Doomsday vs Thor: Heat Vision vs Lightning

• 105 results
DrogozMain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Doomsday vs Thor: Heat Vision vs Lightning (97 votes)

Doomsday 44%
Thor 56%
Doomsday and Thor will be locked in a struggle
Doomsday and Thor will be locked in a struggle

Thor uses Stormbreaker to channel his lightning.

Doomsday uses his heat vision to meet his attack.

Who would win?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we not?

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Lol

Gazool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Based on how Ultron was able to block Thor's lightning with his own blasters, based far down the line on Starks flight repulsors, I wouldn't bet on the lightning here.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LeonardSnart

Thor doesn't have stormbreaker unless you're talking about MCU Thor then you should specify cause in this site Thor is 616 Thor

If this is mcu Thor stormbreaker goes clean through DCEU Doomsdays nuke vision, just like it went through the IG blast

Wakel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor's lighting has been more impressive in terms of high-end feats.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU Doomsday no sold a nuke on his face. You think a lightning bolt will so much as scratch him? It will only make him stronger because he feeds on energy.

Thor was burned to the brink of death by the star beam hitting him for a few moments. Now I don't know how hot that beam was. It emerged from the dead star as a beam of light and you can't just say it was as hot as the surface of the neutron star or the core without giving a valid reason. I don't see any correlation of the beam with the heat of the star as a whole but I'm willing to bet that Thor can endure heat vision for a significant amount of time but sooner or later, he'll get burned. He'll just endure it longer than the star beam provided the star beam was hotter than heat vision (6000 degree Celsius)

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor lol how is this a question.

Doomsdays heat vision of a so much less then a star and won't over Power Thor's lightning let alone Thor and his lightning channeled through storm breaker. Infinity Gems also well above heat vision.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor, his lightning > 6 infinity stone's combined blast.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor should Tank heat vision.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor walks through Doomsdays heatvision then proceeds to beat him to death with his eye lashes.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday. Better feats.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday. Better feats.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lightning happens in a split second (obviously is lower) Thor’s lightning may be longer but it still happens in a very brief amount of time.

Doomsday Heat Vision can last for a long long time, that’s the big difference here that gives DD the W

rhistr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Question about the IG rainbow blast, how powerful is it? Feat-wise, I mean?

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at Thor who nearly died after the star scene beating Doomsday.

MCU wankers are just ridiculous.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Amcu

I think everyone just went crazy or something. It's lightning vs heat vision not who can tank the other's attack.

Thor wins the battle of heat vision vs lightning because his lightning is more powerful than heat vision. Neither is harming the other character in any meaningful way because they're both too durable.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

I can't recall Superman's HV's best feats, and IIRC Doomsday's didn't do anything on Thor's level without scaling, so I'd have to review Clark's showings.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Amcu

@deltahuman:

DCEU Doomsday no sold a nuke on his face.

Is there anything at all to indicate he no sold it? It hit him, next he's offscreen for about 20 seconds and than we see him fall down from space. About 20 seconds after that they note that he was moving.

Loading Video...

I don't see what about this means that he no sold the nuke. I get saying he tanked it but no sold seems like a pretty extensive reach.

That's not to say that he would be effected by lightning. I'm just saying I don't think he really no sold the nuke.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45f2a1434a1
deactivated-5d45f2a1434a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that considered battle? I think it's not. I saw rules from that years ago.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deltahuman

@amcu:

Okay before we begin, tell me what in your book is tanking and what is no selling.

In my books tanking is surviving but with damage. No selling is not taking damage. For instance, Thor tanked the star beam for a few seconds. Doosmday no sold the nuke.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

Full IG Blast>>>Superman's Heatvision.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heat vision is a supplementary thing in fights, it hasn't done more than annoy DCEU powerhouses when they use it on each other. It also has a confirmed upper limit (surface temperature of the sun).

