Which DD wins and why

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

DCEU Doomsday murders Smallville Doomsday. One energy explotion will be good enough to wipe out Doomsday. Even so, DCEU Doomsday ***spoilers*** took a nuke to the face and he was't even damaged. Not to mention that DCEU Doomsday played around with Superman as if Superman was a child to it.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@captain_batman_ftw: Smallville Doomsday wasn't killed after being plowed 6 miles under the earth and has survived near the sun

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a6b5b2407e
deactivated-5a5a6b5b2407e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Smallvile supes is much stronger than MoS supes

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Still dont know yet

USSJ3071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

strength alone is useless vs movie doomsday. hitting him only pisses him off/makes him evolve regeneration

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

dceu doomsday wins the evolutionary arms race

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 emperorthanos-  Moderator

bump

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ussj3071 said:

strength alone is useless vs movie doomsday. hitting him only pisses him off/makes him evolve regeneration

Observer_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smallville Superman has one good strength feat, but not much else that puts him anywhere near Cavill Superman.

Observer_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: Smallville Doomsday wasn't killed after being plowed 6 miles under the earth and has survived near the sun

SV Doomsday wasn't plowed into anything. They used a Lex geothermal plant specifically because it already had a long tunnel built in. Davis Bloom has also never been anywhere near the sun, which would be a bad example of durability anyways because on that show being near the sun was used as a method to heal Kryptonians. Hard to believe something that heals normal Kryptonians is going to be killing a Kryptonian on steroids.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@americanspeeddemon said:

SV Doomsday wasn't plowed into anything. They used a Lex geothermal plant specifically because it already had a long tunnel built in. Davis Bloom has also never been anywhere near the sun, which would be a bad example of durability anyways because on that show being near the sun was used as a method to heal Kryptonians. Hard to believe something that heals normal Kryptonians is going to be killing a Kryptonian on steroids.

No Caption Provided

Here in the canon smallville comic superman fights doomsday near the sun.

Observer_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@observer_guy said:
@americanspeeddemon said:

No Caption Provided

Here in the canon smallville comic superman fights doomsday near the sun.

I thought those comics were non canon.

Gojira2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard decision.

Bruce246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never seen the episode with Doomsday in Smallville. What are his feats?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@bruce246 said:

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Royal_Warrior

Doomsday wasn't that impressive Clark was stomping him until he "tanked" the nuke

The funny fact is he didn't tank it he absorbed it making him more powerful

Plus WW chopped his hand off easy enough and it wasn't like DD was doing any damage to Clark and WW

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruce246 said:

beating the snot out of smallville superman

Observer_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterkungfu said:

@thor_parker82 said:
@bruce246 said:

beating the snot out of smallville superman

Smallville Superman ain't that impressive though. This is a guy who routinely underperforms, and is vulnerable enough to bleed from any super strong opponent, bled from the Canary Cry and can be injured by electricity.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@observer_guy: maybe not his invulnerability but his speed and strength make up for that loss

Observer_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday wasn't that impressive Clark was stomping him until he "tanked" the nuke

The funny fact is he didn't tank it he absorbed it making him more powerful

Plus WW chopped his hand off easy enough and it wasn't like DD was doing any damage to Clark and WW

Smallville Doomsday wasn't really that impressive either. Prior to his finale fight, all he really did was beat up on Jimmy Olsen (but he survived), and take down Black Canary, Impulse and Green Arrow off sceen (but not kill them).

Wonder Woman's sword was likely magic because it was producing a orange glow every time it hit something, and we all know Kryptonians don't have a good history against magic.

TheWhiteCrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@observer_guy: They are canon to the show, just like the Buffy and Charmed comics. They are not canon to the Post-Crisis and New 52 continuities. In this context PC and New 52 are irrelevant.

