• 189 results
#1 Posted by Subline (7820 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Doomsday is fully adapted.
  • The Brutes are Fenris, Cull Obsidian, Hulk, The Destroyer & Kurse.
  • Takes place in New York City.
  • Morals on (It's not like they have any).
#3 Posted by xZone (10334 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse is the largest factor here. I think the team should be able to restrain Doomsday

X

#4 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Team wouldn’t be able to put him down for good unfortunately.

#5 Posted by jayc1324 (26422 posts) - - Show Bio

Team. DD was held by Wonder Woman so these guys can restrain him and hit him until he dies or is knocked out.

#6 Edited by ANTHP2000 (26903 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday kills them.

#7 Posted by TheGrat1 (474 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday is a bowling ball and they are the pins.

#8 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (2958 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday one-shots all but Kurse. Kurse provides some challenge, but even he doesn't last long.

#9 Posted by jagernutt (16331 posts) - - Show Bio

Fenris eats him

#10 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday. He overpowered a bullrushing Superman with one arm and survived a nuke.

#11 Posted by AllHellKingDox (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Dd is the number 1 undisputed live action brick its that simple throw in faora, namek, nothing changes

#12 Edited by Amcu (16628 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday stomps. Tanked a nuke and Superman's strikes did very little to him. His striking was good enough to stop bullrushes from Clark and he also sent Clark flying thousands of feet away with a punch.

His durability is already enough to insure he doesn't get put down but his healing factor seals the deal. Team has absoutely no chance at victory.

#13 Posted by mexcomics2078 (2632 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday

#14 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8113 posts) - - Show Bio

DD hardstomps

#15 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10254 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday dies and comes back stronger. Doomsday dies and comes back stronger. Doomsday dies and comes back stronger. Doomsday dies and comes back stronger. Doomsday dies and comes back stronger...Doomsday eventually gets strong enough to kill all of them.

#16 Posted by Amcu (16628 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

Kurse is the largest factor here. I think the team should be able to restrain Doomsday

X

@jayc1324 said:

Team. DD was held by Wonder Woman so these guys can restrain him and hit him until he dies or is knocked out.

How are they putting him down? Doomsday being restrained by Diana isn't his only strength feat, he did overpower Clark. And that's if she really restrained him at all. Looking at the scene he didn't seem to be trying very hard to break out of her lasso and after Clark stabbed him with the spear he broke right out of her grasp despite being in bad condition. You also have to consider the fact that he has his AOE which can help him deal with a dogpile.

Overall Doomsday's damage soak is just way too much IMO. He tanked a nuke without seeming to be damaged and doesn't have the counter feats to make me think he gets hurt notably by things that are less powerful(At least not post adaption). Superman punched him thousands upon thousands of feet straight up before the nuke and it did nothing. By the time he reached peak power I don't think Clark could hurt him at all. Hulk has the best striking power here and I don't see him hitting with enough force to put DD down before vice versa just accounting for durability. But when you throw in his healing factor I don't see how its even a debate. He easily healed from a severe slash to the leg by Diana within seconds. So even if they did damage to Doomsday it wouldn't matter unless they can actually severely damage his body which I don't see them doing.

I'm also not convinced that any of them are stronger than Doomsday unless your scaling to current Thor.

#17 Edited by KanyeCosby (7062 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday stomps. They have no way to put him down.

#18 Posted by xZone (10334 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: There are a few different ways you can look at this

1) If Hulk scales to current Thor strength wise he could probably restrain doomsday himself, let alone the entire team here

2) If you don’t think that scaling works (which I’m more inclined to agree with) Kurse+Team should put doomsday down or restrain him. I think people forget just how impressive Kurse was. The dude one-shot the palace shields in TDW which were tanking the dark elf ships hitting in to them, and he was beating down a hammerless Thor, something Hulk had a very hard time doing

Basically, Hulk+Kurse duo if Hulk still scales to Thor or the team dog piles and restrains him. The destroyer armor and cull are basically non-factors

X

#19 Posted by jayc1324 (26422 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:
@jayc1324 said:

How are they putting him down? Doomsday being restrained by Diana isn't his only strength feat, he did overpower Clark. And that's if she really restrained him at all. Looking at the scene he didn't seem to be trying very hard to break out of her lasso and after Clark stabbed him with the spear he broke right out of her grasp despite being in bad condition. You also have to consider the fact that he has his AOE which can help him deal with a dogpile.