Even ordinary lightning can reach significantly higher temperatures than that. Putting HV against Thor's lightning is no contest at all.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep ^^^

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay before we begin, tell me what in your book is tanking and what is no selling.

In my books tanking is surviving but with damage. No selling is not taking damage. For instance, Thor tanked the star beam for a few seconds. Doosmday no sold the nuke.

I think most people classify tanking as feeling an attack, but it not doing any real damage. For example, this would be tanking

No Caption Provided

It affected Superman, but it didn't do any real damage, he would've been fine fighting after taking that. Whereas this would be no-selling

No Caption Provided

He doesn't even notice the fire. Meanwhile, I'd classify what Thor did as "Taking" or "Staying Conscious." As in, the character takes the hit and can still fight, but it damages them and affects their ability to fight.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heat vision is a supplementary thing in fights, it hasn't done more than annoy DCEU powerhouses when they use it on each other. It also has a confirmed upper limit (surface temperature of the sun).

Even ordinary lightning can reach significantly higher temperatures than that. Putting HV against Thor's lightning is no contest at all.

Heat vision isn't just heat, though. It packs a massive punch. Enough to make Superman scream in pain, someone who had survived a nuke a few minutes prior. Thor's lightning hasn't hurt anyone on that caliber as far as I know.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will say, I don't think lightning coming directly from Mjolnir/Stormbreaker is as powerful as the lightning he calls from the sky so that affects whether he can match DD.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Amcu

@deltahuman said:

@amcu:

To me tanking is enduring an attack without it doing notable damage to you or effecting you're abilities to a really notable degree. Basically you should be able to pop back up and by fine in a very short time.

No selling is enduring an attack without it hurting you at all.

I would describe say Superman flying through these and enduring the explosions as no selling.

No Caption Provided

Or Thor enduring these explosions.

No Caption Provided

It seems to me at least in instances like this they where enduring those explosions like they where literally nothing.

I would call feats like this more as tanking.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Where they may have felt the attack but it didn't do notable damage to them.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deltahuman

@kevd4wg:

Okay that's fine too.

Basically what you're trying to say is, "Tanking" is getting damaged momentarily but walking it off. "Taking" is getting damaged but not dying instantly. And "No selling" would be being completely impervious to any injury?

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@buildhare said:

Heat vision isn't just heat, though. It packs a massive punch. Enough to make Superman scream in pain, someone who had survived a nuke a few minutes prior. Thor's lightning hasn't hurt anyone on that caliber as far as I know.

It has some kinetic force behind it but packing a massive punch is overstating it. I can't recall a single instance in the DCEU thus far that would really suggest any significant part of the damage is coming from the physical force behind it rather than heat. Even the Doomsday instance you're mentioning only had Superman pushed back sliding on the ground for a bit, which is far from impressive if we're going with kinetic force being the main damage source.

I don't really think you believe HV>Nuke anyway so I'm unsure what you're arguing here.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

I will say, I don't think lightning coming directly from Mjolnir/Stormbreaker is as powerful as the lightning he calls from the sky so that affects whether he can match DD.

Even his lightning cloak badly damaged a ship that landed on the ground hard enough to do this.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I don't see why his lightning he directs would be less powerful than that.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu:

I've just discussed the terms with another user above, tell me if you agree.

But coming back to Doomsday, Its true that after the nuke hit, he went off screen for a few seconds and then the screen cuts back to where he drops down and the US Military finds out that the nuke didn't work on him. Great point.

But I don't see why we should be led to believe that Doomsday was damaged by the nuke, if at all. I mean, there was verbal description and confirmation about Doomsday's powerset, and it was that he feeds on energy. And then after the nuke hit, we saw Doosmday become more powerful and get mutated, even growing bony protrusions all over his body. He attacked with more ferocity and even a rejuvenated Superman along with Diana were unable to keep up with him.

If he is able to absorb part of the nuke's energy and become more powerful after doing so, I don't see what's the problem in calling it no selling.

