Does Miles Morales always lose? Miles vs Gambit

• 62 results
Edited 2 years, 5 months ago

Poll: Does Miles Morales always lose? Miles vs Gambit (62 votes)

Miles Wins 47%
Gambit Wins 50%
Either Way 3%

Credit to @k4tzm4n own Does Batman Always Win segments. Check them out. Every week or two I will make a new match, and keep track of Miles wins and losses. Have some stats if Miles as a Spider man character simply lose all the time to other Street Tiers. See what he looks like after a few months of street tiers. Miles Current Streak.

Losses

Miles vs Batman Beyond

Miles vs Blade

Miles vs X-23

Miles vs Black Panther

Miles vs Red Hood

Miles vs Captain America

Wins

Miles vs Bane

Miles va Daredevil

Draws

None

This Weeks Match.

No Caption Provided

Battle forum rules.

• Death or KO.
  • Standard Gear. As in gear used more than once and easily reachable for said character.
  • Start 20 feet apart in a city street.
  • No BFR.
  • Morals on and in character.
  • Everyone is current or last seen for versions.

Match will close Friday. Results will be tallied in the next post.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#1 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43905 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah here we go

#2 Posted by Sy8000 (36016 posts) - - Show Bio

I did make this you know.

#3 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

I did make this you know.

You made a vote on Miles Morales Always lose match? Link? That be hella cool.

#4 Edited by Vertigo- (17926 posts) - - Show Bio

The real question is: who wins between Gambit and Cyclops?

@warlockmage@god_spawn

OT: Don't know enough about Gambit

#5 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43905 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93:

*cough*

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/cav-kidman-gambit-dp-vs-higorm-cyke-psylock-vote-1507280/

#6 Edited by Vertigo- (17926 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by LlehDevil (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

I said Either Way

#8 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43905 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: Ah, haven't actually seen that one. They got into it on the one I posted too.

#9 Posted by Vertigo- (17926 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: yeah, I read the post-debate comments. One of these days, they should do a rematch. It'd be legendary

#10 Posted by Warlockmage (9533 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: yeah, I read the post-debate comments. One of these days, they should do a rematch. It'd be legendary

see the thing is Blackestnight

ASS doesn't care for me... like at all. whille you are being earnest in your wishes, his entire purpose is an attempt to get a rise out of me.

but thats all in the past if i really wanted too all i'd need to do is find that Daredevil vs Red Hood debate and it'd be just as fun.

however @god_spawn doesn't have the time for a CaV (real world probs) and its been at least a year and half since ive picked up a book that had Gambit in it. I would need to reread Gambit for a CaV of that caliber.

#11 Posted by Vertigo- (17926 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for christianrapper
#12 Posted by christianrapper (6598 posts) - - Show Bio

can gambit cause anything to explode? can he blow up a person if he felt like it?

#13 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

can gambit cause anything to explode? can he blow up a person if he felt like it?

No, he could only do this with a specific version of him.

#14 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18949 posts) - - Show Bio

Not according to cap

No Caption Provided

#15 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper said:

Not according to cap

No Caption Provided

That was his armor. Not his body. Gambit cannot charge Organic material. Dont spread mis info now.

#16 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43905 posts) - - Show Bio

What does Miles have for durablility feats?

Cap did shrug off the explosion from the above post.

#17 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18949 posts) - - Show Bio

@watcher5000 said:
@christianrapper said:

Not according to cap

No Caption Provided

That was his armor. Not his body. Gambit cannot charge Organic material. Dont spread mis info now.

Are you serious? The guy asked can gambit charge organics and I said not according to cap, as Cap clearly says he can't.

#18 Posted by jashro44 (55203 posts) - - Show Bio

@watcher5000 said:
@christianrapper said:

Not according to cap

No Caption Provided

Cap was actually saying gambit couldn't explode organics. With that said cap was wrong. Gambits powers have evolved. He blew off Dakens arm:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
Daekn #8

#19 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18949 posts) - - Show Bio

He was shown to be perfectly fine after an explosion caused by ultimate taskmaster

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

#20 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43905 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for indomitableregal
#21 Posted by IndomitableRegal (17668 posts) - - Show Bio

I call PIS on that lol. For what it's worth, he apparently blew X-23 to pieces in her current All New Wolverine run.

No Caption Provided

In the next issue, she woke up in a hospital bed and Angel comments that he "flew the pieces of her there".

#22 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43905 posts) - - Show Bio

@indomitableregal: Weird. Sucks that we don't actually see it happen. That said, I'd assume that Cap/Miles would have better durability then X23, she heals, but she's not actually as tough to hurt.

#23 Posted by jashro44 (55203 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for indomitableregal
#24 Posted by IndomitableRegal (17668 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: Yeah. Maybe they couldn't find a safe way to show dismemberment or something. And outside of her healing factor, you're probably right about the durability.

@jashro44: With Laura, he probably took her healing factor into account.