They put him down by hitting him repeatedly until he is dead or knocked out. AOE isn't gonna hurt anyone. It destroyed buildings, these guys are more durable. It'll help DD for a bit but delay the inevitable.

Overall Doomsday's damage soak is just way too much IMO. He tanked a nuke without seeming to be damaged and doesn't have the counter feats to make me think he gets hurt notably by things that are less powerful(At least not post adaption).

Idk if a nuke is comparable to blunt force damage of being punched in the face. It is also possible Fenris can bite him, since he bit Hulk and both DD and Hulk tanked bullets (so they have the same piercing durability). DD never took any piercing attack stronger than Fenris's teeth.

Superman punched him thousands upon thousands of feet straight up before the nuke and it did nothing. By the time he reached peak power I don't think Clark could hurt him at all. Hulk has the best striking power here and I don't see him hitting with enough force to put DD down before vice versa just accounting for durability. But when you throw in his healing factor I don't see how its even a debate. He easily healed from a severe slash to the leg by Diana within seconds. So even if they did damage to Doomsday it wouldn't matter unless they can actually severely damage his body which I don't see them doing.

I'm also not convinced that any of them are stronger than Doomsday unless your scaling to current Thor.

Idk if they are stronger than DD, that's not relevant to my argument. I do think Hulk and Kurse are strong enough to grab an arm and restrain one of his arms while the others attack him.

#20 Posted by Amcu (16628 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone:

Kurse one shotted the shield that was protecting the device that was powering the shield around the Asgardian palace. But there's not sufficient proof that those where the same. They where the same type of energy sure and where shaped the same but one was massively larger than the other and considering it was protecting the entire palace I could see reason to believing that that one was more powerful.

Beating down a hammerless Thor is nice but its not that insane unless you are again scaling him to current Thor. Doomsday was capable of casually overpowering Superman. His scaling is clear cut IMO without any reason to not believe in it and based on it his strength is higher than either Hulk or Kurse without the scaling that they need to current Thor.

This is again not accounting for the fact that Doomsday can escape dogpile with his AOE. Which is more powerful than any energy attack that either Kurse or Hulk has taken by the way.

More importantly still is the fact that physically restraining doesn't beat an opponent. They're not putting Doomsday down.

#21 Posted by Amcu (16628 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324:

They put him down by hitting him repeatedly until he is dead or knocked out.

How exactly do they get past the healing factor?

AOE isn't gonna hurt anyone. It destroyed buildings, these guys are more durable. It'll help DD for a bit but delay the inevitable.

His AOE wiped out dozens of buildings and sent a shockwave for thousands of feet.

Loading Video...

Your seriously underrating it if you think it won't do damage to everyone here. They're not going to be thousands of feet from the blast where they would only endure a tiny fraction of the force like say Wonder Woman and Superman. If they're dogpilling Doomsday they'll be in the epicenter. No one here has good energy durability feats TBH.

Hulk's best are taking blasts from Chitauri, Hulkbuster and relatively weak lightning blast from Thor's hand. Kurse's best is tanking a large room sized explosion. Fenris's best is tanking some energy bullets and Cull's best are tanking repulsor's from Iron Man. The Destroyer doesn't have any energy durability feats at all IIRC. Even by general durability feats this blast would most certainly harm them. Honestly you can make a strong case that the AOE will one shot everyone here if they're in the epicenter.

Idk if a nuke is comparable to blunt force damage of being punched in the face. It is also possible Fenris can bite him, since he bit Hulk and both DD and Hulk tanked bullets (so they have the same piercing durability). DD never took any piercing attack stronger than Fenris's teeth.