Of course, if you're looking for visual confirmation about Doomsday no selling the nuke then you and I both know that it's not possible. The footage just isn't there and the camera moved away from the scene to Batman exactly after the nuke exploded.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare:

It has some kinetic force behind it but packing a massive punch is overstating it. I can't recall a single instance in the DCEU thus far that would really suggest any significant part of the damage is coming from the physical force behind it rather than heat. Even the Doomsday instance you're mentioning only had Superman pushed back sliding on the ground for a bit, which is far from impressive if we're going with kinetic force being the main damage source.

Superman was visibly hurt by Doomsday's heatvision. And considering he had just survived being in the center of a nuke(where the temperature can exceed hundreds of thousands of degrees), I don't think 5500 C would really bother him. It was likely the KE behind the beam.

I don't really think you believe HV>Nuke anyway so I'm unsure what you're arguing here.

True. HV is not > Nuke. Superman almost died when hit with a nuke and heat vision just bothered him to a degree. However, the heat vision still was able to hurt someone who can survive a nuke. I don't remember any instance of Thor doing any damage to, even superficial, to anyone close to that level of durability. The best I remember from Thor's lightning is destroying a Levithian. His biggest lightning to the date(his own words) did not do anything to Hela, who isn't as durable as Superman by feats.

Basically what I'm saying is that DD's hv is more impressive because it can hurt a nuke level character to some degree. Thor hasn't achieved something like that with his lightning as far as I know(I'm not talking about lightning punches. Just lightning).

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Worldofthunder

Doomsday. Hitting Superman is Well above anything Thor's lightning has done. His lightning is just flashier. That's it. Doomsday's is more powerful and stronger.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously thor's lightning.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu:

But coming back to Doomsday, Its true that after the nuke hit, he went off screen for a few seconds and then the screen cuts back to where he drops down and the US Military finds out that the nuke didn't work on him. Great point.

But I don't see why we should be led to believe that Doomsday was damaged by the nuke, if at all. I mean, there was verbal description and confirmation about Doomsday's powerset, and it was that he feeds on energy. And then after the nuke hit, we saw Doosmday become more powerful and get mutated, even growing bony protrusions all over his body. He attacked with more ferocity and even a rejuvenated Superman along with Diana were unable to keep up with him.

If he is able to absorb part of the nuke's energy and become more powerful after doing so, I don't see what's the problem in calling it no selling.

Of course, if you're looking for visual confirmation about Doomsday no selling the nuke then you and I both know that it's not possible. The footage just isn't there and the camera moved away from the scene to Batman exactly after the nuke exploded.

I don't think absorbing and growing more powerful from an attack necessarily means you no sold it. It seems part of Doomsday's powerset that he always absorbs energy. That just seems to be what his body does naturally. So even if it damaged him he would still absorb it and we know he has an extremely excellent healing factor judging form when Diana cut him and sliced off his hand.

I have no issues saying the nuke didn't do significant damage to him but it just seems like a reach to me to say he completely no sold it. I don't think the scene necessarily implies that he no sold it either. It just shows that it's not a viable option for putting him down. And I think it really gets complicated to call that no selling, when you also consider his healing factor and the fact that he was offscreen for the better part of a minute.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: Sorry forgot to address this.

Yeah I think I agree.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt:

Superman was visibly hurt by Doomsday's heatvision. And considering he had just survived being in the center of a nuke(where the temperature can exceed hundreds of thousands of degrees), I don't think 5500 C would really bother him. It was likely the KE behind the beam.

Argue it's inconsistent or the nuke feat is PIS then, the kinetic force behind heat vision has always been extremely minimal in comparison. Otherwise we have characters like Cyborg in JL momentarily standing up to blasts that can cause Superman tier characters pain. Obviously doesn't make much sense.

True. HV is not > Nuke. Superman almost died when hit with a nuke and heat vision just bothered him to a degree. However, the heat vision still was able to hurt someone who can survive a nuke.