Observer_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@observer_guy: maybe not his invulnerability but his speed and strength make up for that loss

Look up what the words "routinely underperform" means. SV Clark only has one strength feat above Cavill's, and it's moot in regards to Doomsday since the strength feat came 2 seasons well after the Doomsday storyline was over. Even post Doomsday storyline, Clark was getting beaten up by vastly weaker and slower opponents. Silver Banshee comes to mind and he fought lost to her either in season 9 or the final season.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RandomSid82

@observer_guy said:
@kanataroc said:

Smallville Superman has one good strength feat, but not much else that puts him anywhere near Cavill Superman.

Smallville Superman makes Cavill look like a kid dressing up as his favorite character for halloween. He is many many many times stronger, many many many times faster, his heat vision is powerful enough to destroy multiple buildings in seconds(and not just cutting through beams, complete destruction)....etc Smallville Doomsday was giving him a good fight before he buried him under 6 miles of earth.

And by the way, saying he bled from the Canary Cry is a steep lowball. There is plenty of context there, it was when he was actively using his super hearing, of course its going to hurt him.

Observer_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@observer_guy: They are canon to the show, just like the Buffy and Charmed comics. They are not canon to the Post-Crisis and New 52 continuities. In this context PC and New 52 are irrelevant.

Post Crisis and New 52? I've only mentioned things Doomsday has done on the show Smallville, nothing more. I was more of thinking the Smallville comics was an Elseworlds story starting off where the Smallville show left off, as that's what I heard. Also Buffy comics? Last I heard Joss Whedon and the other writers of the Buffy comics admitted that the Buffy comics was a means to let out all their terrible fanfic ideas, and supposedly even apologized for how ridiculous they were. If the Smallville comics share the same level of canon as them, than that doesn't help it's Elseworld title I heard about them.

Regardless of how valid the comics are, that's a poor durability feat for Doomsday as being near the sun was used as a way to heal Kryptonians on the show, so how is that impressive?

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewhitecrown said:

Post Crisis and New 52? I've only mentioned things Doomsday has done on the show Smallville, nothing more. I was more of thinking the Smallville comics was an Elseworlds story starting off where the Smallville show left off, as that's what I heard. Also Buffy comics? Last I heard Joss Whedon and the other writers of the Buffy comics admitted that the Buffy comics was a means to let out all their terrible fanfic ideas, and supposedly even apologized for how ridiculous they were. If the Smallville comics share the same level of canon as them, than that doesn't help it's Elseworld title I heard about them.

Regardless of how valid the comics are, that's a poor durability feat for Doomsday as being near the sun was used as a way to heal Kryptonians on the show, so how is that impressive?

The smallville comics are canon to the show. They are a direct continuation from season 10.

Observer_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@observer_guy said:
@kanataroc said:

Smallville Superman makes Cavill look like a kid dressing up as his favorite character for halloween. He is many many many times stronger, many many many times faster, his heat vision is powerful enough to destroy multiple buildings in seconds(and not just cutting through beams, complete destruction)....etc Smallville Doomsday was giving him a good fight before he buried him under 6 miles of earth.

See you're one of those people who just loves to make up scenarios as oppose to actually reference fights seeing how Smallville routinely got his butt kicked by practically everyone he came across.

Observer_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@observer_guy said:
@thewhitecrown said:

The smallville comics are canon to the show. They are a direct continuation from season 10.

So are Elseworld comics and that's a weak durability feat anyways.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid82 said:
@observer_guy said:
@kanataroc said:

See you're one of those people who just loves to make up scenarios as oppose to actually reference fights seeing how Smallville routinely got his butt kicked by practically everyone he came across.

I can see we are not going to be able to debate this. Rather than debating you choose to accuse me of making things up. That is disrespectful and I will not tolerate it or debate with a person with that level of maturity. Just so you know, I have all 10 seasons of Smallville on DVD so I am FULLY aware of his abilities and his fights.

DrMirakuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Observer_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@observer_guy said:
@randomsid82 said:
@observer_guy said:
@kanataroc said:

I can see we are not going to be able to debate this. Rather than debating you choose to accuse me of making things up. That is disrespectful and I will not tolerate it or debate with a person with that level of maturity. Just so you know, I have all 10 seasons of Smallville on DVD so I am FULLY aware of his abilities and his fights.