I tend to assume nukes carry force but if we're saying it didn't have any force due to space than we can just go with what Superman did to Doomsday. Hit him over and over and never did close to enough damage as would be needed to KO Doomsday. Do you seriously believe that Hulk or Kurse dwarf Superman so severely in striking power that they would actually KO or kill Doomsday? I don't.

I also tended to have Doomsday above Hulk in piercing durability due to the nuke. I tend to operate under the belief that if a character doesn't seem to have any sort of weakness to piercing attacks and have proven that through feats(like no selling bullets)and also have great general durability than we can rate their piercing durability off of their general durability. There may be certain instances where this doesn't work but generally I tend to think it does. Otherwise characters like Iron Man or Luke Cage could have as good piercing durability as some high tiers that are above their league IMO.

But even if we are extremely strict with piercing feats and say Fenris can pierce him I don't see them winning. In order to do so Fenris has to get hold of Doomsday's head and bite it off. I don't know how likely it is that that will happen. Fenris never managed to get Hulk's head in their exchange. Doomsday is stronger than Superman who himself is stronger than anyone here. Doomsday is far faster as he consistently reacted to and overwhelmed both Diana and Clark who are themselves much faster than anyone here. DD has AOE attacks and to add to his impressive durability a very potent healing factor. The team does not have perfect teamwork here and them managing to perfectly grab hold of him so that Fenris can bite off his head doesn't seem likely to me.

#22 Posted by Kirkseven (2672 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they've damaged anyone on Doomsday's level of durability, he should have the strength to beat each of them down into submission. His electrokinesis and HV attacks should be able to blow away or stagger his opponents if they manage to surround him.

#23 Posted by Amcu (16628 posts) - - Show Bio

I totally forgot about heat vision.

#24 Posted by DammeFavour (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

They can't even hold him down. He kills then easily

#25 Posted by ThunderPrince (6968 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse solos with a black hole grenade.

#26 Posted by mrmonster (15147 posts) - - Show Bio

Brutes

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#27 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15873 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderprince: Superman escaped the Pham on zones pull which was compared to a black hole, Doomsday would most likely overcome that grenade.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#28 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15873 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday slaps them silly

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
#29 Posted by darthvaderrocks (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: Hulk and Kurse doesn't need scaling to Thor when they consistently overpowered him in their fights. That's why Hela is stronger than Thor even after IW because she consistently overpowered him with just her physicals.

#30 Posted by destinyman75 (14256 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we joking really??? Lol Doomsday gets slaughterd. He can't put Destroyer down period. Plus that beam of his will turn him into nothing destroyer solos. Add Kurse black gernade, hulk and Fenris and this is strait up SPITE.... Sure Lacky of the Titan would die quickly, maybe even Fenris falls but still SPITE....

#31 Posted by destinyman75 (14256 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: Not likely Doomsday won't survive Implosion even if he did he'd die right after in whatever state he was in. Then the Destroyer would turn him into nothing, plus all the others no way he survives

#32 Posted by destinyman75 (14256 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by destinyman75 (14256 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: You live up to Your name madness that comment lol...He ain't doing squat to the destroyer, let alone surving a black hole gernade let alone again all the others. Be would take a few with him sure but no way does he win here it's spite for the team...

#34 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12537 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday after a brutal fight

#35 Posted by DammeFavour (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: I am? You think the destroyer beam is gonna destroy doomsday and is durable enough to survive him. Yeah you're hilarious mate

#36 Posted by PrimelyGreat (584 posts) - - Show Bio

The longer the fight goes, the stronger Doomsday will get. I can't see how the team can win this. He also has the speed advantage and can't get blitzed by anyone here.

#37 Posted by Rajjar (1772 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu

What of Kurse's tech?

And IIRC DD's ability to utilize bio-electricity seems to be attached to his feelings of pain and the amount of kinetic energy he absorbs, based on the two to three showings we've seen it appear.