If you can find an instance of kinetic force playing a significant role in HV I'd be willing to concede this, but it's never going to happen. Given the nuke feat literally left him as a husk I don't think it's unreasonable to say 5500 C can annoy him. Certainly far more reasonable than assuming the only logical reason he felt pain is some hidden element to HV that's never been shown before.

Basically what I'm saying is that DD's hv is more impressive because it can hurt a nuke level character to some degree.

I can see that, problem is it doesn't make any sense, doesn't fit into the established effects and power of HV and isn't remotely consistent.

Thor hasn't achieved something like that with his lightning as far as I know(I'm not talking about lightning punches. Just lightning).

If you're not using any kind of scaling sure, but given we're doing the same for Superman/Doomsday hurting Hela is far more impressive than hurting Clark (Awakened Thor is the same Thor that took the blast from Nividalier, Hela is clearly more durable than he is by a wide margin). But really, I still think the Superman/Doomsday/Kinetic force argument is flawed, so limiting it to regular feats;

No Caption Provided

That blast there achieved everything HV has since MOS aside from slicing through concrete. Actually more because the drones were made of something more than regular steel (Chobium I think). That same blast couldn't do anything to Leviathans, which a considerably weaker Thor than the one we're using here obliterated with one burst of lightning. That's pretty extreme overkill though, the DCEU gave an number for the HV and it's significantly worse than normal lightning, it shouldn't even need to be argued to this point.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg:

Okay that's fine too.

Basically what you're trying to say is, "Tanking" is getting damaged momentarily but walking it off. "Taking" is getting damaged but not dying instantly. And "No selling" would be being completely impervious to any injury?

Yeah basically. The scan I always see for No-Selling is this one

No Caption Provided

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:
@kevd4wg said:

Even his lightning cloak badly damaged a ship that landed on the ground hard enough to do this.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I don't see why his lightning he directs would be less powerful than that.

That's true, though I'm not sure that was just his lightning cloak, but it was definitely lightning not from the sky

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This Thread is ridiculous to say the least

In terms of heat:

Thor: 20,000k on average maximum 30,000k

DD: 5,000 k at its maximum

Destruction

Thor: Destroyed Ships that survives orbital Drop, Jotenhiem, IG which destroyed half the Universe population.

DD: Destoyed buildings

This shouldn’t even be a question.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deltahuman

I'm also tempted to point out another fact here. The comparison of temperature between HV and Lightning is not indicative of damage output at all.

Lightning is definitely hotter than HV but even human beings have survived lightning. In fact lightning has a mortality rate of just 10-30%. Human beings survive lightning regularly. But a 6000 degree celsius laser aimed at someone for couple of seconds would bisect the person. Considering, Superman's heat vision is much thicker than a laser beam and has a much wider area of attack, there's no chance someone would survive heat vision even for a few seconds.

Regarding Thor's lighthing, it was being conducted by Titanium Gold alloy of Tony Stark for several seconds, which has a melting point of less than 2000 degree celcius. There was not even a single hint that titanium gold would've melted.

Superman on the other hand was able to instantly melt a beam of Steel through heat vision. He did it in an instant.

Thor's lighthing certainly doesn't have the focussed damage output of what Kryptonian Heat Vision has. It only carries a larger amount of energy in total, in instances when Thor takes a longer amount of time to channel it, like in the Sokovia feat.

In case of localised damage output, Heat Vision is clearly superior.

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: I don't think there is really anything to indicate Superman was hurt by Doomsday's heat vision. He was pushed back by it, but the second that it is stopped he flew right up out of the ground and looks perfectly fine.

No Caption Provided

Also watching the video I don't think he screams in pain at all.

Loading Video...

All of the noise you can hear comes from the beam.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare:

Argue it's inconsistent or the nuke feat is PIS then, the kinetic force behind heat vision has always been extremely minimal in comparison. Otherwise we have characters like Cyborg in JL momentarily standing up to blasts that can cause Superman tier characters pain. Obviously doesn't make much sense.