And yet you're deliberately ignoring the bolded part and how SV Superman's one and only strength feat that beats Cavill's strength showings came in the final scene. Numerous seasons well after the whole Doomsday arc was over.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Doomsday.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid82 said:
@observer_guy said:
@randomsid82 said:
@observer_guy said:
@kanataroc said:

And yet you're deliberately ignoring the bolded part and how SV Superman's one and only strength feat that beats Cavill's strength showings came in the final scene. Numerous seasons well after the whole Doomsday arc was over.

That isn't true at all, he has MANY strength feats that beat Cavill Superman's. Cavill Superman's best strength feat is only holding the TOP of a deck on an oil rig, something that only weighs upwards of 10 tons. And by the way, when Smallville Superman pushed the planet away, it was only 2 seasons after Doomsday, not numerous seasons later as you claim.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@observer_guy said:
@randomsid82 said:
@observer_guy said:
@randomsid82 said:
@observer_guy said:
@kanataroc said:

That isn't true at all, he has MANY strength feats that beat Cavill Superman's. Cavill Superman's best strength feat is only holding the TOP of a deck on an oil rig, something that only weighs upwards of 10 tons. And by the way, when Smallville Superman pushed the planet away, it was only 2 seasons after Doomsday, not numerous seasons later as you claim.

Where did you get that number?

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid82 said:
@observer_guy said:
@randomsid82 said:
@observer_guy said:
@randomsid82 said:
@observer_guy said:
@kanataroc said:

From memory from the numerous times I have discussed this and talking with people that actually work on offshore oil rigs.

SMJA123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@royal_warrior: Clark was not stomping him when they fought the only thing Clark did was punch him and then DD completely fodderized him supes only had the upper hand because he could fly but DD was clearly Superior physically

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatemalingsia said:
@randomsid82 said:

From memory from the numerous times I have discussed this and talking with people that actually work on offshore oil rigs.

No Caption Provided

Observer_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid82 said:
@hatemalingsia said:
@randomsid82 said:

No Caption Provided

Totally agree. There's no way this https://youtu.be/wCPwBcl_dY0?t=1m12s weighs less than the school bus Clark easily moved as a child.

Not to mention this was during the time Clark was purposely hiding his powers. The movie made it point that Kryptonians had to embrace and master their powers in order to get stronger. Kind of why Cavill Clark during his civilian times couldn't fly. Also why Cavill Clark later was able to overpower that terraforming machine while weakened, deliver punches powerful enough that the shockwaves from the air was able to leave large imprints on buildings and the ground (something SV Clark has NEVER done), easily tow that large ship through Arctic ice, etc.

Also what strength feats minus the final scene does SV Clark have that supposedly puts him above Cavill? The best I can think of was catching the globe from the Daily Globe and catching a monorail that fell off it's tracks.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatemalingsia said:
@randomsid82 said:
@hatemalingsia said:
@randomsid82 said:

Totally agree. There's no way this https://youtu.be/wCPwBcl_dY0?t=1m12s weighs less than the school bus Clark easily moved as a child.

You are forgetting that he ONLY lifted the very top of it and the rest of it was leaning on the platform he was standing on before it buckled under it's own weight. As for how much it weighs, go talk to people that work on them. I actually have family that works on offshore platforms and discussed this very topic with both of them before. And I deleted the meme because that is technically against the rules.

Not to mention this was during the time Clark was purposely hiding his powers. The movie made it point that Kryptonians had to embrace and master their powers in order to get stronger. Kind of why Cavill Clark during his civilian times couldn't fly. Also why Cavill Clark later was able to overpower that terraforming machine while weakened, deliver punches powerful enough that the shockwaves from the air was able to leave large imprints on buildings and the ground (something SV Clark has NEVER done), easily tow that large ship through Arctic ice, etc.