#38 Posted by Matthew660 (1645 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Kurse have his black hole bombs? Those are op af. If not doomsday 2-4 shots each of them.

#39 Posted by Amcu (16628 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar said:

@amcu

What of Kurse's tech?

And IIRC DD's ability to utilize bio-electricity seems to be attached to his feelings of pain and the amount of kinetic energy he absorbs, based on the two to three showings we've seen it appear.

I'll admit I hadn't considered that. Kurse's black hole grenades are their only hope.

I don't really know about Doomsday's AOE being attached to pain, I could see that but regardless if it happened in BvS than I don't know why it wouldn't happen here. As for kinetic energy if the team wants to damage him they're probably going to be hitting him which will give him the power he needs.

#40 Posted by grappolo (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

Another stomp for Doomsday.

#41 Posted by destinyman75 (14256 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: yep sure will, his skin isn't nearly as tough as that beam

#42 Posted by Richubs (4193 posts) - - Show Bio

DD wins pretty easily

#43 Posted by deltahuman (4969 posts) - - Show Bio

Destroyer : Non Factor. Doomsday no sold a nuke. Destroyer can't even tickle him

Kurse : Will only amp Doomsday with hits. Plus he's slow AF. Doomsday steps on him sooner or later

Hulk: Lasts the longest due to his mobility and combat speed. Lacks the damage output to harm Doomsday . Will only amp him with hits. Doomsday steps on him

Cull: Gets Disintegrated by HV or AoE. Basically a Non Factor who's not even worthy to be near Doomsday.

Fenris: Doomsday melts it with HV or obliterates it with AoE. If it gets close, Doomsday tears it apart

#44 Posted by TonyMartial (9290 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

Doomsday stomps. Tanked a nuke and Superman's strikes did very little to him. His striking was good enough to stop bullrushes from Clark and he also sent Clark flying thousands of feet away with a punch.

His durability is already enough to insure he doesn't get put down but his healing factor seals the deal. Team has absoutely no chance at victory.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#45 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7323 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: get out of here the Destroyers beam didnt even one shot the fat warriors 3 guy

#46 Posted by ThunderPrince (6968 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderprince: Superman escaped the Pham on zones pull which was compared to a black hole, Doomsday would most likely overcome that grenade.

It depends on how close it is when it detonates. Superman was quite a distance from the Phantom zone's central point while DD will most likely be much closer if Kurse has any level of accuracy.

#47 Posted by destinyman75 (14256 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by uchihaghost (832 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday destroys this team, add in abomination, Gemless Thanos and Namek and the result will still be the same because they do not have nuke + level firepower to affect him, he is massively faster (fighting and reacting to supes) has stronger heat vision than supes, Huge AOE lightning attacks, can fly and has piercing attack which can oneshot anyone here. Doomsday is the type of character numbers don't matter too, its either you are stronger or weaker (or have hax to affect him) if you're weaker you can't do anything to him.

#49 Edited by Rajjar (1772 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:
@rajjar said:

@amcu

What of Kurse's tech?

I'll admit I hadn't considered that. Kurse's black hole grenades are their only hope.

I think it's their only way to hurt him as well. Fenris's teeth may be able to pierce, but perfect teamwork isn't on for them to draw and quarter DD and have Fenris chew him up. Independently, if Fenris actually tries it the same way , DD gets arrested for animal cruelty.

I don't really know about Doomsday's AOE being attached to pain, I could see that

Well, IIRC, I saw the bio-electricity come out of DD 4 times.

One was right after Clark blitzed him with a supersonic bullrush, and Clark had a decent amount of space to build up his charge. That caused a whole set of explosions in the chemical silo. That was right after the nuke blew up on him and sent him propelling toward atmospheric re-entry on Stryker's Island. I don't think he no-sold that. Considering DD's energy absorption, and that what DD absorbed is a lot of pre-requisite energy, I don't think he can convert it to the scale of the feat.

