• 65 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5adf228fe15c2
Posted by deactivated-5adf228fe15c2 (664 posts) 9 months, 5 days ago

Poll: Doomsday (DCEU) vs Surtur (MCU) (65 votes)

Doomsday 42%
Surtur 51%
Stalemate forever 8%

Doomsday post-nuke

Prime Surtur

Take place in Gotham (Batman v Superman)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#51 Posted by godzilla44 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@godzilla44: @thunderprince: @deltahuman: Nuclear explosions are only that hot for less than 0.000001 seconds. It like saying a human can easily survive on the surface of the sun because he can survive 10000 degrees for 0.0001 seconds and 10000 > 5500 (sun)

The fact that he was exposed to that kind of heat for any period of time and wasn't incinerated right away is a feat on itself so stop trying to lowball.

2- Script also says Hulk was smoking when surtur threw him and charged for a second attack and asgard split in two before exploding. Its definitely isnt the final product.

Even if he can destroy earth it would be a stalemate because he would be taking himself out as well.

Stop Wanking Doomsday and downplaying Surtur

Stop downplaying DD

#52 Edited by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (3059 posts) - - Show Bio

@godzilla44: i didnt say surtur wins neither did i say anything that downplays DD.

I just said the reason why what you said should be considered wanking DD and why your 'debunking' was wrong.

#53 Posted by deltahuman (4780 posts) - - Show Bio

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2:

Stop Wanking Doomsday and downplaying Surtur. Come up with some valid and logical arguments rather than whining about people downplaying Surtur.

If you really think Surtur can hurt Doomsday with his flames then show me proof. Show me proof that slow AF Surtur will be able to even tag Doomsday with his flames. Provide proof that Domsday won't feed on the energy of Surtur's flames if he can feed on a nuke that exploded on his face. Show me proof that Doomsday's punches won't hurt Surtur considering the fact that Hulk leaping on his face staggered and almost toppled him. Show me proof that eventually Doomsday won't get powerful enough to significantly hurt Surtur if he keeps absorbing Surtur's energy attacks, considering that's the only thing Surtur can do. Crying doesn't give you credibility.

Nuclear explosions are only that hot for less than 0.000001 seconds. It like saying a human can easily survive on the surface of the sun because he can survive 10000 degrees for 0.0001 seconds and 10000 > 5500 (sun)

You must be some sort of genius to compare 10000 degrees to 50 million degrees. Do you even realise how hot 50 million degrees is? It won't burn stuff, It will ionize stuff. Matter won't exist in molecular form. Do you know what happens to the bomb casing and the ICBM casing in a nuke. They are all ionized. And the nuke exploded on Doomsday and Superman's face. Theoretically 50 million degrees even for a thousandth of a second would completely ionize matter in its vicinity. Stop throwing random numbers and connecting on stuff you have no idea about. Apart from the thermal radiation, Doomsday also completely tanked the neutron blast, ionizing radiation and the over pressure. Surtur won't even tickle Doomsday with his flames

2- Script also says Hulk was smoking when surtur threw him and charged for a second attack and asgard split in two before exploding. Its definitely isnt the final product

Except we see Surtur executing exactly what's mentioned in the scrip. He plunges his sword in Asgard's core and it causes a huge explosion inside the landmass which destroys the asteroid/planetoid Asgard is. But even if I were completely wrong here, Did you read the part in my comment where I said it would be a stalemate if Surtur destroys Asgard in the process. Learn to read every post before making comments.

#54 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (3059 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman:

1- I never said his flames will hurt doomsday. Stop pulling things out of your @$$.

2- I only showed an equal of the faulty 'logic' you used. What i said is not about temperatures its about resistance to 50MK being irrelevant. Doomsday isnt immune to such heat he survived because he was hit by it only for an instant. As i said you are not immune to such levels of heat because you survive it for a nanosecond. A flame that is no where near that temperature can do more damage because it lasts for a few seconds. Its a 100 kiloton level feat nothing more no heat immunity bs.

3- ??? Yes he drives it thru the core but its never said in the movie that the core was explosive.

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#55 Edited by _KingofLatveria (18059 posts) - - Show Bio

Are people literally saying Doomsday will adapt to the explosion? The same explosion that destroyed several mountains and castle-sized structures?

