Dooku vs Kyp Durron

Alex7861able

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alex7861able

Both go all out, both are at their peak. Fight is a arena and they are 100 feet apart.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jeanroygrant

Dooku

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Silver2467

Not sure about which one of them is more powerful, and their physical stats should be equal. But Dooku is certainly a better duelist. He has beaten characters such as Quinlan Vos, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mace, Tholme, Sora Bulq, Grievous, Ventress, and so on. Kyp has no skill feats to compare. Dooku wins.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By steelhound56

Kyp slaughters.

He is the second most powerful (debatable, but he has a valid claim) Jedi in the NJO under Luke Skywalker. The dude has some absolutely insane Force feats,

He used a destroyed freighter as a telekinetic weapon in Dark Journey.

He was able to hurl proton torpedoes with great speed at Yuuzhan Vong via TK in Star by Star

He threw Corran Horn clear across a hangar bay with TK IIRC

If it were a straight up saber fight Dooku would probably take him, as Kyp never really impressed me with a lightsaber. But in an all-out fight Kyp simply annihilates him using his superior (by showings) Force abilities

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steelhound56 said:

Kyp slaughters.

He is the second most powerful (debatable, but he has a valid claim) Jedi in the NJO under Luke Skywalker. The dude has some absolutely insane Force feats,

He was able to hurl proton torpedoes with great speed at Yuuzhan Vong via TK in Star by Star

If it were a straight up saber fight Dooku would probably take him, as Kyp never really impressed me with a lightsaber. But in an all-out fight Kyp simply annihilates him using his superior (by showings) Force abilities

Title of second most powerful goes to Jacen Solo.

The proton torpedos were part of the shadow bomb manuever and he wasn't the only Jedi to do such a thing.

I'm gonna say Dooku would win this, as it comes down to both saber skill and force power. Dooku's skill with the blade trumps Kyp's and as we've seen with Obi-Wan and Anakin and heard of in terms of Mace and Yoda, he's able to stand with some of the most powerful force users of his time.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Silver2467
@steelhound56 said:

Kyp slaughters.

I would place Jacen in that category, and Streen is a contender also. 

None of this leads me to believe he is so far beyond Dooku's level of power that he would win easily by any stretch, especially not with TK, which Dooku is resistant to. Anakin and Yoda have better telekinetic feats than Kyp does, but they never outright stomped Dooku with it. Why would Kyp?

It was across a kitchen, as I recall, and this was while Kyp was being influenced by Exar Kun and before Corran had achieved much substantial power. On the other hand, we have Dooku, who has wrecked Jedi with TK alone, such as Obi-Wan, Quin, and Ventress. 

Nothing Kyp has done (from erasing memories to plotting courses through hyperspace to throwing freighter-class vessels to hurling boulders at TIEs to deflecting blaster bolts from multiple stormtroopers) is so overwhelmingly superior to Dooku that he would gain an obvious victory, especially not against an opponent like Dooku, who has a habit of causing his enemies to doubt their own talents.
Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^And then there's the fact that Dooku was a master of TK. And when I say that, I mean he actually taught classes and gave leactures on the art. Not saying this makes him the best at it, just saying its something to consider.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By steelhound56

^^ True, Jacen did probably surpass Kyp at some point

Dooku is clearly better with the blade, which is essentially what Jedi vs Jedi combat boils down to more often than not

I change my opinion, Dooku takes this. He did casually own several renowned duelists with his own skills, and was strong enough in the Force to be considered one of the best Masters in the Order before he left it. Having both Yoda and Sidious as personal teachers probably doesnt hurt either...

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Silver2467

On further consideration, I do agree that Kyp is more powerful despite my first post, as he has demonstrated a few feats I forgot about, such as when he used Alter Environment to call down a lightning bolt during Jedi Academy: Leviathan. His offensive Force powers do appear to be stronger, just not to the level necessary to win over Dooku in a straight fight.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By steelhound56

Indeed. He was descibed as having "frightening potential" by Luke when he first recruited him, thats gotta be saying something.

But Dooku is the better rounded, more refined overall fighter. He takes this despite being slightly outgunned by Kyp's Force abilities.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Going with Dooku.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Bump.

Going all out, and with 100 feet of space, I can see Kyp straight out wrecking The Count with the Force, without even having to engage in a battle of swords. Dooku is the better duelist by a fair margin, but I doubt he'll ever get that chance to out duel Durron. Even if Dooku did close the gap and make it a fencing match, Kyp is skilled enough with the blade, sufficient enough in tactical ability to hold him off, find the necessary space, and unleash powerful telekinetic burst' that would utterly crush Dooku.

Kyp 6-7/10 under these conditions.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bumpy-wumpy.

Sirfizwhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku.

CrystalFire7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For now I will give my vote on Darth Tyranus.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c508820920c0
deactivated-5c508820920c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyp FTW, m8's!!

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 noobsnowman  Online

Still Dooku, noticeably superior duelist and strong enough in the force not to get ragdolled by Kyp.