#25 Posted by Warlockmage (9533 posts) - - Show Bio
@watcher5000 said:
@christianrapper said:

Not according to cap

No Caption Provided

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/god_spawn/blog/avx-misconception-can-gambit-charge-organic-matter/80752/

Fizzy do you even research before you spread blatant lies or naw? because Gambit has charged organic material several times... he charged Sebastian Shaw up as well.

#26 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:
@watcher5000 said:
@christianrapper said:

Not according to cap

No Caption Provided

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/god_spawn/blog/avx-misconception-can-gambit-charge-organic-matter/80752/

Fizzy do you even research before you spread blatant lies or naw? because Gambit has charged organic material several times... he charged Sebastian Shaw up as well.

Yet there is many stated sources that says he cannot. Including his Bio in Encyclopedias, and Marvel.com.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So that is either missing context or bad writing.

#27 Edited by God_Spawn (43560 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Marvel.com is no different a wiki and is notoriously worst than most others, and they barely even update. The Gambit page itself has info last updated from early 2000's. Bios are also based off of research and can be discredited via feats. Breevort recently said some of their authors don't get it 100% of the time.

And none of those Gambit charging organic matter showings are missing any context either.

Moderator Online
#28 Posted by Erik_Soong (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Marvel.com is no different a wiki and is notoriously worst than most others, and they barely even update. The Gambit page itself has info last updated from early 2000's. Bios are also based off of research and can be discredited via feats. Breevort recently said some of their authors don't get it 100% of the time.

And none of those Gambit charging organic matter showings are missing any context either.

+1

#29 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree. Sorry. I seen few Bios on this stating inanimated objects and non organic matter. This is consistent theme in shows, movies, and other versions of the character in comics. Pretty sure its been stated within the 616 comics too though I cannot pin point that for sure. Still if we are going to argue this debate, two questions.

1) So why does Gambit not charge up everyone and make them explode?

2) Are you arguing Gambit will charge up Miles and make him explode here? Sounds.... wrong.

#30 Posted by Pipxeroth (9813 posts) - - Show Bio

My boi Gambit

#31 Posted by King_Nomarch (2115 posts) - - Show Bio

Miles

#32 Posted by Erik_Soong (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree. Sorry. I seen few Bios on this stating inanimated objects and non organic matter.

I can't remember a time where bios held a higher order of consideration in debate than actual feats. Bios are supplementary to canon.

This is consistent theme in shows, movies, and other versions of the character in comics.

Which are non-canon to the version you are using.

Pretty sure its been stated within the 616 comics too though I cannot pin point that for sure.

This is correct. It has been stated many times in the 616 universe. However, powers evolve over time and we have several recent feats that support Gambit's ability to charge organic matter. Even early in Gambit's career, he had the ability to charge organic matter. It has been some time since I read the issues but if memory serves, Gambit had a control issue that he sought out Sinister for help with. Even if my memory is wrong though, the recent showings of Gambit charging organic matter trump bios from the early 2000s.

Still if we are going to argue this debate, two questions.

Because he isn't a psychopath? It takes a bit of pushing before Gambit is willing to go that far but he has been shown to be willing to go there if he deems it necessary.

2) Are you arguing Gambit will charge up Miles and make him explode here? Sounds.... wrong.

I doubt that GS was arguing that, though I don't want to put words in his mouth. Arguing for an ability being available is different than arguing for its use.

#33 Posted by God_Spawn (43560 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Bios just give a rough attempt of what characters can do. Without research, they can be wrong. It's like me saying because no bio has ever said Miles' venom sting attacks demons differently so it isn't valid. Now, I'm not debating the legitimacy of the showing itself but merely stating that because a bio doesn't state it is makes it false when it's a writer that also writes and updates these bios and you also have an editor saying that sometimes these bios are wrong. According to bios Steve Rogers can only press 800 pounds and yet he's thrown through tanks, trucks, thrown concrete slabs up two story buildings. Daredevil's apparent press limit is 400-450 pounds yet he's swung that around like a barbell and thrown that amount of weight; and flipped over limos. So based off feats, bios aren't holding true. Bios are evidence itself and like evidence, still need feats to back them up.

With that said I point out Gambit saying he can charge only inorganic material in my blog itself and offer counterpoints. Charging Sebastian Shaw. Charging Daken's arm off. When turned into a reptile he charged another reptile. He charged his own hand. Gambits natural progression of power is to charge organic matter. So him doing it isn't far fetched and well within the realm of possibility. I get there is no official statement but because of using consistent feats as a base for debate here it's usable.

And to answer your questions:

1) Because it's not in his character to do so and he's only done it so often. Captain America was directly charged and he only attempted to get him KO'd and underestimated him, but realistically should have done so. He charged an android dude in his last so solo and did so via his clothes. He also charged Daken's arm. He's never charged someone to the point of death and has only been doing so over the last couple years. He's been charging organic matter for almost the last 10 years.

2) I never implied anything or stated anything in regards to the fight. You merely said he couldn't charge organic matter and I pointed out instances of him doing so.