#56 Edited by DammeFavour (7858 posts) - - Show Bio

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: I don't think you understand, matter is completely ionized at 50 million degrees, amount of time exposed is irrelevant, matter doesn't slowly melt at this temperature for time to be relevant. Am I to assume from your comment, exposing doomsday to 100000 degrees for like an hour would damage him? Because whether you like it or not, the thermal radiation does exist and it completely ionizes every known matter in its vicinity, so not heat resistance bs

#57 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (3059 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: do you seriously think Doomsdays specific heat is as low as normal matter ? Do you think he is that easy to heat up ? do you seriously think a 450 kt nuke is enough to heat him up to 50M Kelvin ? its not. Even when releasing town level energies he was only glowing yellow. His specific heat >>>>>> Normal matter.

#58 Posted by DammeFavour (7858 posts) - - Show Bio

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: I think you should stop talking now. So you think the heat at the core of a nuke isn't 50 million degrees now?

#59 Edited by Amonfire1776 (2634 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsdays can't just adapt to anything...kryptonite killed him easily...

#60 Posted by hudyman (2199 posts) - - Show Bio

Adding my six cents here.

Whilst I haven't seen Ragnorak, Doomsdays ability is that he adapts to ANYTHING that even slightly damages him. Had he not been hit by the nuke, he would have been vastly weaker than his upgraded form.

That's essentially the point of the character. Unless this Surtur guy can kill him immediately and I mean immediately, he loses.

If Doomsday is given the slight chance to adapt, the dude is finished.

#61 Posted by dcuwins (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2:

uhmm

this isnt star trek bud. lol

zero proof on your opinion.

we know sup and doomsday survived a nuke. the blast radius was larger than metropolis.

No Caption Provided

also, hela swords are not indestructible, since they were shattered by m16 bullets.

the facts show

doomsday would win.

#62 Edited by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (3059 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: I never said that. You are saying doomsday is immune to 50MK right ? What you say implies he can survive at such temperatures no matter how long he is exposed. I say no, not for more than 0.000001 seconds since thats what hes been hit with. Lightning is 50 000 K and humans can survive it. By you logic since we can survive 50KK for 10 miscroseconds we shouldnt be burned from less than 50KK. That is obviously not true like doomsday being immune to anything less that 50MK.

#63 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (3059 posts) - - Show Bio

@dcuwins:

What opinion ?

Do we know what that blast wave shows ? More than 10Psi overpressure ? Only 1 ? Even less ? No. Its onscreen size doesnt mean much.

They dont need to be indestructible. As i said hard materials cut better and they break easier. Her blades dont need to be that strong to cut.

#64 Posted by DrPepperMan (5814 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, this wank needs to stop. Doomsday gets one shot.

#65 Posted by BladeOfFury (2901 posts) - - Show Bio

@drpepperman: Only if Surtur can replicate his attack... or if he’s willing to use it... or if he won’t one-shot himself in the process...

#66 Posted by TheNoobStomper (780 posts) - - Show Bio

@dcuwins said:

@thenoobstomper:

baseless opinion with zero fact.

sutur flame didnt even melt the stone where thor was standing. fyi thor had heat welts from it and rushed to put out flame on his pant leg.

kryp heat vision melts stone, steel skyscrapers .

No Caption Provided
Loading Video...

sutur was impaled by hela ground swords. that sword was shattered by a m16.

doomsday tanking a nuke>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> m16 bullets shattering hela sword.

superman strikes harder than the hulk.

sup hit namek with far more force than hulk striking ultron from the quinjet.( both a similar strike from a upward position)

doomsday stomps

You are bringing up bringing up comic book feats from Kryptonians as backup for DCEU Doomsday? Surtur's flame ofc didn't melt the ground below Thor's feet because 1) He wasn't at full power 2) his flames were being dispersed by Mjolnir.

The fact that Hela's constructs are relatively fragile doesn't mean anything. They DID impale Surtur and did virtually no damage. Perhaps this huge one that missed his head could have dealt some damage if it had found its target but thats not the case. Also, Hela's constructs were of different durability. Some of them got deflected without breaking (the asian dude blocked them with his shield shatterer thing and they didn't break), the one Hela used to break open the hidden vault didn't break, the ones she threw against the Asgardian ships managed to pierce through easily.

Doomsday has no feats against energy projection attacks (except for the nuke, which is not really energy projection but nvm), so we don't know how he would fare against Surtur's flames. Nobody really engaged Surtur in close quarter combat, as in to punch him in the body physically cause he is a walking lava creature. All Hulk did was jump on his crown and smack at it, doing no damage.

To close this, you are right, that is my opinion with some facts thrown in, but this such a speculative matter that there can be no solid conclusion. We don't know how Doomsday would do against magical creatures and we don't have enough Surtur feats.