That first sentence is just facepalm materiel. He wasn't being a superhero at the time, but there is literally nothing to support that he was hiding his strength during that scene. The next scene even shows him floating in the water exhausted from it. The movie did NOT make that clear at all. The only thing it showed was for his OTHER powers to fully develop, he had to train them. His strength had no problem developing even as a child. The terraforming machine is not impressive at all. The only thing known about it was that it was changing the gravity. You will have to remind me of the ship towing scene, I don't really remember it.

Also what strength feats minus the final scene does SV Clark have that supposedly puts him above Cavill? The best I can think of was catching the globe from the Daily Globe and catching a monorail that fell off it's tracks.

Just about every time he fought someone he knew could take it, he let his strength out. There are many scenes where he punches an enemy and sends them flying for miles. There are at least two with Bizarro, at least one with Braniac, then there is the fight with Doomsday himself where he launched him all the way out of the city and to the geo facility and 6 miles underground before escaping himself while Doomsday was buried. That is just to name a few.

Observer_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@observer_guy said:
@hatemalingsia said:
@randomsid82 said:
@hatemalingsia said:
@randomsid82 said:

From memory from the numerous times I have discussed this and talking with people that actually work on offshore oil rigs

That first sentence is just facepalm materiel. He wasn't being a superhero at the time, but there is literally nothing to support that he was hiding his strength during that scene. The next scene even shows him floating in the water exhausted from it. The movie did NOT make that clear at all. The only thing it showed was for his OTHER powers to fully develop, he had to train them. His strength had no problem developing even as a child. The terraforming machine is not impressive at all. The only thing known about it was that it was changing the gravity. You will have to remind me of the ship towing scene, I don't really remember it.

Just about every time he fought someone he knew could take it, he let his strength out. There are many scenes where he punches an enemy and sends them flying for miles. There are at least two with Bizarro, at least one with Braniac, then there is the fight with Doomsday himself where he launched him all the way out of the city and to the geo facility and 6 miles underground before escaping himself while Doomsday was buried. That is just to name a few.

I'm facepalming at how much you seem to be forgetting about the important stories points of Man of Steel. Yes Cavil was hiding his powers because that's what Kevin Costner told him to do. Heck he rather die than let his son show his powers in public. It's also quite obvious the two father ordeal was meant to show how polarizing they were from one another. Costner was all "don't use your powers. Pretend to be human otherwise the world won't accept you" while Russell Crowe was all "Embrace your powers and become a symbol of hope".

Of course he would have some degree of super strength. Here's a simple question: how much can a person go through life (especially living on a farm) WITHOUT using any strength whatsoever? Pretty much not possible. Furthermore Clark clearly wanted to use his powers and has, but it was around his teen years when Costner gave him the talk, and not until Costner died that Cavil really took his advice about hiding who he was. His strength likely developed all those years prior to Costner's death. Furthermore Russell Crowe talked about his powers in general needing to be trained and not just the ones that hasn't developed yet, and how would it make any sense that some of his powers would need training, but his strength wouldn't? That doesn't make sense by any developmental standard. Do you reckon Olympic weight lifters have the same strength now that they did when they were 12? This stuff should be pretty obvious if you can follow a story.

The terraforming machines were firing energy pulses powerful enough throughout the city of Metropolis that were destroying the buildings, flattened waves of vehicles before sending them airborn literally the heights of buildings every time it fired a pulse into the ground. That part is as clear as day. The military scanners also clearly showed the pulse waves from the machines were traveling literally from one end of the planet to the next. Then the military couldn't even destroy those machines because just the basic gravity field around the machines sent both the jet missiles and the jets themselves flying away from the machine and into the city. Takes a lot of power to do all of that. Then Cavill Superman, while weakened no less, flew completely against one of those pulse blast, overpowered it and destroyed the machine.

This is oppose to SV Superman who just one year prior to his finale feat tried to overpower the sonic scream of Silver Banshee, even fired heat vision at it, only to go flying the opposite direction. And SV Superman had the advantage of being full powered and not being pressed down on. Put Silver Banshee and her sonic screams in the same position as the terraforming machines in Metropolis, and the only commotion there would be would be civilians looking up and saying "wicked cool".

The ship towing is from Batman vs Superman.