Now onto the pain.

The second time was when Diana chopped his arm off. Those bolts began to spark once more, and he then proceeded to blast her with HV. But I wasn't convinced by this alone. He could be charging that HV up, after all.

No Caption Provided

What I do notice is that outside an AOE, those bolts aren't really all that. I consider that to be because the AOE had a sort of kinetic force that was paired with the forcefield.

No Caption Provided

I believe that to be what was pushing Clark and Diana back, given that I didn't really see much of an interaction with them and the energy bolts (besides Diana's shield, possibly).

The third time, I'm not sure, because DD was releasing energy everywhere. This was when Diana trapped him in the lasso. It might have been because of the energy he stored from the fight, and/or because he was struggling with the Lasso's restraints. However, I see my theory confirmed with the kinetic force being a major cause for the effect in the AOE attack, because it is clear the electricity on its own isn't doing even a fraction as much in the AOE feat. To me, the electricity doesn't seem powerful to stack up with the kinetic portion in this thread. And while I admit that the AOE feat is a significant reason to vote down the team, I simply don't see it being done to that enormous scale with the power that this team will bring.

All in all, I don't think this gif contradicts my theory, but its support is a bit shaky, since it is centered around struggle than receiving direct pain.

No Caption Provided

Thankfully, I got one more.

The fourth time was when Clark stabbed him with the K-spear, and this was what convinced me entirely. Those other feats could not even exist, and my theory would be validated as strongly as it is with all of them together. That cry of pain that simultaneously happened with the electricity release was gold for my theory, when compared with the rest.

No Caption Provided

but regardless if it happened in BvS than I don't know why it wouldn't happen here.

Well, I think that you are right that it will happen. I'm just presenting my view on how DD's energy attacks independent of HV are shaped by situational/physiological factors in this fight, and perhaps a lot of the fights that involve him. I believe it is significant enough to be worth talking about in regard to scale independently of whether or not DD actually engages in such combat.

As for kinetic energy if the team wants to damage him they're probably going to be hitting him which will give him the power he needs.

You are right, but for any significant (my standard for significant being "visible glow on screen") effect, they would have to be knocking him into the air like Clark and Diana did. If it goes into an all out brawl, I think DD could get swarmed and take some blunt force damage. I mean, Diana was able to do it, and her striking capabilities aren't on MCU Hulk's level AFAIK. And as the gifs indicate, those blows don't convert into the best of damage output, when it comes to bio-electricity on DD's part.

That said, I think DD kills everybody but Kurse and Hulk, and grenades will take care of him easily after the aftermath of the slaughterfest reveals that those two are surviving. Hulk's got some good feats on his part, and Kurse could land a grenade anytime, especially with the amount of fighters here. Realistically, 3/5 of them are going to get wrecked, IMO. I don't think much of the Destroyer except for its energy capacity being small town level (IIRC it might be the Odinforce, with the physical energy resembling that of Odin and due to its link with Gungnir) and it having that ability of retrograde positioning, which acts as a very good regen factor. Fenris is lacking the feats to contend with DD's strength; her teeth could be the only thing worth talking about besides those cracks on the Bifrost, and that's not likely to be relevant without her getting close to DD. I don't think she can handle that for long, given her fight with Hulk. Cull is only where he is by scaling because of the Hulkbuster fight, and that was Bruce fighting, not Stark. I think he is the last one to go down, though, since he isn't as agile (nor as strong) as Hulk is, as far as feats go.

@thunderprince said:
@ready_4_madness said:

It depends on how close it is when it detonates. Superman was quite a distance from the Phantom zone's central point while DD will most likely be much closer if Kurse has any level of accuracy.

I'd like to add the point that DD isn't quite as smart as Superman, so he won't be looking to dodge those pocket singularities.

#50 Posted by DammeFavour (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: are you OK? His skin tanked a nuke, superman's heat vision alone is more powerful than the destroyer and he tanked it but heh we're just MCU Haters yea?