Rider stomps

#29 Posted by SPYDA-MAN (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't doomsday win by bfr? Or is this strictly to the death?

#30 Posted by JBob (159 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rider burns up DD.

#31 Edited by ManMadeOfKetchup (841 posts) - - Show Bio

@misosoup said:

Thor can hurt Galactus..Yet you want to downplay him not phasing Ghost Rider, yeah ok.

More specifically, Mjolnir can hurt Galactus or "everyone" can hurt a starving Galactus.

Yeah you don't subscribe to it because you have faulty logic that is easily countered.

Sure, you are overestimating Zarathos and my logic is faulty.

Ghost Rider's never been beaten by Venom,

Ghost Rider/Blaze: Spirits of Vengeance (1992)

Venom beg to differ. :D

if you're referring to the Thunderbolts book then you are citing PIS and bad writing as an argument..

Sure. Your favourite character losing is only due to the plot, right ?

You should concede now if that's the case. Do you need to be flagged for trolling?

You can't show feats from Ghost Rider putting him at the same level so you are poorly trying to win the argument via intimidation ?

Learn to debate and understand what you are arguing for in the first place.

All characters lose to characters weaker than them, nobody wants to read about someone who's unstoppable though just because they lose to someone weaker doesn't always mean it's believable.

Yeah sure.

Show me Doomsday losing to a character "as weak as venom" in the first place and then you will have the right to say something about.

Darkseid got mugged once,

Darkseid only lost in in direct physical confrontation to Superman and Doomsday.

Did Thanos lost to Ghost Rider or Zarathos ? Never.

Thanos got beaten by a kid with the cosmic cube, and more.

It is one of the rare case where the writer didn't know what he was doing with the characters.

At least that's backed-up by officials, your story about GR losing to weaklings and being PIS exist only in your head.

No Caption Provided

"[Larry Lieber] was told to use Thanos and had no idea who he was and just treated him like another Spider villain."

All I see you doing is making poor attempts at trying to lowball Ghost Rider.

Quoting feats of a character losing isn't lowballing.

Most of Ghost Rider foes are street-leveler. LOL

Doomsday doesn't outclass GR in anything and you've provided no evidence to support anything you've had to say.

Oh really ? See above.

GR get his ass handed by 20 tonners.

Doomsday one-shots 20 tonners.

I'm still waiting on you to give a single reason as to how Doomsday could even hurt Ghost Rider.

He is consistently hurt by weaker attacks than Doomsday's punches. That's enough of a reason.

The totally invulnerable version of GR only exist in your head.

LOL

Appeal to popularity, now ?

You are officially the worse debater of this thread.

Rofl, the Penance Stare having a chain reaction isn't beating Ghost Rider you lowballer. What's funny is you try to use Venom to downgrade Ghost Rider..Venom's not weak, so don't know what you're trying to imply other than you're trolling. That's also not Blaze or Zarathos, that's Danny Ketch's Ghost Rider. Quoting plot induced stupidity and bad writing of a character losing is indeed lowballing. Most of Ghost Rider's foes are street level?

Hey guys, apparently Zadkiel who took succeeded where Satan failed in taking over Heaven, Satan who tried to come back in Vicious Cycle and tried to take over/destroy the Earth, plenty of angels, demons, and hell lords Ghost Rider has faced, Zarathos stomping the Avengers, and more are all street level according to Miso! Rofl! "Consistently hurt by weaker attacks"..No he's not

No Caption Provided

Zarathos heals nearly instantly from anything thrown at him, not to mention all the evidence I provided from the Uncanny Avengers Annual. Nah, I think you have me confused with yourself. You are the only one who is terrible at debating it, which was known long before this when your reasoning that Ghost Rider wins is because Zarathos is "overrated." If you actually knew what that word meant, you'd know that you're the one overrating Doomsday. Although Alejandra was amped up in this scenario, the concept of the rider feeding on vengeance has been seen more than once