I'm familiar with those all out punches Clark did, but how does that surpass the punches Cavill did? We even saw SV Superman's punches also creating shockwaves, but they did vastly less damage than what the shockwaves from Cavill's punches were doing.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RandomSid82

@randomsid82 said:
@observer_guy said:
@hatemalingsia said:
@randomsid82 said:
@hatemalingsia said:
@randomsid82 said:

From memory from the numerous times I have discussed this and talking with people that actually work on offshore oil rigs

I'm facepalming at how much you seem to be forgetting about the important stories points of Man of Steel. Yes Cavil was hiding his powers because that's what Kevin Costner told him to do. Heck he rather die than let his son show his powers in public. It's also quite obvious the two father ordeal was meant to show how polarizing they were from one another. Costner was all "don't use your powers. Pretend to be human otherwise the world won't accept you" while Russell Crowe was all "Embrace your powers and become a symbol of hope".

You should be facepalming at your own argument. Seriously arguing that he was hiding his powers, while using his powers? What kind of idiotic idea would that be? He would have to be even more stupid than that movie made him appear to be. Sorry, but your argument doesn't hold water. Wow, I just can't get over that, hiding his powers while using them...what a thought process.

Of course he would have some degree of super strength. Here's a simple question: how much can a person go through life (especially living on a farm) WITHOUT using any strength whatsoever? Pretty much not possible. Furthermore Clark clearly wanted to use his powers and has, but it was around his teen years when Costner gave him the talk, and not until Costner died that Cavil really took his advice about hiding who he was. His strength likely developed all those years prior to Costner's death. Furthermore Russell Crowe talked about his powers in general needing to be trained and not just the ones that hasn't developed yet, and how would it make any sense that some of his powers would need training, but his strength wouldn't? That doesn't make sense by any developmental standard. Do you reckon Olympic weight lifters have the same strength now that they did when they were 12? This stuff should be pretty obvious if you can follow a story.

His strength comes from his exposure to the yellow sun, not training. Superman, all the many different versions, has NEVER needed to train his strength, not once in all of his thousands of appearances throughout comics, cartoons, movies, tv shows...etc. That is a crazy argument. The simple fact is that you are reaching and you know it. There is literally not a single thing throughout the entire movie that supports your idea.

The terraforming machines were firing energy pulses powerful enough throughout the city of Metropolis that were destroying the buildings, flattened waves of vehicles before sending them airborn literally the heights of buildings every time it fired a pulse into the ground. That part is as clear as day. The military scanners also clearly showed the pulse waves from the machines were traveling literally from one end of the planet to the next. Then the military couldn't even destroy those machines because just the basic gravity field around the machines sent both the jet missiles and the jets themselves flying away from the machine and into the city. Takes a lot of power to do all of that. Then Cavill Superman, while weakened no less, flew completely against one of those pulse blast, overpowered it and destroyed the machine.

The terraforming machine was changing the gravity, simple as that. It was also turning Earth's atmosphere into Krypton's but that had nothing to do with the destruction. Everything was being flattened because of the increase in gravity. And you don't even have to increase the gravity much for the destruction that was caused. Most cars would flatten like that with a mere 10 times normal gravity and just about all buildings would do so with nothing more than 50 times normal gravity. But hell, lets just say it was increasing the gravity 100 times. That would mean that Superman lifted his own weight to fly, and estimating his weight at 240 pounds normally, that would mean he would weigh 24,000. A grand total of 12 tons. Oooo, such a great feat of strength.

This is oppose to SV Superman who just one year prior to his finale feat tried to overpower the sonic scream of Silver Banshee, even fired heat vision at it, only to go flying the opposite direction. And SV Superman had the advantage of being full powered and not being pressed down on. Put Silver Banshee and her sonic screams in the same position as the terraforming machines in Metropolis, and the only commotion there would be would be civilians looking up and saying "wicked cool".

That's funny, you do realize that Silver Banshee is magic right? You do remember that Magic was VERY damaging to Smallville Superman right? But hey, lets leave out all the context with fights just to try and lowball him, why not.