For one, we have no real idea how durable Cyborg is supposed to be. His armor is mother box tech. And second, it was Superman's hv which was shown to be inferior to Doomsday's.

If you can find an instance of kinetic force playing a significant role in HV I'd be willing to concede this, but it's never going to happen. Given the nuke feat literally left him as a husk I don't think it's unreasonable to say 5500 C can annoy him. Certainly far more reasonable than assuming the only logical reason he felt pain is some hidden element to HV that's never been shown before.

Hidden? Since when has been heat vision just heat? There are multiple examples of opponents going flying from the impact of heat vision. It's certainly not the heat that causes it to happen. Clark, when considerably weaker didn't even notice fire on his body, which can be over a thousand degrees. He can walk through massive explosions and not blink. Its fair to assume that something as low as 5500 C will not bother him.

I can see that, problem is it doesn't make any sense, doesn't fit into the established effects and power of HV and isn't remotely consistent.

I don't see where the inconsistency is. DD only really let loose once with his heat vision and that was capable of hurting Superman.

If you're not using any kind of scaling sure, but given we're doing the same for Superman/Doomsday hurting Hela is far more impressive than hurting Clark (Awakened Thor is the same Thor that took the blast from Nividalier, Hela is clearly more durable than he is by a wide margin). But really, I still think the Superman/Doomsday/Kinetic force argument is flawed, so limiting it to regular feats;

Even assuming that this scaling is legit, it doesn't matter because Thor's lightning didn't do anything to Hela going by his own words.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Emanresu_20

@deltahuman:

People get struck by lighting for a split second. Actually not even that since lighting is still 1/3 the speed of light. When Thor strikes someone with lightning he maintains the blast for multiple seconds.

There is no chance someone would survive Thor’s direct blast of lightning either so I don’t see a point of you comparing whether or not a regular person can survived heat vision.

For starters I doubt Thor was trying to kill Ironman and he was already weakened by Dark Magic on his return to Earth. And yes in fact his suit was glowing red from the heat and parts visibly melted.

Thor did the same with the Leviathans while plugging up the portal to earth and again while melting Parts of Starks Armor.

The jotenhiem Feat, Destroying Building sized ships which withstood reentry, and going through enough energy to wipe out half the Universe along with the natural temperature of Lightning.

Show me anything that Heat vision has matched in this list.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu:

Like I've stated before, If you're looking for visual evidence from onscreen footage as confirmation, then it's simply not possible because the camera cut back to Batman immediately after the nuke exploded.

We don't know what happened in those 20 odd seconds. You can't prove that Doomsday was damaged at all and I can't exactly show you that Doomsday was unscathed because the footage simply doesn't exist. I think the interpretation is left for the viewer to do with his own sense of judgement.

I choose to believe that Doomsday was unscathed by the nuke. We already know Kryptonian skin and even their skin suits are impervious to heat related damage from the nuclear fireball. Superman had no burn injuries at all. Doomsday is superior to Superman with the added ability of energy absorption and insane healing factor/mutation. All these factors lead me to believe that Doomsday no sold the nuke while Superman barely survived it. I'll simply leave it to you how you want to interpret it with your fine sense of judgement

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By marvelfan1992

@deltahuman said:

DCEU Doomsday no sold a nuke on his face. You think a lightning bolt will so much as scratch him? It will only make him stronger because he feeds on energy.

Thor was burned to the brink of death by the star beam hitting him for a few moments. Now I don't know how hot that beam was. It emerged from the dead star as a beam of light and you can't just say it was as hot as the surface of the neutron star or the core without giving a valid reason. I don't see any correlation of the beam with the heat of the star as a whole but I'm willing to bet that Thor can endure heat vision for a significant amount of time but sooner or later, he'll get burned. He'll just endure it longer than the star beam provided the star beam was hotter than heat vision (6000 degree Celsius)

isn't this thread about who wins in a beam struggle not if either Thor can beat Doomsday and vice-versa?