No Caption Provided

Considering how much Doomsday has killed, all he's going to do is supercharge Zarathos just by being in his presence. Appeal to popularity? Has nothing to do with popularity, it has to do actually know both characters which obviously isn't you. There's not a single thing Doomsday could do that would hurt Zarathos. We can do this all day but you'd still be wrong in the end as your arguments hold no grounds

@spyda-man You can't BFR Ghost Rider as he can travel through dimensions, hence how he gets between Earth, Heaven, and Hell, and can summon his hellcycle from mostly anywhere. That and Zarathos can open portals to travel like he did in Alejandra's storyline

#32 Edited by adamTRMM (5264 posts) - - Show Bio

@manmadeofketchup said:

@adamtrmm Blaze isn't weak if he's in control, yes he's not as powerful as Zarathos but that WWH fight was long before the Zadkiel run was in full effect with him doing things like making hellfire rain from the sky, standing up to Ketch's rider after he had absorbed multiple other riders, and so on. Even if Zarathos isn't in control, there's not much Doomsday could do to him. If he knocked him out then Zarathos would take control regardless. The only way Doomsday would win is if he could knock Blaze out of GR form and kill him, though that's easier said than done

Eh, it was too "in the house" to really take it outside and judge by. He fought demons, angels, ghosts and other GR's. There was also Strange and Hulk, and the Hulk's instance I already brought up. Also, this run retconned Zarathos' origins twice and I don't even remember if Aaron made any difference between the two (GR/host) to begin with, so there's also that. Anyway, until UA Annual where he fought SW, Strange, Satana and Thor, I don't even remember when was the last time Zarathos' persona resurfaced.

See what I mean? Though I'm not disagreeing with you, all things considered, you have a point.

#33 Posted by MisoSoup (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@manmadeofketchup:

Rofl, the Penance Stare having a chain reaction isn't beating Ghost Rider you lowballer.

That's not the only thing that was shown.

Venom completely dominated GR physically.

What's funny is you try to use Venom to downgrade Ghost Rider..Venom's not weak, so don't know what you're trying to imply other than you're trolling.

I'm not downgrading anybody.

Did Venom easily dominated GR in that fight ? YES.

Are Venom and GR weaklings compared to Doomsday ? HELL YES !

That's also not Blaze or Zarathos, that's Danny Ketch's Ghost Rider.

This doesn't change anything to the result of the fight.

Quoting plot induced stupidity and bad writing of a character losing is indeed lowballing.

That's none of both.

GR was ass-kicked fair and square.

Most of Ghost Rider's foes are street level?

Yes.

Hey guys, apparently Zadkiel who took succeeded where Satan failed in taking over Heaven, Satan who tried to come back in Vicious Cycle and tried to take over/destroy the Earth, plenty of angels, demons, and hell lords Ghost Rider has faced, Zarathos stomping the Avengers, and more are all street level according to Miso! Rofl!

You are throwing the context out-of-the-window but this doesn't matter, right ?

"Consistently hurt by weaker attacks"..No he's not

Hell yeah !

Put Venom or Deathwatch against Doomsday and see what happens.

Zarathos heals nearly instantly from anything thrown at him, not to mention all the evidence I provided from the Uncanny Avengers Annual.

His ability to regenerate isn't an argument for him to win that fight.

You can pretend that at best he will not die.

Nah, I think you have me confused with yourself. You are the only one who is terrible at debating it, which was known long before this when your reasoning that Ghost Rider wins is because Zarathos is "overrated."

Oh really ?

You are putting unsound arguments and now you literally ignores GR showings that bother you.

If you actually knew what that word meant, you'd know that you're the one overrating Doomsday.

Yeah sure.

Show me Doomsday being in the same position than GR by a 20 tonner or ass-kicked by a character like the Punisher and then you will have an actual argument instead of relying on your ability to willfully ignore everything.

Although Alejandra was amped up in this scenario, the concept of the rider feeding on vengeance has been seen more than once

She was easily amped 3 times per Adam because GR isn't in the same ballpark than Mephisto.

Considering how much Doomsday has killed, all he's going to do is supercharge Zarathos just by being in his presence.

That's a baseless opinion.