The ship towing is from Batman vs Superman.

Haven't watched it yet, so will have to skip that one.

I'm familiar with those all out punches Clark did, but how does that surpass the punches Cavill did? We even saw SV Superman's punches also creating shockwaves, but they did vastly less damage than what the shockwaves from Cavill's punches were doing.

Superman's punches from Man of Steel never sent anyone flying miles. Even when he was flying and hitting Zod as hard as he could he only sent him a few blocks.

Observer_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should be facepalming at your own argument. Seriously arguing that he was hiding his powers, while using his powers? What kind of idiotic idea would that be? He would have to be even more stupid than that movie made him appear to be. Sorry, but your argument doesn't hold water. Wow, I just can't get over that, hiding his powers while using them...what a thought process.

Using his powers to save people moron. Are you really too stupid not to have picked up that his whole moral dilemma throughout the whole movie on if he should use his powers or not. There was even a scene when Cavill went to a church and asked the priest about it. Is not thinking and not having much thought process to begin with part of how you watch movies? Sure would explain a lot.

His strength comes from his exposure to the yellow sun, not training.

Wow you fail two folds here. So you really don't know how to follow a story. Okay here's a quick recap. First off the yellow sun isn't the main source of Kryptonian powers in MOS seeing how Krypton itself in the movie had a yellow sun.

Loading Video...

Secondly writer Christopher Nolan straight up said he was changing aspects of the Superman lore in interviews leading up to the film to make it more realistic. This had fans nervous what Nolan was going to alter. The film itself repeatedly established Earth's atmosphere was the main source for their power, and maybe even planetary gravity (I can't remember this one too well), and not the sun. If you can follow a story (you clearly can't!), you would notice examples like it outright being explained the reason they gave for why Cavill was powerless inside Zod's ship was because it contained Krypton's atmosphere. Or how Zod's team had to wear those suits in order to stabilize their powers otherwise if they breath in too much of Earth's atmosphere without the necessary training and adapting to it, it overwhelms them and they can even pass out to it like in this scene.

Loading Video...

Or how when Cavill first approached the terraforming machine, after getting a quick whiff of the air it was generating, Cavill nosedived and nearly hit the water before managing to compose himself. Did you not notice how there was no Kryptointe, red sun or magic in that whole movie, yet they Kryptonians were still able to get weak or powerless despite under a yellow sun?

Superman, all the many different versions, has NEVER needed to train his strength, not once in all of his thousands of appearances throughout comics, cartoons, movies, tv shows...etc. That is a crazy argument. The simple fact is that you are reaching and you know it.

"Superman, all the many different versions, has NEVER needed to train his strength, not once in all of his thousands of appearances throughout comics, cartoons, movies, tv shows...etc." Do you know how stupid you sound? So you're saying Superman as a literal baby the moment he land on Earth is as strong as he is in his full powered adult form. Because that's literally him not needing any training.

Also you're straight up wrong about no other media showing Superman needing to train to increase his strength. Very first episode of the Legion of Superheroes cartoon the legion tested out Clark's strength to see what his current level was. They used a glorified exercise machine and he came out at 6000 tons. He got stronger as the series went on due to the Legion training him. Or do you think all those training machines you sometimes see in the background for Superman in all sorts of mediums is just oversized decoration?

There is literally not a single thing throughout the entire movie that supports your idea.

Except for Jor-El saying so, who's a genetic scientist who has made Kryptonian babies. So I'm sure he knows what he's talking about. And Christopher Nolan when he said he want to give a more realistic approach to Superman. Because you know, yellow sunlight + Kryptonian = magic and red sunlight + Kryptonian = powerless isn't the least bit realistic. While the concept of training to get stronger, which is a basic concept to everyone except you apparently is more realistic. Then again I'm talking to a guy who didn't pick up on the atmosphere giving Kryptonians their powers despite it was repeatedly explained throughout the whole movie.

The terraforming machine was changing the gravity, simple as that. It was also turning Earth's atmosphere into Krypton's but that had nothing to do with the destruction. Everything was being flattened because of the increase in gravity.