Moderator Online
#34 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: @erik_soong: seems conflicting to what is stated in bios and comics at times. But if it is a more recent thing, then fair enough.

#35 Posted by Erik_Soong (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: @erik_soong: seems conflicting to what is stated in bios and comics at times. But if it is a more recent thing, then fair enough.

You're right about the conflicting info. This is a lack of communication among the writers, I think, which was frustrating to see in this and in other topics.

However, I think the Cap issue (at least in terms of story) might be that he simply doesn't know Gambit, nor does he necessarily have recent information on Gambit. He only had interacted with the X-Men a handful of times before and SHIELD/Avengers mostly stayed out of X-Men business too. That would explain his ignorance at least.

#36 Edited by detacude (1406 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: I've always seen Gambits power level to be around that of Moon-Knight as they have fought several times (att least 3 times) and never had a conclusive winner, and I personally believe it goes with his standard showings other than pis like him putting down King Hyperion

This should be Miles fight to win imo

#37 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is some durability feats now I have scans.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

1-2) This Myseterio self destruct KO peter but not Miles. Miles was closer to the blast too.

3) Another large blast at point range. Never KOed.

4) Bloodlusted Vision blasts Miles who stays in the fight.

5-6) Giant Woman (who catches Helicarriers in strength mind ya) slams Miles with massive overswing. Miles is not KOed.

#39 Posted by NewWorldOrder (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit.

#40 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if the Venom Sting plays no role here either.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

1) Venom Stings Giant Woman into Submission.

2-3) KOes Peter twice with it.

4) KOes superhuman durable Omega Red.

5-6) Busts out of Dooms forcefield with it.

Or the Web Incap option.

1) Web incaps five SHIELD agents while dodging M-4 rounds.

2) Web incaps a whole building of people inside.

3) Web incaps Ms Marvel and Nova.

4) Web incaps dozen heroes in a free for all brawl.

5) Web incaps Logans feet. Proving he can dodge, and tag someone like Wolverine.

6) Reacts and tags the face of Warmachine suits cruising by while gunning shit down.

Or his Stealth factor that comes into play.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8

1-2) Stealth Venom Stings Electro in mid fight.

3-4) Stealth Venom Stings Omega Red in mid fight.

5) Stealth attacks Prowler in mid fight.

6-7) Stealth attacks Peter Parker in mid fight.

8) Stealth attack Scorpion in mid fight.

Or the better Strength.

1) One shots Ultimate Doom. Beating up him and his Doombots.

2-4) Full bodily flips back Giant Woman with his punch and KOes her too. Giant Women are strong enough to catch helicarriers.

5-6) Lifts a cars and throws it. Lifts a multi ton truck and throws it.

Or the Better Agility with Spider Sense back by SHIELD training.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12Gallery image 13Gallery image 14

1-2) Senses Spider Woman and other Spider people before he knew what his powers did.

3-4) Senses the cops intent to shoot and then weaves through the bullets fired.

5) Reacts to Boom Boom before she explodes the car.

6-8) Here Miles is able to Spider Sense the intent to attack a group of time portal clones from the original. That is how accurate his sense is.

9) Stated by Iron Man to have micro second reaction time thanks to his speed and spider sense.

10) Weaves through the mass full auto of five SHIELD agents after sensing their intent to shoot.

11) Dodges Warmachine fire even though they are all equip with Stark tech and Iron Man targeters.

12-13) Dodges the sniper attack by Winter Soldier in the night during the rain thanks to Spider Sense. Then speed wise closes the distance before Bucky could get another round off.

14) Weaves and dodges the mass laser fire of Reed Richard's Erbie defense system. In a cramp space of the baxter building no less. Something even Superior Spider Man had issues doing himself out in the open space.

Oh well. Im bias for Miles anyway regardless the logic, so what do I know lol ;)

#43 Posted by GraniteSoldier (12746 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I've been gone awhile but...Miles loses to Red Hood but beats Bane...when Bane throttled Jason like a stuffed animal in their last encounter? And he beat Jason (off panel admittedly) in I Am Bane? I think DC shows us clearly who the superior of the two is...so if anything Miles should beat Jason but not Bane. Personally I think Miles wins both of those fights...and I don't even like Miles.

Anyway, he should win this fight too in my opinion.

#44 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36983 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz:

Now when I ask questions like this about Dracula's powers...u get mad as hell...

#46 Posted by GraniteSoldier (12746 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier: been deployed Bro?

Nah, my transfer from the AF to the CG went through...so I've been in training and getting my new life together.

Nothing so exciting as another trip to the sandbox haha.

#47 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero: how so? What hav I claim Dracula done that is not in character?

#48 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier: need more Granite in this site lol. I getting a new job as a prison guard. My wife works for the VA now. Hopefully I can start loving the dream and take vacations to Daytona regularly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
#50 Posted by deactivated-5a89ca5697052 (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Gambit.

He can keep up and he has the offensive abilities to put miles down for good.