Appeal to popularity? Has nothing to do with popularity, it has to do actually know both characters which obviously isn't you.

You said:

"But hey, go ahead and keep on thinking Doomsday wins..You're in the minority"

That's your own words and an appeal to popularity.

There's not a single thing Doomsday could do that would hurt Zarathos.

I'm certain that he deals more damages than Jack O'Latern's Laser.

Try again.

We can do this all day but you'd still be wrong in the end as your arguments hold no grounds

Yeah sure. Keep believing that. ;)

#34 Posted by SuperEntity (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Zarathos easy

#35 Posted by TakeTheCake (229 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by TakeTheCake (229 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by MisoSoup (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@misosoup:

Zarathos defeated Mephisto.

Via some plot.

They aren't at the same level of power.

#38 Posted by TakeTheCake (229 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by MisoSoup (138 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by TakeTheCake (229 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by MisoSoup (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@takethecake:

That's not my opinion.

Zarathos was enslaved by Mephisto. ROFL

You are so adamant on your position and nothing to back it up.

#42 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (27693 posts) - - Show Bio

@manmadeofketchup: @pipxeroth: I'm not sure why, but this guy seems to target threads with characters I like, and try to discredit in a more absurd way than I ever could why they lose. I think he is someone I pissed off in the past and he knows what I like ;)

Zarathos stomps

#43 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (27693 posts) - - Show Bio

Also lol at saying Zarathos < Mephisto. Zarathos beat Mephisto straight up in latest arcs, and even classic arc Mephisto had to use Souless Man and a scheme to weaken Zarathos before fighting him in the 70s. Hilarious.

#44 Posted by MisoSoup (138 posts) - - Show Bio

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #274

That's the original appearance of Zarathos whom is hired by the Beyonder to break Spider-man.

No Caption Provided

During the fight, Zarathos has to use cheap tricks like illusions and can't keep-up with Spider-man.

His Hellfire even fails to subdue Spider-man.

No Caption Provided

Spider-man ridiculed Zarathos to the point he overpowered him, showed his Hellfire to be completely useless and literally two-shotted him !

No Caption Provided

Zarathos is a TEN TONNER and he is only strong inside the mind of his fans.

MUCHAS GRACIAS ! :D

Avatar image for supermanforever
#45 Posted by Supermanforever (855 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday could win only if his punches would work. People dont understand that Doomsday is more physical force rather than someone who uses little tricks like magic etc. DD cant hurt Zarathos so he will eventually lose anyway. This also win by death so doesnt matter if Doomsday comes back stronger and adapted. Win by death is a win and Zarathos takes this.

#46 Posted by MisoSoup (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever:

I've just posted Spider-man destroying Zarathos above but it doesn't count because you said so, right ?

#47 Edited by TakeTheCake (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@misosoup:

That's not my opinion.

Via definition it is.

Zarathos was enslaved by Mephisto. ROFL

Scans? And maybe that's "plot"

Avatar image for supermanforever
#48 Posted by Supermanforever (855 posts) - - Show Bio

@misosoup said:

@supermanforever:

I've just posted Spider-man destroying Zarathos above but it doesn't count because you said so, right ?

I doubt you ever heard of the term PIS. Thats like saying well Batman beaten Superman once so if he can do that he is more powerfull than the opponents Superman has beaten. Thats just pure example of PIS

#49 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (27693 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever: GZ not PIS. It's missing context. Zarathos was hardly at full power, as usual, and this is the same Spider Man who beaten Fire Lord.

It's pretty much a human control GR (typical GRs) vs Fire Lord beating spiderman lol

#50 Posted by MisoSoup (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@misosoup said:

@supermanforever:

I doubt you ever heard of the term PIS. Thats like saying well Batman beaten Superman once so if he can do that he is more powerfull than the opponents Superman has beaten. Thats just pure example of PIS

That's not PIS.

GR has never been at the level of a Hell Lord.

He was not beaten by the plot.

He was beaten because Spider-man is stronger than him.

He was dominated and beaten by Venom for the same reasons.