Wrong again. The machines were increasing gravity by firing their pulses into the planet to increase it's mass. Obviously they didn't get far seeing how Earth's gravity wasn't too different after those machines were destroyed. Also I made an error when I rewatched the scene. The crushing effect was actually from the machines lobbing a bunch of debris high into the air and then they fell back down.

And you don't even have to increase the gravity much for the destruction that was caused. Most cars would flatten like that with a mere 10 times normal gravity and just about all buildings would do so with nothing more than 50 times normal gravity. But hell, lets just say it was increasing the gravity 100 times. That would mean that Superman lifted his own weight to fly, and estimating his weight at 240 pounds normally, that would mean he would weigh 24,000. A grand total of 12 tons. Oooo, such a great feat of strength.

Well you're already wrong here since they weren't increasing the gravity the way you're claiming, but I'll play your game here.

Increase in gravity don't create large craters in the ground, but fail to stop people still be on the ground a little further away. The buildings weren't flattened. They toppled over due to the waves from the terraforming machines was creating hitting them from the sides. You can clearly see in this video, many of the buildings intact are still standing, but are badly damaged by being blown from the sides.

Loading Video...

Also lets do simple math here using your numbers. You average car weighs about 2 tons, so 4000 lbs. 10x alteration would make them 400 lbs on the lighter side. 400 lbs objects don't fly up 10 to 20 stories up in the air. Heck you can do 100x and that's 40 lbs. 40 lbs objects still don't fly 10 to 20 stories in the air.

Oh BTW Cavill also outflew a black hole after Zod's ship was destroyed, but I'm sure with your inability to follow a story, you'll give me a failtastic explanation that wasn't even in the movie to try and lowball that feat too. What other false info are you going to tell me about MOS? That the female and large dude fighting Superman in Smallville are Ursa and Non? That Zod chose Earth because he's a dictator and wanted to enslave humanity? That the phantom zone is a diamond that sends people to another dimension?

That's funny, you do realize that Silver Banshee is magic right? You do remember that Magic was VERY damaging to Smallville Superman right?

Silver Banshee is magic, but that doesn't mean her sonic screams are and nothing I can find says they are. And don't try and play the "every attack from a magic being is magic" card because by that logic Zatanna can KO Superman with her fist, and I'm confident she can't. This also ain't the first time a sonic scream owned SV Superman, and that other time was from a weaker, non magical opponent who made Clark bleed with her sonic scream.

But hey, lets leave out all the context with fights just to try and lowball him, why not.

Ironic statement coming from someone who's trying not to cite any of SV Superman's fights all thread.

Superman's punches from Man of Steel never sent anyone flying miles. Even when he was flying and hitting Zod as hard as he could he only sent him a few blocks.

Here's of the few all out punches SV Superman did where you can actually see where his opponent landed.

Loading Video...

That doesn't look any further than the punches Cavill and Zod were giving each other. Haven't seen all of Brainiac's appearances, but if you're talking about the Fortress of Solitude fight, that clearly wasn't miles SV Clark sent him since they fought in the Fortress and Brainiac died in the fortress which isn't miles long. Every other SV superpunch you don't see where his opponent lands, and second Bizarro punch, Bizarro flew up in the air. This is also if we just focus on his very best super punches and not some of his other superpunches like this one.

Loading Video...

The superpunch he did to Titan in that fight I don't think was even 10 feet. The Doomsday example isn't a punch. He grabbed DD, and super jump into the Lex corps facility which is something different altogether.

Since you clearly can't follow anything that happened in MOS, I'm going to have to explain it. Here's the last two part of their fight.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

1. Anyone with working pair of eyes can clearly tell both Cavill and Zod used their flight abilities to stop themselves from flying any further. Something Smallville characters apparently never thought of doing.

2. Zod flew for a few blocks before Cavill managed to catch up to him and punch him again. You see, Cavill's Superman is actually smart enough to know you don't just punch an opponent once and hope they call it quits afterwards. He knows if you're trying to stop someone, you keep on hitting them until they fall unconscious.