Slash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning towards Dooku

Avatar image for daddyprometheus
DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyp stomps.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku wrecks. The Dovin Basil feat is overhyped and if you want play the feats game Dooku scales above it anyway.

DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daddyprometheus:

Wrong on the first thing

Dovin Basils can be overridden by standard inertial compensators.

The droid did as commanded, and the shiver that had gone through the X- wing quit. Gavin smiled broadly. To avoid the wear and tear of gravity and inertia on the pilots and fighters, each X-wing came with an inertial compensator built in. It allowed the X-wings to perform very high-speed, high-inertial maneuvers without structural damage to the ship and physical damage to the pilot. By expanding the area covered by this field to thirteen meters-putting it out beyond the shields-the compensator treated the Yuuzhan Vong gravity beams like anything else stressing the fighter.

Dark Tide Onslaught

The same compensators that that can be overridden by standard impacts. So yes. It is massively overhyped.

but how would Dooku scale above it?

Because Dooku scales several ragdoll gaps above a few weeks post AotC Obi-Wan who is able to outdo post NJO Luke Skywalker in power

Sinking into the Force, he gathered its measureless power to him. Felt the light fill him, sparkling in his blood. Once he was supremely centered, aware of himself and his place in the universe, aware of Organa's place, the duet they sang within the Force's living glory, he extended his senses and control. Wrapped them around the struggling starship, the gliding brick, and cradled it in a cocoon of pure light-side energy. Immediately the ship's sluggish inertia smoothed. Became malleable. Frictionless now, and rendered opaque to any prying eyes that might be watching, it floated toward their target, the space station.

- Wild Space

That the effort of which Palpatine'd Luke Skywalker post NJO

Luke was sure. By then, he had opened himself wide to the Force, and it was pouring in from all sides, filling him with a maelstrom of power, imbuing his whole body with its energy.

A bang sounded back in the engineering bay as a power circuit overloaded, then the lights dimmed as R2-D2 redistributed shield power. Luke felt a surge of anxiety from Mara, but pushed it to one side so he could concentrate on the task at hand. He formed an imaginary picture of the Shadow's exterior, then expanded it into the Force, moving it from his mind out into the cockpit.

Mara turned around and inspected the image carefully, then said, "Looks good."

Luke continued to enlarge the image, extending it into every corner of the vessel, taking his time to absorb the attributes that made up the Shadow's sensor signature. He began to grow tired, but ignored his fatigue and expanded the illusion until it covered the entire ship like an imaginary skin.

Another bang sounded in the engineering bay. This time, before R2-D2 could redistribute power, the sound was followed by the muffled thuds of several hull hits. Mara hit the crash alert, closing all airtight doors and activating the pressure stop-loss systems, then spoke over the intercom.

"Nanna, get Ben into his vac suit."

"I've already done that," the droid responded. "We're waiting at our evacuation station now. Perhaps you should come-"

"Nanna, you short-circuit!" Ben's voice said. "We're fine. Dad said so!"

Trying not to be distracted by his son-or by the steadily growing shudder of the barrage of dartship attacks-Luke brought to mind another image of the Shadow, this time with a black, star-speckled veneer that resembled the emptiness of deep space. Instead of absorbing the ship's sensor signature, however, he blanketed it with a layer of cold emptiness.

Once the illusory skins were in place, he carefully adjusted them, drawing the masking image tight against the hull here, pushing the counterfeit out a little there. The effort of maintaining both illusions began to deplete the energy running through him, so Luke opened himself up completely, using his fear for Ben's life, his anger at the insects that were threatening it, to draw more Force into himself. Every centimeter of his body began to nettle with its sting, and a faint aura arose from his skin.

A third bang sounded from the engineering bay.

"How about that decoy, Skywalker?" Mara asked. "Our shields can't take-"

Luke released the outer skin. "Go!"

Mara shoved the throttles to overload, then, half a second later, shut down the drives. The Shadow slid out of her double and-still masked by the dark veneer Luke had constructed - glided quietly away from the Force illusion.

The shuddering stopped. Luke continued to maintain both illusions, the Force pouring through him like fire, burning more fiercely every moment. He was drawing more energy than his body was conditioned to endure, literally burning himself up from the inside. It was not really a dark side act-to a modern Jedi, the dark side was more a matter of intent than deed-but it felt that way to him. According to Mara, this was what happened to Palpatine, and Luke believed her. He could feel himself aging-his cells weakening, the membranes growing thin and the cytoplasm simmering, the nuclei coming apart.

The air around him began to crackle with static.

R2-D2 extended a fire extinguisher and started toward Luke, squealing in alarm.

- New Jedi Order: Dark Nest II

This is the same Kenobi beginning of clones wars Dooku no diffs. In fact Dooku contends with powers capable of ragdolling Kenobi and Mace simultaneously after this. And this isn't even taking into account other scaling Dooku gets which place him on this level.

DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greysentinel365: lol that's not even the same function of the Dovin Basal, you are doing the same thing as the guys that say the voids are moon level just because a Dovin Basal brought down a moon with a different function, extremely flawed logic there.