3. When Zod got punched, he flew completely straight with no signs of falling downwards. Meaning the distance before he hit the ground would've been far more longer than a few blocks.

4. For delivering punches that you claim can only send them flying a few blocks, it's pretty amazing how they sent each other flying into space pretty fast.

5. Then there's the part you don't want to bring up, and that's how the shockwaves from their punches has actually damaged the structures next to them. Something SV Superman has never pulled off.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@observer_guy: First off, I'm not going to read a freaking essay paper just for a debate with someone that can't even debate with respect. Shorten it, and speak with respect rather than disdain and we can debate, otherwise, don't bother tagging me.

Observer_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyways this topic is about Doomsday, not Superman, so lets actually see how Doomsday's fight against Godly Superman went like.

Loading Video...

Wow sucker attacking a guy saving a little girl who didn't even try to hit back. Clearly so impressive. BTW I'm being sarcastic. Gee with a mindset of only hitting your opponent once and hoping they call it quits, and cowering in fear against stronger opponents and not throwing any hits back, no wonder SV Superman got beat up so much on that series.

It's also ironic how a certain someone here who's been exhaustively arguing in this thread is commenting on a battle where he admittedly never even seen the movie one of the Doomsdays are from.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyways this topic is about Doomsday, not Superman, so lets actually see how Doomsday's fight against Godly Superman went like.

Loading Video...

Wow sucker attacking a guy saving a little girl who didn't even try to hit back. Clearly so impressive. BTW I'm being sarcastic. Gee with a mindset of only hitting your opponent once and hoping they call it quits, and cowering in fear against stronger opponents and not throwing any hits back, no wonder SV Superman got beat up so much on that series.

It's also ironic how a certain someone here who's been exhaustively arguing in this thread is commenting on a battle where he admittedly never even seen the movie one of the Doomsdays are from.

Unlike what you claim, I'm not commenting on the actual battle, I'm comparing the two Supermen. Don't have to see Batman vs Superman to do that when I saw Man of Steel. And, as I said before, if you had bothered to have a friendly debate rather than jumping immediately to "you're making stuff up", we could have had a nice debate, but I have no respect for people that can't be nice in their very first comment to someone else.

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@observer_guy: @randomsid82: So....r u guys discussing things about doomsday or about Superman? Cause I'm amused and confused.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RandomSid82

@dygoboy said:

@observer_guy: @randomsid82: So....r u guys discussing things about doomsday or about Superman? Cause I'm amused and confused.

I was discussing Superman himself, but I'm not going to read an entire freaking essay paper for a simple debate, especially from someone that doesn't know how to debate without being an asshole. Sorry, no respect for people like that. Besides, I have to leave for work in like 10 minutes anyway.

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajax1998: Smallville's Doomsday managed to KO Flash, Green Arrow and Canary and in both their encounters beat the ever loving crap out of Clark (actually somewhat homages the fight in the Cartoon but is much shorter). This version of Doomsday also actually adapted to whatever did kill him and pretty damn quickly too. Unfortunately we'll never know the true power of this version as he spent 95% of his time as a Bruce Banner clone.

However design wise Delacio's Doomsday is simply too awesome.

GXrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By GXrevolution

@observer_guy

Superman'a powers do not come from the atmosphere. It source of his power clealry comes from the sun as shown in BvS when it revives him. Not to mention, there is NO atmosphere in space yet Clark can still use his powers.

@randomsid82

Cavill Superman's best strength feat is only holding the TOP of a deck on an oil rig, something that only weighs upwards of 10 tons

Actually, his best strength feat is pulling an ocean liner through thick ice, putting him in the thousands of tons range. He has also carried multiple train carriages. Obviously, neither of those are remotely close to Smallville Superman's planet moving feat but still.

No Caption Provided

I am not sure about the whole him "hiding his strength" but he definitely improved a lot during the years between MOS and BVS. He also took explosions and bullets much better. In MOS, they bothered him or stunned him at times. In BVS, they have no effect on him.